New Edition of Lasker's Manual of Chess

taylor....@comcast.net

Oct 25, 2008, 12:22:16 PM10/25/08
I'm not in the habit of overtly plugging here books with which I've
been involved, but in this case I'm making an exception. A new edition
of the classic "Lasker's Manual of Chess" is now available:

http://uscfsales.com/item.asp?PID=840

Unlike the familiar Dover reprint, this edition is in figurine
algebraic, rather than descriptive notation, and so is more accessible
to 21st-century readers. Additionally, this new edition has many more
diagrams than the original, a foreword by famed trainer Mark
Dvoretsky, plus photos, bits of Lasker lore, and an appendix of
analytical endnotes in which Lasker's annotations have been augmented
by computer analysis.

Chess One

Oct 25, 2008, 4:04:30 PM10/25/08

<taylor....@comcast.net> wrote in message

Good stuff, and congrats. This is the sort of re-presentation which will be
popular and benefit serious players. This is the sort of stuff that the
Sloan could be publishing, if he understood its worth to current players.
Phil Innes