Watch out folks.............................please read . 7749

Chris Subich

Feb 26, 2001, 9:20:17 AM2/26/01
Hello to r.g.c.u.d from the Stars! group.
--
Chris # csubich@g-d-i-.-n-e-t
# (remove dashes to email)

Claus Kick

Feb 26, 2001, 10:05:12 AM2/26/01

Chris Subich wrote:

> Hello to r.g.c.u.d from the Stars! group.

Hello to s.t.a.r.s from RGCUD!

--
claus dragon

Ibn al-Hazardous Dragon

Feb 26, 2001, 11:57:28 AM2/26/01
Anno Domine MMI, Chris Subich stepped forth and uttered:

}Hello to r.g.c.u.d from the Stars! group.

Hello Stars!

I may be stupid asking, but how come this is forwarded to the quake
group too? ::))
--
Ibn al Haz Drake <GMOTUDIC> 1 Mao
Not 'lone to start group of //\\ Old piece

Chris Subich

Feb 26, 2001, 3:25:05 PM2/26/01
On Mon, 26 Feb 2001 16:57:28 GMT, i...@ultima-dragons.org (Ibn al-Hazardous
Dragon) wrote:

>Anno Domine MMI, Chris Subich stepped forth and uttered:
>
>}Hello to r.g.c.u.d from the Stars! group.
>
>Hello Stars!
>
>I may be stupid asking, but how come this is forwarded to the quake
>group too? ::))

Because often spammers target a list of 3-5 groups that are consecutive in what
their server gets: apparantly this guy goes straight from Stars to Ultima
Dragons to Quake, possibly meaning he has a bad news server that he's missing so
many groups.

Helgraf Dragon

Feb 26, 2001, 4:18:44 PM2/26/01
vpf...@safesurf.org wrote:

<< Massive snip of irrelevant material >>

Hey there stars and quake fans...

Looks like good old Spammer 7749 is up and at it again... anyone
for a snarf hunt?

--
Helgraf Dragon, the NSA Dragon, Liason to Echelon
A Chronicler of the Circle of Dragons, King of Sloth

Ibn al-Hazardous Dragon

Feb 26, 2001, 5:06:53 PM2/26/01
Anno Domine MMI, Chris Subich stepped forth and uttered:

}On Mon, 26 Feb 2001 16:57:28 GMT, i...@ultima-dragons.org (Ibn al-Hazardous
}Dragon) wrote:
}
}>Anno Domine MMI, Chris Subich stepped forth and uttered:
}>
}>}Hello to r.g.c.u.d from the Stars! group.
}>
}>Hello Stars!
}>
}>I may be stupid asking, but how come this is forwarded to the quake
}>group too? ::))
}
}Because often spammers target a list of 3-5 groups that are consecutive in what
}their server gets: apparantly this guy goes straight from Stars to Ultima
}Dragons to Quake, possibly meaning he has a bad news server that he's missing so
}many groups.

Sorry, I was trying to make a fun stating the obvious. <:) I never saw
the spam, though I could guess from the subject it started that way
(especially the ". 7749" part ::)) (BTW, that smilie indicates 'high on
caffeine' - if that would explain anything, not that I think it would
;;)).

Sabbath Dragon

Feb 26, 2001, 6:25:32 PM2/26/01
test

Chris Subich <pfh...@gdi.net> escreveu na mensagem

RedCoyote

Feb 26, 2001, 8:22:04 PM2/26/01

Helgraf Dragon wrote:

> vpf...@safesurf.org wrote:
> >
> << Massive snip of irrelevant material >>
>
> Hey there stars and quake fans...
>
> Looks like good old Spammer 7749 is up and at it again... anyone
> for a snarf hunt?

Sure. Just a sec, gotta load my Skorpion and attach the noise suppressor
. . . All set; time to rock and roll.

--
-Coyote-

Remove "_NO_SPAM" from email addy to contact me.

Chris Schack

Feb 26, 2001, 7:51:29 PM2/26/01
In article <tCBm6.763$Z_7.2...@newsserver.ip.pt>,
"Sabbath Dragon" <angel...@clix.pt> wrote:
>test

Please don't send test posts, every time I see one of them, I'm tempted
to reply that the person failed...

Chris Schack

Goldenflame Dragon

Feb 26, 2001, 11:39:35 PM2/26/01
In the beginning was the Word, and then pfh...@gdi.net (Chris Subich)
wrote:

>Hello to r.g.c.u.d from the Stars! group.

Heya, Stars! Long time no see. :>

Goldenflame Dragon

(.quake snipped...)

-=<UDIC>=- Goldenflame Dragon http://www.tumbolia.org/golden.html
d++ e++ N++ T-- Om++ UK1!2!3!4!5!6!7'!S'!8!9!A u++ uC++ uF- uG++ uLB++
uA(+) nC+ nR nH+ nP+ nI nPT+(++) nS++ nTo++ oA++ oE oy++ a25
In the beginning was the Word.
In the end... past honor, past life, past caring...
In the end will be the Word.

