Beware - House Break-in Exploit

Yuri Gorlinski

Dec 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/14/99

Our dear friend Austin and some of his kewlio pals
recently used a house break-in exploit to loot one of
the OGD houses on SP. We've consulted with
counselors and GMs who have verified the exploit,
so hopefully it will be fixed soon. In the interim, I'd
like to offer some advice geared to protecting your
home.

This particular exploit is being used to bypass the
locked down counters that people use to split
houses into public and private sections. Essentially,
if you're using a trash barrel as part of your counter,
you are at risk. To protect your house, you must
lock down another object behind your trash barrel in
order to create a secondary barrier. This will
prevent folks from being able to use this exploit to
gain access to the private section of your house.

Please note that Austin is no longer a member of
PAG. I know PAG to be an honorable guild, so it's
not at all surprising that they've sought to
disassociate themselves from an exploiting house
looter like Austin.

Lord Ssu-ma Shih-ka'i, OGD

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Damocles

Dec 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/14/99
On Tue, 14 Dec 1999 15:18:18 GMT, Yuri Gorlinski
<yg...@mojo.calyx.net> wrote:

> Our dear friend Austin and some of his kewlio pals
>recently used a house break-in exploit to loot one of
>the OGD houses on SP. We've consulted with
>counselors and GMs who have verified the exploit,
>so hopefully it will be fixed soon. In the interim, I'd
>like to offer some advice geared to protecting your
>home.

<snip>

As of the next update, all non-locked down items will be decaying
anyway, so I don't think it's too big a deal. The whole blocking
access thing seemed like an exploit to me anyway. Are you really so
inefficient with your item count that you can't stay within the locked
down count of your house?

Now if you're talking penetration of secured containers or removal of
locked down items, that's another story.

Yuri Gorlinski

Dec 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/14/99
phae...@yahoo.com (Damocles) wrote:

> As of the next update, all non-locked down items will be decaying
> anyway, so I don't think it's too big a deal.

Right. After the phase III update people won't be
able to use this exploit to loot, but it might still be
used to illegally gain access to the private section
of houses in order to attempt assassinations and
other mischief.

> The whole blocking
> access thing seemed like an exploit to me anyway. Are you really so
> inefficient with your item count that you can't stay within the locked
> down count of your house?

OGD currently has about 20 members on SP, all of
us sharing one large brick house. Several of our
brothers have recently purchased small private
homes and this has alleviated our storage problems
to some extent, but we still don't have enough
lockdowns and secures to go around.

Since our numerous enemies pay us frequent
visits, maintaining the security of the back portion
of the house is essential for us to be able to train
and re-equip in relative safety.

I find your suggestion that using locked downs to
form a counter constitutes an exploit to be quite
laughable.

Lars Friedrich

Dec 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/14/99
Damocles wrote:
> > Our dear friend Austin and some of his kewlio pals
> >recently used a house break-in exploit to loot one of
> >the OGD houses on SP. We've consulted with
> >counselors and GMs who have verified the exploit,
> >so hopefully it will be fixed soon. In the interim, I'd
> >like to offer some advice geared to protecting your
> >home.
> <snip>
> As of the next update, all non-locked down items will be decaying
> anyway, so I don't think it's too big a deal.
Interesting..I will remember this.

> The whole blocking access thing seemed like an exploit to me anyway.

"While OSI tries to work out the kinks in their item reduction scheme, some
intrepid players have found a new way to relieve their fellows of their
goods, stackable or no. Yes, another house looting exploit is out there,
once again involving those pesky little rare mushrooms that for some reason
the dev team hasn't removed from the game. This is a confirmed exploit, and
I think the only defense against it would be to block access within your
house from the door." - Damocles 10/10/99

> Are you really so inefficient with your item count that you can't stay
within the locked
> down count of your house?

You are allowed to store items in your house, you are not allowed to exploit
bugs to get to these items.

Austin

Dec 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/14/99
On Tue, 14 Dec 1999 15:18:18 GMT, Yuri Gorlinski
<yg...@mojo.calyx.net> wrote:

Got the balls too make a wager Yuri.
The whole shebang. My accounts for yours. There is no bug. Your guild
is full of fools. Nut up or shut up.

