Re: Prayer service for one Ishmael Sam Sloan

1 view
Message has been deleted

Jerzy

Dec 30, 2004, 3:05:12 AM12/30/04
"Beatriz II" <NOTbea...@NOTuscf.com> wrote in message
news:YLLCJNAS3835...@si93kru1.poster...

> If you disagree you should first see his webshite http://www.ishipress.com
> you will soon change your mind. Is there any crime he has not committed?
> Most his crimes he did outside US.

As usual you are wrong. Sam hasn`t committed any crimes. If he had committed
any he would have been sentenced by the court many times but this is not the
case.

BTW His internet site is a valuable source of chess information.

Regards,

Jerzy

Ray Gordon

Dec 30, 2004, 5:13:23 AM12/30/04
If the service was done over the internet, I don't believe it would hold up
in court.

Jürgen R.

Dec 30, 2004, 5:54:30 AM12/30/04
"Jerzy" <jci...@poczta.fm> wrote:

Jerzy is a Sam Sloan pseudonym. No real person can be as blind as this
and still walk and talk and post on usenet.

Phil

Dec 30, 2004, 7:20:58 AM12/30/04
On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 10:13:23 GMT, "Ray Gordon" <r...@cybersheet.com>
wrote:

>If the service was done over the internet, I don't believe it would hold up
>in court.

Wouldn't organizing the world to pray for someone's death be
considered conspiring to commit murder?

Phil
======
visit the New York City Homebrewers Guild website:
http://www.hbd.org/nychg

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Jerzy

Dec 30, 2004, 8:05:29 AM12/30/04
"Jürgen R." <jur...@web.de> schrieb

> Jerzy is a Sam Sloan pseudonym. No real person can be as blind as this
> and still walk and talk and post on usenet.

Sam Sloan is a real name. My name is also real.
BTW Juergen, what`s your real name ?

Mit freundliche gruesse

Jerzy Ciruk, Polen

Parrthenon

Dec 30, 2004, 10:27:40 AM12/30/04
< Sam hasn`t committed any crimes. If he had committed any he would have been
sentenced by the court many times but this is not the case. BTW His internet
site is a valuable source of chess information. > -- Jerzy

Quite so.

Sam spent some time in jail -- something to do with "abducting" one of his
children. In short, a typical child custody matter.

To call that kind of thing "criminal" is to confuse illegality with
criminality. The two are by no means the same, and the less free we become,
the more weighed down we are by rules and regulations, the more divergent the
two become.

You could argue that Sam is a stinker and this or that, but he is quite
evidently not a criminal. He is, I guess you would have to say, Sam, or S-a-m,
a man of chess, warts and all.

As GM Larry Evans and myself wrote in a prize-winning editorial for a Ft.
Lauderdale newspaper about Bobby Fischer way back in 1992: "You might not want
to shake his hand, but he is no criminal."
"FIDE has made its decision. Players who refuse to be drug tested will not be
able to play chess." -- Dr. Press, co-founder of the FIDE Medical Commission.

Parrthenon

Dec 30, 2004, 11:31:41 AM12/30/04
A reader asked where to find the editorial by GM Larry Evans and this
writer on "The Fischer Indictment" in 1992. It was reposted on January 26,
2004.
http://www.worldchessnetwork.com/English/chessNews/evans/040126.php

Also see http://tinyurl.com/6pf2w (Will Fischer Win The Endgame of his Life?)

Jürgen R.

Dec 30, 2004, 12:43:25 PM12/30/04
parrt...@cs.com (Parrthenon) wrote:

> A reader asked where to find the editorial by GM Larry Evans and this
>writer on "The Fischer Indictment" in 1992. It was reposted on January 26,
>2004.
> http://www.worldchessnetwork.com/English/chessNews/evans/040126.php

It definitely deserves the Sloan Prize.

Tom Klem

Dec 30, 2004, 12:49:44 PM12/30/04
In a Republic, which is what the United States used to be, the existing set
of laws passed by the representatives of the people are what determines who
or what (Sloan's case) a criminal is.

Domestic violence, pedophilia, child endangerment and so forth, are such
serious matters that they have been adjudged by our society to be worthy of
specific laws and penalties thereto.

Perhaps you would rather live in a society where these acts of criminal
behavior go unpunished. Clearly, there are many laws in the Bible and other
human law codes forbidding these kinds of things, but the Bible and the law
has been ignored in this country for nearly a hundred years. Civic
responsibility has gone the way of the dodo bird, and trying to find a
constitutional lawyer that won't be laughed out of a federal court, is a bit
like that famous search for an honest man by a lamp bearer.

The constitution and the laws of the United States are, admittedly, enforced
rather spottily at times, and as in USCF politics, the people get hosed, and
the politicians get rich.

The general disregard for the Laws of the Almighty, have led to the current
disarray in world and domestic affairs, in my opinion, and have spawned the
likes of Sloan. One cannot overemphasize the importance of a good
upbringing, and the wonder of it is how Creighton got the upper hand on his
poor brother. Probably something to do with itchy's proclivity for mailing
the family cat to Abu Dhabi.

In any case, it is a sad state of affairs indeed, when such men in want of
heart (slanderers and libelers) have a ready made defence by our obvious
betters here on these newsgroups; but, as the case may be, you can read all
about it for yourself.

Personally, I enjoy the words of Herman Melville more than you can possibly
imagine, as it is a world devoid of such affairs, and as far as man can
discern, the closest thing to paradise we have had here on earth in awhile.

