To John Merlino--

The Man Behind The Curtain

Oct 6, 2005, 7:12:44 PM10/6/05
I know you don't work on Chessmaster anymore, but if you're still in
contact with the folks there I have a suggestion for Chessmaster 11.

I'd like the ability to add my own notes to the on screen bios of the
various personalities. After the info provided ("Sam is a strong
player, with a preference for queen-side attacks. He will also often
trade pieces to simply to the endgame.") I'd like to be able to tack on
my own notes for the next time I play him, same way I'd keep notes of
all my flesh-and-blood opponents. It'd also be cool to be able to
create a tag or link somewhere in said notes that, if clicked on, opens
up a window of my previous games against Sam so that I could study them.

I think keeping dossiers on my opponents would be a cool marketable feature.

John

JVMe...@aol.com

Oct 6, 2005, 8:06:34 PM10/6/05
Sorry, but the last time I spoke with someone involved in the
development of the Chessmaster UI was the day I left Ubi Soft, almost
three years ago. I could try to pass it on to Johan de Koning, but I
don't think he needs to talk very much with the UI guys either....

Actually, the Chessmaster forum appears to be pretty active. You should
give it a try. I think this direct link should work:

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee/forums/a/frm/f/760105752

If it doesn't, go to www.ubisoft.com, click on "Community", then "View
All" in the Forums area, then "Chessmaster".

jm