Boa Dragon

Feb 27, 2001, 1:48:36 AM2/27/01
Goldenflame Dragon has returned to fill eternal darkness with
Goldenflame Dragon...

>>Hello to r.g.c.u.d from the Stars! group.
>Heya, Stars! Long time no see. :>

Hmmm. What exactly is Stars?

*Boa Dragon, aka Bowie
---==(UDIC)==-----==(CLOUDS)==-----==(TNET)==---
U14!7'!SW!M <waiting to be filled>
Owner of the Big Holy Shrug and The Holy Mailbox
Official Drooler of RGCUD Owner of a chuckle
Ender of the Never Ending Title Changer
http://www.uffeshomepage.cjb.net

Chris Subich

Feb 27, 2001, 3:57:56 PM2/27/01
On 27 Feb 2001 11:08:43 -0500, dun...@psych.utoronto.ca (Matthew Duncan) wrote:

>*patiently waits for a Stars! group member to ask what is Ultima*

Well, assuming it's the same sort of Ultima that's an RPG, we mostly probably
know what it is.

What exactly is a Dragon, though? :)

Aquamarine Dragon

Feb 28, 2001, 1:43:08 AM2/28/01
Sorry, Chris Subich, could you repeat that? I wasn't paying attention:

> On 27 Feb 2001 11:08:43 -0500, dun...@psych.utoronto.ca (Matthew Duncan) wrote:
>
> >*patiently waits for a Stars! group member to ask what is Ultima*
>
> Well, assuming it's the same sort of Ultima that's an RPG, we mostly probably
> know what it is.
>
> What exactly is a Dragon, though? :)

Well it's a fearsome beast that prefers the knights crunchy and with
ketchup. Unless it's vegetarian. Or not hungry. Or something.

Oh, you mean an Ultima Dragon?

Basically, the same thing...

Now, the interesting question is, why are we called Dragons?

From what I've been taught in Dragon school, it goes back to the very
beginning of the Ultima fan club which was based around the Prodigy BBS
system.

I'm not sure if there were other groups, but at least one of them called
themselves "Players of Ultima For Fun", or PUFF. Then somebody tried to
be mean and compared them to Puff the Magic Dragon.

I guess the "Dragon" part somehow got stuck :)

--
Josef Drexler | http://publish.uwo.ca/~jdrexler/
---------------------------------+---------------------------------------

Helgraf Dragon

Feb 28, 2001, 4:51:55 AM2/28/01
Aquamarine Dragon wrote:

> Sorry, Chris Subich, could you repeat that? I wasn't paying attention:
> > On 27 Feb 2001 11:08:43 -0500, dun...@psych.utoronto.ca (Matthew Duncan) wrote:
> >
> > >*patiently waits for a Stars! group member to ask what is Ultima*
> >
> > Well, assuming it's the same sort of Ultima that's an RPG, we mostly probably
> > know what it is.
> >
> > What exactly is a Dragon, though? :)

Depends on the model. Your western European model was typically a
hexapedal (when you include the wings) reptile of enormous size
with noxious breath, scales as good as the best mail-plate, claws,
teeth, with an often nasty temperment, a prediliction to hoard
valuables, a psychology not unlike a mouser cat and a weakness for
maidens true.

Your scandinavian model was a wingless fellow, frequently called a
linnorm, iirc. Nasty little buggers that didn't fly, but didn't
need to.

I could go on but I expect you meant "What exactly is an Ultima
Dragon?"

> Well it's a fearsome beast that prefers the knights crunchy and with
> ketchup. Unless it's vegetarian. Or not hungry. Or something.
>
> Oh, you mean an Ultima Dragon?
>
> Basically, the same thing...
>
> Now, the interesting question is, why are we called Dragons?
>
> From what I've been taught in Dragon school, it goes back to the very
> beginning of the Ultima fan club which was based around the Prodigy BBS
> system.
>
> I'm not sure if there were other groups, but at least one of them called
> themselves "Players of Ultima For Fun", or PUFF. Then somebody tried to
> be mean and compared them to Puff the Magic Dragon.
>
> I guess the "Dragon" part somehow got stuck :)

Graceless Dragon

Feb 28, 2001, 5:05:37 AM2/28/01
Aquamarine Dragon spoke to me from the shadows...

-snikt-

> themselves "Players of Ultima For Fun", or PUFF. Then somebody tried to
> be mean and compared them to Puff the Magic Dragon.

Scorpion, I believe.

This is frightening; I was only reading about this part of the
UDIC history LAST NIGHT. ^_^

--
Graceless Dragon
-=UDIC=- One Mao

Boa Dragon

Mar 1, 2001, 2:38:47 PM3/1/01
Chris Subich has returned to fill eternal darkness with Chris
Subich...

