So you wanna know how many saved games a FIBS player has?

1 view

Patti Beadles

Dec 28, 2001, 3:39:02 AM12/28/01
I've created a test webpage that will tell you how many games each
player on FIBS has. The information is not 100% reliable, since it
will list the matches that a player has recently completed, unlimited
matches, and other oddities, but it should give you a reasonable
approxmation.

http://fibs.com/savedgames/

Note that it's beta-- I just hacked it together tonight. Feel free
to let me know about any bugs.

Oh, yeah. It's only updated once a day, somewhere around 3 a.m.

-Patti
--
Patti Beadles | Not just your average purple-haired
pat...@gammon.com | degenerate gambling adrenaline

ShalomBrutus

Dec 28, 2001, 12:17:54 PM12/28/01

About time you got around to doing something semi-useful Patti.
I *used* to have a bot on FIBS that tracked dropped matches
(by having "report" and "notify" toggled to on, I monitored
matches that would begin and end, similar to what ls_one does now).

You could ask the bot about a player and it would tell you
not only how many saved matches a player had, but it would
also list the opponents. It was called something like
"pattisabloodyidiot"... I have forgotten.

Oh yes, there is a problem with the list you have Patti, the
very first player listed has no name.

I've sorted the list, and surprise surprise, the most
dropped matches are with bots:

206 gnu
198 MonteCarlo
143 frick
132 mgnutest
109 mgnu_zp
66 NIHILBOT
62 mloner

There are 503 players that have over 10 saved matches.

Here are the top 30 excluding bots (one of my *favorite* idiot droppers
garyKay is right up there... I got *banned* because I used to
abuse this a**hole and Patti didn't like it. I abused him because
I watched him drop and drop and drop.) Believe me, FIBS was
a better place when Brutus was around to yank the chains of these
jerks.

62 gammonExpert
57 dadashi
45 canaletto
44 jazzman
43 alaraso
42 yayagi
41 tryagain
41 Eportolima
40 swaps
40 coachajs
38 SlickWill
38 Reefmon
37 zahava
37 absolute_soul
36 bolero
35 wolfla
35 embun
35 TallOne
35 Beastje
34 Wolfman
34 Tetris
34 Cracker_Jack
33 tesoro
33 cyan
32 ludie
32 garyKay
31 scbot
31 gamsurfer
31 Hectordeschamps
30 iancole

Don Hanlen

Dec 29, 2001, 4:16:01 AM12/29/01

It's an excellent resource, Patti. I predict, though, you will get
more flames than compliments for your efforts. What would be best,
of course, is an implementation such as NOBS has, which has the
capability of a
show saved <name>
command, giving all of the details. Of course the bots have the most
saved, they get dropped the most. This is a programming problem that
would probably have to be addressed by marvin.

Happy New Year Patti and all at FIBS!

--
don

Terry Henley

Dec 29, 2001, 11:00:56 PM12/29/01
This sounds like a fine idea Patti
I notice i have 12 saved matches but most of them are unlimited
matches.
I don't feel these should be included since by definition an unlimited
match is always saved.
How dop others feel about this?

Terry Henley
Halifax on FIBS

Patti Beadles

Dec 30, 2001, 4:08:40 AM12/30/01
In article <3c2e90dd...@news.hfx.eastlink.ca>,

Terry Henley <hen...@globalserve.net> wrote:
>I don't feel these should be included since by definition an unlimited
>match is always saved.

They shouldn't. However, neither should matches that have been
completed during the last day. Doing it the way I did is easy and
resource-light-- I only have to look at a list of matches, not peer
inside each file. Examining each file to determine the state would
be much more resource- and coding-intensive.

I will, however, change the wording at the top to reflect unlimited as
well as recently-completed matches.

-Patti
--
Patti Beadles |
pat...@gammon.com |

Bob Ebbeler

Jan 1, 2002, 11:09:23 AM1/1/02
I think you should STFU and use it for the tool that it is.

NIHILIST

"Terry Henley" <hen...@globalserve.net> wrote in message

Ilia Guzei

Jan 2, 2002, 11:21:33 AM1/2/02
Patti:

Are you planning to involve a bot to "resolve" saved matches after a certain
period of time?

balashiha on FIBS

"Patti Beadles" <pat...@rahul.net> wrote in message

Patti Beadles

Jan 2, 2002, 1:03:34 PM1/2/02
In article <a0vc12$r4a$1...@news.doit.wisc.edu>,

Ilia Guzei <igu...@facstaff.wisc.edu> wrote:
>Are you planning to involve a bot to "resolve" saved matches after a certain
>period of time?

No. The FIBS code is not set up to handle that, and I don't like it
as a technical solution anyway.

-Patti
--
Patti Beadles |
pat...@gammon.com |

http://www.gammon.com/ | If it wasn't for the last minute
or just yell, "Hey, Patti!" | I'd never get anything done!