What a Pansy Newsgroup

rl...@locutus.ucr.edu

Apr 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/6/00

LOL

I started reading this group and made it through about 10 posts when I said,

"What a bunch of whining pansees these people are..."

Is there a non-pansy UO newsgroup I can read? If so, please tell me what it
is...

I hope you all have fun hiding your pansee asses in Trammel while you say
things like, "Verily I thank thee". Hope you don't bore yourselves to death
trying to find macroers and report them so that your little pansyasses can
feel better.

I'm thinking... What are you all gunna do when monster AI comes out? Your
pansee asses have been hiding behind stalagmites and rocks while your trapped
foe falls helpless to the attack of your Energy Vortex. Now that monsters will
have a clue, you'll all probably quit UO because you won't be able to maintain
your facade of Glorious Lord anymore... Poor pansees...

Maybe you won't have to worry about monsters in the new land though because you
will all be too busy paging Gm's about someone that said, "I am a negro", or
that called you a whore... maybe you'll tie up the GM's with whines about
how you can't kill monsters like a pansee anymore... That might save you from
having to fight monsters with more intelligence than you....

Hey... I left the normal shards long ago to get away from you silly whining
pansees... It must be a sad life having to live like a sissy whining pansee...
If you want to break free from it, and stop being such a little sissy pansee,
try coming to the Seige Perilous shard.... There you can learn to play the
game it was meant to be played...

Believe me that pansy whiniers like yourselves won't last long there unless you
quit your pathetic whining about everything, and actually start playing the
game. In the meantime, have fun calling GM's because someone locked down a
lantern on their porch.. Make sure you don't get carpal-tunnel from clicking
the help buttom on your paperdolls too much you pansee whiners!!

--Zugjak of Shadowclan (SP)

Erica Strafford

Apr 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/6/00
Hmm, sounds like someone is upset that his free easy kills are gone. Oh
well, definitely isn't the first and CERTAINLY won't be the last.

Erica

Otara

Apr 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/6/00
I think you need to seriously work on your insult vocabulary.

Otara

gen...@rpi.edu

Apr 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/6/00
Erica Strafford <chc...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
: Hmm, sounds like someone is upset that his free easy kills are gone. Oh

: well, definitely isn't the first and CERTAINLY won't be the last.

Hey dumbass, get a clue. He plays on SP - they aren't getting new lands.

Sorry that your stereotypes are wrong :(

--
Jeff Gentry jes...@rpi.edu gen...@rpi.edu
"You're one of those condescending UNIX users! ...."

Xigam

Apr 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/6/00
On 6 Apr 2000 20:37:52 GMT, rl...@locutus.ucr.edu () wrote:

>LOL
>
>I started reading this group and made it through about 10 posts when I said,
>
>"What a bunch of whining pansees these people are..."

ROFL

- Xigam

Otara

Apr 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/6/00
On Thu, 06 Apr 2000 22:07:02 GMT, gen...@rpi.edu wrote:
>Erica Strafford <chc...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>: Hmm, sounds like someone is upset that his free easy kills are gone. Oh
>: well, definitely isn't the first and CERTAINLY won't be the last.
>
>Hey dumbass, get a clue. He plays on SP - they aren't getting new lands.
>
>Sorry that your stereotypes are wrong :(

Well all sterotypers are wrong, but you dont really know for a fact
that its wrong in this case. Its not as if PK's havent been known to
leave out the fact that they are or were PKers after all.

And if thats a typical member of Shadowclan, I'm rather disappointed.

Otara

Xigam

Apr 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/6/00
On Thu, 06 Apr 2000 22:21:54 GMT, Otara <sp...@spammity.com.au> wrote:

>And if thats a typical member of Shadowclan, I'm rather disappointed.
> Otara

Ya, isn't that the orc guys you used as an example of consensual pvp?

- Xigam

Eric A. Hall

Apr 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/6/00

>I started reading this group and made it through about 10 posts when I
>said,
>
>"What a bunch of whining pansees these people are..."

I started reading this post, and about halfway through I said,

"What morons they have at the University of California. They can't even
spell 'pansies' right. LOL. They're not even intelligent enough to cast
insult properly."

Erica Strafford

Apr 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/6/00
For your information, I don't read completely through flames. Most of them
just repeat themselves anyway. Yanno the old things "newbie this" and
"newbie that". So obviously, I don't look at signatures on flames either.

Erica
--
gen...@rpi.edu wrote in message ...

>Erica Strafford <chc...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>: Hmm, sounds like someone is upset that his free easy kills are gone. Oh
>: well, definitely isn't the first and CERTAINLY won't be the last.
>
>Hey dumbass, get a clue. He plays on SP - they aren't getting new lands.
>
>Sorry that your stereotypes are wrong :(

Erica Strafford

Apr 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/6/00
Uh oh, don't be giving OSI new "spell" ideas here. Hehe J/k. Hell, they let
people get away with it, so why not just implement it as part of the game?

Erica

Juha-Matti Pirkola

Apr 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/6/00
Eric A. Hall wrote:
>>I started reading this group and made it through about 10 posts when I
>>said,
>>
>>"What a bunch of whining pansees these people are..."
>
>I started reading this post, and about halfway through I said,
>
>"What morons they have at the University of California. They can't even
>spell 'pansies' right. LOL. They're not even intelligent enough to cast
>insult properly."

Maybe he ment banshees?:) His insult vocabulary does seem to need a bit
more versatility.
How about whimpering squeakers? lamenting numskulls? N3wBz? ...

--

-Manakim Lamer-
-Europa -

The_Vipah

Apr 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/6/00
While I agree that many people in this group do more whining about UO then
anything to help the game....I would like to see more then one insult
repeated 1000 times in such a short rant. The game "waS" being played the
way it was meant to be played..however certain lamers..(not pks) but juts
the people who don't even try to RP...who abuse bugs left and right...and
believe that 7x GM is the point of the game..have ruined it for us all...now
the insecure people who...."complain" have gotten their way. Lets just
leave it at that..lest OSI listen to them some more, and further ruin the
game.

rl...@locutus.ucr.edu wrote in message <8cisj0$atb$1...@pravda.ucr.edu>...

>LOL
>

>I started reading this group and made it through about 10 posts when I
said,

>"What a bunch of whining pansees these people are..."