--
Tom Klem

"For as this appalling ocean surrounds the verdant land, so in the soul of
man there lies one insular Tahiti, full of peace and joy, but encompassed by
all the horrors of the half known life. God keep thee! Push not off from
that isle, thou canst never return!"
---Herman Melville, Moby Dick, Ch. 58

"Parrthenon" <parrt...@cs.com> wrote in message

Nick

Dec 30, 2004, 7:57:56 PM12/30/04
Jürgen R. wrote:
> Jerzy is a Sam Sloan pseudonym.

FM Jerzy Ciruk is not Sam Sloan.

> No real person can be as blind as this and
> still walk and talk and post on usenet.

Juergen, I can understand how you feel.

--Nick

Parrthenon

Dec 30, 2004, 8:44:09 PM12/30/04
DEATH THREATS

< When praying you do not need to give the exact name or location of Ishmael
Sam Sloan. God Almighty knows allready what is in your heart and already knows
who is this Ishmael Sam Sloan and to what place to send his Angel of Death or
Punishment. "Please God Almighty judge Ishmael Sam Sloan now and let us see
your great hand deliver into, into, into him what he justly deserves." > --
Fake Beatriz ll

So we now have a death wish directed at Sam Sloan: that he not merely die but
that he die slowly and painfully from one of those hideous diseases.

We completely condemn this new low in rgcp viciousness. We wait for
Randy Bauer, Stan Booz, ethicist Wick Deer and others to do so.

Our evil Sam Sloan has, to my mind, committed no known crime. His great
brush with the law was a child custody case of the kind that a generation or
two ago would never have been in the courts.

We are told that judges are too afraid of Sam to send him to the hoosegow,
though our Randy Bauer and others here argue he is a pathetic creature who
frightens them not. But Supreme Court judges line up to vote 9-0 to support his
view of a securities case because they tremble in fear. These cowards simply
lacked the guts of a Bauer or a Booz, quite evidently.

We note the utter viciousness directed against Sam Sloan, which we believe will
go unmarked or, quite possibly, be praised by a Bauer or a Booz while ethicist
Deer remains silent because, as he explained earlier, a complaint might be
lodged with his committee.

And so it goes.

Randy Bauer

Dec 30, 2004, 9:03:07 PM12/30/04

> DEATH THREATS
>
> < When praying you do not need to give the exact name or location of
> Ishmael
> Sam Sloan. God Almighty knows allready what is in your heart and already
> knows
> who is this Ishmael Sam Sloan and to what place to send his Angel of Death
> or
> Punishment. "Please God Almighty judge Ishmael Sam Sloan now and let us
> see
> your great hand deliver into, into, into him what he justly deserves."
> > --
> Fake Beatriz ll
>
> So we now have a death wish directed at Sam Sloan: that he not merely die
> but
> that he die slowly and painfully from one of those hideous diseases.
>
> We completely condemn this new low in rgcp viciousness. We wait for
> Randy Bauer, Stan Booz, ethicist Wick Deer and others to do so.

We'll all face our maker some day; I would ask nothing more or less of
anybody when that moment arrives -- that they are justly judged.

Really, Larry, aren't you going a little over the top here?

> Our evil Sam Sloan has, to my mind, committed no known crime. His great
> brush with the law was a child custody case of the kind that a generation
> or
> two ago would never have been in the courts.
>
> We are told that judges are too afraid of Sam to send him to the hoosegow,
> though our Randy Bauer and others here argue he is a pathetic creature who
> frightens them not. But Supreme Court judges line up to vote 9-0 to
> support his
> view of a securities case because they tremble in fear. These cowards
> simply
> lacked the guts of a Bauer or a Booz, quite evidently.

I assume, then, that Larry Parr is trusting Sam Sloan to make his financial
investments? Personally, I'll stick to those worthy of my trust.

> We note the utter viciousness directed against Sam Sloan, which we believe
> will
> go unmarked or, quite possibly, be praised by a Bauer or a Booz while
> ethicist
> Deer remains silent because, as he explained earlier, a complaint might be
> lodged with his committee.

Oh, boo hoo. Sloan refers to respected chess people as "whacko" "notorious
lesbians" and suggests they may steal from the organization, and I'm
supposed to get worked up about the above quote? I guess I'll just leave it
in God's hands.

> And so it goes.

Yes, it sure does. Have you figured out yet that you falsely attributed
statements of Don Schultz to me? Isn't it time for you to fess up to your
sins?

Randy Bauer

Duncan Oxley

Dec 30, 2004, 9:14:45 PM12/30/04

"Parrthenon" <parrt...@cs.com> wrote

> We completely condemn this new low in rgcp viciousness. We wait for
> Randy Bauer, Stan Booz, ethicist Wick Deer and others to do so.

Waddya mean "We" white man?

Matt Nemmers

Dec 30, 2004, 10:30:04 PM12/30/04
"Duncan Oxley" <no@thanks> wrote in message

He means himself and the turd in his pocket.

Regards,

Matt

Parrthenon

Dec 30, 2004, 11:20:34 PM12/30/04
< We completely condemn this new low in rgcp viciousness. We wait for Randy
Bauer, Stan Booz, ethicist Wick Deer and others to do so. > -- Larry Parr

< We'll all face our maker some day; I would ask nothing more or less of
anybody when that moment arrives -- that they are justly judged. Really, Larry,

aren't you going a little over the top here? > -- Randy Bauer

Thus far, have we come.

I was correct. As predicted, Randy Bauer does not condemn the
statement by a person who has wished upon Sam Sloan a long, painful death from
a hideous disease.

