doom2 great demon catch-phrase

ethhoack ethandphi exbeess

Mar 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/2/99
english isn't my motherly language, can someone tell me what the doom2
level30 demon says backwards when you come in ?

ethh
key id & fp: 7579B421 7D 29 B3 3A CB 2D 42 B1 DE F3 19 D6 18 F6
C5 55
http://torpedoes.enemy.org

S.NAPper

Mar 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/2/99
In article <UM2rdTl95280-pn2-n74BhX2gus3F@localhost>
et...@enemy.org (ethhoack ethandphi exbeess) writes:

>english isn't my motherly language, can someone tell me what the doom2
>level30 demon says backwards when you come in ?

It's along the lines of :-)

"In order to win the game, you must kill me - J.R."

- which is quite ironic around here, because it is the J.R. that causes
much of the pain and killing around here.

Biggest excuse for this region's largest car park (Oxford).

It's true, I know it is,

S.

-- -
Stuff the B's - Show Me the Honey !

Len Pitre

Mar 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/2/99
et...@enemy.org wrote:
>english isn't my motherly language, can someone tell me what the doom2
>level30 demon says backwards when you come in ?

"To win the game you must kill me, John Romero."

--
Pointless SIG file
Replace "doom" with "bigfoot" to send e-mail.

ethhoack ethandphi exbeess

Mar 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/3/99
On Tue, 2 Mar 1999 18:46:04, The.A...@Doom.com (Len Pitre) wrote:

> et...@enemy.org wrote:
> >english isn't my motherly language, can someone tell me what the doom2
> >level30 demon says backwards when you come in ?
>
> "To win the game you must kill me, John Romero."

is that him that you see when you get him using noclip ?

Len Pitre

Mar 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/3/99
ethhoack ethandphi exbeess wrote:
>On Tue, 2 Mar 1999 18:46:04, The.A...@Doom.com (Len Pitre) wrote:
>
>> et...@enemy.org wrote:
>> >english isn't my motherly language, can someone tell me what the doom2
>> >level30 demon says backwards when you come in ?
>>
>> "To win the game you must kill me, John Romero."
>
>is that him that you see when you get him using noclip ?

Sure is. In fact, if memory serves, someone in Id (either Romero or the
sound guy) said that when Romero saw the head-on-a-stake (someone else had put
it there as a surprise) he got such a kick out of it that he recorded some
phrases for the sound guy to distort into the voice of the final baddie. The
reversal was part of it as a sort of joke - because of the people who
said that playing heavy metal in reverse became the voice of Satan.

Len

Balanco

Mar 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/7/99

english isn't my motherly language, can someone tell me what the doom2
level30 demon says backwards when you come in ?

"To win this game you must kill me, John Romero". He was one of the
producers of the Doom. BTW: If you noclip behind the demon
on the wall, you'll see his head on a stick

Due to widespread abuse by junk-emailers, I am no
longer accepting any internet (non-AOL) e-mail at this
address.

Wildman, the Cuberstalker

Mar 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/8/99
On 7 Mar 1999 19:11:25 GMT, Balanco <bal...@aol.com>
wrote:

>"To win this game you must kill me, John Romero". He was one of the
>producers of the Doom. BTW: If you noclip behind the demon
>on the wall, you'll see his head on a stick

Speaking of which, is there any way to get in there without cheating?

--
The Wildman ICQ# 32609427
Fight spam - http://www.spamfree.org

Len Pitre

Mar 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/8/99
wil...@microserve.net wrote:
>On 7 Mar 1999 19:11:25 GMT, Balanco <bal...@aol.com>
>wrote:
>>"To win this game you must kill me, John Romero". He was one of the
>>producers of the Doom. BTW: If you noclip behind the demon
>>on the wall, you'll see his head on a stick
>
>Speaking of which, is there any way to get in there without cheating?