Datt

Apr 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/6/00

In article <20000406220514...@ng-md1.aol.com> Alex Mars wrote:

>OK, I hadn't realised that Shadowclan had degraded to allowing idiots like
> this
>in their guild.
>
>From the number of repetitions I'd have to day this is from a sub-adolescent
>that just learned the word "pansy" and hasn't yet learned to spell it
>correctly.
>
>Can some of our SP regulars go kill this stupid child a few times?

Why bother? his own lack of vision will do it for him.

Maachanto no Remon

Apr 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/7/00
On Thu, 06 Apr 2000 22:07:02 GMT, gen...@rpi.edu simply wrote:

>Erica Strafford <chc...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>: Hmm, sounds like someone is upset that his free easy kills are gone. Oh
>: well, definitely isn't the first and CERTAINLY won't be the last.
>
>Hey dumbass, get a clue. He plays on SP - they aren't getting new lands.
>
>Sorry that your stereotypes are wrong :(

Psst: His stereotypes were wrong, as well.

-Katie

Ted Kaiser

Apr 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/7/00
> Now the insecure people who...."complain" have gotten their way. Lets

just
> leave it at that..lest OSI listen to them some more, and further ruin the
> game.

hahahaha! Its buisness, bub. If they can increase their subscribership by
10,000 and only lose 100 in the process, who wins? :O

Ted Kaiser

Apr 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/7/00
<rl...@locutus.ucr.edu> wrote in message news:8cisj0$atb$1...@pravda.ucr.edu...

> LOL
>
> I started reading this group and made it through about 10 posts when I
said,

> "What a bunch of whining pansees these people are..."

heheheh.....read the Seige Perilous WAR board on Battle Vortex. Talk about
whiners! Sheesh!

However, when UO:R actually is released, would it be a good idea to actually
have a subgroup for Felucia and Trammel? That way the lamers of each group
can rub elbows with their kind. :O

The_Vipah

Apr 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/7/00
The "complainers" as I said.

:)

Alex Mars

Apr 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/7/00
OK, I hadn't realised that Shadowclan had degraded to allowing idiots like this
in their guild.

From the number of repetitions I'd have to day this is from a sub-adolescent
that just learned the word "pansy" and hasn't yet learned to spell it
correctly.

Can some of our SP regulars go kill this stupid child a few times?

>From: rl...@locutus.ucr.edu ()
>Date: 4/6/00 1:37 PM Pacific Daylight Time
>

>LOL
>
>I started reading this group and made it through about 10 posts when I said,
>
>"What a bunch of whining pansees these people are..."

-Agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

Carol Ou

Apr 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/7/00
Alex Mars (alex...@aol.comspamnerf) wrote:
: OK, I hadn't realised that Shadowclan had degraded to allowing idiots like
: this in their guild.

: From the number of repetitions I'd have to day this is from a sub-adolescent
: that just learned the word "pansy" and hasn't yet learned to spell it
: correctly.

: Can some of our SP regulars go kill this stupid child a few times?

Actually, as of just now on the uo.com guild pages, there doesn't even
exist a Zugjak in SP's version of Shadowclan. Otherwise, sending SC a
polite note would be the way to go, since, AFAIK, they frown very much
on this sort of display and do a decent job at self-regulating. And
since this child appears to derive a great deal of his in-game status
from his apparent shard and guild affiliation...

*shrugs*

Ria di Sonom (SP)
Perilous Adventurers Guild

Geoff Jones

Apr 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/7/00
is dat you, da dEwD dat owns del?

Geoff Jones

Apr 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/7/00
I would like to try SP but cant due to the lag (another lagged aussie)

Takes me about 5 minutes to walk from the Brit bank to the smiths on any
other shard but Oceania (and I usualy lose connection before I get there
;) )

So what is SP really like anyway?

Carol Ou <o...@mail2.sas.upenn.edu> wrote in message

Maachanto no Remon

Apr 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/7/00
On Fri, 07 Apr 2000 01:41:22 GMT, "The_Vipah" <oho...@cnx.net> simply
wrote:

>The "complainers" as I said.
>
>:)

Come now.. I'd say it's more than fair to assert that both sides of
the consentual PvP fence have been complaining equal amounts.

-Katie

Geoff Jones

Apr 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/7/00
Obviously not, if the complainers got what they want?

Maachanto no Remon <pa...@SPAMnewmailBOTS.netSUCK> wrote in message

Maachanto no Remon

Apr 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/7/00
On Fri, 07 Apr 2000 05:06:04 GMT, "Geoff Jones"
<gjo...@NOSPAMdynamite.com.au> simply wrote:

>Obviously not, if the complainers got what they want?

Um.. There've been people complaining about the first reputation patch
since its inclusion. There have been complaints from both sides
throughout UO's history. Which side 'wins' the debate isn't relevant
-- OSI is making the decisions with future customers, the people who
don't even play yet, in mind.

-Katie

Geoff Jones

Apr 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/7/00
i stand corrected

Maachanto no Remon <pa...@SPAMnewmailBOTS.netSUCK> wrote in message

Ted Kaiser

Apr 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/7/00
Yup...and the answer to "who wins?": OSI

"Geoff Jones" <gjo...@NOSPAMdynamite.com.au> wrote in message

Duane Gundrum

Apr 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/7/00

<rl...@locutus.ucr.edu> wrote in message news:8cisj0$atb$1...@pravda.ucr.edu...

> try coming to the Seige Perilous shard.... There you can learn to play
the
> game it was meant to be played...

That's just too funny.

Duane
du...@penguinlogic.com

Duane Gundrum

Apr 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/7/00

<gen...@rpi.edu> wrote in message

> Erica Strafford <chc...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> : Hmm, sounds like someone is upset that his free easy kills are gone. Oh
> : well, definitely isn't the first and CERTAINLY won't be the last.
>
> Hey dumbass, get a clue. He plays on SP - they aren't getting new lands.
>
> Sorry that your stereotypes are wrong :(

If he only plays on SP, he's sure making a big stink about something that
doesn't affect him in any way, shape or form.

Duane
du...@penguinlogic.com

Guig

Apr 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/7/00
yeah yeah yeah, pishtalk pishtalk pishtalk.

Yet another arsehole rises from the depths of moronland.

--
Guig

There is no black race, white race, or yellow race .... only the human race.

<rl...@locutus.ucr.edu> wrote in message news:8cisj0$atb$1...@pravda.ucr.edu...

> try coming to the Seige Perilous shard.... There you can learn to play
the
> game it was meant to be played...

Ygorl

Apr 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/7/00
Carol Ou wrote:

> Actually, as of just now on the uo.com guild pages, there doesn't even
> exist a Zugjak in SP's version of Shadowclan.

