Booklearning in WChess ?

pit...@aol.com

Jan 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/28/97

Hi all,

is it true, that WChess contains a booklearning feature ?

Any comments ?

Thanks

-Peter

Moritz Berger

Jan 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/29/97

A generic way to find out if a program has learning features is to
look at the most recent timestamps in the program's directory. If the
book file's timestamp has been changed recently, it has booklearning.
Ditto if there are any other files that are updated often and get
bigger and bigger each time the program loses ...

BTW: Does Hiarcs 5 really have a learning feature? I looked at the
files in the directory and none got updated after losses at tournament
time controls (40 / 2h).

Moritz

-------------
Moritz...@msn.com

Komputer Korner

Jan 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/30/97

It is supposed to have a book learning feature.
--
Komputer Korner
The komputer that kouldn't keep a password safe from

Komputer Korner

Jan 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/30/97

Komputer Korner wrote:

> Moritz Berger wrote:
> >

> > BTW: Does Hiarcs 5 really have a learning feature? I looked at the
> > files in the directory and none got updated after losses at tournament
> > time controls (40 / 2h).
> >
> > Moritz

> > Moritz...@msn.com
>
> It is supposed to have a book learning feature.
> --
> Komputer Korner

The last comment was in relation to the Hiarcs question.