Popinjay at WSOP vid

RazzO

Jun 17, 2012, 2:42:15 PM6/17/12

Wayno

Jun 18, 2012, 12:38:05 AM6/18/12
Very nice. My compliments.
--Wayno
Checklist of Why I did something:

( ) as a result of peer pressure (= in high school)
( ) as a youthful indiscretion (= in college)
( ) recreationally (= in my thirties)
( ) during a difficult period (= forties)
( ) as a part of a pattern of dependency (= fifties)
( ) because I really, really like it (= sixties and beyond)

Wayno

Jun 18, 2012, 12:42:08 AM6/18/12
(...)

popinjay999

Jun 18, 2012, 2:04:16 AM6/18/12
On Jun 17, 11:42 am, "RazzO" <ad8f...@webnntp.invalid> wrote:
> http://m.youtube.com/watch?desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DYx7tukP7aHE&v=Y...
>
> Nice hand, sir!!!!
>
> Darryl 'The  Message'  Phillips

Nice link, sir. What the fuck is this shit? I can't open it, for one
thing, and why is my name on it, for another? I'm going to report
this to Susan, my new Asst.Coordinator.

Susan, please figure out wtf "The Message" is trying to say with this
post, I don't have time for this shit.

-Paul "The Way" Popinjay

RazzO

Jun 18, 2012, 12:48:10 PM6/18/12
Paul it was a case of mistaken identify. Please disregard.
er... heh, I don't think Susan needs to get involved in this.

RazzO

Jun 18, 2012, 12:49:20 PM6/18/12
Wayn0? WTF? How are you?

Dave the Clueless

Jun 18, 2012, 4:49:50 PM6/18/12
On Jun 18 2012 3:04 AM, popinjay999 wrote:

> On Jun 17, 11:42 am, "RazzO" <ad8f...@webnntp.invalid> wrote:
> > http://m.youtube.com/watch?desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DYx7tukP7aHE&v=Y....
> >
> > Nice hand, sir!!!!
> >
> > Darryl 'The  Message'  Phillips
>

> Nice link, sir. What the fuck is this shit? I can't open it, for one

At the top of the page switch from Mobile to Desktop

-------
Arguing with a liberal is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't
matter how good you are at chess since the pigeon is just going to knock
over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around likes it’s victorious.

popinjay999

Jun 18, 2012, 5:11:23 PM6/18/12
On Jun 18, 1:49 pm, "Dave the Clueless" <a987...@webnntp.invalid>
wrote:

> At the top of the page switch from Mobile to Desktop

Ok, thanks for that, I didn't know. I have never had anything mobile
before so I didn't understand. But I will say that it is nice that
this was posted a WHOLE day ago and finally Dave was kind enough to
explain it to me, but NO ONE ELSE said a fucking thing.

Anyway, I watched the video. All I can say is FUCK HER! Cards are
dead, better luck next time.

Why is someone even playing if they don't know to protect their
fucking hand? I don't get it. Is that her first day playing poker?
NO SYMPATHY!!!

Wayno

Jun 18, 2012, 8:33:06 PM6/18/12
On Jun 18 2012 11:49 AM, RazzO wrote:

> Wayn0? WTF? How are you?

Oh, about like I always am, and just like I was before.
Hey R'Man, I've got something I want to send to Doyle. Is there
somewhere I could send it to you that you would get it and then you could
pass it on to him? It's just a T-shirt and a couple small items, but I
think he'd get a kick out of them. Let me know--
Thanks!
Wayno

mo_ntresor

Jun 19, 2012, 11:28:30 AM6/19/12
so the dealer fucks the player who failed to protect her hand, and you
have no sympathy? that's a weird way to think, paul. what the fuck
happened to you?

mo_ntresor

popinjay999

Jun 19, 2012, 11:58:11 AM6/19/12
On Jun 19, 8:28 am, "mo_ntresor" <amontilladofortun...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > Why is someone even playing if they don't know to protect their
> > fucking hand?  I don't get it.  Is that her first day playing poker?
> > NO SYMPATHY!!!
>
> so the dealer fucks the player who failed to protect her hand, and you
> have no sympathy?  that's a weird way to think, paul.  what the fuck
> happened to you?
>
> mo_ntresor

