Deep Sjeng 1.0 released

Lex

Mar 3, 2003, 3:31:53 PM3/3/03
We are pleased to announce the release of Deep Sjeng 1.0

Deep Sjeng is a multiprocessor capable Chess program. It can
take advantage of up to eight processors. The program contains
many personalities that offer different styles of play and
handicap modes that make human errors.

For more information:

http://www.lokasoft.nl/uk/deepsjengintro.htm

Lex

Anon Anonymous

Mar 3, 2003, 7:40:37 PM3/3/03
Congrats Lex!

Can the different Deep Sjeng personalities be played under other GUIs too
(e.g. Fritz?)

I also wish Tiger 15 could be handicapped too. Any plans?

Thanks,

nm

"Lex" <zon...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Lex

Mar 4, 2003, 2:49:53 AM3/4/03
"Anon Anonymous" <an...@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message news:<b40so9$25f$1...@bob.news.rcn.net>...

> Congrats Lex!
>
> Can the different Deep Sjeng personalities be played under other GUIs too
> (e.g. Fritz?)

In theory yes, but this depends if they properly have implemented the
UCI protocol. In the case of fritz8 this does not seem to be the case.

> I also wish Tiger 15 could be handicapped too. Any plans?

Not at this moment, but who knows in the future.

Lex

Gian-Carlo Pascutto

Mar 5, 2003, 6:52:12 AM3/5/03

> "Anon Anonymous" <an...@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message
> > Congrats Lex!
> >
> > Can the different Deep Sjeng personalities be played under other GUIs
too
> > (e.g. Fritz?)
> >

> In theory yes, but this depends if they properly have implemented the
> UCI protocol. In the case of fritz8 this does not seem to be the case.

The problem with Fritz 8 has been fixed, Deep Sjeng's personalities
now work fine under it.

--
GCP

matt -`;'-

Mar 13, 2003, 1:36:47 AM3/13/03

Lex <zon...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Nice looking chess program! As if the list of chess program's i want to buy
isn't long enough. I like the look of the varied strength opponent
levels/style and custom player features. They look like they are designed
to play like the real thing. In theory i should be able to use this chess
engine in my Shredder 6 interface. I am wondering how Kasparov-like it can
play?
--
Matt -`;'-