> Our dear friend Austin and some of his kewlio pals
>recently used a house break-in exploit to loot one of
>the OGD houses on SP. We've consulted with
>counselors and GMs who have verified the exploit,
>so hopefully it will be fixed soon. In the interim, I'd
>like to offer some advice geared to protecting your
>home.
>

> This particular exploit is being used to bypass the
>locked down counters that people use to split
>houses into public and private sections. Essentially,
>if you're using a trash barrel as part of your counter,
>you are at risk. To protect your house, you must
>lock down another object behind your trash barrel in
>order to create a secondary barrier. This will
>prevent folks from being able to use this exploit to
>gain access to the private section of your house.
>
> Please note that Austin is no longer a member of
>PAG. I know PAG to be an honorable guild, so it's
>not at all surprising that they've sought to
>disassociate themselves from an exploiting house
>looter like Austin.
>

>Lord Ssu-ma Shih-ka'i, OGD

Corwin of Amber (WE/LS)

Dec 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/14/99
>Hmm - hate to be picky, but are locked down objects officially meant
>to be able to be used to create these sections?
>
>Otara

Yes, I've asked.

Xigam

Dec 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/14/99
None of this will matter when phase III hits..

Until people start blocking off vendors from to anyone but themselves.

- Xigam

Sam Woodchopper

Dec 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/14/99
>Hmm - hate to be picky, but are locked down objects officially meant
>to be able to be used to create these sections?
>
>Otara

No, I've asked.

Sam Woodchopper,
Drachenfels

http://www.valendor.org

Lars Friedrich

Dec 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/14/99
Sam Woodchopper wrote:
> >Hmm - hate to be picky, but are locked down objects officially meant
> >to be able to be used to create these sections?
> No, I've asked.
Who?

Richard Cortese

Dec 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/14/99
Yuri Gorlinski <yg...@mojo.calyx.net> wrote in message

> I find your suggestion that using locked downs to
> form a counter constitutes an exploit to be quite
> laughable.
This really needs to be straightened out by OSI. Specifically, you can't
lock anything down by a door or stairs, but it is ok to lay a line of crates
across a room that has the same exact effect.

If they are serious about things like item count, they should just forget
the whole blocking issue and let people block with 1 chest or multiple keys
for multi room public houses. That is, you could have a public tower or
brick with each room lockable at your option. Something, anything.

Austin

Dec 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/14/99
On 15 Dec 1999 00:46:37 GMT, yg...@mojo.calyx.net (Yuri Gorlinski)
wrote:

>007...@direct.ca wrote:
>>
>>Got the balls too make a wager Yuri.
>

> Sorry, I don't make wagers with honorless exploiting twinks.
>

>Shih-ka'i, OGD

Im surprised, you hang out with them enough.

Austin

Dec 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/14/99
On Wed, 15 Dec 1999 12:18:45 +1100, Otara <sp...@spammity.com.au>
wrote:

>Fair enough.
>
>Only issue left then is whether an exploit was actually used to get
>past or if someone left a hole in their defenses. Austin seems to be
>rather definite that he didnt.
>
>Otara

Seeing as I was sitting at home when loot started appearing on my
doorstep , i can assure you I didnt use a bug. And after looking at
the house, and the fact that a GM watched the breakin happen i am
pretty sure that the GMs do not think so either.

>On Tue, 14 Dec 1999 21:58:40 GMT, cor...@wind.atlantic.com (Corwin of
>Amber (WE/LS)) wrote:
>
>>>Hmm - hate to be picky, but are locked down objects officially meant
>>>to be able to be used to create these sections?

Austin

Dec 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/14/99
On 15 Dec 1999 02:30:12 GMT, yg...@mojo.calyx.net (Yuri Gorlinski)
wrote:

>007...@direct.ca wrote:
>>
>>Seeing as I was sitting at home when loot started appearing on my
>>doorstep , i can assure you I didnt use a bug. And after looking at
>>the house, and the fact that a GM watched the breakin happen i am
>>pretty sure that the GMs do not think so either.
>

> We're talking about two different break-ins. Your twink pals
>spent ten days trying to get into our large brick, and when one of
>them finally made it (the exploit only allows one across at a time)
>one of our blue characters banned him before he could get any loot.
>The GM did not see that break-in, if they had your pals would likely
>be banned.
>
> They later managed to loot one of our individually owned small
>houses. Probably didn't need the exploit for that one, I've no
>idea, it's not what I've been talking about.
>
> It's nice that you've found companions more suited to your twink
>tendancies now that PAG's seen fit to expunge you from their ranks.
>

>Shih-ka'i, OGD

If there was a way past a barrier, dont you think more than just 1 OGD
house would have been looted. Not 1 person, across all shards, has run
into this problem. The problem with being in a guild with members that
lie, is that you cant tell when they are being truthful.