Instead, Mr. Bauer says he will leave issues of life and death to God.
I agree with that, but we all know that SUCH IS NOT THE ISSUE.

The issue is False Beatriz calling for a mass prayer to end the life
of Mr. Sloan is an utterly gruesome manner. Ought this kind of viciousness --
on a chess forum of all places, for Pete's sake -- be condemned?

Whatever the answer to that question, we now know Mr. Bauer does not
condemn it. Strange to say, I think that the awful, terrible and scrofulous
Sam Sloan would condemn such a thought were it directed at Randy Bauer. If I
am correct, I can say that therein lies one difference between the two men.

Moreover Mr. Bauer would, it appears from what he has written ,
concur
that such indeed would be one difference between himself and Mr. Sloan.

Strange. I would have no hesitation in condemning such a statement by, say,
GM Larry Evans were he to wish a similar fate upon someone. Painful as it would
be, if Larry were to continue such behavior beyond bearing, I would have to end
our friendship.

< Have you figured out yet that you falsely attributed statements of Don

Schultz to me? Isn't it time for you to fess up to your sins? > -- Randy Bauer

Mr. Bauer alleges that I falsely attributed to him Don Schultz's story
about the "explicit caveat" in which Bill Goichberg would be paid. Show me
where in an entire message. I say that my context was absolutely clear .I was
quoting Mr. Bauer as retailing a story whose source was Mr. Schultz. Indeed, I
seem to recollect quoting from Mr. Schultz's message!

If my recollection is wrong, then someone here should reproduce the
entire exchange in question and show how I misrepresented a point in the
context that everyone knew Mr. Schultz wrote the message in question.

Meanwhile we are still waiting for Mr. Bauer to explain how no pay means
pay.

Randy Bauer

Dec 30, 2004, 11:47:45 PM12/30/04

>< We completely condemn this new low in rgcp viciousness. We wait for Randy
> Bauer, Stan Booz, ethicist Wick Deer and others to do so. > -- Larry Parr
>
> < We'll all face our maker some day; I would ask nothing more or less of
> anybody when that moment arrives -- that they are justly judged. Really,
> Larry,
> aren't you going a little over the top here? > -- Randy Bauer
>
> Thus far, have we come.
>
> I was correct. As predicted, Randy Bauer does not condemn the
> statement by a person who has wished upon Sam Sloan a long, painful death
> from
> a hideous disease.
>
> Instead, Mr. Bauer says he will leave issues of life and death to
> God.
> I agree with that, but we all know that SUCH IS NOT THE ISSUE.
>
> The issue is False Beatriz calling for a mass prayer to end the
> life
> of Mr. Sloan is an utterly gruesome manner. Ought this kind of
> viciousness --
> on a chess forum of all places, for Pete's sake -- be condemned?

Oh, please. Don't you have anything better to do? Isn't there a huge
tragedy confronting the world in the country where you live? I've
contributed money to that cause, isn't it time and money better served than
worrying about whether a newsgroup troll is wishing mass prayer upon Sam
Sloan?

Where, Larry, are your priorities?

> Whatever the answer to that question, we now know Mr. Bauer does
> not
> condemn it. Strange to say, I think that the awful, terrible and
> scrofulous
> Sam Sloan would condemn such a thought were it directed at Randy Bauer.
> If I
> am correct, I can say that therein lies one difference between the two
> men.

Apparently Sam Sloan finds nothing wrong with calling my friends whacko,
notorious Lesbians and suggesting that these otherwise upstanding
individuals will run off with the USCF's money. The difference between "us
men" is related to our service to our community and the way we treat others.
Parr, if you approve of Sloan's treatment of Dubeck, Marinello, and Hanke,
then by all means cast your lot. I won't lose a second of sleep over it.

> Moreover Mr. Bauer would, it appears from what he has written
> ,
> concur
> that such indeed would be one difference between himself and Mr. Sloan.
>
> Strange. I would have no hesitation in condemning such a statement by,
> say,
> GM Larry Evans were he to wish a similar fate upon someone. Painful as it
> would
> be, if Larry were to continue such behavior beyond bearing, I would have
> to end
> our friendship.

Stuff a sock in it.

> < Have you figured out yet that you falsely attributed statements of Don
> Schultz to me? Isn't it time for you to fess up to your sins? > -- Randy
> Bauer
>
> Mr. Bauer alleges that I falsely attributed to him Don Schultz's
> story
> about the "explicit caveat" in which Bill Goichberg would be paid. Show
> me
> where in an entire message. I say that my context was absolutely clear .I
> was
> quoting Mr. Bauer as retailing a story whose source was Mr. Schultz.
> Indeed, I
> seem to recollect quoting from Mr. Schultz's message!

Equivocation of the highest order. Parr claims that I made a statement --
show it, Larry. It doesn't exist. Now I am somehow to "show me where in an
entire message" whatever that silly statement means. I did not "retail" a
story, and Don Schultz, not I, is the person who wrote this story.

No matter. Parr will continue to suggest that I was the person who said it.

Parr is Liarrying. I now understand.

Randy Bauer

Doom & Gloom Dave

Dec 30, 2004, 11:59:39 PM12/30/04
Parrthenon wrote:
> DEATH THREATS
>
> < When praying you do not need to give the exact name or location of
> Ishmael Sam Sloan. God Almighty knows allready what is in your heart
> and already knows who is this Ishmael Sam Sloan and to what place to
> send his Angel of Death or Punishment. "Please God Almighty judge
> Ishmael Sam Sloan now and let us see your great hand deliver into,
> into, into him what he justly deserves." > -- Fake Beatriz ll
>
> So we now have a death wish directed at Sam Sloan: that he not
> merely die but that he die slowly and painfully from one of those
> hideous diseases.
>
> We completely condemn this new low in rgcp viciousness. We
> wait for Randy Bauer, Stan Booz, ethicist Wick Deer and others to do
> so.

