Looking for SF Bay Area boardgamers!

Mark E. Johnson

Aug 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/7/96

[Note: this post was sent using the "ba" distribution code intending to
limit it to the local area. This feature of usenet is notoriously
unreliable and leaky, however, so don't be upset if this reaches you on
the other side of the planet!]

I'm searching for people interested in meeting for a few hours (not a
marathon Saturday) in the Livermore/Pleasanton/Dublin area to play
any or all types of boardgames of strategy, from family/party games
to wargames to possibly even miniatures. The only games I'm not
interested in are roleplaying games and most collectible card games (I
like those games, too, but have other opportunities to play them).

What sort of games? Well, I'm open to just about anything that can fit
within a reasonable schedule. For example, I'm thinking of games like
History of the World, Illuminati, Cosmic Encounter, Across Five
Aprils, Axis & Allies, Modern Art, Settlers of Cataan, Empire
Builder, Space Hulk, Diplomacy, Ogre/GEV, We The People, Up
Front, Wiz-War, Civilization, Star Fleet Battles, Talisman, Junta from
publishers like Avalon Hill, Ravensburger, Game Designers
Workshop, SPI, The Gamers, Mayfair, Milton Bradley, TimJim,
Victory Games, GMT, Columbia Games, Steve Jackson Games,
Metagaming, Games Workshop, West End Games, Yaquinto...the list
goes on and on!

Please contact me to discuss. Who knows? We might be able to create
a Tri-Valley Game Club!

-MJ

--
Mark Johnson joh...@ccnet.com www.ccnet.com/~johnson

malstrom

Jan 24, 2005, 9:56:02 PM1/24/05
HI mark

Sign -up at my place w'ell have game for you soon

Lawrence