Ya, I don't recall seeing Zugjak at any of
our recent battles with the SC. Then again,
all of them orcies do tend to look the same
to me...

Mocker, DTM

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Ygorl

Apr 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/7/00
Otara wrote:

> And if thats a typical member of Shadowclan, I'm rather disappointed.

He's not at all typical. I lead nightly raids
on the Shadowclan orcies of SP, they're
actually one of the finest roleplaying
groups I've ever encountered in UO, and
they usually treat people with courtesy and
respect.

Ygorl

Apr 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/7/00
Erica Strafford wrote:
> For your information, I don't read completely through flames.

Why bother responding to something that
you haven't even read? If you're
determined to waste time flaming people,
you might as well get your damn facts
straight first. Sheesh.

Little WhiteDove

Apr 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/7/00
In article <bu2qes0e3rhbhfniq...@4ax.com>, Otara
<sp...@spammity.com.au> wrote:

|And if thats a typical member of Shadowclan, I'm rather disappointed.
|

|Otara

Maybe he's just a novice at orcish RP? Or perhaps he had a lousy
translator helping him hehehehe

-Little WhiteDove
Badb Catha, Lia Fail Empire
Atlantic

Attentive Dragon

Apr 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/7/00

rl...@locutus.ucr.edu wrote in message <8cisj0$atb$1...@pravda.ucr.edu>...

>LOL
>
>I started reading this group and made it through about 10 posts when I
said,

>"What a bunch of whining pansees these people are..."

Verily, I thank thee!

Dexeron

gen...@rpi.edu

gen...@rpi.edu

Apr 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/7/00
Erica Strafford <chc...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
: For your information, I don't read completely through flames. Most of them
: just repeat themselves anyway. Yanno the old things "newbie this" and
: "newbie that". So obviously, I don't look at signatures on flames either.

For your information, if you're going to respond to a post, maybe you
should read the whole thing. Only makes you look like an idiot.

gen...@rpi.edu

Apr 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/7/00
Maachanto no Remon <pa...@spamnewmailbots.netsuck> wrote:
: Psst: His stereotypes were wrong, as well.

Psst: Was I defending him?

gen...@rpi.edu

Apr 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/7/00
Duane Gundrum <dgun...@email.msn.com> wrote:
: If he only plays on SP, he's sure making a big stink about something that

: doesn't affect him in any way, shape or form.

Well, take me. I don't even play any more, and I have an opinion on the
new lands and those who will frequent them :)

Reg LeCrisp

Apr 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/7/00
Wow! Up until now I'd thought the Shadowclan orcs were pretty cool.
I guess they have their share of assholes too. Oh well. :)

On 6 Apr 2000 20:37:52 GMT, rl...@locutus.ucr.edu () wrote:

>LOL
>
>I started reading this group and made it through about 10 posts when I said,
>
>"What a bunch of whining pansees these people are..."

Reg LeCrisp

Apr 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/7/00
On Fri, 7 Apr 2000 02:29:25 -0400, "Duane Gundrum"
<dgun...@email.msn.com> wrote:

><gen...@rpi.edu> wrote in message
>> Erica Strafford <chc...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>> : Hmm, sounds like someone is upset that his free easy kills are gone. Oh
>> : well, definitely isn't the first and CERTAINLY won't be the last.
>>
>> Hey dumbass, get a clue. He plays on SP - they aren't getting new lands.
>>
>> Sorry that your stereotypes are wrong :(
>>

>If he only plays on SP, he's sure making a big stink about something that
>doesn't affect him in any way, shape or form.
>

>Duane
>du...@penguinlogic.com

I think he's just terribly, terribly lonely because only 2 other
people play there. This was his way of inviting everyone over.

Gosh I'm ever so tempted.

Reg LeCrisp

Apr 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/7/00
On Thu, 06 Apr 2000 22:16:45 GMT, Otara <sp...@spammity.com.au> wrote:

>I think you need to seriously work on your insult vocabulary.
>
>Otara

Ya, varying the spelling of "pansy" just doesn't cut it.

Corwin of Amber (WE/LS)

Apr 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/7/00
Zugjak,

>Hey... I left the normal shards long ago to get away from you silly whining
>pansees... It must be a sad life having to live like a sissy whining pansee...
>If you want to break free from it, and stop being such a little sissy pansee,
>try coming to the Seige Perilous shard....

SP has some of the biggest whinners and complainers I've seen. Go
checkout the BattleVortex SP boards ;P Albeit the SC doesn't whine.
But why should they? They get gifts from the designers and GMs all the
time.

>There you can learn to play the
>game it was meant to be played...

SP is a broken, nearly empty shard if you ever noticed, and OSI
doesn't care. Running around like a newbie with an orc helm on,
yelling "die hummie!" ? No thank you.

Corwin

Carol Ou

Apr 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/7/00
Geoff Jones (gjo...@NOSPAMdynamite.com.au) wrote:
: I would like to try SP but cant due to the lag (another lagged aussie)

: Takes me about 5 minutes to walk from the Brit bank to the smiths on any
: other shard but Oceania (and I usualy lose connection before I get there
: ;) )

: So what is SP really like anyway?

It's more fun than I've had anywhere else. It's got a strong sense of
community. I rarely see a guild tag that I don't recognize and have
information on. It's almost like a private shard in that regard I
guess. It's tougher, but I like that. So I'm either a masochist or
enjoy the fact that my gains _mean_ more to me, since they're
harder-won. Oddly, I actually have more gold in my bank box on Siege
Perilous than I've ever had on Sonoma. :)

It's also the only shard on which factions might actually work. There's
the PvP aspect of course, which not everyone enjoys. But it's more
palatable for me on SP because it tends to be more group-oriented and a
bit more consensual. At least, lately.

Otara

Apr 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/7/00
On Fri, 07 Apr 2000 16:08:22 GMT, Ygorl <yg...@mojo.calyx.net> wrote:
> He's not at all typical. I lead nightly raids
>on the Shadowclan orcies of SP, they're
>actually one of the finest roleplaying
>groups I've ever encountered in UO, and
>they usually treat people with courtesy and
>respect.

Phew - thats what I'd heard, but this guy was making me wonder if ther
ehad been a little, um, deterioration.

Otara

Lars Friedrich

Apr 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/7/00
Thank you for your contribution. You are now a member of this newsgroup.

Mephistus

Apr 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/8/00
Gee, thanks for that Zugjak....
Your opinion has been noted and consigned to the "who cares?" basket..

