Goichberg Stacks the USCF Forums with Pro-Goichberg Moderators

samsloan

Mar 12, 2007, 8:18:35 PM3/12/07
At 04:37 PM 3/9/2007 EST, Chess...@aol.com wrote:

I hereby move that the USCF Executive Board establishes the USCF
Forums It will be the responsibility of the Committee to evaluate
the fitness of questionable posts in the USCF Forums, to rule on
sanctions relating to violations by posters within the USCF Forums,
and to advise the Executive Board and Executive Director on policy
regulating the USCF Forums. Inaugural members for the Committee are as
follows:

Jerry MacDonald
Joshua Snyder
Bill Smythe
Louis Blair
Polly Wright
Thomas Langland
Terry Vibbert
Terry Winchester

Bill Goichberg

I object to Louis Blair.

I am sure that Frank and James Berry will object to Louis Blair too,
as he constantly attacks them.

Who selected Louis Blair anyway?

Sam Sloan

At Monrovia, the Board named a subcommittee of Bill Hall, Randy Hough
and myself to submit nominations for committee members for Board
approval.

I see Louis Blair as a poster who documents his opinions in great
detail I believe he has disagreed with some posts by Frank or Jim
Berry, but that he has never made the type of attack post that we are
expecting the committee to remove from view.

Bill Goichberg

You apparently have not followed the career of Louis Blair very
closely. It is true that his emails consist almost entirely of quotes
by others. However, he selects his targets and attacks them again and
again, sometimes for months on end.

Right now, he is concentrating his attacks on Jim and Frank Berry. I
know that they are unhappy about this because Frank Berry complained
to me about Louis Blair at the meeting at the Marshall Chess Club
about cheating in chess.

I am surprised that you would consider such an obviously biased and
opinionated person as Louis Blair for membership on this committee.

Sam Sloan

Sam, does this mean that you vote no? Bill Goichberg

I do not object to having a committee. I do object to Louis Blair in
particular.

Louis Blair operates on Wikipedia as well. About one year ago I went
on a binge of posting biographies of Chess Personalities on Wikipedia.

A majority of the members of the current board and most past
presidents of the USCF and editors of Chess Life has a biography
posted by me.

After a while Louis Blair found out about this and went around posting
requests for speedy deletion of about 20 of my biographies of chess
players.

As a result, a bunch of my chess biographies were deleted. More than
that Louis Blair got them to "Salt The Earth" which means that no
biography of these people can ever be posted.

Here are two examples:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julio_César_Ingolotti

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panupand_VIJJUPRABHA

Louis Blair managed to get the entire Right Move Slate of Candidates
for FIDE Election deleted from Wikipedia. This was the slate that this
board supported for FIDE election.

Eventually I managed to get most of these biographies reinstated by
waiting several months and then trying again, when Louis Blair was not
looking. However, by then it was too late to help them win the FIDE
election.

Louis Blair has stated that nothing should be allowed to be posted in
the USCF Forums unless it meets the standards of Wikipedia which
basically require that it have been published in a book.

In short, Louis Blair is a dirty nasty guy who has done a lot of harm
to chess and has not done any good. I strenuously object and will make
a big stink about this if Bill Goichberg goes through with his threat
to put Louis Blair on the Moderation Committee, if he has not done it
already.

PS Once again, AOL is bouncing all my postings. AOL seems to do that
every time I send more than a certain number of emails to AOL users
per day. Will somebody who receives this who is not on AOL kindly
forward it to all the AOLers who are on this list.

Sam Sloan

judgem...@clerk.com

Mar 12, 2007, 8:53:21 PM3/12/07
On 12 Mar, 20:18, "samsloan" <samhsl...@gmail.com> wrote:

You're a crybaby. Grow up chump. Everyone is out to get you, right?
Sleep with the lights on? Your days are numbered.

samsloan

Mar 13, 2007, 8:46:37 AM3/13/07
[quote="chessoffice"]Why did you replace Bill Hall's email address
with mine, and erase Bill Hall's name and info and replace it with my
name?