You were lied to.

Quaestor

Dec 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/14/99
Otara wrote:

> Umm - heh.
>
> Anyone here from OSI that can put an official line on this?

OS people would rather be stuffed live up the anus of a sick bandersnatch
than be caught dead here.

(Aren't we lucky to have someone like me to make things like this so
graphically clear?)

Otara

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
<yg...@mojo.calyx.net> wrote:
> This particular exploit is being used to bypass the
>locked down counters that people use to split
>houses into public and private sections. Essentially,
>if you're using a trash barrel as part of your counter,
>you are at risk. To protect your house, you must
>lock down another object behind your trash barrel in
>order to create a secondary barrier. This will
>prevent folks from being able to use this exploit to
>gain access to the private section of your house.

Hmm - hate to be picky, but are locked down objects officially meant

Damocles

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
On 14 Dec 1999 14:30:05 -0600, "Lars Friedrich"
<lars.fr...@privat.kkf.net> wrote:

>> The whole blocking access thing seemed like an exploit to me anyway.
>"While OSI tries to work out the kinks in their item reduction scheme, some
>intrepid players have found a new way to relieve their fellows of their
>goods, stackable or no. Yes, another house looting exploit is out there,
>once again involving those pesky little rare mushrooms that for some reason
>the dev team hasn't removed from the game. This is a confirmed exploit, and
>I think the only defense against it would be to block access within your
>house from the door." - Damocles 10/10/99

Thanks for the refresher, Lars. That was two months ago, prior to the
introduction of no weight limits on secured containers. When it was
400 stones or bust, it was very much a problem for everyone and
blocking access was perfectly legit. It seems rather less so now, more
of a way of circumventing the item limits that houses are supposed to
have.

Yuri Gorlinski

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99

Yuri Gorlinski

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
phae...@yahoo.com wrote:

>Thanks for the refresher, Lars. That was two months ago, prior to the
>introduction of no weight limits on secured containers. When it was
>400 stones or bust, it was very much a problem for everyone and
>blocking access was perfectly legit. It seems rather less so now, more
>of a way of circumventing the item limits that houses are supposed to
>have.

How does something go from "perfectly legit" to "exploit" in two
months just because you don't have a convenient use for it anymore?

Even after phase III goes in, locked-down counters will still be used
by people who want to divide unlocked property into separate public
and private areas. There are numerous reasons for this which go beyond
mere item storage.

Shih-ka'i, OGD

Otara

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99

Amber (WE/LS)) wrote:

>>Hmm - hate to be picky, but are locked down objects officially meant
>>to be able to be used to create these sections?
>>
>>Otara
>

>Yes, I've asked.

Otara

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99

On Tue, 14 Dec 1999 22:36:45 GMT, Sam Woodchopper <no...@none.none>
wrote:

>>Hmm - hate to be picky, but are locked down objects officially meant
>>to be able to be used to create these sections?
>>
>>Otara

Damocles

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
On 15 Dec 1999 01:10:58 GMT, yg...@mojo.calyx.net (Yuri Gorlinski)
wrote:

>phae...@yahoo.com wrote:

*shrug* block away then. I guess I've always been efficient with my
item counts and never understood why people needed so much space.

Yuri Gorlinski

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99

Alex Mars

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
After Yuri corresponded with me about playing the PK game and coming to Sonoma
I learned a lot about him.

I set him up with resources but he really didn't need it, he'd already started
gathering his own. When I spelled out the restrictions on who are victims
would be he followed the rules. I watched him build his character and saw that
he didn't use exploits (except macroing, which was no illegal then except in
the eyes of Dennis (as an aside, I remember GMs telling us to use macroing to
repair stat migration)). I gave him keys to my house and put him on the friend
list, he never betrayed that trust. When he died as a murderer he took his
stat loss without comment (ok, I'm lying, he was annoyed).

