gambitsoft

Yves Surmont

Oct 21, 2001, 4:42:23 PM10/21/01
whatever happened to gambitsoft. Seems they have not updated their website
for months now...

Luther Barnum

Oct 21, 2001, 5:27:08 PM10/21/01
I noticed that too so I went to www.icdchess.com

"Yves Surmont" <yves_s...@village.uunet.be> wrote in message

Bruce Moreland

Oct 22, 2001, 1:14:48 PM10/22/01

"Yves Surmont" <yves_s...@village.uunet.be> wrote in message
> whatever happened to gambitsoft. Seems they have not updated their website
> for months now...

I don't know exactly. What I have heard leads me to suspect that Bert
Seifriz sold the company, and the guy he sold it to ran it into the ground
almost instantly.

bruce

Mike S.

Oct 22, 2001, 9:03:25 PM10/22/01
"Bruce Moreland" <bru...@seanet.com> schrieb:

> > whatever happened to gambitsoft. Seems they have not updated their
website
> > for months now...
>
> I don't know exactly. What I have heard leads me to suspect that Bert
> Seifriz sold the company, and the guy he sold it to ran it into the
ground
> almost instantly.

No, I think he was very ambitious actually (i.e. with that Shredder vs.
The World internet game among other things). I have bought something
from them several month ago, with no problem and the usual quick
delivery. But meanwhile, concern was expressed too on german message
boards because customers couldn't get in contact. Latest news was that
the new owner temporarily wasn't able to run the business, but returned
to work recently or at least planned to return.

Regards,
Mike Scheidl