Enjoy your pansy-free life...

- Kagato, Oceania.

Damocles

Apr 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/8/00
On Fri, 07 Apr 2000 19:22:34 GMT, cor...@wind.atlantic.com (Corwin of
Amber (WE/LS)) wrote:

>SP is a broken, nearly empty shard if you ever noticed, and OSI
>doesn't care. Running around like a newbie with an orc helm on,
>yelling "die hummie!" ? No thank you.
>
>Corwin

It was a silly idea to begin with. All they needed to do was create a
shard with no stat loss and no NPC purchasing of items. But they had
to add the no recall thing and the terrible skill system, both of
which made the shard extremely unattractive to most players.

Before you say it, SP people, I'm sure having no recall made life so
much better there but it also kept one helluva lot of people from
playing the server.

Ted Kaiser

Apr 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/8/00
> Before you say it, SP people, I'm sure having no recall made life so
> much better there but it also kept one helluva lot of people from
> playing the server.

Actually, I think having NPCs not buying items is a bigger factor. Not to
mention the on character per account. With the gravey train limited, people
would have to go through more work on SP to develop a character, or at least
rely on other folks.

Carol Ou

Apr 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/8/00
Ted Kaiser (tka...@gte.net) wrote:
: > Before you say it, SP people, I'm sure having no recall made life so

Hmm.. I was actually going to cite the skill system first as the most
likely culprit. But yeah, the no-npc buying, 3x npc prices and only one
character slot are definitely key as well. I'd personally rank no-recall
after all of the above as to why more people don't play SP.

Ygorl

Apr 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/8/00
phae...@yahoo.com wrote:

>Before you say it, SP people, I'm sure having no recall made life so
>much better there but it also kept one helluva lot of people from
>playing the server.

Good riddance.

Mocker, DTM

Damocles

Apr 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/8/00

A short sighted view, since without players Siege gets little
attention from OSI and is the most likely to be shut down for
something better. I've read lots of player calls for Siege to taken
down and replaced lately, actually...most say it's a dead server.

Damocles

Apr 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/8/00
On 8 Apr 2000 15:48:08 GMT, o...@mail2.sas.upenn.edu (Carol Ou) wrote:

>Ted Kaiser (tka...@gte.net) wrote:
>: > Before you say it, SP people, I'm sure having no recall made life so
>: > much better there but it also kept one helluva lot of people from
>: > playing the server.
>

>: Actually, I think having NPCs not buying items is a bigger factor. Not to
>: mention the on character per account. With the gravey train limited, people
>: would have to go through more work on SP to develop a character, or at least
>: rely on other folks.
>
>Hmm.. I was actually going to cite the skill system first as the most
>likely culprit. But yeah, the no-npc buying, 3x npc prices and only one
>character slot are definitely key as well. I'd personally rank no-recall
>after all of the above as to why more people don't play SP.

The skill system was the biggest reason I never got into it, but the
no recall aspect keeps a lot of other players out that I know.

Richard Cortese

Apr 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/8/00
Damocles <phae...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
The no recall is too broadly applied IMO. There are things that are good
about it, for one going to level 3-4 of a dungeon is actually quite and
adventure. I am not sure how they could restict it, but the damn moongates
really aggravate people. Maybe if they allowed recall from guard zone to
guard zone or something for travel.

But it really comes down to asking yourself "Why would I go there?". There
are a bunch of good people there, but for the most part the same BS that
goes on everywhere else happens on SP too. As different as OSI tried to make
it, it really has a 'same old, same old' feeling to it for me. Exploiters
and kewlios, corpse and kill looters, same song with a different band.

Some people have a really different idea what advanced means. For me,
advanced would mean you don't use cheap exploits like looting everyone
elses' kills. For OSI and the jerk patrol, looting everyone elses' kills =>
advanced game play. Same old, same old.

Ted Kaiser

Apr 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/8/00
> The skill system was the biggest reason I never got into it, but the
> no recall aspect keeps a lot of other players out that I know.

Hmmm...not sure how everyone else views the skills system, but it took me a
shorter time to advance my skills on SP than on a normal shard. I am a VERY
casual player (as compared to the norm), and I am just shy of a 3xGM
character. :O

I have never used recall, but I imagine it could cut down on some of the
trudging. However, with the new spawn rates in place, walking from place to
place can be very lucrative.

Ygorl

Apr 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/8/00
phae...@yahoo.com wrote:

>A short sighted view, since without players Siege gets little
>attention from OSI and is the most likely to be shut down for
>something better. I've read lots of player calls for Siege to taken
>down and replaced lately, actually...most say it's a dead server.

Those people don't know what they're talking about. SP has a
smaller and more tightly-knit community than the normal shards, but
it is far from dead. Newbies don't see as many people in town when
they first log in, but this is largely due to such a major percentage
of the playerbase being red, hence most activity being focused outside
town in land that guilds, player cities, and other groups have claimed
as their own.

Fact is, SP has more large-scale PvP than any other shard. On the
normal shards, PvP guilds often have to waste much of their time hopping
from city to city, dungeon to dungeon, simply looking for a fight. On SP
you can always find a fight so long as you know where to look.

The SP playerbase is also several cuts above what you find on the
normal shards. Not that the twinks and assholes aren't out there,
but they constitute a significantly smaller percentage of the population.
The abundance of reds and the lack of Recall keeps the looter and NPK
population in check, and most SP players adhere to a more respectful
level of interaction. Being in a guild which is known primarily for
its fight-to-the-death attitude, I tend to die a lot, and most of the
time I'm able to return to my corpse afterward, reclaim the bulk of my
equipment, and share a few words with the folks from the other side.
Most of whom are fairly dedicated roleplayers. You don't get that
nearly so often on any other shard.

The overuse of the Recall spell makes PvP (and many other aspects of
the game) far less meaningful on the normal shards. Eliminating it was
one of the single best things the dev team did in establishing SP as
a unique environment. I'd like to see the shard have a somewhat larger
population, but I can't really say that I miss the majority of the folks
running around on the normal shards...

Mocker, DTM

Greywind

Apr 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/8/00

Carol Ou wrote:

> Ted Kaiser (tka...@gte.net) wrote:
> : > Before you say it, SP people, I'm sure having no recall made life so
> : > much better there but it also kept one helluva lot of people from
> : > playing the server.
>
> : Actually, I think having NPCs not buying items is a bigger factor. Not to
> : mention the on character per account. With the gravey train limited, people
> : would have to go through more work on SP to develop a character, or at least
> : rely on other folks.
>
> Hmm.. I was actually going to cite the skill system first as the most
> likely culprit. But yeah, the no-npc buying, 3x npc prices and only one
> character slot are definitely key as well. I'd personally rank no-recall
> after all of the above as to why more people don't play SP.