Bill Goichberg[/quote]

Because this is your motion and Louis Blair is your selection.

You have recently gotten in the habit of having Bill Hall front for
you, for example by saying that it was Bill Hall's idea to establish
patron entry fees into the US Championship whereby even a rank
beginner can play in the US Championship upon payment of $50,000. That
was clearly your idea, not Bill Hall's idea. You did not call for a
vote by the board on this. Instead, you went behind the board's back
by claiming that Bill Hall had done this.

Similarly, putting Louis Blair on the moderation committee even though
every regular member of the USCF Forum can see that Louis Blair is a
highly opinionated and biased person is clearly your idea. The other
two members of your supposed group who determines the moderators are
Bill Hall and Randy Hough who virtually never post there.

Here is one of your recent missives in which you defend your selection
of Louis Blair, in spite of the fact that Louis Blair has lately been
attacking primarily Jim and Frank Berry to whom you have just awarded
the bid to hold the US Chess Championship in Stillwater, Oklahoma.

"Here is a recent post by Louis Blair which says nothing about
publication in a book, but rather that undocumented accusations should
not be allowed. Based on this and many other thoughtful posts, and a
lack of attacking or name calling posts, I think Prof. Blair is a
desirable addition to the committee.

"Bill Goichberg"

Obviously Louis Blair has never attacked Bill Goichberg. Otherwise,
you would be singing a different tune.

Sam Sloan

Louis Blair

Mar 13, 2007, 3:52:38 PM3/13/07
Sam Sloan (samh...@gmail.com) (NNTP-Posting-Host:
69.124.205.180) wrote (12 Mar 2007 17:18:35 -0700):

7 ... After a whileLouisBlairfound out about this and went around
7 posting requests for speedy deletion of about 20 of my
7 biographies of chess players.

_
That is false. No such requests by me ever existed.

_
Sam Sloan (samh...@gmail.com) (NNTP-Posting-Host:
69.124.205.180) wrote (12 Mar 2007 17:18:35 -0700):

7 As a result, a bunch of my chess biographies were deleted.
7 More than thatLouisBlairgot them to "Salt The Earth" which
7 means that no biography of these people can ever be posted.

_
I have made no salt-the-earth requests either. Moreover, I am
no authority at Wikipedia. They do what THEY consider
appropriate, NOT necessarily what I consider appropriate.

_
Sam Sloan (samh...@gmail.com) (NNTP-Posting-Host:
69.124.205.180) wrote (12 Mar 2007 17:18:35 -0700):

7 Here are two examples:
7
7 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julio_César_Ingolotti
7
7 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panupand_VIJJUPRABHA

_
I have written nothing to Wikipedia about Julio César
Ingolotti or Panupand VIJJUPRABHA.

_
Sam Sloan (samh...@gmail.com) (NNTP-Posting-Host:
69.124.205.180) wrote (12 Mar 2007 17:18:35 -0700):

7 LouisBlairmanaged to get the entire Right Move Slate of
7 Candidates for FIDE Election deleted from Wikipedia. ...

_
I have not sent to Wikipedia any of my opinions about the
Right Move Slate of Candidates.

_
Sam Sloan (samh...@gmail.com) (NNTP-Posting-Host:
69.124.205.180) wrote (12 Mar 2007 17:18:35 -0700):

7 ... LouisBlairhas stated that nothing should be allowed to be
7 posted in the USCF Forums unless it meets the standards
7 of Wikipedia ...

_
I have written that I thought the same "approach" as Wikipedia
should be used. I am not advocating that the same rules should
be used. As I previously indicated, what I have in mind is the
idea that criticism should be accompanied by a clear
identification of the evidence.

Message has been deleted

samsloan

Mar 13, 2007, 5:04:21 PM3/13/07
Louis Blair denies that he ever did it, but he did it again TODAY.

Here is a posting today by Louis Blair to the Wikipedia Talk Page of
Uses:JzG who Louis Blair uses to delete my chess boigraphies.

