Randy Bauer Fails to Attend the Board Meeting

samsloan

Aug 10, 2008, 9:35:53 PM8/10/08
Randy Bauer Fails to Attend the Board Meeting

In the USCF Executive Bard meeting just concluded, Randy Bauer is a no-
show.

He apparently sent a BINFO stating that he is not coming tomorrow
either. He is extremely upset about Susan Polgar's lawsuit against the
USCF.

I have to wonder whether he might be resigning.

Sam Sloan

Javert

Aug 10, 2008, 9:39:23 PM8/10/08

If so, they you get to run again for the board.

I hope he isn't resigning, for many reasons.

Randy Bauer

Aug 11, 2008, 1:59:06 AM8/11/08

I didn't fail to attend; I chose not to attend. I'm not planning to
resign - that would be too convenient.

I do, however, intend to raise USCF issues surrounding Paul and now, I
guess Susan - in a totally factual (i.e., non-defammatory) way in
every forum and to every audience possible, whether it be Lubbock or
Timbuktu. After all, Susan is suing me.

As Karl Kronenberger pointed out in his presentation to the Delegates,
the truth is an absolute defense to defamation claims. There's plenty
to talk about.

Randy Bauer

PB

Aug 11, 2008, 2:17:34 AM8/11/08

Stick at it Mr Bauer as long as you can. Without implying comment on
the intrinsic merits of the suits flying around, I judge you as one of
the few balanced and reasonable people in this whole imbroglio.

Paul Buswell

David Kane

Aug 11, 2008, 5:07:50 AM8/11/08

>"Randy Bauer" <randyba...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>On Aug 10, 8:35 pm, samsloan <samhsl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Randy Bauer Fails to Attend the Board Meeting
>>
>> In the USCF Executive Bard meeting just concluded, Randy Bauer is a no-
>> show.
>>
>> He apparently sent a BINFO stating that he is not coming tomorrow
>> either. He is extremely upset about Susan Polgar's lawsuit against the
>> USCF.
>>
>> I have to wonder whether he might be resigning.
>>
>> Sam Sloan
>
>I didn't fail to attend; I chose not to attend. I'm not planning to
>resign - that would be too convenient.
>
>I do, however, intend to raise USCF issues surrounding Paul and now, I
>guess Susan - in a totally factual (i.e., non-defammatory) way in
>every forum and to every audience possible, whether it be Lubbock or
>Timbuktu. After all, Susan is suing me.

So if she hadn't sued you, then it would be OK to be silent??

You have had an opportunity (actually an obligation in your
official capacity as an officer) to do the right thing all along.

But, with all sincerity, good luck.

Randy Bauer

Aug 11, 2008, 8:04:40 AM8/11/08
On Aug 11, 4:07 am, "David Kane" <davidek...@comcast.net> wrote:
> >"Randy Bauer" <randybauer2...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> But, with all sincerity, good luck.- Hide quoted text -

I and three other EB members removed Paul's Board title and all his
committee assignments months ago; I and three other EB members
publicly asked for Paul's resignation months ago; I and three other EB
members then filed a Delegate's motion asking him to resign and,
failing that, initiating a recall. That is hardly being silent and is
pretty much all we as Board members can or could do - we do not have
the power ourselves to remove another member of the Executive Board.

Randy Bauer

Javert

Aug 11, 2008, 9:12:15 AM8/11/08

Hear hear.

Brian Lafferty

Aug 11, 2008, 9:43:26 AM8/11/08

Actually, I think you do have the power to remove them. Email me if you
like and we can then talk by phone about it.

B.

Mike Murray

Aug 11, 2008, 10:33:40 AM8/11/08
On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 23:17:34 -0700 (PDT), PB <PBusw...@aol.com>
wrote:

>Stick at it Mr Bauer as long as you can. Without implying comment on
>the intrinsic merits of the suits flying around, I judge you as one of
>the few balanced and reasonable people in this whole imbroglio.

>Paul Buswell

I'll drink to that.

The Historian

Aug 11, 2008, 10:48:55 AM8/11/08
On Aug 11, 9:33 am, Mike Murray <mikemur...@despammed.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 23:17:34 -0700 (PDT), PB <PBusw13...@aol.com>

> wrote:
>
> >Stick at it Mr Bauer as long as you can. Without implying comment on
> >the intrinsic merits of the suits flying around, I judge you as one of
> >the few balanced and reasonable people in this whole imbroglio.
> >Paul Buswell
>
> I'll drink to that.

And while we are distributing praise, Mike Murray deserves some for
his level-headedness throughout the Truong meltdown.

Rob

Aug 11, 2008, 12:03:19 PM8/11/08
> B.- Hide quoted text -

Mike, you commented about me offering advise on chessdiscussion.com.
ANy comment about this "offer"?

Mike Murray

Aug 11, 2008, 12:19:48 PM8/11/08
On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 09:03:19 -0700 (PDT), Rob <robm...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Actually, I think you do have the power to remove them.  Email me if you
>> like and we can then talk by phone about it.

>Mike, you commented about me offering advise on chessdiscussion.com.

>ANy comment about this "offer"?

I'm assuming that Lafferty wanted to state publicly that he believed
the board had that power.

My personal preference would be have made the statement on the
newsgroup and extended the offer privately via a separate PM or
e-mail.