Arasan 4.0 is available

Jon Dart

Jul 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/15/97

The lastest version of my Windows chess program, Arasan, is now
available. You can get it from my web site
(http://www.best.com/~jdart/arasan.htm), but since my Web
provider allows me limited bandwidth for downloads, I'd recommend
that you get it if possible from the upload area at
ftp.pitt.edu (directory group/chess/Uploads). Look for arasan40.exe
(executable) or arasan_source.zip (source). These files will probably
be moved to group/chess/PROG on ftp.pitt.edu soon.

Note that this program requires Windows 95 or Windows NT. It doesn't
run under Windows 3.1. An older version that supports Windows
3.1 is still available on my web site.

Arasan 4.0 generally plays better than version 3.5 and has some
bug fixes. A Winboard client version of Arasan is now distributed
with the program. It includes support for the latest version
of Winboard (3.6) and also ICS support.

--Jon

nobody

Jul 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/15/97

I tried downloading from the upload dir...received permission denied
errors