Obviously, in context, Louis Blair is asking User:JzG to go back and
delete some more of my chess Biographies from Wikipedia:

Again?

"... Eventually I managed to get most of these biographies reinstated

by waiting several months and then trying again, when Louis Blair was

not looking. ..." - Sam Sloan (Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:12 pm)

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.chess.politics/browse_frm/thread/7d8fd30b87dcbe95?scoring=d&hl=en

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Requests_for_arbitration&oldid=68693060#Sam_Sloan

(This is posted here by Louis Blair (March 13, 2007))

samsloan

Mar 13, 2007, 5:23:54 PM3/13/07
On Mar 13, 5:04 pm, "samsloan" <samhsl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Louis Blair denies that he ever did it, but he did it again TODAY.
>
> Here is a posting today by Louis Blair to the Wikipedia Talk Page of
> Uses:JzG who Louis Blair uses to delete my chess boigraphies.
>
> Obviously, in context, Louis Blair is asking User:JzG to go back and
> delete some more of my chess Biographies from Wikipedia:
>
> Again?
>
> "... Eventually I managed to get most of these biographies reinstated
> by waiting several months and then trying again, when Louis Blair was
> not looking. ..." - Sam Sloan (Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:12 pm)
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.chess.politics/browse_frm/th...
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Requests_for_arbi...

> (This is posted here by Louis Blair (March 13, 2007))

On July 19, 2006, Louis Blair who posted on Wikipedia as
137.216.208.82 posted 39 times a "Sam Sloan Announcement".

The purpose of these postings were to get my chess biographies deleted
and he succeeded.

Now, today, March 13, 2007, Louis Blair has so far today posted seven
similar notices on Wikipedia to the user talk pages of people he knows
to be hostile to me, such as Bill Brock, for example.

Take a look at the bottom of:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Billbrock

This is a man who Bill Goichberg insists on putting on the Moderation
Committee, a man who obviously wants to stop me from posting to the
chess forums altogether.

Sam Sloan

Louis Blair

Mar 13, 2007, 6:46:00 PM3/13/07
69.124.205.180) wrote (13 Mar 2007 14:04:21 -0700):

7 Louis Blair denies that he ever did it, but he did it again TODAY.
7
7 Here is a posting today by Louis Blair to the Wikipedia Talk
7 Page of Uses:JzG who Louis Blair uses to delete my chess
7 boigraphies.
7
7 Obviously, in context, Louis Blair is asking User:JzG to go
7 back and delete some more of my chess Biographies from
7 Wikipedia:
7
7 Again?
7
7 "... Eventually I managed to get most of these biographies
7 reinstated by waiting several months and then trying again,
7 when Louis Blair was not looking. ..." - Sam Sloan (Mon
7 Mar 12, 2007 6:12 pm)
7
7 http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.chess.politics/browse_frm/thread/7d8fd30b87dcbe95?scoring=d&hl=en
7
7 http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Requests_for_arbitration&oldid=68693060#Sam_Sloan
7
7 (This is posted here by Louis Blair (March 13, 2007))

_
Nonsense. I am not asking for any specific action.
I have only tried to help "Uses:JzG" and others at
Wikipedia to be aware of what is going on. It is up
to them to decide what action is appropriate.

Louis Blair

Mar 13, 2007, 7:02:40 PM3/13/07
Sam Sloan (samh...@gmail.com) (NNTP-Posting-Host:
69.124.205.180) wrote (13 Mar 2007 14:23:54 -0700):

7 ... On July 19, 2006, Louis Blair who posted on Wikipedia as
7 137.216.208.82 posted 39 times a "Sam Sloan Announcement".

_
I sent notes to less than 15 Wikipedia people. Apparently, Sam
Sloan is counting revisions of the same note.

_
Sam Sloan (samh...@gmail.com) (NNTP-Posting-Host:

69.124.205.180) wrote (13 Mar 2007 14:23:54 -0700):

7 The purpose of these postings were to get my chess
7 biographies deleted ...

_
Nonsense. I was not asking for any specific action.
I only tried to help "Uses:JzG" and others at
Wikipedia to be aware of what was going on. It was
up to them to decide what action was appropriate.