People don't decry trolls, that just encourages them. Rational people
ignore them.

Of course I'm sure you know that, you're just using any message posted here
to grind your ax.

Spam Scone

Dec 31, 2004, 12:11:50 AM12/31/04

Parrthenon wrote:
> DEATH THREATS

> So we now have a death wish directed at Sam Sloan: that he not
merely die but
> that he die slowly and painfully from one of those hideous diseases.
>
> We completely condemn this new low in rgcp viciousness. We
wait for
> Randy Bauer, Stan Booz, ethicist Wick Deer and others to do so.

Larry, where were you when Phil Innes wrote the following:

"The FBI will possibly in touch with you Brennen; for your own
expressions
seem to inexplicably engender abuse of others (not only myself). But
for
myself, I simply offer you the reflection that their are sharper
things than
wit.

"And if you fuck with me and mine I will certainly make entirely sure
you
understand me without a shadow of a doubt. I am possibly over my
petit-fascist tolerancing line.

"Is this sufficiently clear?"

And:

"I am prepared to visit you to discuss our differences - what do you
say to
that? You can be up front about it here or simply wait until I show
up. If
you are at all alarmed at the potential threat of this message I
suggest you
contact the FBI."

And:

"Brennen- you fail to understand - you have booked yourself a date!

"You are the motherfucker who has continously excited these events,
based on
ad hominem attack, and who now cannot even remember their consequence,
preferring, as you do, the words of the rascist (and wanker) abuser,
as
apparently did St. Niro.

"Hang on for a month or two if you can, and eventually I'll make it
down and
visit you where you are and we'll get things entirely clear between
us.

"This is not, as you realise, the proverbial threat, but an absolutely
solid
promise of response to continuous provocation against myself and my
family.

"If you want to accelerate the encounter, come."

Where were you when the Innes creature made these threats towards me
and spouted vulgarity about my relations?

Oh, here you were:

"Mr. Innes and I will have to agree to disagree of G &S. Which should
be easy to
do, given that we agree on so many other cultural questions."

slim

Dec 31, 2004, 12:50:30 AM12/31/04

Phil wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 10:13:23 GMT, "Ray Gordon" <r...@cybersheet.com>
> wrote:
>
> >If the service was done over the internet, I don't believe it would hold up
> >in court.
>
> Wouldn't organizing the world to pray for someone's death be
> considered conspiring to commit murder?

Pop open ANOTHER pint 'o Special Holl-O-Daze "Hom*Brew" Phil!!!

--

http://www.bushflash.com/thanks.html
http://www.worldmessenger.20m.com/weapons.html#wms

"Bubba got a BJ, BU$H screwed us all!" - Slim

Parrthenon

Dec 31, 2004, 2:06:58 AM12/31/04
< Oh, please. Don't you have anything better to do? Isn't there a huge
tragedy confronting the world in the country where you live? I've contributed
money to that cause, isn't it time and money better served than worrying about
whether a newsgroup troll is wishing mass prayer upon Sam Sloan? Where, Larry,
are your priorities? > -- Randy Bauer

As I predicted, Randy Bauer won't condemn a gruesome death wish aimed at
Sam Sloan. "Period," to quote Mr. Bauer in another recent context.

I think Sam would condemn such a nasty piece of viciousness if it were
aimed at Randy Bauer. Mr. Bauer himself accepts that this is one difference
between the two men.

It is fortunate that Sam did not wish a horrible death on Mr. Bauer or
Beatriz Marinello or Dr. Leroy Dubeck, whom I count as a friend. I would have
no problem condemning that kind of nastiness if it came from Sam, just as I had
no problem telling Sam he was way out of line about his thievery remarks about
Beatriz, which were, however, of a lesser order than a death wish.

Mr. Bauer, as is his wont, tries to deflect the subject. He says he
gave some money to the tsunami victims. One hopes he did not give it to UNICEF
or any of the official charities flying food and supplies into Aceh. The aid
is been commandeered by the Indonesian army (official excuse: no roads or any
way to distribute it),and the army will use it to feed its own men, who are
fighting against generally justified separatist movements in the archipelago.
Much of the remainder of the aid will go to government cartels who will sell it
off., and much will end up in Swiss bank accounts. The net effect of the aid
will be to bankrupt merchants by distorting market prices and enriching
generals.

For myself, I've given no money. I have spent time trying to contact
people I've known for over a quarter century up on the Thai islands -- mainly
journalists and retired journalists living with their young ladies. I can't
get through to a half dozen of them. One hopes they've been caught up in
rather than overtaken by the horror and are temporarily out of touch. The idea
of these aging friends and their vital young ladies lying dead and bloated on a
beach is appalling.

Now, then, here is the Bauerian deflection: we are discussing vicious
death wishes on this forum because they are part of ... our chess world. We
are not talking about tsunamis because that is a disaster far beyond our
abilities to do anything.

GM Evans told me that American trial lawyers are still trying to figure
out how they can sue God.

We all believe that we can make some difference in our little world of
chess.
Otherwise we would not be fighting it out on this and other forums.