I don't know who else is in OGD, but I know he wouldn't stay in a guild that
was without honour.

Austin, it is my opinion that you are a lying sack of shit.

>From: Austin <007...@direct.ca>
>Date: Tue, 14 December 1999 08:06 PM EST
>
>On 15 Dec 1999 00:46:37 GMT, yg...@mojo.calyx.net (Yuri Gorlinski)
>wrote:
>

>Im surprised, you hang out with them enough.
>

></PRE></HTML>

-Agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

Alex Mars

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
That's an image I could have lived without.

>From: Quaestor <Range...@Skara.Brae>
>Date: Wed, 15 December 1999 12:03 AM EST

>Otara wrote:
>
>> Umm - heh.
>>
>> Anyone here from OSI that can put an official line on this?
>

>OS people would rather be stuffed live up the anus of a sick bandersnatch
>than be caught dead here.
>
>(Aren't we lucky to have someone like me to make things like this so
>graphically clear?)

Lars Friedrich

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
Damocles wrote:
> >> The whole blocking access thing seemed like an exploit to me anyway.
> >"While OSI tries to work out the kinks in their item reduction scheme,
some
> >intrepid players have found a new way to relieve their fellows of their
> >goods, stackable or no. Yes, another house looting exploit is out there,
> >once again involving those pesky little rare mushrooms that for some
reason
> >the dev team hasn't removed from the game. This is a confirmed exploit,
and
> >I think the only defense against it would be to block access within your
> >house from the door." - Damocles 10/10/99
> Thanks for the refresher, Lars. That was two months ago, prior to the
> introduction of no weight limits on secured containers. When it was
> 400 stones or bust, it was very much a problem for everyone and
> blocking access was perfectly legit.
Hu?
What is that for a weird point of view?
If it helps, it is not an exploit, if it is not necessary, it is an exploit?
A really stupid argument to get out of this situation.

> It seems rather less so now, more of a way of circumventing the item
limits that houses are supposed to
> have.

There was always an item limit for a house and it was always 'circumventing
item limits per house' to use such a counter. First it is an effective way
to block access, then it is an exploit. It is interesting how you twist your
neck according to the situation..

Damocles

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
On 15 Dec 1999 04:22:00 -0600, "Lars Friedrich"
<lars.fr...@privat.kkf.net> wrote:

>> Thanks for the refresher, Lars. That was two months ago, prior to the
>> introduction of no weight limits on secured containers. When it was
>> 400 stones or bust, it was very much a problem for everyone and
>> blocking access was perfectly legit.
>Hu?
>What is that for a weird point of view?
>If it helps, it is not an exploit, if it is not necessary, it is an exploit?
>A really stupid argument to get out of this situation.

Heh, it's a situation is it? Oh no, how will I deal with the
situation....

>> It seems rather less so now, more of a way of circumventing the item
>limits that houses are supposed to
>> have.
>There was always an item limit for a house and it was always 'circumventing
>item limits per house' to use such a counter. First it is an effective way
>to block access, then it is an exploit. It is interesting how you twist your
>neck according to the situation..

Kind of like you admitting in another post that you were a grey
killing npk eh? You twist your neck on that one so many times I'm
surprised it's not broken.

Yuri Gorlinski

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
007...@direct.ca wrote:

>If there was a way past a barrier, dont you think more than just 1 OGD
>house would have been looted. Not 1 person, across all shards, has run
>into this problem.

You have no way of knowing that.

> The problem with being in a guild with members that
>lie, is that you cant tell when they are being truthful.

Is that why PAG gave you the boot?

>You were lied to.

My guildmates have no reason to lie here. On the other hand, your
motive in lying to cover your ass is clear enough...

Shih-ka'i, OGD

Cozy

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
On 15 Dec 1999 13:36:48 GMT, yg...@mojo.calyx.net (Yuri Gorlinski)
wrote:

>007...@direct.ca wrote:

>>If there was a way past a barrier, dont you think more than just 1 OGD
>>house would have been looted. Not 1 person, across all shards, has run
>>into this problem.
>
> You have no way of knowing that.
>

>Shih-ka'i, OGD

1 (one) comes before 2,3,...a lot.
There always has to be the first.

