USCF chess program

Fred Bouvry

Oct 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/5/98
does anyone tried the official USCF chess program ?
Is there a good pieces set in it ? I think about the newspaper kind one.
And is the USCF rating you get from it near your real life USCF rating ?
Finally, a general impression on this software ? :-)

Thanks in advance.
Fred.

Hansjoerg Zech

Oct 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/5/98
The user interface of USCF chess is very very bad (ugly chess sets,
fixed VGA 640*480 window size, no information about hash tables, ...).
The engine seems to be very strong (Kittinger program) but have
some errors: sometimes the program moves immediately without thinking -
the user had to take manually back such move to get a good move.

But the program has one goody:
Is has endgame tablebases and uses them during search (not only in the root
node)!

Hansjoerg

Fred Bouvry <fr...@palmtime.com> wrote in message
6vab9k$kck$1...@eubuf21.eu.concert.net...

Komputer Korner

Oct 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/5/98
It is on my Krash list.

Komputer Korner
The inkompetent komputer

To send email take the 1 out of my address. My email address is
kor...@netcom.ca but take the 1 out before sending the email.

Fred Bouvry

Oct 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/6/98
Thanks for your two answers...
I bought Fritz5 at half the price due to the mid-november
release of the 32bits version. That ended my mindscape period
with CM5500, too bad CM6000 has been released in such a hurry.
Sincerely,
Fred.
Fred Bouvry mailto:fr...@palmtime.com
PalmTime: http://www.palmtime.com