In a word, no.

ethhoack ethandphi exbeess

Mar 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/8/99
On Mon, 8 Mar 1999 19:23:10, wil...@microserve.net (Wildman, the
Cuberstalker) wrote:

> On 7 Mar 1999 19:11:25 GMT, Balanco <bal...@aol.com>
> wrote:
> >"To win this game you must kill me, John Romero". He was one of the
> >producers of the Doom. BTW: If you noclip behind the demon
> >on the wall, you'll see his head on a stick
>
> Speaking of which, is there any way to get in there without cheating?

let 4 archviles live and get them to blow up at 0.25 sec intervals so
you hup in the hole :)

Jim Wesolowski

Mar 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/9/99
et...@enemy.org (ethhoack ethandphi exbeess) wrote:

>On Mon, 8 Mar 1999 19:23:10, wil...@microserve.net (Wildman, the
>Cuberstalker) wrote:

>> On 7 Mar 1999 19:11:25 GMT, Balanco <bal...@aol.com>
>> wrote:
>> >"To win this game you must kill me, John Romero". He was one of the
>> >producers of the Doom. BTW: If you noclip behind the demon
>> >on the wall, you'll see his head on a stick
>>
>> Speaking of which, is there any way to get in there without cheating?

>let 4 archviles live and get them to blow up at 0.25 sec intervals so
>you hup in the hole :)

Even if you managed this task, is the hole tall enough for
you to fit through?

Jim Wesolowski vap...@prism.gatech.edu

ethhoack ethandphi exbeess

Mar 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/9/99
On Tue, 9 Mar 1999 00:36:27, vap...@prism.gatech.edu (Jim Wesolowski)
wrote:

> et...@enemy.org (ethhoack ethandphi exbeess) wrote:
>
> >On Mon, 8 Mar 1999 19:23:10, wil...@microserve.net (Wildman, the
> >Cuberstalker) wrote:

> >> Speaking of which, is there any way to get in there without cheating?
>
> >let 4 archviles live and get them to blow up at 0.25 sec intervals so
> >you hup in the hole :)
>
> Even if you managed this task, is the hole tall enough for
> you to fit through?

i guess so because you can walk in the entrance...

Len Pitre

Mar 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/9/99
Jim Wesolowski wrote:
>et...@enemy.org (ethhoack ethandphi exbeess) wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 8 Mar 1999 19:23:10, wil...@microserve.net (Wildman, the
>>Cuberstalker) wrote:

>>> Speaking of which, is there any way to get in there without cheating?
>
>>let 4 archviles live and get them to blow up at 0.25 sec intervals so
>>you hup in the hole :)
>
>Even if you managed this task, is the hole tall enough for
>you to fit through?

Let's see... (Fires up Deth, since it's the only editor I have that works
under Windows.:) Man, the video does NOT like alt-tab....

For the little hallway leading to the Romero chamber:

Ceiling 416
- Floor 384
= Height 32

You're 56 tall. So, you'd need to be dead to fit through. Which is where the 4
Viles come in handy.:)

Jim Wesolowski

Mar 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/9/99
The.A...@Doom.com (Len Pitre) wrote:

>Let's see... (Fires up Deth, since it's the only editor I have that works
>under Windows.:) Man, the video does NOT like alt-tab....

>For the little hallway leading to the Romero chamber:

> Ceiling 416
>- Floor 384
>= Height 32

>You're 56 tall. So, you'd need to be dead to fit through. Which is where the 4
>Viles come in handy.:)

Hmmm... I hadn't thought of that :)

S.NAPper

Mar 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/9/99
In article <7c182u$psn$1...@news3.microserve.net>
wil...@microserve.net (Wildman, the Cuberstalker) writes:

>Balanco <bal...@aol.com> wrote:
>
>>"To win this game you must kill me, John Romero". He was one of the

>>producers of the DooM. BTW: If you noclip behind the demon on the wall,

>>you'll see his head on a stick
>
>Speaking of which, is there any way to get in there without cheating ?

Yus...

Wait until you've got a small bunch of archies ( you may want to hide
for a while until they've shown up ;-) and they're raising you up and
down at a fare old rate... Then at exactly the right memento, jump up
and back, and with a lil bit of luck, you'll land ( dead ;-| ) in the
final room.

Trouble is: you're dead, so you won't see the J.R. doll.

Off you go now...

First one to make a .LMP gets to keep it.