Cozy

Carol Ou

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
Yuri Gorlinski (yg...@mojo.calyx.net) wrote:
: 007...@direct.ca wrote:
: >
: > The problem with being in a guild with members that

: >lie, is that you cant tell when they are being truthful.

: Is that why PAG gave you the boot?

Austin not being on the PAG stone was a game-play decision that was
mutually reached. Fact is, there are some instances when a guild
affiliation can actually be constrictive to the individual player. At any
rate, I would appreciate it if you left PAG out of this thread, as we're
not at all involved in the events being discussed. Plus, I don't wear
boots.

Ria di Sonom (SP)
Perilous Adventurers Guild

Brandy

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99

Quaestor <Range...@Skara.Brae> wrote in message

> OS people would rather be stuffed live up the anus of a sick bandersnatch
> than be caught dead here.
>
> (Aren't we lucky to have someone like me to make things like this so
> graphically clear?)

Not really. As usual you waste time and bandwidth by adding nothing useful
to the discussion but a smartass comment. Not to mention the often
disgusting imagery you often employ.

Brandy (WE, LS)

Xigam

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
On Tue, 14 Dec 1999 18:20:19 -0000, "Richard Cortese"

On small houses, you can open the door and lock a chest down on the
tile right in front of the door preventing access.. I used to do it
alot when I was worried about getting house looted (by cheaterS)

- Xigam

Lars Friedrich

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
Damocles wrote:
> >> Thanks for the refresher, Lars. That was two months ago, prior to the
> >> introduction of no weight limits on secured containers. When it was
> >> 400 stones or bust, it was very much a problem for everyone and
> >> blocking access was perfectly legit.
> >Hu?
> >What is that for a weird point of view?
> >If it helps, it is not an exploit, if it is not necessary, it is an
exploit?
> >A really stupid argument to get out of this situation.
> Heh, it's a situation is it? Oh no, how will I deal with the
> situation....
You try to avoid it with rhetorical tricks of course.
You basically don't do anything else. You make a short comment and then when
it comes to discussing a matter, you hide behind some other stupid comments.

> >> It seems rather less so now, more of a way of circumventing the item
> >limits that houses are supposed to
> >> have.
> >There was always an item limit for a house and it was always
'circumventing
> >item limits per house' to use such a counter. First it is an effective
way
> >to block access, then it is an exploit. It is interesting how you twist
your
> >neck according to the situation..
> Kind of like you admitting in another post that you were a grey
> killing npk eh? You twist your neck on that one so many times I'm
> surprised it's not broken.

I never twist my neck with that. I've always said that I kill grey people,
never said that I didn't do that.
But you tell us first that it is okay and the very next second that it is an
exploit. That is like I would say that I kill grey people and the very next
second that I don't kill grey people. Show me the message in which I said
that I don't kill grey people..fascinating that this npk thing always shows
up when someone doesn't know what to say in a discussion...like it would be
false when a npk says that the sky is blue just because he is a npk..not to
mention that we could consider all SBR members as npks...
*shrugs*

Lars Friedrich

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
Carol Ou wrote:
> : Is that why PAG gave you the boot?
> Austin not being on the PAG stone was a game-play decision that was
> mutually reached. Fact is, there are some instances when a guild
> affiliation can actually be constrictive to the individual player.
Like when the player is an exploiter and the guild honorable?

Carol Ou

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
Lars Friedrich (lars.fr...@privat.kkf.net) wrote:

Well, truthfully.. Austin's no longer in the guild because he's, well,
I don't know if you guys already know this... but Austin, well, he's,
well... he's Canadian. And frankly, that's just something you can't
forgive. :P

*grins*

Damocles

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
On 15 Dec 1999 14:18:03 -0600, "Lars Friedrich"
<lars.fr...@privat.kkf.net> wrote:

>I never twist my neck with that. I've always said that I kill grey people,
>never said that I didn't do that.

Being a grey killer makes you a punk, a wannabe pk who won't take the
consequences of his actions. I said in a response to Yuri that maybe I
was wrong on this one, but I didn't bother saying such to you...I
respect Yuri, you see.

