Whats happening with Chess System Tal?

Torstein Hall

Dec 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/3/96

Hello Chris W.
What is happening to your program? Is it ready to be released soon?
And if so, when? and at what price?
--
Torstein Hall (tors...@eunet.no)
Chess page: http://login.eunet.no/~torshall/sjakk.html

Chris Whittington

Dec 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/3/96

"Torstein Hall" <tors...@login.eunet.no> wrote:

> Hello Chris W.
> What is happening to your program? Is it ready to be released soon?
> And if so, when? and at what price?

You know how it is, these terrible beta testers keep finding bugs
and suggesting features :)

Target January 1997.
Probably 39.99 pounds sterling or 44.99 pounds sterling

Chris Whittington

Torstein Hall

Dec 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/3/96

Chris Whittington <chr...@cpsoft.demon.co.uk> skrev i artikkelen
<84960661...@cpsoft.demon.co.uk>...

Thanks for the info! I have had some bad conoiousnes as I have betatested
your product and said nearly notting. No I understand that I did the right
ting!

Torstein Hall

Chris Whittington

Dec 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/3/96

No, no, say something :)
Better now than later ...

Chris Whittington

> Torstein Hall

John Sargeant

Dec 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/5/96

In article <84960661...@cpsoft.demon.co.uk>, Chris Whittington > You know how it is, these terrible beta testers keep finding bugs

> and suggesting features :)
>
> Target January 1997.
> Probably 39.99 pounds sterling or 44.99 pounds sterling
>
> Chris Whittington

Umm, it appears to be advertised in the current BCM (arrived about a week ago).
Says 39.99. Doesn't say it isn't available yet. Doesn't say how strong it is,
either.
John

brucemo

Dec 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/5/96

Here come the bug reports, Chris :-)

bruce

Komputer Korner

Dec 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/6/96

Chris Whittington wrote:

> "Torstein Hall" <tors...@login.eunet.no> wrote:
> >
> > Hello Chris W.
> > What is happening to your program? Is it ready to be released soon?
> > And if so, when? and at what price?
>
> You know how it is, these terrible beta testers keep finding bugs
> and suggesting features :)
>
> Target January 1997.
> Probably 39.99 pounds sterling or 44.99 pounds sterling
>
> Chris Whittington

Wait till I get a hold of it!
--
Komputer Korner

The komputer that kouldn't keep a password safe from
prying eyes, kouldn't kompute the square root of 36^n,
kouldn't find the real motive in chessbase and missed
the real learning feature of Nimzo. Long live Nimzo!!!!!!

Komputer Korner

Dec 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/6/96

Chris Whittington wrote:

> No, no, say something :)
> Better now than later ...
>
> Chris Whittington
>

> > Torstein Hall

A beta testers job is to spend an enormous amount of time trying to
crash the program and to search for an infinite amount of bugs.

Chris Whittington

Dec 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/6/96

brucemo <bru...@nwlink.com> wrote:

> John Sargeant wrote:
> >
> > In article <84960661...@cpsoft.demon.co.uk>, Chris Whittington > You know how it is, these terrible beta testers keep finding bugs

> > > and suggesting features :)
> > >
> > > Target January 1997.
> > > Probably 39.99 pounds sterling or 44.99 pounds sterling
> > >
> > > Chris Whittington
> > >

> > Umm, it appears to be advertised in the current BCM (arrived about a week ago).
> > Says 39.99. Doesn't say it isn't available yet. Doesn't say how strong it is,
> > either.
> > John
>
> Here come the bug reports, Chris :-)

Thanks !

But we try to get them out of the way *before*.

Chris Whittington

> bruce

Chris Whittington

Dec 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/6/96

Komputer Korner <kor...@netcom.ca> wrote:

> Chris Whittington wrote:
> >

> > No, no, say something :)
> > Better now than later ...
> >
> > Chris Whittington
> >

> > > Torstein Hall
> > >

> A beta testers job is to spend an enormous amount of time trying to
> crash the program and to search for an infinite amount of bugs.

I know. I've gotten the task of beta testing you at the moment.

Only I reckon you're a pre-alpha :)

Chris Whittington

Chris Whittington

Dec 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/6/96

Komputer Korner <kor...@netcom.ca> wrote:

> Chris Whittington wrote:
> >
> > "Torstein Hall" <tors...@login.eunet.no> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello Chris W.
> > > What is happening to your program? Is it ready to be released soon?
> > > And if so, when? and at what price?
> >
> > You know how it is, these terrible beta testers keep finding bugs
> > and suggesting features :)
> >
> > Target January 1997.
> > Probably 39.99 pounds sterling or 44.99 pounds sterling
> >
> > Chris Whittington
> >
> > > --
> > > Torstein Hall (tors...@eunet.no)
> > > Chess page: http://login.eunet.no/~torshall/sjakk.html
> > > Homepage: http://login.eunet.no/~torshall/index.html
>
> Wait till I get a hold of it!

Aaarrrrrggggghhhhh :)

Tim Mirabile

Dec 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/7/96

Chris Whittington <chr...@cpsoft.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>Komputer Korner <kor...@netcom.ca> wrote:
>>
>> Chris Whittington wrote:
>> >

>> > No, no, say something :)
>> > Better now than later ...
>> >
>> > Chris Whittington

>> A beta testers job is to spend an enormous amount of time trying to
>> crash the program and to search for an infinite amount of bugs.
>
>I know. I've gotten the task of beta testing you at the moment.
>
>Only I reckon you're a pre-alpha :)

I think we've found enough bugs to recommend a total rewrite. :)

--
Tim Mirabile <t...@mail.htp.com> - http://www.webcom.com/timm/
Visit my homepage for information on USCF & FIDE rated chess on Long Island.