>Stars! and its upcoming sequal Stars! Supernova Ganesis are space strategy games
>in the 4X vein, the 4X's being explore, exploit, expand, and exterminate (prolly
>not in that order). Stars! is almost exclusively played multiplayer in either a
>blitz setting over IRC and the like or a turn-a-day-or-so over E-mail. Games
>can last to over a hundred turns in larger universes, and each turn can take on
>the order of an hour to play (depending on in-game situation.)

[Drools]

Have... to... check... that... out...

Chris Subich

Mar 1, 2001, 3:09:14 PM3/1/01
On Thu, 01 Mar 2001 19:38:47 GMT, b...@ultima-dragons.org (Boa Dragon) wrote:

>Chris Subich has returned to fill eternal darkness with Chris
>Subich...
>
>>Stars! and its upcoming sequal Stars! Supernova Ganesis are space strategy games
>>in the 4X vein, the 4X's being explore, exploit, expand, and exterminate (prolly
>>not in that order). Stars! is almost exclusively played multiplayer in either a
>>blitz setting over IRC and the like or a turn-a-day-or-so over E-mail. Games
>>can last to over a hundred turns in larger universes, and each turn can take on
>>the order of an hour to play (depending on in-game situation.)
>
>[Drools]
>
>Have... to... check... that... out...

Like I've said, www.crisium.com/stars has a demo up. It may be a little
difficult to find a copy to purchase, but it looks like the publisher, Empire
(www.empire.co.uk, IIRC) is actually selling 'em. If you want to buy a copy and
have any sort of trouble finding one, ask around here (rgcs).

Samurai

Mar 1, 2001, 7:40:02 PM3/1/01
[follow-ups back to RGCUD only]

Quoth Helgraf Dragon <hel...@tampabay.rr.com>:
[munch]
>I could go on

And should do -- you forgot the oriental class, dammit!

;)
\^\^//
,^ ( ..) Samurai Dragon -==UDIC Sig Code==-
| \ \ -==(UDIC)==- d++e+N T--Om+U146MA7'! L8u uC++
\ `^--^ \\\/// uF-uG++uLB+uA+nC++uR nH+nP+++
\ \ \ (2 Attentive Points) nI--nPT nS+++nT--wM-wC y+ a25
ksj ^--^ ___________________________________________________________

Helgraf Dragon

Mar 4, 2001, 10:01:29 AM3/4/01
Samurai wrote:

> [follow-ups back to RGCUD only]
>
> Quoth Helgraf Dragon <hel...@tampabay.rr.com>:
> [munch]
> >I could go on
>
> And should do -- you forgot the oriental class, dammit!
>
> ;)

:blinks slowlike: Wha?

--
Helgraf Dragon, the NSA Dragon, Liason to Echelon
A Chronicler of the Circle of Dragons, King of Sloth
__ The Exodus of the *Other Side*; Plonk Count : 5
/__\ d++ e++ N T-- Om+ U1!23!4!5!6!7'!S'!8!KA!L!
/|__|\ u+++ uC++ uF uG++ uLB+ uA++ nC+ nH+ nP+ nI+ nPT nS++ nT+

|----| y++ a26;a1600 When home is a torus, expect curves.
|_||_| Fossil; Mao Count : 5, Psychological torch

Helgraf Dragon

Mar 4, 2001, 10:02:23 AM3/4/01
Samurai wrote:

> [follow-ups back to RGCUD only]
>
> Quoth Helgraf Dragon <hel...@tampabay.rr.com>:
> [munch]
> >I could go on
>
> And should do -- you forgot the oriental class, dammit!
>
> ;)

Oh, yes, the ones with a serpentine manner, feathered whiskers and
pearls in their brains that provide them an innate flying
ability.

--
Helgraf Dragon, the NSA Dragon, Liason to Echelon
A Chronicler of the Circle of Dragons, King of Sloth
__ The Exodus of the *Other Side*; Plonk Count : 5
/__\ d++ e++ N T-- Om+ U1!23!4!5!6!7'!S'!8!KA!L!
/|__|\ u+++ uC++ uF uG++ uLB+ uA++ nC+ nH+ nP+ nI+ nPT nS++ nT+

|----| y++ a26;a1600 When home is a torus, expect curves.
|_||_| Fossil; Mao Count : 5, Psychological torch

Samurai

Mar 4, 2001, 7:30:54 PM3/4/01
Quoth Helgraf Dragon <hel...@tampabay.rr.com>:
>Samurai wrote:
[munch]

>> And should do -- you forgot the oriental class, dammit! ;)
>
>Oh, yes, the ones with a serpentine manner, feathered whiskers and
>pearls in their brains

Or throats. :)

>that provide them an innate flying ability.

Of which my Dragon persona is one. Hence the insistence on its
inclusion. ;)