Chess System Tal on ICC

Chris Whittington

Nov 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/12/98

CSTal is running currently on Internet Chess Club. Either with handle
cstalx, or by Lonnie Cook using the handle Doctorwho.

Lonnie has a 4-man end-game-table-base version.

cstalx has all the 4-men and also 5-men KQxKQ and KRxKR; and is running in
debug mode at various times during the day. Thanks to Eugene for the egtb
stuff, all is working fine. Eugene's egtb code is fast enough to use from
within the search without any appreciable decrease in node rate.

Human opponents are welcome to try their luck.

Chris Whittington

Komputer Korner

Nov 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/12/98
This sounds interesting. Just wondering why all of the 5 man
tablebases are not used?

Komputer Korner
The inkompetent komputer

To send email take the 1 out of my address. My email address is
kor...@netcom.ca but take the 1 out before sending the email.
Chris Whittington wrote in message
<910879714.25678.0...@news.demon.co.uk>...

Chris Whittington

Nov 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/12/98

Komputer Korner wrote in message ...

>This sounds interesting. Just wondering why all of the 5 man
>tablebases are not used?

Can you get a free sample of a 1000 Gigabyte hard drive for review ?

Then ship it to me ?

Thanks.

Chris Whittington

Robert Hyatt

Nov 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/12/98
Komputer Korner <kor...@netcom.ca> wrote:
: This sounds interesting. Just wondering why all of the 5 man
: tablebases are not used?

Can you spell 20 gigabytes? :)

--
Robert Hyatt Computer and Information Sciences
hy...@cis.uab.edu University of Alabama at Birmingham