Austin

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
wrote:

>007...@direct.ca wrote:
>>
>>If there was a way past a barrier, dont you think more than just 1 OGD
>>house would have been looted. Not 1 person, across all shards, has run
>>into this problem.
>
> You have no way of knowing that.
>

>> The problem with being in a guild with members that
>>lie, is that you cant tell when they are being truthful.
>

> Is that why PAG gave you the boot?
>

>>You were lied to.
>
> My guildmates have no reason to lie here. On the other hand, your
>motive in lying to cover your ass is clear enough...
>

>Shih-ka'i, OGD

Really? I was not even there Yuri. A GM was.
If there was a kewl sploit, Andi woulda been banned. GM Verified every
step of it.

Corwin of Amber (WE/LS)

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
Well, you really lit that one up!

I haven't heard what Austin did, but there is the old one where if the
barrier isn't even that you can summon a horse to get by - but that
doesn't work anymore now that horses come to you instead of you going
to them.

Alternatively, sometimes a summoned daemon would flap over a table all
on his own ... and then you could have him fetch stuff. But they
disabled the fetch command long ago.

Sure seems like OSI has taken a lot of steps to make houses with
barriers secure.

wrote:

>Fair enough.

>Only issue left then is whether an exploit was actually used to get
>past or if someone left a hole in their defenses. Austin seems to be
>rather definite that he didnt.
>
>Otara
>
>On Tue, 14 Dec 1999 21:58:40 GMT, cor...@wind.atlantic.com (Corwin of

>Amber (WE/LS)) wrote:
>
>>>Hmm - hate to be picky, but are locked down objects officially meant
>>>to be able to be used to create these sections?
>>>
>>>Otara
>>

>>Yes, I've asked.

Lars Friedrich

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
Damocles wrote:
> >I never twist my neck with that. I've always said that I kill grey
people,
> >never said that I didn't do that.
> Being a grey killer makes you a punk
<snip>
In which post did I say that I do not kill grey people? Or to say it in
another way:
In which thread in which I said that I kill grey people did I revert my
opinion like you did regarding using counters?
Come on, Damocles..

Austin

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
On 16 Dec 1999 00:43:37 GMT, yg...@mojo.calyx.net (Yuri Gorlinski)
wrote:

>007...@direct.ca wrote:
>>
>>Really? I was not even there Yuri. A GM was.
>

> If you weren't there, how do you know that a GM was?

>>If there was a kewl sploit, Andi woulda been banned. GM Verified every
>>step of it.
>

> This is moderately complicated and your capacity for rational thought
>is clearly limited, so it's not surprising that you've got things a
>little mixed up. I will endeavor to clarify the situation for you.
>
> The GM was present for the non-sploited looting of the small house,
>which happened a short time after the sploited break-in on the large
>brick. The GM was in fact there because we paged after witnessing your
>friends' kewl little sploit in action.
>
> Have you considered that your pals, honorable, house-looting,
>exploiting types that they are, might be the liars here?
>

>Shih-ka'i, OGD

Nope, because noone in OGD will take a bet with me to prove that your
so called exploit is real. It isnt real, everyone in OGD knows it is
not real, and that is why the will not take the bet. Your guildmate
claire banned from the SMALL HOUSE when the counterwall was breached.
not the large house. Ask her.

Austin

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
On Wed, 15 Dec 1999 23:22:47 GMT, cor...@wind.atlantic.com (Corwin of
Amber (WE/LS)) wrote:

>Well, you really lit that one up!
>
>I haven't heard what Austin did, but there is the old one where if the
>barrier isn't even that you can summon a horse to get by - but that
>doesn't work anymore now that horses come to you instead of you going
>to them.

I always wondered why anyone would waste hours summoning horses, when
if the barrier is staggered you can simply res a ghost in that spot.

Sam Woodchopper

Dec 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/15/99
> > >Hmm - hate to be picky, but are locked down objects officially meant
> > >to be able to be used to create these sections?
> > No, I've asked.
> Who?

I think I asked the same people as Otara did :P "The blue
people"

Sam Woodchopper,
http://www.valendor.org

Yuri Gorlinski

Dec 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/16/99

Yuri Gorlinski

Dec 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/16/99
o...@mail2.sas.upenn.edu wrote:

>Well, truthfully.. Austin's no longer in the guild because he's, well,
>I don't know if you guys already know this... but Austin, well, he's,
>well... he's Canadian.

