Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Smerd Yakov

ungelesen,
13.03.2006, 18:32:5013.03.06
an
Anyone know of a good and non-invasive backgammon game that I could
load on an XP 'puter? I can't seem to find one that's very good.
Freeware would be nice, but cheap's good too. Thanks.
Die Nachricht wurde gelöscht

Robi

ungelesen,
13.03.2006, 19:15:4213.03.06
an
you missed BG-Blitz! www.bgblitz.com

:)

"Raccoon" <racg...@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> GNU Backgammon. http://www.gnubg.org/
> World class player/analyzer. Free.
>
> JellyFish Light 3.5. http://www.jellyfish-backgammon.com/download/
> Almost world class player. Free.
>
> Snowie4. http://www.bgsnowie.com/
> World class player/anlyzer. $100 (student version), $380 (full
> version)

Raccoon

ungelesen,
13.03.2006, 19:18:4813.03.06
an

GNU Backgammon. http://www.gnubg.org/
World class player/tutor/analyzer. Free.

BGBlitz. http://www.bgblitz.com/
World class player/tutor but no match analysis yet. Free (free
version), $23 (Player version), $46 (Professional version)

JellyFish Light 3.5. http://www.jellyfish-backgammon.com/download/
Almost world class player. Free.

Snowie4. http://www.bgsnowie.com/
World class player/tutor/analyzer. $100 (student version), $380 (full
version)

No other programs compare to these four.

Raccoon

ungelesen,
13.03.2006, 19:24:4213.03.06
an

Robi wrote:
> you missed BG-Blitz! www.bgblitz.com

Oops! BG-Blitz is also a great program and Frank Berger is tireless
with support and continuing upgrades. I've made an amended post listing
the FOUR programs worth getting.

Smerd Yakov

ungelesen,
13.03.2006, 21:13:2413.03.06
an
Great! Thanks. I'll check 'em out.
Die Nachricht wurde gelöscht

tariak...@gmail.com

ungelesen,
14.03.2006, 07:41:4614.03.06
an
I am completely in love with

BGBlitz
http://www.bgblitz.com

which others have mentioned. It available for Windows, MacOS and Linux
- you need to be able to run Java though

it comes in 3 versions: Free (as in no cost), Player (U$23) and
Professional (U$46) and if you get Player and then want Pro, you can
upgrade for U$23 - http://www.bgblitz.com/price.html

There are many attractive themes available for it -
http://www.bgblitz.com/themes.html - and lots of databases for both
Match (FIBs, GamesGrid) and Position (too many to list here) -
http://www.bgblitz.com/download.html

This program is inexpensive, ESPECIALLY compared to other programs
which can cost up to U$400, and it is also EXCELLENT. sometimes things
that are not pricey are not good, but this is not the case. You get way
more than you pay for.

I cannot say enough good things about the level of support provided by
Frank, he's simply amazing.

I picked up the free version and had quite a few questions, including
one feature that I just couldn't understand how to get working and he
was very patient. I'm upgrading to the Player version as soon as my
bank completes my PayPal funds transer (darn thing takes EIGHT days and
they're killing me with the waiting), and once I grow into that, I'll
upgrade to the Pro version.

----

0 neue Nachrichten