WARNING: House Loot.

Damocles

Feb 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/14/99
On Mon, 15 Feb 1999 03:15:04 +1030, "Dopester"
<dope...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

>Hail
>
>According to a popular Bug site there may be a new house loot exploit out.
>Apparantly it doesnt work on Tower, Castles, or Keeps, but all other types
>of building are now unsafe. I have forwarded a copy of the bug to people in
>OSI.
>So people remove important goods and items from your houses.
>

>Thanks

The details of this involve use of the Nightmare critter from T2A.
Players don't actually enter the house, but for unknown reasons a
Nightmare can get inside using the right method. They can be commanded
to fetch items which are visible to the player through use of a third
party program.

What I'm not clear on is if the Nightmare will fetch locked down items
or only ones lying loose.

Easy solution for this one is to disable the ability to tame
Nightmares until they work out the kinks with this creature.

Lars Friedrich

Feb 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/14/99

Damocles wrote:
>The details of this involve use of the Nightmare critter from T2A.
>Players don't actually enter the house, but for unknown reasons a
>Nightmare can get inside using the right method. They can be commanded
>to fetch items which are visible to the player through use of a third
>party program.
>What I'm not clear on is if the Nightmare will fetch locked down items
>or only ones lying loose.
you can fetch everything with it if its in combat mode..
just attack it and tell it then to fetch..

Damocles

Feb 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/14/99
On 14 Feb 1999 15:07:04 -0600, "Lars Friedrich"
<lars.fr...@privat.kkf.net> wrote:

Shit, you mean it does pick up locked down items? That means my house
is not secure after all. Argh, I hate house looting bugs...

Lars Friedrich

Feb 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/14/99

Damocles wrote:
[...]

>>>What I'm not clear on is if the Nightmare will fetch locked down items
>>>or only ones lying loose.
>>you can fetch everything with it if its in combat mode..
>>just attack it and tell it then to fetch..
>Shit, you mean it does pick up locked down items? That means my house
>is not secure after all. Argh, I hate house looting bugs...
secure chest is still secure..
anyway
i converted my private house now into a public building..
no more key duplicating for the mules, no more fear to get the house
looted...

Dopester

Feb 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/15/99
Hail

According to a popular Bug site there may be a new house loot exploit out.
Apparantly it doesnt work on Tower, Castles, or Keeps, but all other types
of building are now unsafe. I have forwarded a copy of the bug to people in
OSI.
So people remove important goods and items from your houses.

Thanks

Dopester, Grandmaster Warrior.
Rocky, Grandmaster Blacksmith.
Killesha, Grandmistress Archer / Fencer.
Brimstone, Grandmaster Alchemist.
Sonoma.
ICQ 732119 - No Reason, No Authorise
Hompage: www.ozemail.com.au/~dopester/index.html
Vendors: www.ozemail.com.au/~dopester/vendors.html
"I am not a mule, I am a human being!!"

Dopester

Feb 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/15/99
To protect yourself, LOCK DOWN a chest in front of the door way.

Manta

Feb 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/15/99
This bug is real. They looted all of vesper beach area, sonoma . We caught
one later because he stashed stuff in the fishers tent . Name: TESSIDOR
GOLREIA. He recalled out unfortunately. What i want to know how the F#4!K
they get things OUT of locked down chests. Stuff on the floor can get
"fetched" sure but inside chests? Stuff in secure chest was ok.
What sort of horse knows how to open and close chests for christs sake??
Btw you CAN lock down chests in front of doors as long as you OPEN the
door(s).