USCF Chess under NT v4.0

Fernando

Dec 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/25/97

Hello...

Has anyone got USCF Chess to install/run under NT 4.0 SP3 ?

Thanks

Richard T.Blair

Dec 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/25/97

Hey I don't have NT 4.0 just win95 but I had one hell ov a time installing
this game that I just got this morning I must of rebooted a thousand times
autoplay did not work it froze computer messed up my cd-rom driver etc I had
just gotten installed by copying the cd to my hard disk 200megs then
installing from there.I don't know about the engine strength but the
graphics don't look as good as the box the 3d set is too small not what I
expected from the box.no background music like Extreme or Chessmaster. Shoot
I can't even put a music cd in when playing cuz it goes to the cd all the
time. I would only rate this game a 5 out of 10

Kirk bagwl

Dec 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/27/97

Thanks for the info to the group. I was considering buying the program.

skip

Dec 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/27/97

Kirk bagwl wrote:

> Thanks for the info to the group. I was considering buying the program.

Yeah well (ahem), some of us were ignorant enough to actually pre-order
this game. Not only did "some of us" pre-order it, but I am still
waiting to receive it! Imagine now reading about install problems in
this news group. I would assume the only advantage in pre-ordering
anything is that one would get the thing promptly on it's being
released.
Now where DID that turnip truck go..
--
To respond via e-mail replace:
name = [skipt], and the part after the @ is [ix.netcom.com]

mat...@flash.net

Dec 31, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/31/97

Kirk bagwl wrote:

> Thanks for the info to the group. I was considering buying the program.

Got USCF Chess and after an afternoon of messing with it have come to
the conclusion this is another POWER CHESS. Don't big software
companies like Sierra, and now Interplay, use beta testers before
releasing their programs? Or better yet, consult someone who knows
something about playing computer chess (or chess)? To think USCF
endorses this crap!

I won't write a book here, but will give an example. Their big selling
point is you can receive an official national rating (to use in an
actual tournament), but fails to point out you can only play a rated
game as WHITE. The program will not allow you to play BLACK in a rated
game!!! (It does allow you to view the computer's THINKING while
playing a rated game...go figure.)

And graphics! To think that Interplay, the people who bring us Virtual
Pool 2 (awesome graphics) and tons of other great looking games, can't
even give decent 2D or 3D chessboard graphics.