Giving it back to Mr. Tueschen - the "trial"

Moritz Berger

Dec 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/22/96

The fact that Rolf Tueschen doesn't stop his libelous accusations
leaves only one conclusion to me (please note that I'm emulating
"Tueschen" mode to let him know how it feels to be treated like this):

I herewith accuse Rolf Tueschen of perusing this newsgroup for a mud
campaign against Ed Schroeder.

"Herr" Rolf Tueschen seems to pursue the plan of somebody (as of yet
unkown, maybe some dark forces of the evil empire) who has/have
commercial interests in damaging the good reputation of Ed Schroeder.

I can "prove" this fact (still being in "Tueschen" mode) with the
following facts:

(exhibit I)

- Rolf Tueschen doesn't have any chess-related interest in the
programs involved. He doesn't own them and he doesn't intend to buy
them. In fact, he was never really talking about chess and computers
in the threads where he denounced Ed Schröder.

(exhibit II)

- Rolf Tueschen doesn't stop ranting. Instead of recognizing (at one
point in time) that there is no possible consensus between all
parties involved, he brings up the topic in almost all threads he
participates in. Conclusion: Rolf Tueschen seems to have an
extraordinarly strong motivation to keep throwing mud at Ed Schöder.

(exhibit III)

- Rolf Tueschen insists on playing his dirty games in public. He
wants to do some damage, not to get answers to "questions" as he
calls his accusations. To get computer chess related answers, private
email would have been the best choice. Ed Schröder even offered to
phone Rolf Tueschen at his (Ed's) own expenses to clarify all issues.
But this is obviously not Rolf's aim.
Let's summarize: It's not about chess computers. Rolf Tueschen has a
very strong motivation to continue. It's clearly a one-way
communication (with an audience who perceives the mud that Rolf
Tueschen keeps throwing).

Some possible explanations might be:

a) Rolf has some hidden motivation for his deeds (i.e. money,
commercial interest of which he is suspiciously eager to accuse
others) - I only tend to believe this while in "Tueschen" mode

b) Rolf has some personal problems that would explain some of his
defects - I don't see how this could be relevant to me, since it
doesn't change the effect of his posts (e.g. people leaving this
newsgroup - I don't think that he will manage to damage Ed's
reputation too much, Ed is well known around here and Rolf lacks any
kind of credibility or logic in his arguments).

c) Rolf is simply a misbehaved person (to put it kindly) - then it
doesn't seem desirable to have him around here any longer, either.

d) All of the above.

The verdict: I leave this up to you ...

Suggestion:
Maybe we need to have a rec.games.chess.computers (moderated) as an
alternative to this newsgroup (which could stay for Rolf Tueschen and
his loyal readers). This step never seemed desirable before in the
history of r.g.c.c since Rolf Tueschen is really unique (this is not
a compliment ...).

Moritz (Rolf Tueschen calls me MB ...)

Komputer Korner

Dec 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/22/96

Moritz Berger wrote:

>snipped

> Suggestion:
> Maybe we need to have a rec.games.chess.computers (moderated) as an
> alternative to this newsgroup (which could stay for Rolf Tueschen and
> his loyal readers). This step never seemed desirable before in the
> history of r.g.c.c since Rolf Tueschen is really unique (this is not
> a compliment ...).
>
> Moritz (Rolf Tueschen calls me MB ...)

I thought Chief Prosecutor Mr. Whittington was lining up the case and
seeking witnesses against Mr. Tueschen and was going to deliver his
opening statement in a couple of days.:)
--
Komputer Korner

The komputer that kouldn't keep a password safe from
prying eyes, kouldn't kompute the square root of 36^n,
kouldn't find the real motive in ChessBase and missed
the real learning feature of Nimzo.

Cpsoft

Dec 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/24/96

Komputer Korner <kor...@netcom.ca> wrote in article <32BCE2...@netcom.ca>...

