USCF Chess CD

Jeff LeGay

May 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/20/96

Does anyone know anything about a CD-ROM game called USCF Chess? I see
it advertised in Computer Gaming World but know nothing about it. Can
someone enlighten me? Thanks.

Jeff

Mike Leahy (BOOKUP)

May 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/23/96
to Jeff LeGay

Which issue? Which page?

I have the issue that calls BOOKUP "the cream of the crop!" ;]

Mike Leahy
"The Database Man!"

Erik Kraft

May 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/26/96

Jeff LeGay <JLEGA...@MAIL.UNCH.UNC.EDU> wrote:
>Does anyone know anything about a CD-ROM game called USCF Chess? I see
>it advertised in Computer Gaming World but know nothing about it. Can
>someone enlighten me? Thanks.

_USCF_Chess_ by Interplay will be the only official USCF chess game.
It will be able to provide players with official (??) ratings.
Players will also be able to play via modem or internet and have those games
rated by the USCF.

I met one of the programmers at E3. He was unable to answer simple
questions about who will pay the USCF their 'Rating Tribute', but a
one year membership in the USCF is included in the price.

It is expected to ship Q4 1996.

--
erik kraft
ekr...@ensuing.com [ NeXTMail and MIME okay ]