K-Chess Elite 3.5.0.4

PMG

Mar 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/11/00

"Igor Dovečer" wrote:

> In this group everybody speking about Fritz, Winboard, engines, and
> what yoo thin about this great shareware Chess program ?
>
> Find it at:
> http://www.arkangles.com/kchess.htm
>
> ____________
> Igor Dovečer

I think I've tried Kchess occasionally and never though it was
worthwhile, to me that is, I never keep shareware Chess programs other
than the old Now Chess program, that's the only one I have.

Any other downloadable Chess programs that I have are free. Crafty,
Comet, Phalanx, TCB, Little Goliath, Gromit, LambChop, AnMon, Bringer,
etc., etc... are all good strong Winboard engines, I have no need for
shareware at all, it may however be perfect for someone else.

But it just seems to me that if you're going to pay a shareware fee,
that you might as well pay a few dollars more and get a top quality full
feature program. That would be a more efficient use of your money.
Besides, Kchess is ugly, I shovel up better looking stuff than that from
my dog.

Pete

--
That's what they all say,
they all say d'oh... --Chief Wiggum

Igor Dovečer

Mar 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/12/00

Mike S.

Mar 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/12/00

"PMG" <av...@Chicagonet.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> "Igor Dovečer" wrote:
> >
> > In this group everybody speking about Fritz, Winboard, engines,
and
> > what yoo thin about this great shareware Chess program ?
(...)

> Besides, Kchess is ugly, I shovel up better looking stuff than that
from
> my dog.

No, the "Elite" version of Kchess looks nice and the GUI is quite well
done. But the chess engine itself is weak compared to others; I
remember reading that it's some sort of standard chess module from
maybe Borland-C or so... But Kchess has some learning features
(graphical hints on the board) so it might be ok for kids, or for
somone who is not so much into the game.

Regards,
M.Scheidl

PMG

Mar 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/12/00

That would give it a sizable target market.