_
Sam Sloan (samh...@gmail.com) (NNTP-Posting-Host:

69.124.205.180) wrote (13 Mar 2007 14:23:54 -0700):

7 ... Now, today, March 13, 2007, Louis Blair has so far
7 today posted seven similar notices on Wikipedia to the
7 user talk pages of people he knows to be hostile to me,
7 such as Bill Brock, for example. ...

_
Is there anyone at Wikipedia who knows about Sam
Sloan and is sympathetic to his Wikipedia activity?

_
Sam Sloan (samh...@gmail.com) (NNTP-Posting-Host:

69.124.205.180) wrote (13 Mar 2007 14:23:54 -0700):

7 ... This is ... a man who obviously wants to stop me from
7 posting to the chess forums altogether.

_
Nonsense.

samsloan

Mar 14, 2007, 8:37:01 PM3/14/07
In retaliation for my complaints about Louis Blair on this forum,
Blair has gone over to Wikipedia and started a major allocation which
already today has evoked comments from a dozen administrators.

Take a look at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requests_for_arbitration#Chess_biographies

Right now, because of Louis Blair, they are going around marking all
the chess biographies and chess related articles for deletion that I
have written over the past two years.

They have just marked the biography of Mike Goodall, a candidate for
election here, for deletion.

This has been done by Louis Blair, the man whom Bill Goichberg insists
must be put on the moderation committee of the USCF Forums.

Sam Sloan

samsloan

Mar 14, 2007, 9:50:42 PM3/14/07
You see what is going on. Because of Louis Blair they have deleted the
article about Ali Nihat Yaziki, President of the Turkish Chess
Federation.

Take a look at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Nihat_Yazici

It was there yesterday. It is gone today.

They have also deleted the biographies of Geoffrey Borg, of Robert
Tanner and a bunch of other notable chess personalities, all because
of Louis Blair.

It is impossible to determine how many articles about chess have been
deleted in the past two days because of Blair, because they do not
notify you when an article is removed.

Sam Sloan

samsloan

Mar 14, 2007, 11:01:48 PM3/14/07
[quote="lblair"]I did not write anything to Wikipedia about Ali Nihat
Yazici, Geoffrey Borg, Robert Tanner, and so on. Wikipedia does not
take instructions from me anyway. I assume they did what they did
because of their attempt to apply Wikipedia rules.[/quote]
Louis Blair posted seven times yesterday to the talk pages of
administrators whom he has gotten to deleted my articles in the past
and to the talk page of Bill Brock whom he knows to be very hostile to
me.

Now he says that it had nothing to do with him when my articles
started disappearing from Wikipedia.

Here are some examples:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Rook_wave#Again?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Billbrock#Again.3F
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Howcheng#Again.3F

Louis Blair

Mar 15, 2007, 2:17:32 AM3/15/07
69.124.205.180) wrote (14 Mar 2007 17:37:01 -0700):

7 In retaliation for my complaints about Louis Blair on this forum,
7 Blair has gone over to Wikipedia and started a major allocation
7 which already today has evoked comments from a dozen
7 administrators. ...

_
The first six words are wrong. I think that it is appropriate to try
help Wikipedia to be aware of what is going on, regardless of
whether or not Sam Sloan complains about me.

As for the "allocation", it would seem likely that the main cause
is their opinion of Sam Sloan activity at Wikipedia. My only
contribution was the note (sent to a number of Wikipedia
participants) that Sam Sloan himself quoted on 13 Mar 2007
14:04:21 -0700. It advocated no course of action.

Louis Blair

Mar 15, 2007, 2:40:06 AM3/15/07
69.124.205.180) wrote (14 Mar 2007 18:50:42 -0700):

7 You see what is going on. Because of Louis Blair they have
7 deleted the article about Ali Nihat Yaziki, ...
7 ...
7 They have also deleted the biographies of Geoffrey Borg, of
7 Robert Tanner and a bunch of other notable chess
7 personalities, all because of Louis Blair. ...