What happened to me? Maybe you should ask what has happened to
poker? In my days of playing live in California, I would never dream
of not holding my cards tight in my hands. Nowadays people just
casually leave their cards laying in front of them, usually with a
chip on them, but that is ridiculous also. So you have a chip on
them, what if cards get thrown from the other side of the table and
slide into your cards with the chip on them? FOULED! And that's WITH
a chip on them, this girl in the video didn't even have a chip on
them. What the fuck is up with THAT? To me, I would NEVER leave my
cards out of my hands even with a chip on them, I always hold my cards
in my hands or in one hand and the only way they are getting away from
me is if I have a heart attack and croak at the table. Was this the
girl's first time playing poker? What the fuck is wrong with people,
leaving their cards unprotected? Don't ask what has happened to me
but rather what has happened to poker? HOLD ONTO YOUR CARDS! Wtf.

-Paul "The Way" Popinjay

mo_ntresor

Jun 19, 2012, 12:15:02 PM6/19/12
On Jun 19 2012 9:58 AM, popinjay999 wrote:

> > so the dealer fucks the player who failed to protect her hand, and you
> > have no sympathy?  that's a weird way to think, paul.  what the fuck
> > happened to you?
>
> What happened to me? Maybe you should ask what has happened to
> poker? In my days of playing live in California, I would never dream
> of not holding my cards tight in my hands. Nowadays people just
> casually leave their cards laying in front of them, usually with a
> chip on them, but that is ridiculous also. So you have a chip on
> them, what if cards get thrown from the other side of the table and
> slide into your cards with the chip on them? FOULED! And that's WITH
> a chip on them, this girl in the video didn't even have a chip on
> them. What the fuck is up with THAT? To me, I would NEVER leave my
> cards out of my hands even with a chip on them, I always hold my cards
> in my hands or in one hand and the only way they are getting away from
> me is if I have a heart attack and croak at the table. Was this the
> girl's first time playing poker? What the fuck is wrong with people,
> leaving their cards unprotected? Don't ask what has happened to me
> but rather what has happened to poker? HOLD ONTO YOUR CARDS! Wtf.

see, here's your problem. the player made a mistake, but she was
colossally fucked by an idiot dealer making an astronomical mistake.
you've lost all perspective.

mo_ntresor

popinjay999

Jun 19, 2012, 12:36:08 PM6/19/12
On Jun 19, 9:15 am, "mo_ntresor" <amontilladofortun...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> see, here's your problem.  the player made a mistake, but she was
> colossally fucked by an idiot dealer making an astronomical mistake.
> you've lost all perspective.
>
> mo_ntresor

Why is that MY problem? Where did I deny that the dealer made an
idiotic mistake? Please show your work.

Speaking of losing all perspective, what happened to individual
responsibility? Perhaps Obama could pass an executive order to avoid
these situations in the future.

By the way, how would you have liked being the opposing player and had
the floorman fish her cards out of the muck and declare the hand
valid? What would your perspective been on that?

bratt

Jun 19, 2012, 12:47:55 PM6/19/12
The dealer was doing his job.

Assistant Newsgroup Coordinator, rec.gambling.poker
Whose stated mission is to call out the Asses on RGP

mo_ntresor

Jun 19, 2012, 12:51:59 PM6/19/12
On Jun 19 2012 10:47 AM, bratt wrote:

> > see, here's your problem. the player made a mistake, but she was
> > colossally fucked by an idiot dealer making an astronomical mistake.
> > you've lost all perspective.
>
> The dealer was doing his job.