That certainly explains a lot, eh?

Shih-ka'i, OGD

Damocles

Dec 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/16/99
On 15 Dec 1999 18:20:40 -0600, "Lars Friedrich"
<lars.fr...@privat.kkf.net> wrote:

Heh, getting a little miffed eh? Someone must've managed to recall out
after you jumped into their blade spirits. Too bad, better luck next
time, my newbie killing friend.

Yuri Gorlinski

Dec 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/16/99
Austin <007...@direct.ca> wrote:

> > Have you considered that your pals, honorable, house-looting,
> >exploiting types that they are, might be the liars here?
>
> Nope, because noone in OGD will take a bet with me to prove that your
> so called exploit is real.

I can't argue with logic like that, it's too stupid. I
can't argue with you, you're too stupid.

However, if I can find the time I shall endeavor to
test this exploit out independantly with an unbiased
third party. I'm not really interested in continuing
this pissing contest, my intent in starting this thread
was merely to warn everyone about how to protect
their homes from those who would take advantage
of this exploit. This has been accomplished, and I
see no point in humoring your idiocy.

Shih-ka'i, OGD

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Lars Friedrich

Dec 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/16/99
Damocles wrote:
> >people,
> >> Being a grey killer makes you a punk
> ><snip>
> >In which post did I say that I do not kill grey people? Or to say it in
> >another way:
> >In which thread in which I said that I kill grey people did I revert my
> >opinion like you did regarding using counters?
> >Come on, Damocles..
> Heh, getting a little miffed eh? Someone must've managed to recall out
> after you jumped into their blade spirits. Too bad, better luck next
> time, my newbie killing friend.
2nd verse, same as the first:

In which post did I say that I do not kill grey people? Or to say it in
another way:
In which thread in which I said that I kill grey people did I revert my
opinion like you did regarding using counters?
Come on, Damocles..

(Not to mention that I don't exploit. But you will never learn the
difference.)

Marc Bissonnette

Dec 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/16/99
In article <src64.9493$k22.8...@newscene.newscene.com>,
lars.fr...@privat.kkf.net says...

>In which post did I say that I do not kill grey people? Or to say it in
>another way:
>In which thread in which I said that I kill grey people did I revert my
>opinion like you did regarding using counters?
>Come on, Damocles..
>
>(Not to mention that I don't exploit. But you will never learn the
>difference.)

Urg - grey killers... I was in deceit the other day and some nitwit
polymorphed into a monster (at least, I'm assuming that's what happened), my
friend who was on the phone with me when we were playing told me to get the
hell out when I said "WTF? 'You have been flagged a criminal', so I stepped on
a tele rune, opened my pack to cast recall and some twit comes along and
spell-combo's me right away.

I guess I'm not really complaining, since I'm assuming most people flagged
grey are probably so for just cause, but dangit, I was rather pleased with the
fact that I am finally 'admirable' and still going up, slaying foul beasts,
casting my (rather low-power) heal spells on those that need it, etc, etc.

Ah well, the experience has taught me at least to
a) make a macro for disarm both hands & cast recall on home rune
b) perform a) the second I get flagged a criminal if polymorphing lusers get
me flagged grey
c) fir an arrow at a spell-combo'er first to get a chance to get out.

Sigh.

Umbra Fatale on Atlantic

--
----------------------------
Marc Bissonnette

Damocles

Dec 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/16/99
On 16 Dec 1999 15:03:39 -0600, "Lars Friedrich"
<lars.fr...@privat.kkf.net> wrote:

>2nd verse, same as the first:

>In which post did I say that I do not kill grey people? Or to say it in
>another way:
>In which thread in which I said that I kill grey people did I revert my
>opinion like you did regarding using counters?
>Come on, Damocles..

Look, Lars, the guy in the orc helm misclicked on the tame wolf! Go
get him, tiger!

