sjeng's suicide tablebases

Jean Efpraxiadis

Jul 10, 2002, 8:49:54 PM7/10/02
Is it possible to use the 3 piece suicide tablebases generated by Sjeng in
my own program? How is the data organized inside the tablebases?

Gian-Carlo Pascutto

Jul 15, 2002, 5:47:49 AM7/15/02

"Jean Efpraxiadis" <jean_efp...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

> Is it possible to use the 3 piece suicide tablebases generated by Sjeng in
> my own program? How is the data organized inside the tablebases?

The source for the generator and probing code is available,
so it should not be hard to figure out, especially as it's
a very straightforward scheme.

If you abide by the GPL, you can just use the probing code
from Sjeng in your program as well.

--
GCP

Jean Efpraxiadis

Jul 15, 2002, 5:59:20 PM7/15/02
The problem is that my home-made suicide chess engine (Selfkiller in FICS)
is written in VB 6 and my understanding of C, C++ is very basic -- at best.

Thanks anyway.
Jean Efpraxiadis

"Gian-Carlo Pascutto" <nat...@hotmail.com> wrote in message