Indestructable Pickaxe Broke!!

Patrick Fisher

Nov 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/17/99
Nothing is truly indestructible. They simply have more hit points. I don't
know if mining takes hit points into account or simply has a set number of
uses, but nothing lasts forever.
Just buy shovels. They're good for 51 ore, and are half as much as pickaxes.

Patrick Fisher
pbfi...@seas.upenn.edu

<rl...@locutus.ucr.edu> wrote in message news:80vm7d$6j5$1...@pravda.ucr.edu...

> I just spent 5k on an Indestructable Pickaxe (I id'ed it to make sure) and
> headed for my boat to have a great boat-mining session without worry of
> making shovels...
>
> I mine exactly 36 iron ore, and 14 copper ore, and *SNAP* it was gone!
>
> Is this a known bug, or am I wrong in assuming that indestructable
pickaxes
> are indeed indestructable?
>
> --Robert

Kevin Reckelhoff

Nov 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/17/99
According to stratics, "Indestructible" means the item has +25 hit
points. As you've found out, it's not indestructable.

Eric A. Hall

Nov 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/17/99

> Is this a known bug, or am I wrong in assuming that indestructable
> pickaxes are indeed indestructable?

The indestructable tag applies to the frequency at which the item will
need to be repaired if it used as a WEAPON, and has no bearing on its
use as a TOOL. If you were bashing somebody with it, you wouldn't have
to get it repaired very often, and it'd last a really long time even
over many multiple repairs. As a tool, well, you found out already...

rl...@locutus.ucr.edu

Uwe Fischer

Nov 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/18/99
<rl...@locutus.ucr.edu> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
80vm7d$6j5$1...@pravda.ucr.edu...

You are wrong. And if you payed 5k for such a crap, you
where ripped off.

Regards
Grizwood, Seneschall (MTB), Drachenfels

MTB: Militia Templum Baphomet
http://www.angelfire.com/mo/autumnvision/
BTC: Baphometic Trade Center
http://members.xoom.com/fischeruwe/BTC.htm

For Baphomet with fire and sword!

Acxxi

Nov 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/18/99
Robert asks:

>I just spent 5k on an Indestructable Pickaxe (I id'ed it to make sure) and
>headed for my boat to have a great boat-mining session without worry of
>making shovels...
>
>I mine exactly 36 iron ore, and 14 copper ore, and *SNAP* it was gone!
>
>Is this a known bug, or am I wrong in assuming that indestructable pickaxes
>are indeed indestructable?

I may be mistaken, but my understanding is that the pick-axe will be
indestructable if you use it as a weapon, but not if you use it as a pick-axe.
In my experience, all pick-axes snap at or before 51 ore no matter what.

Of course, its always possible that I just haven't met up with the pick-axe of
my dreams yet. Sigh.

Rock of Minoc
Drachonfels

Mat

Nov 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/18/99
Acxxi <ac...@aol.com> wrote in message

> I may be mistaken, but my understanding is that the pick-axe will be
> indestructable if you use it as a weapon, but not if you use it as a
pick-axe.
> In my experience, all pick-axes snap at or before 51 ore no matter
what.

You are mistaken

In no case is it indestructible, as a weapon it will last longer without
repair and last for more repairs than a normal weapon, but as a tool it
will mine 51 ore and then break, period.

http://uo.stratics.com check this site out under blacksmithing and from
there 'repairs', that section contains the exact workings of how weapons
degrade and how much an 'indestructible' weapon will help can be
deducted from the calculations there.

--
Mat

Swank MacCloud

Nov 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/18/99
>I just spent 5k on an Indestructable Pickaxe

uh oh, I see where this is going...

>I mine exactly 36 iron ore, and 14 copper ore, and *SNAP* it was gone!

Yep...it was there it went...

>am I wrong in assuming that indestructable pickaxes
>are indeed indestructable?

Its a commom mistake, I know I made it, but things labled "indestructable" can
be distructed. It is just a boost to the item's HP...and as far as
indestructable pick axes...its only in the weapon sense of the pick axe not the
mineing sense...for mineing its just a 5k version of a tinkered version.
Live and learn,

Swank MacCloud-Atlantic
Ace Card-Drachenfels

Jan Gustavsson

Nov 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/18/99
Indestructable does only mean that they last a bit longer.

Cozy

> > I just spent 5k on an Indestructable Pickaxe (I id'ed it
> to make sure) and

> > I mine exactly 36 iron ore, and 14 copper ore, and *SNAP*
> it was gone!
> >

> > Is this a known bug, or am I wrong in assuming that

Chris Harris

Nov 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/18/99
not to make you more irritated than you are... but why is it that weapons used as
tools in the trade of bowcraft don't wear? I am a GM bowyer, and have used the
same set of daggers from a skill level of 22 up to 100... and all 8 have carved
countless bows, and all 8 are still in "unused" condition...

Swank MacCloud wrote:

> >I just spent 5k on an Indestructable Pickaxe
>

> uh oh, I see where this is going...
>

> >I mine exactly 36 iron ore, and 14 copper ore, and *SNAP* it was gone!
> >

> Yep...it was there it went...
>

> >am I wrong in assuming that indestructable pickaxes
> >are indeed indestructable?

Baal

Nov 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/18/99
yup, you are wrong; indestructable is not indestructable

rl...@locutus.ucr.edu heeft geschreven in bericht
<80vm7d$6j5$1...@pravda.ucr.edu>...

>I just spent 5k on an Indestructable Pickaxe (I id'ed it to make sure) and

>headed for my boat to have a great boat-mining session without worry of
>making shovels...
>

>I mine exactly 36 iron ore, and 14 copper ore, and *SNAP* it was gone!
>

>Is this a known bug, or am I wrong in assuming that indestructable pickaxes
>are indeed indestructable?
>
>--Robert

Xigam

Nov 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/19/99
On Thu, 18 Nov 1999 18:39:44 -0500, Chris Harris <chr...@bright.net>
wrote:

Well, don't tell anyone, but it's for the same reason that axes don't
wear out when you are chopping trees..

- Xigam

>not to make you more irritated than you are... but why is it that weapons used as
>tools in the trade of bowcraft don't wear? I am a GM bowyer, and have used the
>same set of daggers from a skill level of 22 up to 100... and all 8 have carved
>countless bows, and all 8 are still in "unused" condition...
>
>Swank MacCloud wrote:
>

>> >I just spent 5k on an Indestructable Pickaxe
>>

>> uh oh, I see where this is going...
>>

>> >I mine exactly 36 iron ore, and 14 copper ore, and *SNAP* it was gone!
>> >

>> Yep...it was there it went...
>>

>> >am I wrong in assuming that indestructable pickaxes
>> >are indeed indestructable?

Geoffrey Hyde

Nov 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/20/99
Of course, if he played on SP, he'd quickly find out that lots of tools do
wear out that don't normally wear out.

;-)

--
Cheers ...