I really liked the no-recall feature. Initially for me it was
the lag beast that kept me away, I do have a master archer on
SP... I didn't mind the no-selling-to-NPC's feature at all.

The ROT system really sucks for warriors though... .1 every 15 minutes
makes for a really slow skill gain.

Greywind

Apr 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/8/00

From my time on SP, I'd have to say I agree with you for the most
part. I did meet alot of assholes there though as well. I really
liked the NO-recall, but as Richard (I think) pointed out, they
should have fixed the moongates.

I partook of the very buggy hero/evil system, and only a few
times did I ever meet anyone in it who acted more mature than
12.

kh...@icqmail.com

Apr 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/9/00
On 6 Apr 2000 20:37:52 GMT, rl...@locutus.ucr.edu () wrote:

>LOL
>
>I started reading this group and made it through about 10 posts when I said,
>
>"What a bunch of whining pansees these people are..."

(Snip)
>--Zugjak of Shadowclan (SP)

I thought Shadowclan was orcs, not trolls...

Judging from the responses gathered, this guy must be a GM Fisherman.

kh...@icqmail.com

Apr 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/9/00
On Thu, 6 Apr 2000 19:05:55 -0400, "Erica Strafford"
<chc...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>For your information, I don't read completely through flames. Most of them
>just repeat themselves anyway. Yanno the old things "newbie this" and

>"newbie that". So obviously, I don't look at signatures on flames either.

In this case, it was "pansee this" and "sissy that."

Damocles

Apr 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/9/00
On 8 Apr 2000 18:07:56 GMT, yg...@mojo.calyx.net (Ygorl) wrote:

>phae...@yahoo.com wrote:
>>
>>A short sighted view, since without players Siege gets little
>>attention from OSI and is the most likely to be shut down for
>>something better. I've read lots of player calls for Siege to taken
>>down and replaced lately, actually...most say it's a dead server.
>
> Those people don't know what they're talking about. SP has a
>smaller and more tightly-knit community than the normal shards, but
>it is far from dead.

<snip>

You should know it's perception that matters, not reality. Go read the
CoB dev board and Lum's message board, the two places where OSI reps
still hang out. There are many calls for Siege to be wiped, and even
those who don't want it wiped are always complaining about it. I've
read lots of stories about really nasty exploits with the Hero / Evil
system that have gone unfixed, how nothing was done to repair the
damage from the dupe days, etc.

Ygorl

Apr 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/9/00
phae...@yahoo.com wrote:

>You should know it's perception that matters, not reality. Go read the
>CoB dev board and Lum's message board, the two places where OSI reps
>still hang out. There are many calls for Siege to be wiped, and even
>those who don't want it wiped are always complaining about it. I've
>read lots of stories about really nasty exploits with the Hero / Evil
>system that have gone unfixed, how nothing was done to repair the
>damage from the dupe days, etc.

Yes, the dev team favors Siege Perilous with the same level of
cluelessness and inattention that all of the normal shards receive.
How long has blue healing been a problem in guildwar on the
traditional shards? Why would you expect SP's Hero/Evil exploits
to be fixed any faster?

FYI, Lum's and CoB aren't the only forums that the dev team hang
on. Runesabre visits us from time to time on the Battle Vortex SP
boards to poll us on PvP issues. In fact, it looks like the dev team
are finally putting some attention into toning down the ridiculous
speed advantages that horses bestow upon low ping bastards such as
yourself. You've the nonexistant SP playerbase to thank for that one.

Up next: PvP tamers.

Mocker, DTM

Richard Cortese

Apr 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/9/00
Ygorl <yg...@mojo.calyx.net> wrote in message
Try to keep this within guild wars, SP, or initiating an attack. Even
initiating and attack is kind of accademic, if you kill my dragon you kill
my tamer.

Quite frankly, after all the hits I have had to take with losing stats and
skills to pick up animal lore, if I can't even have a pet defend my
character from attacks it would be intolerable.

I don't unattended macro which is now defined as cheating, my tamers dex is
down to 28, I am down 250 skill points to taming, lore, and veterinary. The
prospect of having to spend dozens of hours attended macroing my tamer's dex
up to a usable level does not appeal to me.

Damocles

Apr 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/9/00
On 9 Apr 2000 15:32:40 GMT, yg...@mojo.calyx.net (Ygorl) wrote:

> FYI, Lum's and CoB aren't the only forums that the dev team hang
>on. Runesabre visits us from time to time on the Battle Vortex SP
>boards to poll us on PvP issues. In fact, it looks like the dev team
>are finally putting some attention into toning down the ridiculous
>speed advantages that horses bestow upon low ping bastards such as
>yourself. You've the nonexistant SP playerbase to thank for that one.

Have they indicated how they'll do this? I sincerely hope we're not
all penalized because of some PvP balance issue.

> Up next: PvP tamers.

Taming is easy to fix, they just need strict limits on the number of
pets they can have. No tamer should be able to have more than one
dragon.

kh...@icqmail.com

Apr 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/10/00
On 8 Apr 2000 18:07:56 GMT, yg...@mojo.calyx.net (Ygorl) wrote:

> The overuse of the Recall spell makes PvP (and many other aspects of
>the game) far less meaningful on the normal shards. Eliminating it was
>one of the single best things the dev team did in establishing SP as
>a unique environment. I'd like to see the shard have a somewhat larger
>population, but I can't really say that I miss the majority of the folks
>running around on the normal shards...

If what's been said about SP in this thread is true, I will most
likely join you there when I get over my newbiedom. (Assuming I don't
have 'death lag' type connections there...)

Richard Cortese

Apr 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/10/00
Damocles <phae...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Once again, I still play a fair amount, probably 1-2 hours a day.

I have never seen another player killed by a tamer with a dragon, I have
never seen another tamer with more then two pets in tow. I never use more
then one dragon at a time and I can name you several GM tamers on Baja that
do the same one dragon at a time practice.

You guys kind of sound like the hysterical "There are murderers under every
rock" crowd.