Finally, Mr. Bauer again alleges I attributed comments to him that
were made by Don Schultz. He resolutely refuses to produce in context an
exchange of messages where such is shown to be the case. I state that my
context was obvious and everyone understood the message was written by Don
Schultz. Still, on the basis of refusing to provide evidence of any intent to
mislead, Mr. Bauer has now joined the claque. "Parr," he writes, "is
Liarrying."

I consider this kind of argumentation puerile. Mr. Bauer evidently
considers
it ... up to his usual standard. On that much, the two of us may safely agree.

StanB

Dec 31, 2004, 2:12:37 AM12/31/04

"Parrthenon" <parrt...@cs.com> wrote in message

> Sam spent some time in jail -- something to do with "abducting" one of
> his
> children. In short, a typical child custody matter.

Would you want Sam to have custody of your daughter?

NoMoreChess

Dec 31, 2004, 2:23:55 AM12/31/04
.
I got the impression that the so-called death threats made toward Sloan were
quite vaccuous, since the poster seemed to believe that the Almighty would
respond on cue to his whims. He specifically ruled out the idea of actually
acting violently toward Sam, saying that was the realm of God, not mere
mortals.

>> We completely condemn this new low in rgcp viciousness. We
>>wait for Randy Bauer, Stan Booz, ethicist Wick Deer and others to do so.

While Mr. Parr and his pals are waiting, may I inquire as to why this
meaningless plea to the Almighty is being condemned, while a blind eye is
turned to everything else mentioned by that poster as reasons why Sam should be
"erased"? Is it because Sloan's website is not as offensive as he made it out
to be? Or is it based on an irrational (in my opinion) view that the Almighty
*could* respond to such whims and snuff-out the life of Sam Sloan, who is
(presummably) not worthy of death? Or is it because of fears that some lunatic
might attempt to act on the original posting, despite being specifically
directed otherwise? If only the last of these three, then I can understand.

>for myself, I simply offer you the reflection that their are sharper
>things than wit.

>"And if you fuck with me and mine I will certainly make entirely sure
>you
>understand me without a shadow of a doubt. I am possibly over my
>petit-fascist tolerancing line.

>"Is this sufficiently clear?"

>"I am prepared to visit you to discuss our differences - what do you

>say to that? You can be up front about it here or simply wait until I show
>up

Oh God -- not another Repa clone.

>"Hang on for a month or two if you can, and eventually I'll make it
>down and visit you where you are and we'll get things entirely
>clear between us.

Jason Repa or Phil Innes: you decide. Wait! No ratings insults, so it
couldn't have been Repa then.

>"This is not, as you realise, the proverbial threat, but an absolutely
>solid promise

I used to fly all over the country beating obnoxious people up, but
eventually I grew tired of it, and when I won the Ultimate Fighting
Championships for the third time in a row, I finally realized that people are
just a huge waste of time! Now I wrestle grizzlies and kick-box with kangaroos
and ostriches, and I can say without a doubt there is nothing like facing a
real challenge for a change. If I were ten years younger I would try that
thing with a lion that Samson did, but then, that was probably just an old,
weak lion....

>Larry, where were you when Phil Innes wrote the following:

Malaysia. Phil was in Vermont, and you were in Illinois -- three different
time zones, I might add.

Let me know when Phil and Jason arrive. I want to see them try to get past
the guards and onto the battleship where you are stationed. I mean, these
guys may be *tough,* but those big guns fire a projectile the same weight as a
Volkswagen, with a range of twenty miles! The blast noise alone is
bone-crushing.

"You must be a very good fighter to have gotten past my cow."

Matt Nemmers

Dec 31, 2004, 2:53:20 AM12/31/04

>< Oh, please. Don't you have anything better to do? Isn't there a huge
> tragedy confronting the world in the country where you live? I've
> contributed
> money to that cause, isn't it time and money better served than worrying
> about
> whether a newsgroup troll is wishing mass prayer upon Sam Sloan? Where,
> Larry,
> are your priorities? > -- Randy Bauer
>

> As I predicted, Randy Bauer won't condemn a gruesome death wish aimed
> at
> Sam Sloan. "Period," to quote Mr. Bauer in another recent context.

<SNIP>

Threatening to kill somebody and being indifferent towards their existence
(however they may meet their demise) are two entirely different things.
Mark Twain said it best when he said, "I've never killed anyone, but I have
read a few obituaries with pleasure."

Sloan's loss would not be mourned by many. Except perhaps by Larry Parr and
a few mail-order brides from Thailand and the Middle East. Nevertheless,
that is not the issue. The issue is why Parr has tunnel-vision about
getting Randy Bauer et all to worship at the shrine of political correctness
by condemning the opinion of another poster who wants to see Sloan out of
the gene pool. Who gives a shit.

Get over it, Larry.

MN

NoMoreChess

Dec 31, 2004, 5:16:45 AM12/31/04
.
>> Oh, please. Don't you have anything better to do? Isn't there a huge
>> tragedy confronting the world in the country where you live?
>>Where, Larry, are your priorities? > -- Randy Bauer

Mr. Bauer has a point here (see below regarding "political correctness").

>> As I predicted, Randy Bauer won't condemn a
>>gruesome death wish aimed at Sam Sloan.

Larry Parr has a point here, as the method of death described by that
original poster went beyond merely removing Sloan from the gene pool, as
"Minnesota" put it. He wanted Sloan to suffer a slow, *agonizing* death.

>Threatening to kill somebody and being indifferent towards their existence
>(however they may meet their demise) are two entirely different things.
>Mark Twain said it best when he said, "I've never killed anyone, but I have
>read a few obituaries with pleasure."