Lars Friedrich

Dec 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/17/99
Damocles wrote:
> >2nd verse, same as the first:
> >In which post did I say that I do not kill grey people? Or to say it in
> >another way:
> >In which thread in which I said that I kill grey people did I revert my
> >opinion like you did regarding using counters?
> >Come on, Damocles..
> Look, Lars, the guy in the orc helm misclicked on the tame wolf! Go
> get him, tiger!
Look, Damocles, the guy just stole your katana of vanquishing. Let him
escape..
3rd verse, same as the first:

Damocles

Dec 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/17/99
On 17 Dec 1999 04:26:08 -0600, "Lars Friedrich"
<lars.fr...@privat.kkf.net> wrote:

>Look, Damocles, the guy just stole your katana of vanquishing. Let him
>escape..
>3rd verse, same as the first:
>In which post did I say that I do not kill grey people? Or to say it in
>another way:
>In which thread in which I said that I kill grey people did I revert my
>opinion like you did regarding using counters?
>Come on, Damocles..

You're really excited about this one, aren't you? That's funny, heh.

Lars Friedrich

Dec 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/17/99
Damocles wrote:
> >Look, Damocles, the guy just stole your katana of vanquishing. Let him
> >escape..
> >3rd verse, same as the first:
> >In which post did I say that I do not kill grey people? Or to say it in
> >another way:
> >In which thread in which I said that I kill grey people did I revert my
> >opinion like you did regarding using counters?
> >Come on, Damocles..
> You're really excited about this one, aren't you? That's funny, heh.
If you wouldn't try to avoid the answer so desperately..
4th verse, same as the first:

Damocles

Dec 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/18/99
On 17 Dec 1999 16:29:00 -0600, "Lars Friedrich"
<lars.fr...@privat.kkf.net> wrote:

>If you wouldn't try to avoid the answer so desperately..
>4th verse, same as the first:
>In which post did I say that I do not kill grey people? Or to say it in
>another way:
>In which thread in which I said that I kill grey people did I revert my
>opinion like you did regarding using counters?
>Come on, Damocles..

What answer? All I wanted you to do was provoke you so you'd admit to
everyone you're a grey killing npk, and you obliged me nicely. Thank
you, come again.

Lars Friedrich

Dec 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/18/99
Damocles wrote:
> What answer? All I wanted you to do was provoke you so you'd admit to
> everyone you're a grey killing npk, and you obliged me nicely.
Provoke me...lol..I already admitted it the very first time you mentioned it
(If I would have a problem with that, I would have never posted it and you
would never have known it, right?) and that was three days ago. All your
others posts were only a desperate try to shift the attention from your
twisting the neck regarding the use of barriers to the npk thing, which is
sooo old...
5th verse, same as the first:

Damocles

Dec 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/19/99
On 18 Dec 1999 13:38:09 -0600, "Lars Friedrich"
<lars.fr...@privat.kkf.net> wrote:

Here, tell you what: you post that verse, same as the first 17 more
times and I'll answer the question AND dress up as a newbie to flag
grey for you on a shard of your choice. How's that?

Lars Friedrich

Dec 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/19/99
Damocles wrote:
> Here, tell you what: you post that verse, same as the first 17 more
> times and I'll answer the question AND dress up as a newbie to flag
> grey for you on a shard of your choice. How's that?
6th verse, same as the first:

In which post did I say that I do not kill grey people? Or to say it in
another way:
In which thread in which I said that I kill grey people did I revert my
opinion like you did regarding using counters?
Come on, Damocles..the sentence:"In no message, I was wrong" is not that
difficult..believe me, even you are allowed to make a mistake..we won't burn
you for that...it is really easy to admit it..come on..

Damocles

Dec 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/19/99
On 19 Dec 1999 06:35:05 -0600, "Lars Friedrich"
<lars.fr...@privat.kkf.net> wrote:

Only 16 more to go, Lars...keep it up, buddy.

Lars Friedrich

Dec 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/19/99
Damocles wrote:
> Only 16 more to go, Lars...keep it up, buddy.
No problem
7th verse, same as the first:

Damocles

Dec 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/20/99
On 19 Dec 1999 17:38:05 -0600, "Lars Friedrich"
<lars.fr...@privat.kkf.net> wrote:

15 left, let's see those verses coming.

Lars Friedrich

Dec 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/20/99
Damocles wrote:
> 15 left, let's see those verses coming.
8th verse, same as the first:

Damocles

Dec 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/20/99
On 20 Dec 1999 14:21:01 -0600, "Lars Friedrich"
<lars.fr...@privat.kkf.net> wrote:

14 more posts and you win the prize, baby.