Once again, taming is balanced, I can have a dragon tamer you can have a
dragon tamer. I made that challenge to the newsgroup general population ~get
a tamer up to that dragon taming level and then think if you still think it
needs nerfing and so far there has not been a single reader that has done
it. You have several long time readers/posters of the newsgroup such as Mir,
Dundee, and myself telling you that you have no idea what running a dragon
is about.

When the green flag drops, the bullshit stops. If you don't think it is
worth the time to get a dragon tamer, then you don't deserve a dragon, pure
and simple. I discount everything people have to say against tamers if they
aren't a tamer themselves.

Even if you don't want to be a tamer, you should be able to find at least
one other person in your guild or among your friends that will be willing to
become one if it is so hot. I say your inability to find a single person
that is willing to do it is not my problem.

If this argument carried any weight, OK, I don't have a GM poisoner or
alchemist. I say take poisoning and GCs out of the game. See how silly your
claims are? Just because you can't do something that is available to every
player in the game does not mean everyone else should not be able to do it.

Every other aspect of the game from GM poisoners to GM fishermen to GM
smiths, people will do. Why? Because it is worth it to them. Very few people
have tamers because it already is borderline, it is Darwin kind of thing.

gil

Apr 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/10/00
Richard Cortese wrote:

I'm not really disagreeing with you, but am pointing out that you're
referring to the normal players, not the jerks. For example, check out
this thread on BV's SP War board
http://www.battlevortex.net/ubb/Forum18/HTML/002284.html

The originator of the thread belongs to a group that was attacked with
dragons during PvP, and they didn't like it, so this is one of their

Once again, the jerks take something to an extreme, which causes OSI to
react, and in the end the decent, honest players are the ones hurt most.

gil

Ted Kaiser

Apr 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/10/00
<snip>

I think Ygorl is speaking specifically of the use of taming and it's impact
on PvP. On SP, PvP is the way of life. It is not unheard of to have a
tamer with several dragons in tow to slaughter any enemy that happens to
cross their path. With no recall, it is almost certainly a LOSE proposition
for the target(s).

Damocles

Apr 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/10/00
On Mon, 10 Apr 2000 12:00:44 -0000, "Richard Cortese"
<rico...@netmagic.net> wrote:

>Damocles <phae...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> On 9 Apr 2000 15:32:40 GMT, yg...@mojo.calyx.net (Ygorl) wrote:
>>

>> > FYI, Lum's and CoB aren't the only forums that the dev team hang
>> >on. Runesabre visits us from time to time on the Battle Vortex SP
>> >boards to poll us on PvP issues. In fact, it looks like the dev team
>> >are finally putting some attention into toning down the ridiculous
>> >speed advantages that horses bestow upon low ping bastards such as
>> >yourself. You've the nonexistant SP playerbase to thank for that one.
>>
>> Have they indicated how they'll do this? I sincerely hope we're not
>> all penalized because of some PvP balance issue.
>>

>> > Up next: PvP tamers.
>>
>> Taming is easy to fix, they just need strict limits on the number of
>> pets they can have. No tamer should be able to have more than one
>> dragon.

>Once again, I still play a fair amount, probably 1-2 hours a day.
>
>I have never seen another player killed by a tamer with a dragon, I have
>never seen another tamer with more then two pets in tow. I never use more
>then one dragon at a time and I can name you several GM tamers on Baja that
>do the same one dragon at a time practice.
>
>You guys kind of sound like the hysterical "There are murderers under every
>rock" crowd.

I actually don't care about the PvP aspect ("I ban thee" works on
dragons as well as npks), that's Ygorl's game. I care about the tamers
who hoard the nightmare spawns and tame everything in sight and leave
them blue. It's hard to make a tamer these days due to all the
assholes. Restricting animals allowed to be tamed helps everyone, PvP
and non pvp alike.

Corwin of Amber (WE/LS)

Apr 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/10/00
Ted,

>Actually, I think having NPCs not buying items is a bigger factor. Not to
>mention the on character per account. With the gravey train limited, people
>would have to go through more work on SP to develop a character, or at least
>rely on other folks.

Yeah, I gotta think this was a mistake too. Players need a way to make
cash. Even on old shards it's hard enough to build a newbie who only
has combat skills.

So instead everyone flocks to certain solutions:

1) Escort NPCs;
2) Start with a materialess combat skill ... such as taming;
3) Find a sugar daddy.

Instead they could had done something like limiting players to selling
no more than say 1000gp of stuff to NPCs per day, and then people
could had made money with their skills.

A huge part of the problem is the player economy just doesn't work for
reasons beyond the scope of this response. ;)

Corwin

Corwin of Amber (WE/LS)

Apr 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/10/00
Richard,

>I don't unattended macro which is now defined as cheating, my tamers dex is
>down to 28, I am down 250 skill points to taming, lore, and veterinary. The
>prospect of having to spend dozens of hours attended macroing my tamer's dex
>up to a usable level does not appeal to me.

Take advantage of this while you can ...

You can build any stat quickly by working 2 low level skills against
each other.

Dex Workout Example:

1. Work Lockpicking up to 30.
2. Set Lockpicking down, set Snooping up.
3. Work snooping up to 30.
4. Set Snooping down, set lockpicking up
5. Repeat step 1

Corwin

Richard Cortese

Apr 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/10/00
Ted Kaiser <tka...@gte.net> wrote in message
Doesn't matter. I am in favor of removing bugs like teleporting pets,
releasing dragons or drakes in crowded areas to avoid murder counts, that
kind of thing, but that is where it ends.

Just keep score on how many abuses of tamers we have had in the last month
or two, trench raider comes to mind for one.

The only death due to dragon that has been posted is a thief that was
guarded by drakes, and I would have to check it out but I would imagine the
drakes would go gray and be killable after the first attack against a blue.
I think this was a guild related exploit, a tamer in the guild had his
drakes guard a thief in the guild, and I am infavor of this being removed
from the game.

But the easy solution is to just use game mechanics, all that was necessary
would have been to bring a dragon to counter the drakes. A single dragon
will rip two drakes a new butt hole.

There is a big difference between removing an exploit or an imbalance like a
drake guarded guild thief, and nerfing tamers.

Richard Cortese

Apr 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/10/00
Not all, cut and pasted response from the page.
/*
Glen I love that picture!
I asked Freeze what he thought of all the GC Dragons and he said, "They look
delicious". I then asked him what the biggest threat that GC pets posed to
him and he replied, "Indigestion."

*Freeze Licks his Lips and Prepares for Fresh Dragon Steak*

Sistro Mondain
*/

I will tell you there is a bug with the 'all kill' command, it only works on
one pet no matter how many pets you have. You could have a 1000 dragons and
give an all kill command and only one responds.

