Grupos de Google ya no admite nuevas publicaciones ni suscripciones de Usenet. El contenido anterior sigue siendo visible.

Saved / submitted

Visto 3 veces
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Bob

no leída,
2 feb 2004, 19:35:572/2/04
Given that the stars executable can tell the difference between these
two states I am guessing there must be something in the turn files which
says whether they are submitted without having to decode the lot.

Has anyone managed to hack something together which will allow that
information to be retrieved without opening the stars exe.

I'd like to do this because we have several people playing games which
are just hosted on a shared drive. When the files are accessed across
the internet there is a significant lag and it becomes rapidly apparent
that the default buttons of "force generate" and "OK" are *bad* choices.

Anyway - any scripts / exes that will do the job for me?

Cheers

Dirk Thierbach

no leída,
3 feb 2004, 4:53:093/2/04
Bob <ne...@dawnlink.ltd.uk> wrote:
> Given that the stars executable can tell the difference between these
> two states I am guessing there must be something in the turn files which
> says whether they are submitted without having to decode the lot.
>
> Has anyone managed to hack something together which will allow that
> information to be retrieved without opening the stars exe.

The Jeffs have -- there's a file called starstat.c that reads the
(unencrypted) header of all Stars! files. In the header there's a flag
fDone which is set when the game is submitted.

The file should be available on some of the usual Stars! sites (at
least that's where I got it from, cannot remember the exact one.)

- Dirk

Bob

no leída,
3 feb 2004, 19:19:003/2/04
Excellent - except that all the links I can find (not many) are dead,
does anyone have any known good links? (or some quick space to host it on)

If you still have a copy Dirk could you (and only dirk please) mail it
to me.

Cheers

Bob

Bob

no leída,
4 feb 2004, 13:52:124/2/04
Bob wrote:

Of course had I thought to google the group rather than the web I'd have
found it sooner...
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=starstat.c&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=1044648130.861420%40ananke.eclipse.net.uk&rnum=1

0 mensajes nuevos