Crappy new trend in factions...

Mercillus

Feb 15, 2002, 3:59:53 PM2/15/02
Involves hiring like 20 NPC archers, and hanging around the moongates.

Whenever someone in an enemy factions steps through, its "ALL KILL", and
then they are dead in a hail of 20 arrows.

Totally lame, but works almost every time.

--
Mercillus

ICQ: 78623010

Myrex

Feb 15, 2002, 4:04:57 PM2/15/02
Mercillus woke up on Fri, 15 Feb 2002 20:59:53 GMT and sat in
rec.games.computer.ultima.online writing in message

> Involves hiring like 20 NPC archers, and hanging around the moongates.
>
> Whenever someone in an enemy factions steps through, its "ALL KILL",
> and then they are dead in a hail of 20 arrows.
>
> Totally lame, but works almost every time.

Know this from experience do we? :)

--
I stung my tongue on nettle tea,
the Herbal said 'twas good for me.

UO & AC Herbal - http://www.myrex.co.uk/herbal

Http://www.Deane-Saunders.co.uk

Mercillus

Feb 15, 2002, 4:40:54 PM2/15/02

"Myrex" <My...@myrex.co.uk> wrote in message

> Mercillus woke up on Fri, 15 Feb 2002 20:59:53 GMT and sat in
> rec.games.computer.ultima.online writing in message
>
> > Involves hiring like 20 NPC archers, and hanging around the moongates.
> >
> > Whenever someone in an enemy factions steps through, its "ALL KILL",
> > and then they are dead in a hail of 20 arrows.
> >
> > Totally lame, but works almost every time.
>
> Know this from experience do we? :)

Hell no. I would never do something lame like this.

I am merely very angry at having now seen 3 people in Shadowlords do it, and
seeing many people die to it.

--
Mercillus

ICQ: 78623010

Kiril Threndor

Feb 15, 2002, 4:54:14 PM2/15/02
On Fri, 15 Feb 2002 21:40:54 -0000, "Mercillus" <merc...@uomail.com>
wrote:

>"Myrex" <My...@myrex.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Mercillus woke up on Fri, 15 Feb 2002 20:59:53 GMT and sat in
>> rec.games.computer.ultima.online writing in message
>>
>> > Involves hiring like 20 NPC archers, and hanging around the moongates.
>> >
>> > Whenever someone in an enemy factions steps through, its "ALL KILL",
>> > and then they are dead in a hail of 20 arrows.
>> >
>> > Totally lame, but works almost every time.
>>
>> Know this from experience do we? :)
>>

>Hell no. I would never do something lame like this.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHAHAHHAHA

I see you have stepped up in the world though from INC to J-D

Kiril Threndor
Bring back "a scroll" biatch!

Alexander Mars

Feb 15, 2002, 4:53:47 PM2/15/02
>From: "Mercillus" merc...@uomail.com
>Date: 2/15/02 1:40 PM Pacific Standard Time

It's just another version of spawn point or zone line camping in other games.
Munchkins will flock to kill spots like these.

Anyone in factions that uses a moongate is a moron and deserves to die. That
is what gate and moonstones are for.

-Well, God was my co-pilot....but we crashed into a mountain and I had to eat
Him.

www.atar.com/alexmars (yet another useless web site)

Gray

Feb 15, 2002, 7:43:29 PM2/15/02
Mercillus" <merc...@uomail.com> wrote in message

> I am merely very angry at having now seen 3 people in Shadowlords do it,
and
> seeing many people die to it.

Apparently it doesn't always work. Just seen a ghost come running into
Moonglow town (Tramm side) with 10 hired rangers following close behind him.
After he was rezzed at the healers (the players were too busy laughing at
him to help) he was begging for heal regs. Shame his ranger army couldn't
help him. ;-)

Gray

--

"Astronomers say the universe is finite, which is a comforting thought
for those people who can't remember where they leave things."

Mercillus

Feb 15, 2002, 9:44:20 PM2/15/02

"Kiril Threndor" <kiril...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

And this is funny because?

Also may I ask what guild are you in, now that OGD is dissolved.

