Self-head-turn-in workaround

Tinarandil

Mar 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/28/99
There is a fairly simply way to keep PKs from killing themselves and turning
the head into a guard. If the bounty is past 10k, stat loss is doubled.
Past 50k, it's doubled again. Past 100k, the death is permanent. Not very
fair, but it does discourage turning in your own head.

Richard Cortese

Mar 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/29/99
Not the way it works. Red PKs almost always go out with blue mules.
Maybe one or two of the mules will actually go gray from healing them,
but if you manage to kill the red, all his stooges block you, stand on
his corpse, spam so you can't target it, and get the head.

They also seem to be able to Hover the pack faster then I can even think
about it. I get error messages ~you must wait before you start another
action, while they seem to make about 2-4 items a second disappear.

Tinarandil

Mar 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/29/99

Richard Cortese <rico...@netmagic.net> wrote in message

> Not the way it works. Red PKs almost always go out with blue mules.
> Maybe one or two of the mules will actually go gray from healing them,
> but if you manage to kill the red, all his stooges block you, stand on
> his corpse, spam so you can't target it, and get the head.
>
> They also seem to be able to Hover the pack faster then I can even think
> about it. I get error messages ~you must wait before you start another
> action, while they seem to make about 2-4 items a second disappear.
I think UOE lets you do that. Not sure, I've never used it. Oh, those
events only happen when the head is turned in, so the mules won't turn the
head in unless they want to irritate the PK. Plus, the perma-death past
100k adds an element of danger for the PKs (who claim that's why they do it)
and adds a reason to bounty-hunt, since the loot a PK carries is usually
worth more than the bounty on his head.

Brian Shoemaker

Mar 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/30/99
It amazes me that people pay money to go online and follow someone around
all night healing them. DOnt forget the looters, I cant believe people waste
recall reagents just to loot an empty bag off someones corpse!

Brian

--
GreyWolf adept mage--Chesapeake
Gwar adept warrior--Atlantic