LOL
her hand was sitting in front of her, and she declared she was all in.
right?

mo_ntresor

popinjay999

Jun 19, 2012, 1:00:38 PM6/19/12
On Jun 19, 9:51 am, "mo_ntresor" <amontilladofortun...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Let's try a different scenario. Leave the dealer out of it. Someone
on the other side of the table mucks his cards just a little too hard
and they fly into her unprotected hand and mix together. NOW who's to
blame?

mo_ntresor

Jun 19, 2012, 1:00:15 PM6/19/12
On Jun 19 2012 10:36 AM, popinjay999 wrote:

> > see, here's your problem.  the player made a mistake, but she was
> > colossally fucked by an idiot dealer making an astronomical mistake.
> > you've lost all perspective.
>
> Why is that MY problem? Where did I deny that the dealer made an
> idiotic mistake? Please show your work.
>
> Speaking of losing all perspective, what happened to individual
> responsibility? Perhaps Obama could pass an executive order to avoid
> these situations in the future.
>
> By the way, how would you have liked being the opposing player and had
> the floorman fish her cards out of the muck and declare the hand
> valid? What would your perspective been on that?

"Is that her first day playing poker? NO SYMPATHY!!!"

if the dealer made a mistake, the player MUST HAVE GOTTEN FUCKED. did you
just fall off the turnip truck?

mo_ntresor

RazzO

Jun 19, 2012, 1:06:25 PM6/19/12
bratt wrote:
>> The dealer was doing his job.

Well, yea.... but he couldn't have done it any worse.

mo_ntresor

Jun 19, 2012, 1:07:11 PM6/19/12
On Jun 19 2012 11:00 AM, popinjay999 wrote:

> > > The dealer was doing his job.
> >
> > LOL
> > her hand was sitting in front of her, and she declared she was all in.
> > right?
>
> Let's try a different scenario. Leave the dealer out of it. Someone
> on the other side of the table mucks his cards just a little too hard
> and they fly into her unprotected hand and mix together. NOW who's to
> blame?

she said the dealer was doing his job. can you tell me what the fuck
she's talking about? in the scenario you describe, the player who threw
his hand is to blame. that's not a RULING, poppinfresh, that's BLAME.

mo_ntresor

popinjay999

Jun 19, 2012, 1:12:37 PM6/19/12
On Jun 19, 10:00 am, "mo_ntresor" <amontilladofortun...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> if the dealer made a mistake, the player MUST HAVE GOTTEN FUCKED.  did you
> just fall off the turnip truck?
>
> mo_ntresor

Ok, she must have gotten fucked. I'm not interested in arguing with
you, Modeldin. But that's why you protect your hand, so you won't get
fucked. duh, Have you ever been in a real card room?

popinjay999

Jun 19, 2012, 1:21:21 PM6/19/12
On Jun 19, 10:07 am, "mo_ntresor" <amontilladofortun...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> she said the dealer was doing his job.  can you tell me what the fuck
> she's talking about?  in the scenario you describe, the player who threw
> his hand is to blame.  that's not a RULING, poppinfresh, that's BLAME.
>
> mo_ntresor

la la la la I can't hear you anymore, Modeldin.

bratt

Jun 19, 2012, 1:21:14 PM6/19/12
This wasn't an amateur. The first rule of poker (or second after English
only?) is protect your hand. She didn't protect it.

Dealers are trained to scoop in all loose cards. She knew the rule if she
was playing the WSOP.

An argument can made that the dealer should have known that she was all-in
and the hand was live, but that doesn't negate the fact that he did as he
was taught.

Are you saying that he did it on purpose?

RazzO

Jun 19, 2012, 1:28:05 PM6/19/12
Paul wrote:
>> la la la la I can't hear you anymore

All tournament directors announce these things at every Vegas tournament.

1. We play under TDA rules.
2. Protect your hand at all times.
3. Do not discuss your hand or flash cards.

RazzO

Jun 19, 2012, 1:37:59 PM6/19/12
sdbratt wrote:
>> Dealers are trained to scoop in all loose

I'm not sure that dealers are taught to kill live hands. This dealer was on the very outside realm of doing a professional job here.

You would lose any argument that it was his job to kill that hand after this player declared all in. It was her responsibility to protect her hand, indeed, but it was the dealers unprofessionalism that was at fault.

