Dex monkey?????? + starting on SP

Tinarandil

Oct 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/20/99

marty wilker <m.wi...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
news:380e61b8....@netnews.worldnet.att.net...

> Ok have been hearing this term since before I even started in UO. What
> the &*@$ is a dex monkey? I know it is some kind of powergaming sort
> of character theory but what are the particulars?
Not really powergaming. By your definition, a mage with 100 intelligence is
a powergamer. Anyway, a dex monkey is a character with high dexterity and
strength. Helps him beat on things.

marty wilker

Oct 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/21/99

Ok have been hearing this term since before I even started in UO. What
the &*@$ is a dex monkey? I know it is some kind of powergaming sort
of character theory but what are the particulars?

Also, I have been thinking about starting a character on Siege just to
fool around with but want to be somewhat successful. What is everyones
opinion of the kind of character to start?

Pollard,Adept Warrior,Catskills
Robin,Master Fisherman,Catskills

Ted Kaiser

Oct 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/21/99
A dex monkey is a warrior that has 100 str, 25 int, and 100 dex. They
usually use some sort of fast weapon, like katana, warfork, kryss, or
quarterstaff. To top it off, they usually have GM in the related combat
skills. The goal of the dex monkey is not to cause a lot of damage in a
single wallop, but a good amount repeatedly over a short period of time.

As for character to run on SP, it is hard to say. The traditional methods
of starting a character may not work too well since NPCs do not buy goods,
and any goods purchased from an NPC vendor are 3 times the price.

IMO, the three profitable professions on the shard are blacksmith, monster
basher, and PK.

Opium

Oct 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/21/99
> Ok have been hearing this term since before I even started in UO. What
> the &*@$ is a dex monkey? I know it is some kind of powergaming sort
> of character theory but what are the particulars?
>
> Also, I have been thinking about starting a character on Siege just to
> fool around with but want to be somewhat successful. What is everyones
> opinion of the kind of character to start?

Dex monkey means high (100) dex. The typical dex monkey has 100 str,
100 dex, gm fencing or swords, tactics, high anatomy and is a nightmare
for every mage.