forensic eval/thief hunting

1 view

Alex Mars

Apr 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/24/00
Is anyone hunting thieves guild members using this skill? I hate thieves and
this could be a new diversion for me in UO. I've run into one or two thieves
from the TG but never seen anyone denounce one or try to kill one.

-Well, God was my co-pilot....but we crashed into a mountain and I had to eat
Him.

Dexter

Apr 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/25/00
I waxed one last night, but after he stole from me outside the moonglow graveyard
(typical area)....things is, they have to be perma grey to not receive a murder,
and forensics only tells you if they are a thief....so you could be taking your
chances if you attack arbitrarily

Alex Mars

Apr 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/25/00
I thought being in the Thieves Guild made someone a free target that could be
killed at any time?

Fester

Apr 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/25/00
One upon a time, there was a magical fairy named Alex Mars who lived in
rec.games.computer.ultima.online and spoke thusly:

>I thought being in the Thieves Guild made someone a free target that
>could be killed at any time?

If you kill a theif in the theives guild that has not stolen from anyone
since he last resurrected, you will go grey and guard-whackable. However,
he CANNOT give you a murder count.

If he has stolen since he was last resurrected, you make attack him without
penalty, even if he appears blue.

--

-- Magnus Cybium (Sonoma)
"Great spirits have always encountered violent

Patrick Fisher

Apr 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/25/00

"Alex Mars" <alex...@aol.comspamnerf> wrote in message

> I thought being in the Thieves Guild made someone a free target that could
be
> killed at any time?

Being in the TG makes you unable to give a murder count, any time, *BUT* the
noto system and guards still protect TG members who aren't perma-grey or
grey (i.e. those who haven't stolen since their last death). So outside of
guard protection, yes, any TG member is a free kill as long as you don't
mind noto-pks walking by.

Richard Cortese

Apr 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/28/00
Stephen Reid <spr...@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> To clear up a few facts, all foresics does is detect if someone is in
thief
> guild. - Thats all - It does NOT make a thief perma grey.
> On the other matters that have been presented:
> 1 - The random stealing method does not work any more to detect
> perma grey.
> 2 - Attacking a thief to detect perma grey is not a sure-fire way to
detect
> perma grey any more as well.
> For those that wish to detect these little pesky thieves there is one
method
> that has been written in the newsgroups that I will not repeat, search
> around
> a bit.
> Hunting these thieves was a hell of a lot of fun, however they are spread
> around kinda thinly on the oceania shard (perma grey ones anyway - lots of
> lockpickers though). They really get a hell of a shock when ya kill them,
> especially paralysing them in town is a hoot, first reaction is usually
> "Huh?"
"Guards!" usually comes first.

Stephen Reid

Apr 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/29/00