> The issue is why Parr has tunnel-vision about

>getting Randy Bauer et all to worship at the shrine of
>political correctness by condemning the opinion of
>another poster who wants to see Sloan out of the gene pool.

>MN

Mr. Parr did not merely condemn an "opinion"; he seems to have taken that
posting as a serious threat. Right now, I can imagine him constructing voodoo
dolls of his many "enemies," and feeding them to his dogs.

I liked Parr's excuses for not doing anything to help the victims because it
might disrupt the free market system, and would merely line the pockets of
corrupt politicians in any case. This is not entirely baseless. Even
better, I liked the one about how we are quite powerless against the immense
powers of nature -- as if helping these victims would require going back in
time, to neutralise the tsunami waves! Once the waves have struck, we can do
absolutely nothing but sit back and watch the body-count increase, so this
un-reasoning goes.

IMO, this is an excellent opportunity to put the U.S. military to some good
use. Search and rescue. Deliver aid directly. That sort of thing.

But then, where are my priorities? I had forgotten for a moment that Sam
Sloan's life may be in danger! We must organize a voodoo-doll hunt, find and
capture the fanatics who are out to kill him! Terrorism must be stopped dead
in its tracks. They want to kill Sloan because he is FREE, like America! They
are jealous. That's why they hate us, why they hate FREEDOM and DEMOCRACY.
Jealousy! Osama bin Laden must be behind this. He knows he'll never be as
good a lawyer or a chessplayer as Sam Sloan. We must hunt down and capture or
kill bin Laden. And there is only one man for a job like this, for a job this
dangerous: Derek Flint.

StanB

Dec 31, 2004, 5:13:29 PM12/31/04

"Jürgen R." <jur...@web.de> wrote in message

>>As usual you are wrong. Sam hasn`t committed any crimes. If he had
>>committed
>>any he would have been sentenced by the court many times but this is not
>>the
>>case.
>>
>>BTW His internet site is a valuable source of chess information.
>>

>>Jerzy
>
> Jerzy is a Sam Sloan pseudonym. No real person can be as blind as this
> and still walk and talk and post on usenet.

We're taking up a collection for Jerzy. We hope to be able to raise enough
to buy him a clue.

StanB

Dec 31, 2004, 5:29:22 PM12/31/04

"Parrthenon" <parrt...@cs.com> wrote in message

> DEATH THREATS
>
> < When praying you do not need to give the exact name or location of
> Ishmael
> Sam Sloan. God Almighty knows allready what is in your heart and already
> knows
> who is this Ishmael Sam Sloan and to what place to send his Angel of Death
> or
> Punishment. "Please God Almighty judge Ishmael Sam Sloan now and let us
> see
> your great hand deliver into, into, into him what he justly deserves."
> > --
> Fake Beatriz ll
>
> So we now have a death wish directed at Sam Sloan: that he not merely die
> but
> that he die slowly and painfully from one of those hideous diseases.
>
> We completely condemn this new low in rgcp viciousness. We wait for
> Randy Bauer, Stan Booz, ethicist Wick Deer and others to do so.

You are a hoot Larry. Your reading comprehension rivals your writings. The
above is a prayer, not a threat. Sam is always in my prayers.

StanB

Dec 31, 2004, 5:32:25 PM12/31/04

"Randy Bauer" <randyba...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Oh, boo hoo. Sloan refers to respected chess people as "whacko"
> "notorious lesbians" and suggests they may steal from the organization,
> and I'm supposed to get worked up about the above quote? I guess I'll
> just leave it in God's hands.

Not just steal, embezzle.

>> And so it goes.

Hi-ho.

StanB

Dec 31, 2004, 5:33:40 PM12/31/04

"Duncan Oxley" <no@thanks> wrote in message

Larry has a turd in his pocket. He carries it for identification.

StanB

Dec 31, 2004, 5:38:11 PM12/31/04

"Parrthenon" <parrt...@cs.com> wrote in message

> Thus far, have we come.
>
> I was correct. As predicted, Randy Bauer does not condemn the
> statement by a person who has wished upon Sam Sloan a long, painful death
> from
> a hideous disease.

Now the original prayer has been spun from a threat into a statement and a
wish. Let us all pray for Larry too.

StanB

Dec 31, 2004, 5:39:37 PM12/31/04

"Spam Scone" <Spam...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I'd dare Innes to come to Chicago and say that stuff.

Mike Murray

Dec 31, 2004, 5:50:48 PM12/31/04
On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 17:29:22 -0500, "StanB" <stan...@comXXXcast.net>
wrote:

>Sam is always in my prayers.

Reminds me of the story about the two old farmers who hated each
other.

One day, in the interest of brotherhood, God appeared to one of them
and offered to grant him a wish -- with the caveat that he would then
grant the other farmer double that.

Said the old farmer, "Dear Lord, take out my left eye".

StanB

Dec 31, 2004, 6:26:18 PM12/31/04

"Parrthenon" <parrt...@cs.com> wrote in message

> As I predicted, Randy Bauer won't condemn a gruesome death wish aimed
> at
> Sam Sloan. "Period," to quote Mr. Bauer in another recent context.

Now we're back to describing a prayer as a threat. A gruesome one at that.
Larry sure can spin some yarn.

StanB

Dec 31, 2004, 6:37:20 PM12/31/04

"NoMoreChess" <nomor...@wmconnect.comkillspam> wrote in message

> .
>>> Oh, please. Don't you have anything better to do? Isn't there a huge
>>> tragedy confronting the world in the country where you live?
>>>Where, Larry, are your priorities? > -- Randy Bauer
>
> Mr. Bauer has a point here (see below regarding "political correctness").