That the ignorant GC SOBs, don't know this kind of stuff makes me think it
is a faked screen shot.

So even if the screen shot wasn't faked, IT IS COMPLETELY POINTLESS TO HAVE
THAT MANY DRAGONS! I can't put it any plainer or more emphatic then that,
the dozens of dragons thing DOES NOT WORK!!!! It is a fake, it is a hollow
threat, it isn't real. I fall back to my original comment that this is just
a hysterical response and add: Pobably doctered screen shot.

It is that simple, tame two dogs, give the all kill command on a rabbit, see
how many attack.

I can accept a certain level of ignorance, I can accept a certain level of
disagreement. I draw the line when something is a demonstrable as checking
out the all kill command being broken that can be done in 2 minutes is
ignored so people can say the sky is falling. All guard does work, but
anyone that is guarded has that appearing over their head.

Besides, just drop a poison field on the outer edge of the pack and you will
poison every single one of them + those the tamer gets to follow you. No
stat lost so who cares if you die, 1 pearl, 1 shade, 1 silk, and you poison
20 dragons that have to be cured. Let's see how long the tamer keeps them
out of the stable with people droping poison fields on them. I don't even
use blade spirits, EVs, or poison spells on Dragons anymore because poison
field is so effective. I can't accept responsiblity for people not knowing
what works. I would suggest they stop doing PvP exclusively and get in a few
minutes of PvM to figure out how it is done.
gil <re...@uswest.net> wrote in message news:38F245E5...@uswest.net...

> Richard Cortese wrote:
>
> > Once again, I still play a fair amount, probably 1-2 hours a day.
> >
> > I have never seen another player killed by a tamer with a dragon, I have
> > never seen another tamer with more then two pets in tow. I never use
more
> > then one dragon at a time and I can name you several GM tamers on Baja
that
> > do the same one dragon at a time practice.
> >
> > You guys kind of sound like the hysterical "There are murderers under
every
> > rock" crowd.

Ted Kaiser

Apr 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/11/00
>The only death due to dragon that has been posted is a thief that was
guarded
> by drakes

heh...on SP you get into major combat and there will be a lot of death due
to drakes and dragons. Most of the PvPers that play on SP do not visit this
NG, but hang on BattleVortex. Post your thoughts on taming on the SP War
Board and I bet you will get an ear full. :O

> But the easy solution is to just use game mechanics, all that was
necessary
> would have been to bring a dragon to counter the drakes. A single dragon
> will rip two drakes a new butt hole.

Folks have been getting mule tamer *accounts* specifically for this (an
extra $10 for OSI a month - cha ching!). Not because they want to, but
because it is a necessity. Attempts to mediate the problems of tamers and
impact on PvP have been made between the major guilds on SP, but results
have been mixed.

Ted Kaiser

Apr 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/11/00
> That the ignorant GC SOBs, don't know this kind of stuff makes me think it
> is a faked screen shot.
>
> So even if the screen shot wasn't faked, IT IS COMPLETELY POINTLESS TO
HAVE
> THAT MANY DRAGONS! I can't put it any plainer or more emphatic then that,
> the dozens of dragons thing DOES NOT WORK!!!! It is a fake, it is a hollow
> threat, it isn't real. I fall back to my original comment that this is
just
> a hysterical response and add: Pobably doctered screen shot.

Keep em in a stable. :O When on dies in battle, gate out and get another.
Simple. And as for a doctored screen shot, I am inclined to believe you.
But knowing some folks in UO, I would not say it is an impossibility.

> Besides, just drop a poison field on the outer edge of the pack and you
will
> poison every single one of them + those the tamer gets to follow you. No
> stat lost so who cares if you die, 1 pearl, 1 shade, 1 silk, and you
poison
> 20 dragons that have to be cured. Let's see how long the tamer keeps them
> out of the stable with people droping poison fields on them. I don't even
> use blade spirits, EVs, or poison spells on Dragons anymore because poison
> field is so effective. I can't accept responsiblity for people not knowing
> what works. I would suggest they stop doing PvP exclusively and get in a
few
> minutes of PvM to figure out how it is done.

heh....I am sure the PvP folks are familiar with poison field and it's
effects. With the number of mages and PvP training on either side, field
spells have limited life. As for getting all of em - folks dont show to
battle with a flight of 20. They would show with 2 - 3, maybe 4. Much more
easier to manage. And with gating, it is simple to get some more from the
stable when they do croak.

MdmeDis

Apr 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/11/00
In article <8cisj0$atb$1...@pravda.ucr.edu>, rl...@locutus.ucr.edu says...

> LOL

OOOh - a troll! I love a troll even more than a flamewar...

Someone mince up and spank it....

--
Disoriented Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

Having finally opted for it being the rest of the
world that's screwed, after all.

Richard Cortese

Apr 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/11/00

> >The only death due to dragon that has been posted is a thief that was
> guarded
> > by drakes
>
> heh...on SP you get into major combat and there will be a lot of death due
> to drakes and dragons. Most of the PvPers that play on SP do not visit
this
> NG, but hang on BattleVortex. Post your thoughts on taming on the SP War
> Board and I bet you will get an ear full. :O
As others have noted, SP is only one of ~20 shards and nearly deserted. Of
the people there, at least 1/2 are not into the PvP aspects, I would cite
PAG as a good example.

You really have to do some critical thinking here. You can't just let the
hyperbole and hysteria have an effect on your opinions.

Last I heard, there are something like 150,000 UO accounts. Now I will be
wild assed optimistic and say there are 1,500 PvP players on SP. I know this
is a generous estimate so I don't need people that know better to correct
me, if you think there are less I probably aggree with you.

(1,500/150,000)(100) => 1% of the user base. Of that 1%, the responses were
not all that it is unfair to use dragons so you are talking about a very
vocal group of people that represent less then 1% of the UO user base
lobbying for a change.

Now if the changes are to SP alone, fine.

> > But the easy solution is to just use game mechanics, all that was
> necessary
> > would have been to bring a dragon to counter the drakes. A single dragon
> > will rip two drakes a new butt hole.
> >

> Folks have been getting mule tamer *accounts* specifically for this (an
> extra $10 for OSI a month - cha ching!). Not because they want to, but
> because it is a necessity. Attempts to mediate the problems of tamers and
> impact on PvP have been made between the major guilds on SP, but results
> have been mixed.

