free Chess for Psion 3 palmtop

Johan Van Barel

Jan 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/14/97

Here's my Chess program for the Psion.
It costed me of a lot of sleepless nights and headaches
because I had to stare for hours at the little Psion screen.

But finally I got it working!
The thinking part of the program is using a min/max algorithm,
written in C on the PC. I used a great tool called 'plink' from
Steve Duncan to generate a Psion binary (thanks Steve!)

The program plays chess in 3 different levels (novice, normal and expert).
It recognizes about 77 great chess openings and allows
to save a played game for later replay.

The shareware version is not crippled by nag screens,
however if you register afterwards, you receive the full version,
which includes a chess openings book containing 77 great openings.
You are free to distribute or copy the unregistered shareware version
of Chess as long as you respect the copyright.

You can download it from:
http://www.ockham.be/jvb

Have fun and mail your suggestions and bugs to:

Johan Van Barel
j...@ockham.be

Charley Moore

Jan 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/16/97

Looks as though it also works on the Siena

--
* * * * Charley : cha...@aitkog.demon.co.uk * * * *