Power Of Yore -- Shark

Hadsil

Apr 15, 2009, 8:02:33 PM4/15/09
SHARK

Takes Over A Player’s Position

You have the power to swallow other players. You do not get any
tokens, bases, cards, Lucre, or other powers. You are not a regular
player. After one challenge has passed, give this power to any
player. He is now the Shark and you take over his position. The new
Shark must wait out a challenge before he can choose a victim as you
did. The Shark may not interfere with the game in any other way. You
are only affected by Super Shark Flare, Cosmic Zaps, and Wild Silencer
Flare.

Use Only In Games With At Least Four Players

FLARE

Wild: When not a main player, you may take over another player's
actions. You play his powers, tokens, cards, etc., for one
challenge. That player may not do anything during this time. Once
you play this card, you may not do so again until the player whose
turn it is goes again. You may use your own powers as normal.

Super: When you are attacked by the Shark, show him this card. He
must wait another challenge.

PULSAR

Con: Shark may not take over the player who is closest to winning.

Pro: If just attacked by the Shark, you may immediately attack someone
else.

Commentary: This is a rules power. This power was not created by me.
This power, along with Zilch, was presented as a means to allow more
than 6 players by I think the old Encounter Magazine that was
published with the original Eon set. I had intended to make Shark a
normal power that could see play. I had eventually abandoned it
because in the long run I felt Shark was not fun to have in play.
When one player has four bases, that position will almost always be
attacked by Shark. When more than one player has 4 bases, whose turn
it is or closest to next gets attacked. However, many years later I
would reexamine the idea. With some tweakage, I created my Beckett
power which is Shark but now one player is always Shark/Beckett and
who gets attacked is more controlled yet Beckett is still a worthy
power, and while annoying, is not a nuisance.

Gerald Katz
Don’t forget to tip the Butler!