I did notice that it was a 'reputed' member of GC that posted the screen
shot.

I should mention that when Yuri announced OGD was allied with GC a lot of
people in the newsgroup told him they were useless cheating scum that were
beneath him to associate with. While the BV posts do not prove this
conclusively, it does strongly support that position.

Corwin of Amber (WE/LS)

Apr 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/11/00
Richard,

>I will tell you there is a bug with the 'all kill' command, it only works on
>one pet no matter how many pets you have. You could have a 1000 dragons and
>give an all kill command and only one responds.

PvP tamers setup names and macros for each of their pets. I believe GC
is developing around 8 tamers. Each tamer could control 3 to 6 pets.

That's up to 48 dragons -or- about how many were on the screen shot,
no?

>That the ignorant GC SOBs, don't know this kind of stuff makes me think it
>is a faked screen shot.

Ummm, do you know the one where you say 'ALL GUARD ME' then attack
someone, and the second they auto-defend ... ALL OF the wyrms leap in
to action?

>So even if the screen shot wasn't faked, IT IS COMPLETELY POINTLESS TO HAVE
>THAT MANY DRAGONS! I can't put it any plainer or more emphatic then that,
>the dozens of dragons thing DOES NOT WORK!!!! It is a fake, it is a hollow
>threat, it isn't real. I fall back to my original comment that this is just
>a hysterical response and add: Pobably doctered screen shot.

I disagree but that many dragons is overkill. But then again that was
their goal. It does take a while to become a good dragon handler, but
I'm sure they can figure it out.

Corwin

Richard Cortese

Apr 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/11/00
Corwin of Amber (WE/LS) <cor...@wind.atlantic.com> wrote in message

> Richard,
>
> >I will tell you there is a bug with the 'all kill' command, it only works
on
> >one pet no matter how many pets you have. You could have a 1000 dragons
and
> >give an all kill command and only one responds.
>
> PvP tamers setup names and macros for each of their pets. I believe GC
> is developing around 8 tamers. Each tamer could control 3 to 6 pets.
Still doesn't worry me, they can only watch one side at a time.

Being perfectly honest here, there is still a bug with dragons. As has
become my custom, I have not notified OSI of it and suprise of suprises, it
hasn't made it to the bug boards! Some of OSI QA/QC people are worst then
the worst GMs.

But that being said, I can prevent every dragon tamer from bringing his
dragons to guard zones unless they want to get guard whacked. If dragon
tamers ever get to be a problem, I will release the bug to counter any
imbalance. I do not trust OSI to balance things properly, and I really don't
use my dragons in town so it wouldn't hurt me or anyone else not using
dragons for guild wars.

> That's up to 48 dragons -or- about how many were on the screen shot,
> no?

Still waiting for Brandy to report back on making dragon tamer, it isn't
easy.

But you can't get more then 3 anything to follow you because of path
finding. All pets have the same range limitation as barding or spells, so
you have to be on the same screen as them. Just stay out of range and string
them out.

> >That the ignorant GC SOBs, don't know this kind of stuff makes me think
it
> >is a faked screen shot.
>
> Ummm, do you know the one where you say 'ALL GUARD ME' then attack
> someone, and the second they auto-defend ... ALL OF the wyrms leap in
> to action?

This should be fixed, definate bug. It isn't consistant, only works under
several circumstances like target attacks tamer or target damages tamer.

That is, current way it works is I will 'all guard me' after coming under
attack/monster moving towards me aggressively, the pet won't take action
until my character loses hit points. Has to do with when/if the attack is
made. If you toggle into war mode while hidden or invisible, double click
the target, the pets won't teleport unless you actually damage the target.
Kind of complicated and bug ridden.

> >So even if the screen shot wasn't faked, IT IS COMPLETELY POINTLESS TO
HAVE
> >THAT MANY DRAGONS! I can't put it any plainer or more emphatic then that,
> >the dozens of dragons thing DOES NOT WORK!!!! It is a fake, it is a
hollow
> >threat, it isn't real. I fall back to my original comment that this is
just
> >a hysterical response and add: Pobably doctered screen shot.
>
> I disagree but that many dragons is overkill. But then again that was
> their goal. It does take a while to become a good dragon handler, but
> I'm sure they can figure it out.
>
> Corwin

GC/FjP being who they are, my first impression is to think faked screen
shot/lies. My second thought <like I say, I am really not that nice guy> is
to let them train 8 GM tamers up to keep them out of mischief for now, then
release the bug that gets them all guard whacked for their efforts.

kh...@icqmail.com

Apr 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/13/00
On Mon, 10 Apr 2000 16:16:51 -0000, "Richard Cortese"
<rico...@netmagic.net> wrote:

>what works. I would suggest they stop doing PvP exclusively and get in a few
>minutes of PvM to figure out how it is done.

Blasphemy!

(J/k)

Corwin of Amber (WE/LS)

Apr 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/13/00
Richard,

>GC/FjP being who they are, my first impression is to think faked screen
>shot/lies. My second thought <like I say, I am really not that nice guy> is
>to let them train 8 GM tamers up to keep them out of mischief for now, then
>release the bug that gets them all guard whacked for their efforts.

Won't matter at this point. There is near ZERO guildwar or order/chaos
action on SP. It's all red/blue .vs. red/blue ... so fights are
outside guardzones or at most near the edges of them.

Anywho apparently their tamers have all reached master level, and can
control the dragons. It looked like they tamed mostly dragons and not
wyrms. The initial reports of the GC Dragons eating the GC reds will
be quite entertaining.

Corwin

Richard Cortese

Apr 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/14/00

> Richard,
>
> >GC/FjP being who they are, my first impression is to think faked screen
> >shot/lies. My second thought <like I say, I am really not that nice guy>
is
> >to let them train 8 GM tamers up to keep them out of mischief for now,
then
> >release the bug that gets them all guard whacked for their efforts.
>
> Won't matter at this point. There is near ZERO guildwar or order/chaos
> action on SP. It's all red/blue .vs. red/blue ... so fights are
> outside guardzones or at most near the edges of them.
I'm not a nice guy.

Guess what? All the stables but one are in guard zones. I would bet that one
stable that isn't in a guard zone would be full of dogs and cats if I was
playing there and all the others would be bug trapped.

For that matter, all the other stables would be full as soon as they took
their dragons out. Just not a big deal, I don't even play the shard and I
think I have over 40k there. Stable fees are only 90 gold a week per. I
could just about accomplish this myself, certainly a guild or two should be
able to do it.