As Randy points out, Larry shows his true colors.

Matt Nemmers

Jan 1, 2005, 2:03:32 PM1/1/05
"StanB" <stan...@comXXXcast.net> wrote in message

ROFLMFAO

Wickdeer3

Jan 3, 2005, 9:57:25 AM1/3/05
Larry Parr wrote:

> Sam spent some time in jail -- something to do with "abducting" one of his
>children. In short, a typical child custody matter.

This is an incorrect statement. The typical child custody matter does not
involve the participants being jailed. My wife did a great deal of child
custody work for 12 years, and only in one case was anybody put in jail, and
then only for one night.

Such a conviction is highly abnormal.

> To call that kind of thing "criminal" is to confuse illegality with
>criminality. The two are by no means the same, and the less free we become,
>the more weighed down we are by rules and regulations, the more divergent the
>two become.

Larry is correct in noting that there is a disctinction between illegality and
criminality; however, Larry is incorrect to characterize Sam's conduct as
merely illegal, not criminal. The court in Virginia convicted Mr. Sloan of a
felony, and sentenced him to 5 years incarceration. This is a criminal matter,
not mere illegality.

The fact that the crime was connected to a child custody dispute does not make
it any less criminal.

A felony is a serious crime, not a mere illegality.

Wick Deer

Parrthenon

Jan 3, 2005, 10:35:26 PM1/3/05
< Larry is correct in noting that there is a disctinction between illegality
and
criminality; however, Larry is incorrect to characterize Sam's conduct as
merely illegal, not criminal. The court in Virginia convicted Mr. Sloan of a
felony, and sentenced him to 5 years incarceration. This is a criminal matter,
not mere illegality. The fact that the crime was connected to a child custody
dispute does not make it any less criminal. A felony is a serious crime, not a
mere illegality. > -- Wick Deer

I am not sure whether Wick Deer and I are talking past each other. If I get
his drift, he is making a distinction between minor jail time infractions or
civil matters on the one hand and major jail time felonies on the other hand.

If so, that was not the distinction I was making.

My distinction, which used Sam's case as an example, is between natural
law, normative understandings of criminality and what constitutes criminality
as written in a legal code by the modern hyperstate.

There are many actions that are legal (Alberto Gonzales made this
argument) that would be considered criminal when norms are treated
traditionally rather than dialectically. There are many illegal acts that may
even be deeply right, which result in major felony criminal convictions. In
the late USSR Union tens of millions innocent citizens were sentenced under
Article 58 for "anti-Soviet propaganda." Those who had the guts actually to
engage in such agitation were heroes in my view, not criminals.

Sam once outlined his conviction. My memory is that he ran away with
his daughter, probably violating some court order. If memory serves me
accurately, then I don't consider this kind of thing criminal. I consider it,
more than likely, the modern state meddling in private family issues.

Message has been deleted

G.Jetson

Jan 7, 2005, 10:01:32 PM1/7/05
.
>To understand how almost every person who reads the web shite of Ishmael
>Sam Sloan sees the work of an evil man,full of deprivity.

Do you have the link (to this page where the comprehensive survey results
referred to above are posted)?

>But Liarry finds no crimes,sees someone who should sometimes be emulated.

Libertarians -- they think Uncle Sam (among many others) should mind their
own business.

>This is because the morality of Laurence Parr and the morality of Ishmael
>Sam Sloan are quite similar moralities.

>My new friend on the UCSF board told to me that Liarry Parr left the US to
>live in Malaysia because Malaysia more fitted Parr's ''special needs''.

I hear there are nice tax breaks for U.S. citizens who live and work abroad.

>Liarry doesn't use or deal in drugs. I am talking about something else.

You are suggesting that Larry Parr has "a thing" for reticulated pythons,
often found in Malaysia?

>My friend explained,some needs are problematic to have in our country.

True, but we do have water moccasins, rattlers, and sidewinders. Must be a
size issue.

>Because if you are caught meeting those needs,it can involve a lot of hot
>water for you.

Ah yes -- the animal abuse people. Imagine them catching someone in the act
of abusing some hapless python.

>Doing what he does,it may be wiser Parr does it in Malaysia.

Perhaps. But some of these pythons are so large that it would be most
UNWISE, if not impossible to....

>No wonder then,Parr chose Malaysia.
>

>No wonder then,Parr commends Ishmael Sam Sloan.
>

>Birds of one feather,....

Eagles? No other bird could even dream of tackling a python, unless it would
be an overgrown ostrich, maybe.

>In many countries,a little money can buy a lot.

Unfortunately, this isn't one of them.

Rob

Jan 8, 2005, 11:34:03 AM1/8/05

the conscience of liarry wrote:

> This is because the morality of Laurence Parr and the morality of
Ishmael
> Sam Sloan are quite similar moralities.
>

> My new friend on the UCSF board told to me that Liarry Parr left the
US to
> live in Malaysia because Malaysia more fitted Parr's ''special
needs''.

> Liarry doesn't use or deal in drugs. I am talking about something
else.

> My friend explained,some needs are problematic to have in our
country.

> Because if you are caught meeting those needs,it can involve a lot of
hot
> water for you.
>

> Doing what he does,it may be wiser Parr does it in Malaysia.
>

> In many countries,a little money can buy a lot.
>

> Buys silence afterward too.

