Discounts

Jan Gustavsson

Nov 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/30/99
If you join a NPC guild, for example the mage guild, you are supposed to
get a discount.
But I have never seen that I have got a lower price when buying or
higher when selling to them.
Has the discount ever worked ?

Cozy

Eric A. Hall

Nov 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/30/99

> Has the discount ever worked ?

No. Joining an NPC guild is a waste of 500gp.

Chris Harris

Nov 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/30/99
I can't speak to magery... but I can to rangers... I just did it on a whim,
and wanting to see what discount I would get... it's selective... feathers,
shafts are still the same price... bows, crossbows, and heavy's are about
20% less... packhorses... same price... riding horses... about 20% less...
it is a waste of 500gp for sure... they prbly still stick you for the same
price on reagents... but something prbly dropped... maybe magic hats? :)

Jan Gustavsson wrote:

> If you join a NPC guild, for example the mage guild, you are supposed to
> get a discount.
> But I have never seen that I have got a lower price when buying or
> higher when selling to them.

> Has the discount ever worked ?
>

> Cozy

Xigam

Dec 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/1/99
On Tue, 30 Nov 1999 19:22:47 -0500, Chris Harris <chr...@bright.net>
wrote:

If you get a 20% discount on riding horses then that is probably the
only NPC guild worth joining.. now how do I quit the mages guild?

- Xigam

Jan Gustavsson

Dec 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/2/99
Xigam wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Nov 1999 19:22:47 -0500, Chris Harris <chr...@bright.net>
> wrote:
>
> If you get a 20% discount on riding horses then that is probably the
> only NPC guild worth joining.. now how do I quit the mages guild?
>
> - Xigam

I think you just join a new guild. Then you will leave the old one at
the same time.

Cozy

Mat

Dec 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/2/99
"Jan Gustavsson" <jan...@lin.foa.se> wrote in message

> I think you just join a new guild. Then you will leave the old one at
> the same time.

You have to resign, let me see now.. how was it you resigned...

*looks it up at http://uo.stratics.com*

"I resign from my guild" uttered to your current guildmaster will
release you from the guild.

PS. Exact URL is http://uo.stratics.com/command.htm

--
Mat

Mat

Dec 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/2/99
"Mat" <mat.n...@hereeither.tackman.net> wrote in message

> You have to resign, let me see now.. how was it you resigned...

Oops, you _can_ resign, you don't have to it seems.

> "I resign from my guild" uttered to your current guildmaster will
> release you from the guild.

Ok, it's a bit obscurely documented under "guildstone" so it's logical
not to try it, but it worked last time i checked.

--
Mat

Jan Gustavsson

Dec 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/2/99
Mat wrote:

> "Jan Gustavsson" <jan...@lin.foa.se> wrote in message
>
> > I think you just join a new guild. Then you will leave the old one at
> > the same time.
>
> You have to resign, let me see now.. how was it you resigned...
>
> *looks it up at http://uo.stratics.com*
>
> "I resign from my guild" uttered to your current guildmaster will
> release you from the guild.
>
> PS. Exact URL is http://uo.stratics.com/command.htm
>
> --
> Mat
I thing he/she wanted to join a new NPC guild.
You don't resign then. =)
If you do resign, you will resign from an player owned guild.

Cozy

Mat

Dec 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/2/99

> I thing he/she wanted to join a new NPC guild.
> You don't resign then. =)
> If you do resign, you will resign from an player owned guild.

Yep, if you do it at the guildstone in question. I did this with an NPC
guild back when I started playing, I joined the warrior's guild ;)

I think this worked for the NPC guild too then. Or then it was the
command "<npcnamehere> resign"

Memory fails me.. i'm getting too old =)

--
Mat

Opium

Dec 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/2/99
> > I think you just join a new guild. Then you will leave the old one at
> > the same time.
>
> You have to resign, let me see now.. how was it you resigned...

For NPC guilds just join a new one...

> "I resign from my guild" uttered to your current guildmaster will
> release you from the guild.

This will drop you from your current PC guild, and it works always
everywhere, no need to see a guildmaster or stone or whatever.

Mat

Dec 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/3/99
"Opium" <w...@cares.com> wrote in message

> For NPC guilds just join a new one...

Okidoki =)

> This will drop you from your current PC guild, and it works always
> everywhere, no need to see a guildmaster or stone or whatever.

Weird, in that case even the OSI documentation is false, it states you
have to be within earshot from your guildstone. Well, good that this
came out before i tried to quit my current guild ;)

--
Mat

Opium

Dec 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/4/99
> > This will drop you from your current PC guild, and it works always
> > everywhere, no need to see a guildmaster or stone or whatever.
>
> Weird, in that case even the OSI documentation is false, it states you
> have to be within earshot from your guildstone. Well, good that this
> came out before i tried to quit my current guild ;)

There was the guildmaster who was asked how to resign from the
guild, and he answered "just say i resign from my guild"... DOH