> Moritz Berger wrote:
> >
> >snipped
> > Suggestion:
> > Maybe we need to have a rec.games.chess.computers (moderated) as an
> > alternative to this newsgroup (which could stay for Rolf Tueschen and
> > his loyal readers). This step never seemed desirable before in the
> > history of r.g.c.c since Rolf Tueschen is really unique (this is not
> > a compliment ...).
> >
> > Moritz (Rolf Tueschen calls me MB ...)
>
> I thought Chief Prosecutor Mr. Whittington was lining up the case  and
> seeking witnesses against Mr. Tueschen  and was going to deliver his
> opening statement in a couple of days.:)

Sorry, case had to be abandoned.

We tried swearing in a jury, but couldn't find one (let alone twelve) who
hadn't already formed a less than charitable view of the defendant.

Anyroads he'ld have got off on a 'not guilty on grounds of insanity' defence.

Chris Whittington

Cpsoft

Dec 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/26/96

Moritz Berger <Moritz...@msn.com> wrote in article <000095ce...@msn.com>...

I had hoped he was going to go away, but apparently this is not going
to be the case.

Would somebody like to collect up a grouping of his postings, typically
of the mad non-topic slanderous or sexually disturbed types ?

We could then, as the main posters/readers add our signatures to a
petition to his service provider stating that his posts are highly disruptive
to our small community, and are all deeply off-topic and abusive, that we
would like to see his account closed or curtailed ...... ?

> Suggestion:
> Maybe we need to have a rec.games.chess.computers (moderated) as an
> alternative to this newsgroup (which could stay for Rolf Tueschen and
> his loyal readers). This step never seemed desirable before in the
> history of r.g.c.c since Rolf Tueschen is really unique (this is not
> a compliment ...).

Moderated news would be slow. It takes between 4 hours and 4 days to
process a posting. This time lag, in itself, would be a damage to our group.

Chris Whittington

Komputer Korner

Dec 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/27/96

Cpsoft wrote:

snipped

> Moderated news would be slow. It takes between 4 hours and 4 days to
> process a posting. This time lag, in itself, would be a damage to our
> group.
>
> Chris Whittington
>

> > Moritz (Rolf Tueschen calls me MB ...)

I still think that Rolf deserves at least a trial and you of all people
(Mr. Whittington as Chief Prosecutor of the R.G.C.C.) should grant him
this.
He will probably act in his own defence and might convict himself in the
process.

Cpsoft

Dec 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/27/96

Komputer Korner <kor...@netcom.ca> wrote in article <32C372...@netcom.ca>...
> Cpsoft wrote:
> >
> snipped

> > Moderated news would be slow. It takes between 4 hours and 4 days to
> > process a posting. This time lag, in itself, would be a damage to our
> > group.
> >
> > Chris Whittington
> >

> > > Moritz (Rolf Tueschen calls me MB ...)
> > >

> I still think that Rolf deserves at least a trial and you of all people
> (Mr. Whittington as Chief Prosecutor of the R.G.C.C.) should grant him
> this.
> He will probably act in his own defence and might convict himself in the
> process.

Moritz Berger set out the case. It was a very detailed and precise case.

Tueschen didn't answer.

What do you want, another flame war ? Because my policy is to not
respond to Tueschen. Like with nutters in the street, I cross over and
walk on the other side.

Anyroads, I'm only chief prosecutor of faulty Komputers :)

Chris Whittington

Komputer Korner

Dec 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/28/96

Cpsoft wrote:

snipped

> Anyroads, I'm only chief prosecutor of faulty Komputers :)
>
> Chris Whittington
>

> > --
> > Komputer Korner
> >
> > The komputer that kouldn't keep a password safe from
> > prying eyes, kouldn't kompute the square root of 36^n,
> > kouldn't find the real motive in ChessBase and missed
> > the real learning feature of Nimzo.

IS the defendant Mr. Rolf Tueschen refusing to submit to justice on
the r.g.c.c.? Will this be a trial in absentia? I think we need
Roger Davis the legal guy for advice on how the authorities should
proceed. It looks like the new chief prosecutor is Moritz Berger.
But it is up to the chief prosecutor to call witnesses isn't it?