_
I did not write anything to Wikipedia about Ali Nihat Yaziki,

Geoffrey Borg, Robert Tanner, and so on. Wikipedia does not
take instructions from me anyway. I assume they did what
they did because of their attempt to apply Wikipedia rules.

On 13 Mar 2007 14:04:21 -0700, Sam Sloan himself quoted
the note that I sent to a number of Wikipedia participants. It

Louis Blair

Mar 15, 2007, 2:57:32 AM3/15/07
69.124.205.180) wrote (14 Mar 2007 20:01:48 -0700):

7 [quote="lblair"]I did not write anything to Wikipedia about Ali
7 Nihat Yazici, Geoffrey Borg, Robert Tanner, and so on.
7 Wikipedia does not take instructions from me anyway. I
7 assume they did what they did because of their attempt to
7 apply Wikipedia rules.[/quote]
7 Louis Blair posted seven times yesterday to the talk pages
7 of administrators whom he has gotten to deleted my articles
7 in the past and to the talk page of Bill Brock whom he knows
7 to be very hostile to me.
7
7 Now he says that it had nothing to do with him when my
7 articles started disappearing from Wikipedia. ...

_
Sam Sloan produces no quote of me saying that because no
such quote exists. Here is something that I did write:

"... My only contribution was the note (sent to a number of
Wikipedia participants) that Sam Sloan himself quoted on Tue
March 13, 2007 3:06 pm. It advocated no course of action."
- Louis Blair (Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:34 pm)

Does Sam Sloan have any quarrel with what I actually wrote?

samsloan

Mar 15, 2007, 5:38:55 AM3/15/07
On Mar 15, 2:57 am, "Louis Blair" <l...@blackburn.edu> wrote:
> Sam Sloan (samhsl...@gmail.com) (NNTP-Posting-Host:

When Louis Blair writes to Bill Brock, known by everyone to be
extremely hostile to me, and to several Wikipedia administrators of
like mind, he does not have to advocate anything.

All he has to do is write, "Take a look at what Sam Sloan posted" and
he knows that they are going to delete it.

The real issue here however is not Louis Blair but the high handedness
of Bill Goichberg in appointing Loius Blair = Bill Brock to the
Moderation Committee, when he knows that Louis Blair will try to
delete ALL my postings from the USCF Forums.

Sam Sloan

Louis Blair

Mar 15, 2007, 6:58:28 AM3/15/07
Sam Sloan (samh...@gmail.com) (NNTP-Posting-Host:
69.124.205.180) wrote (15 Mar 2007 02:38:55 -0700):

7 When Louis Blair writes to Bill Brock, known by everyone
7 to be extremely hostile to me, and to several Wikipedia
7 administrators of like mind, he does not have to advocate
7 anything.
7
7 All he has to do is write, 'Take a look at what Sam Sloan
7 posted' and he knows that they are going to delete it. ...

_
Aren't there easily-located Sam Sloan contributions at
Wikipedia right now? How can that be true if they have
had a prior policy of automatically deleting Sam Sloan
contributions?

By the way, my note did not mention any specific Sam
Sloan Wikipedia biography.

_
Sam Sloan (samh...@gmail.com) (NNTP-Posting-Host:
69.124.205.180) wrote (15 Mar 2007 02:38:55 -0700):

7 ... [Bill Goichberg] knows that Louis Blair will try to
7 delete ALL my postings from the USCF Forums.

_
No such attempt will be made by me.

Louis Blair

Mar 17, 2007, 9:37:21 PM3/17/07
Sam Sloan (samh...@gmail.com) (NNTP-Posting-Host:

69.124.205.180) wrote (14 Mar 2007 17:37:01 -0700):

7 ... Take a look at:
7
7 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requests_for_arbitration#Chess_biographies
7 ...

_
That link is now out-of-date. Here is a more up-to-date link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Requests_for_arbitration&oldid=115765976#Chess_biographies