Chris Whittington

Dec 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/8/96

t...@mail.htp.com (Tim Mirabile) wrote:

> Chris Whittington <chr...@cpsoft.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >Komputer Korner <kor...@netcom.ca> wrote:

> >> A beta testers job is to spend an enormous amount of time trying to
> >> crash the program and to search for an infinite amount of bugs.
> >
> >I know. I've gotten the task of beta testing you at the moment.
> >
> >Only I reckon you're a pre-alpha :)
>
> I think we've found enough bugs to recommend a total rewrite. :)

Does KK have any gold on his PCB's ?

The recycling yard might be interested :)

Chris Whittington

Komputer Korner

Dec 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/11/96

Chris Whittington wrote:

snipped

> Does KK have any gold on his PCB's ?
>
> The recycling yard might be interested :)
>
> Chris Whittington
>

> > --
> > Tim Mirabile <t...@mail.htp.com> - http://www.webcom.com/timm/
> > Visit my homepage for information on USCF & FIDE rated chess on Long Island.
> > TimM on the Free Internet Chess Server - telnet://fics.onenet.net:5000/
> > ICD/Your Move Chess & Games - http://www.icdchess.com/
> > The opinions of my employers are not necessarily mine, and vice versa.

WHAAAAT Do you mean that there are PCB's in komputers? Does that mean
that every dead komputer is toxic waste?
--
Komputer Korner

The komputer that kouldn't keep a password safe from
prying eyes, kouldn't kompute the square root of 36^n,

kouldn't find the real motive in ChessBase and missed

Rolf W. Tueschen

Dec 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/12/96

Komputer Korner <kor...@netcom.ca> wrote:

Believe it or not, dear Komputer, in Germany humans are themseves
*Sondermuell (Toxic garbage)* if burnt after death.

Man had created computers, so komputer definetely is toxic too.

Roman Polanski

Don Fong

Dec 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/14/96

In article <32AF51...@netcom.ca>, Komputer Korner <kor...@netcom.ca> wrote:
>Chris Whittington wrote:
>> Does KK have any gold on his PCB's ?
>>
>> The recycling yard might be interested :)
>
>WHAAAAT Do you mean that there are PCB's in komputers?

Printed Circuit Boards.

>Does that mean that every dead komputer is toxic waste?

lead solder.

Chris Whittington

Dec 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/14/96

Komputer Korner <kor...@netcom.ca> wrote:

> Chris Whittington wrote:
> >
> snipped

> > Does KK have any gold on his PCB's ?
> >
> > The recycling yard might be interested :)
> >
> > Chris Whittington
> >

> > > --
> > > Tim Mirabile <t...@mail.htp.com> - http://www.webcom.com/timm/
> > > Visit my homepage for information on USCF & FIDE rated chess on Long Island.
> > > TimM on the Free Internet Chess Server - telnet://fics.onenet.net:5000/
> > > ICD/Your Move Chess & Games - http://www.icdchess.com/
> > > The opinions of my employers are not necessarily mine, and vice versa.
>
> WHAAAAT Do you mean that there are PCB's in komputers? Does that mean

> that every dead komputer is toxic waste?

KK, stick to the lists and commandments.

Jokes are not your strong point :)

Chris Whittington

Tim Mirabile

Dec 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/15/96

Komputer Korner <kor...@netcom.ca> wrote:

>Chris Whittington wrote:
>>
>snipped
>> Does KK have any gold on his PCB's ?
>>
>> The recycling yard might be interested :)

>WHAAAAT Do you mean that there are PCB's in komputers? Does that mean

>that every dead komputer is toxic waste?

If you are serious, get ready to add another line to your sig file.

John Sargeant

Dec 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/20/96

Fascinating though this discussion of toxic waste is, I'm still curious
to know why the nominal subject of this thread is being advertised as if it
was available now when the author says it's not finished yet. I will probably
buy it iff I can be convinced that that advertising bears some resemblence to
reality.

John

Cpsoft

Dec 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/26/96

John Sargeant <jo...@cs.man.ac.uk> wrote in article <59e02m$4...@m1.cs.man.ac.uk>...

Give me a break, I'm supposed to be on holiday :)

It should be out still for January.

Early adverts ? Just a cock-up, sorry.

BTW adverts *never* bear any relation to reality, I thought you knew that :)

Chris Whittington

>   John

mclane

Dec 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/28/96

>> Fascinating though this discussion of toxic waste is, I'm still curious
>> to know why the nominal subject of this thread is being advertised as if
>it
>> was available now when the author says it's not finished yet. I will
>probably
>> buy it iff I can be convinced that that advertising bears some
>resemblence to
>> reality.

>Give me a break, I'm supposed to be on holiday :)

>It should be out still for January.

>Early adverts ? Just a cock-up, sorry.

Chess System Tal is no advertising! It is a promise !
It is a step into a new century !

It is the reincarnation of TAL. Of the early TAL to me more precise.

mclane

Dec 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/29/96