> No wonder then,Parr chose Malaysia.
>

> No wonder then,Parr commends Ishmael Sam Sloan.
>

> Birds of one feather,....
>

> The difference is that Ishmael Sam Sloan boasts of some of his
wickedness
> while Liarry does not. The call to prayer to hope God punishes Sloan
now
> could be extended to Liarry. If what my friend says is even 10%
true,Liarry
> deserves the same as that Sloan.
>

> And so it goes.

Please be man enough to use your real name when you attempt to
deliberatly destroy another persons reputation. If you have nothing to
contribute to the conversation other than personal attacks and finger
pointing; turn off your computer and play video goames with some 8 year
olds. All the negative name calling and petty bickering does nothing to
make someone want to join the USCF or play organized chess.

Please remember that we are all a reflection on the game and
organization we support. We are the best ambassadors of good will for
our chess community. PLease keep that in mind when you mindlessly make
cowardly, slanderous/libelous posts to a news group.
(stepping off my soap box now!)

Rob Mitchell

StanB

Jan 9, 2005, 4:28:37 PM1/9/05

"StanB" <stan...@comXXXcast.net> wrote in message

We patiently wait for Larry to update us on what he is doing to help the
Tsunami victims of his adopted country.

Parrthenon

Jan 9, 2005, 7:36:34 PM1/9/05

STAN BOOZ IS PATIENTLY WAITING

< As I predicted, Randy Bauer won't condemn a gruesome death wish aimed at

Sam Sloan. "Period," to quote Mr. Bauer in another recent context. > -- Larry
Parr

> Now we're back to describing a prayer as a threat. A gruesome one at that.
Larry sure can spin some yarn. We patiently wait for Larry to update us on what

he is doing to help the Tsunami victims of his adopted country. > -- Stan Booz

Our resident CPA poses another stupid question that has nothing to do with
chess but, as always, I am glad to oblige. But first -- to recapitulate.

Someone uttered a prayer which he asked others to join for Sam Sloan not
only to die -- but to die slowly and painfully as from a wasting disease. I
call that a death wish. Indeed, it is a also prayer for a hideous death to be
visited upon another.

Randy Bauer could not bring himself to condemn such a death wish on, of
all places, a chess forum. I think we all can agree, even Mr. Bauer himself,
that his decision is revealing. We may disagree about what it reveals, but we
can draw pointers, if not final conclusions.

As so often before, Mr. Booz betrays his erudition. Malaysia had
virtually no tsunami victims and little property damage. He might as well be
asking me what I did for the car accident victims over here. There was some
coastal property damage on Penang Island. That was about it.

On the other hand, I have kept a small vigil for four among several
friends who lived up in the Thai islands with their vital young lovelies. Most
were lucky, but I still have not established contact with some retired
journalists or their ladies. In addition, one of my daughter's two or three
best friends, a little Indonesian lass named Putri or Princess, has not
returned to the Sayfol School after her holidays. No word of any kind. We
hope she and her parents went off to London which they sometimes do.

Those who know the coastline of western Sumatra will figure a quarter
million to a half million dead if the wave reports were accurate.

-- Larry Parr

OldHaasie

Jan 9, 2005, 7:43:56 PM1/9/05
"We patiently wait for Larry to update us on what he is doing to help the
Tsunami victims of his adopted country." (StanB)
===========
I'm just waving at them.

Old Haasie

StanB

Jan 9, 2005, 8:00:05 PM1/9/05

> Those who know the coastline of western Sumatra will figure a
> quarter
> million to a half million dead if the wave reports were accurate.

What are you doing for their families?

OldHaasie

Jan 9, 2005, 8:43:42 PM1/9/05
I hear the orangutans and other wildlife came thru OK.

Old Haasie

Nick

Jan 18, 2005, 1:52:44 AM1/18/05
Randy Bauer wrote (to Larry Parr):

> "Parrthenon" <parrt...@cs.com> wrote in message
> > (snipped)

> Oh, please. Don't you have anything better to do?
> Isn't there a huge tragedy confronting the world in the
> country where you live?

In fact, Malayasia (where Larry Parr resides now) was
comparatively fortunate with regard to the tsunami.
As of today, the confirmed number of people killed in
Malayasia was 'only' 74, in contrast to more than
100,000 people killed in neighbouring Indonesia.

> I've contributed money to that cause, isn't it time and money
> better served than worrying about whether a newsgroup troll
> is wishing mass prayer upon Sam Sloan?

I concur with Randy Bauer on that point.

> > (snipped)
> > < Have you figured out yet that you falsely attributed
> > statements of Don Schultz to me? Isn't it time for you
> > to fess up to your sins? > -- Randy Bauer
> >
> > Mr. Bauer alleges that I falsely attributed to him Don Schultz's
> > story about the "explicit caveat" in which Bill Goichberg would be
> > paid. Show me where in an entire message. I say that my context
> > was absolutely clear. I was quoting Mr. Bauer as retailing a story
> > whose source was Mr. Schultz. Indeed, I seem to recollect quoting
> > from Mr. Schultz's message!
>
> Equivocation of the highest order. Parr claims that I made a
> statement -- show it, Larry. It doesn't exist. Now I am somehow
> to "show me where in an entire message" whatever that silly statement
> means. I did not "retail" a story, and Don Schultz, not I, is the
> person who wrote this story.
>
> No matter. Parr will continue to suggest that I was the person
> who said it.
>
> Parr is Liarrying. I now understand.
> Randy Bauer

'Liarrying' is 'Parr for the course', so to speak.

--Nick