S.;-)

Matthew W. Miller

Mar 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/9/99
On Wed, 03 Mar 1999 03:36:00 GMT, Len Pitre <The.A...@Doom.com> wrote:
>ethhoack ethandphi exbeess wrote:
>>> "To win the game you must kill me, John Romero."
>>is that him that you see when you get him using noclip ?
>Sure is. In fact, if memory serves, someone in Id (either Romero or the
>sound guy) said that when Romero saw the head-on-a-stake (someone else had put
>it there as a surprise) he got such a kick out of it that he recorded some
>phrases for the sound guy to distort into the voice of the final baddie.

"Sound guy" Robert Prince's questions-and-answers page (
http://www.bpmusic.com/frame_little.html ) is under construction at the
moment, so I'll try to summarize: First one of the artists (Kevin Cloud?
Adrian Carmack?) designed the boss-brain to look like Romero on a stick;
Romero found it while playtesting the level, and he and Mr Prince recorded
the deathless phrase, put some phasing on it, and reversed it.

--
Matthew W. Miller -- ma...@infinet.com

Balanco

Mar 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/10/99
Ra...@Home.in-the.Woods (S.NAPper) wrote:

Wait until you've got a small bunch of archies ( you may want to hide
for a while until they've shown up ;-) and they're raising you up and
down at a fare old rate... Then at exactly the right memento, jump up
and back, and with a lil bit of luck, you'll land ( dead ;-| ) in the
final room.

Hm.. I didn't think this was even possible with the way the level is
designed..
Wouldn't there have to be one constant "explosion" after another timed just
right?,
And you would have to be in the correct position, and have just the right
amount of
health points? I'll just stick with IDCLIP ;)

Len Pitre

Mar 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/10/99
Balanco wrote:
> Ra...@Home.in-the.Woods (S.NAPper) wrote:
>

>Wait until you've got a small bunch of archies ( you may want to hide
>for a while until they've shown up ;-) and they're raising you up and
>down at a fare old rate... Then at exactly the right memento, jump up
>and back, and with a lil bit of luck, you'll land ( dead ;-| ) in the
>final room.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

> Hm.. I didn't think this was even possible with the way the level is
>designed..
>Wouldn't there have to be one constant "explosion" after another timed just
>right?,
>And you would have to be in the correct position, and have just the right
>amount of
>health points? I'll just stick with IDCLIP ;)

Stuart Brady

Mar 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/13/99
On Thu, 11 Mar 1999, Pedro Eduardo wrote:

>[ A UUEncoded file (Doom2Demon.wav) was included here. ]

Thanks... I had to waste time downloading that. And it wasn't any good.
Even if you're using windows, you can extract the sound using Wintex and
reverse it with sound recorder.
--
Stuart Brady
email: stu...@nospam.demon.co.uk

DarkWolf

Mar 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/14/99
You can't fit in the hole, even if you could get up there. How do the cubes
go out to hole, easy, they can go through the wall.

Len Pitre

Mar 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/14/99
DarkWolf wrote:
>You can't fit in the hole, even if you could get up there. How do the cubes
>go out to hole, easy, they can go through the wall.

They've got their no-clipping flag on. Also, even if they were "solid", they'd
be small enough to fit through.

Sir Robin

Apr 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/15/99
On 8 Mar 1999 22:12:02 GMT, et...@enemy.org (ethhoack ethandphi
exbeess) wrote:

>On Mon, 8 Mar 1999 19:23:10, wil...@microserve.net (Wildman, the
>Cuberstalker) wrote:
>

>> On 7 Mar 1999 19:11:25 GMT, Balanco <bal...@aol.com>

>> wrote:
>> >"To win this game you must kill me, John Romero". He was one of the

>> >producers of the Doom. BTW: If you noclip behind the demon

>> >on the wall, you'll see his head on a stick
>>

>> Speaking of which, is there any way to get in there without cheating?
>
>let 4 archviles live and get them to blow up at 0.25 sec intervals so
>you hup in the hole :)

And this only works if they can blast you high enough and if you can
make them blast you to right place... Naturally you have to die from
the blast because if you live you won't fit through the hole :)

This could be considered impossible, but maybe there is some demo
freak trying to do it...

- Sir Robin, Member of Falling Star Productions and TeamTNT
E-Mail: jsak...@hotmail.com - ICQ: 15207181
DooM page: http://doomcastle.tsx.org/
Hemp page: http://hempbase.tsx.org/

... I ran today... Ice Cream truck was going 60 MPH...