--
Mercillus

ICQ: 78623010

Mercillus

Feb 15, 2002, 9:57:32 PM2/15/02

"Alexander Mars" <alex...@aol.comspamnerf> wrote in message

Which is why I very rarely use the moongates now due to groups of
wanker-campers with FS precasted etc...

I was just commenting on the lameness of this "hire 20 rangers, all kill"
tactic

--
Mercillus

ICQ: 78623010

gil

Feb 15, 2002, 10:27:03 PM2/15/02

This from the guy who bragged on BV about using the guard zone to kill
folks?
http://www.battlevortex.com/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=WAR&Number=27030&page=4&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=

And before you try to justify your lameness, you yourself said about it
"I know its a bit cowardly to go running off into the GZ" in that very
post. So if you weren't lame, then why did you call your actions a bit
cowardly?

That's the thread where you later mention that your leet pvp skills
don't allow you to recognize a no fighting skills crafter when you're
fighting them.

And then there's your past membership in one of the biggest twink/lamer
guilds on SP...

gil

Busbilini

Feb 16, 2002, 12:02:04 AM2/16/02

"Mercillus" <merc...@uomail.com> wrote in message

Christ, at least you can find opposing faction members, on Napa I've seen
one other faction guy, and he was of the same faction.

Geoff Jones

Feb 16, 2002, 2:28:58 AM2/16/02
lol, I like it... excellent tactic!

Trillan

Feb 16, 2002, 4:57:11 AM2/16/02
"Mercillus" <merc...@uomail.com> wrote in message
> Involves hiring like 20 NPC archers, and hanging around the moongates.
>
> Whenever someone in an enemy factions steps through, its "ALL KILL", and
> then they are dead in a hail of 20 arrows.
>
> Totally lame, but works almost every time.

That does sound pretty lame, but I fear the 'fix' will be even worse. Raise
your hand if you remember the fix to using NPC mages raising resist in guard
zones...

Kiril Threndor

Feb 16, 2002, 5:58:49 AM2/16/02
On Sat, 16 Feb 2002 02:44:20 -0000, "Mercillus" <merc...@uomail.com>
wrote:

>And this is funny because?

It is funny, you saying that you wouldn't do anything lame

>Also may I ask what guild are you in, now that OGD is dissolved.

I'm not in any guild right now, partly because I was still in
shadowlords through OGD joining while I didn't play and Gonzo using my
account which signed me up but also because I haven't been out of my
house yet and I haven't really looked for one or felt the urge to join
one.

OGD is still out there they just aren't playing UO, they must be out
there somewhere as you stole the graphics off our site to pass off as
your own.

Rick Cortese

Feb 16, 2002, 12:28:50 PM2/16/02

"Mercillus" <merc...@uomail.com> wrote in message

> "Myrex" <My...@myrex.co.uk> wrote in message
<snip>

> > Know this from experience do we? :)
> >

> Hell no. I would never do something lame like this.

It wasn't specified, just implied direct experience, so dying to the tactic
would have filled the requirement.

I think OSI has to bring back spam crashing and stat hacking. What passes
for the PvP element outside of SP would love it: Their kind of fight.

Alexander Mars

Feb 16, 2002, 5:29:02 PM2/16/02
>From: "Busbilini" agen...@usa.net
>Date: 2/15/02 9:02 PM Pacific Standard Time

From comments I've heard, and from what I've seen on Sonoma, the west coast
servers are almost deserted.

Jeff Brady

Feb 17, 2002, 4:09:06 PM2/17/02
Ya, kinda lame, but just picturing it made me laugh. I
imagined myself popping out of a moongate, and a slew
of arrows coming at me from all around. Heh.

Baph

Mercillus

Feb 18, 2002, 11:06:35 AM2/18/02

"Jeff Brady" <jeff...@adelphia.net> wrote in message

> Ya, kinda lame, but just picturing it made me laugh. I
> imagined myself popping out of a moongate, and a slew
> of arrows coming at me from all around. Heh.

Goto Europa shard, and join factions.

Then go round the moongates between 6pm and midnight GMT.

You wont have to "imagine" anything, it will happen to you for real :)

--
"GIVE US A EUROPEAN SIEGE RULESET SHARD"

Mercillus

ICQ: 78623010