Sjeng 12.10 released (UCI support!)

Gian-Carlo Pascutto

Mar 22, 2002, 6:59:30 AM3/22/02
A new version of my chess engine Sjeng is available.

The biggest improvement is that Sjeng now supports
the UCI protocol, which allows you to use it directly
under Fritz 7 or Shredder 6, or any other interface
that has UCI support such as ChessPartner, ChessAssistant,
Arena, and more.

Sjeng also supports the WinBoard 1 and WinBoard 2 protocols.

Additionally, several bugs in the evaluation function
have been fixed, which will lead to stronger play compared
to previous versions, as well as several other minor enhancements.

Sjeng is a free engine and can be downloaded at http://www.sjeng.org

Older versions of Sjeng additionally support several chess
variants such as bughouse, crazyhouse, losers, suicide and giveaway
chess.

--
GCP

Jim Eoff

Mar 23, 2002, 9:03:46 PM3/23/02
Gian-Carlo Pascutto wrote:
> A new version of my chess engine Sjeng is available.
>
> The biggest improvement is that Sjeng now supports
> the UCI protocol, which allows you to use it directly
> under Fritz 7 or Shredder 6, or any other interface
> that has UCI support such as ChessPartner, ChessAssistant,
> Arena, and more.
>
> Sjeng also supports the WinBoard 1 and WinBoard 2 protocols.

What is UCI?

Бакланов Валентин

Mar 24, 2002, 8:13:07 AM3/24/02
You can send me your engine I shall test also the data
I shall inform to you.
Yours faithfully Valentine

Gian-Carlo Pascutto

Mar 24, 2002, 5:10:00 AM3/24/02
"Jim Eoff" <Jim...@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht

Universal Chess Interface

It is a standard that allows the chess engine (the brain, so
to speak) to work under other programs.

For example, Fritz 7 and Shredder 6 support UCI, that means
that you can load up Sjeng in those interfaces to replace
the default chess-engine.

If you know WinBoard (which Sjeng also supports), then UCI
is similar.

--
GCP

Message has been deleted