If what you say us true, then a chimpanzee could deal poker.

Heh.

mo_ntresor

Jun 19, 2012, 1:51:04 PM6/19/12
On Jun 19 2012 11:12 AM, popinjay999 wrote:

> > if the dealer made a mistake, the player MUST HAVE GOTTEN FUCKED.  did you
> > just fall off the turnip truck?
>
> Ok, she must have gotten fucked. I'm not interested in arguing with
> you, Modeldin. But that's why you protect your hand, so you won't get
> fucked. duh, Have you ever been in a real card room?

LOL. you said you had ... and forgive me if i've taken your comment out
of context ... "NO SYMPATHY!!!" it takes a really calloused motherfucker
to lack sympathy for a player whose hand got folded by a dipshit dealer.
i'm sympathetic. she got fucked. does it make the ruling wrong? NO.
did i ever say shit about the ruling. NO. the dealer's remains full
retard.

let's talk bigger. what if it was her first damn time playing? do you
think she's going to want to play again after an assjamming like that?

mo_ntresor

mo_ntresor

Jun 19, 2012, 1:57:37 PM6/19/12
On Jun 19 2012 11:21 AM, bratt wrote:

> > she said the dealer was doing his job. can you tell me what the fuck
> > she's talking about? in the scenario you describe, the player who threw
> > his hand is to blame. that's not a RULING, poppinfresh, that's BLAME.
>
> This wasn't an amateur. The first rule of poker (or second after English
> only?) is protect your hand. She didn't protect it.
>
> Dealers are trained to scoop in all loose cards. She knew the rule if she
> was playing the WSOP.
>
> An argument can made that the dealer should have known that she was all-in
> and the hand was live, but that doesn't negate the fact that he did as he
> was taught.
>
> Are you saying that he did it on purpose?

LOL. the dealer said himself he made a mistake. what's the fucking
problem?

consider this a vote for suspension / stripping you of your assistant
coordinator responsibilities.

mo_ntresor

mo_ntresor

Jun 19, 2012, 1:58:24 PM6/19/12
On Jun 19 2012 11:57 AM, mo_ntresor wrote:

> > This wasn't an amateur. The first rule of poker (or second after English
> > only?) is protect your hand. She didn't protect it.
> >
> > Dealers are trained to scoop in all loose cards. She knew the rule if she
> > was playing the WSOP.
> >
> > An argument can made that the dealer should have known that she was all-in
> > and the hand was live, but that doesn't negate the fact that he did as he
> > was taught.
> >
> > Are you saying that he did it on purpose?
>
> LOL. the dealer said himself he made a mistake. what's the fucking
> problem?
>
> consider this a vote for suspension / stripping you of your assistant
> coordinator responsibilities.

and btw, if you're not presently occupying this position, consider my vote
UNCHANGED.

mo_ntresor

bratt

Jun 19, 2012, 2:15:57 PM6/19/12
On Jun 19 2012 12:37 PM, RazzO wrote:

> sdbratt wrote:
> >> Dealers are trained to scoop in all loose
>
> I'm not sure that dealers are taught to kill live hands. This dealer was on
the very outside realm
> of doing a professional job here.

I disagree. I was taught by Kathy Hudsen. If cards on laying on the
table with no protection, the assumption is that is a dead hand.

> You would lose any argument that it was his job to kill that hand after this
player declared all in.
> It was her responsibility to protect her hand, indeed, but it was the
dealers unprofessionalism that
> was at fault.

How slow would games be if the dealer had to do the duty of the players as
well as his own?

> If what you say us true, then a chimpanzee could deal poker.

The chimpanzee would stop at every player and make sure that their intent
was clear. Now we can count on getting 2 hands out a down.

This was NOT an amateur.

> Heh.

bratt

Jun 19, 2012, 2:16:49 PM6/19/12
On Jun 19 2012 12:57 PM, mo_ntresor wrote:

> consider this a vote for suspension / stripping you of your assistant
> coordinator responsibilities.
>
> mo_ntresor

now my itty bitty heart is broken.

Wayno

Jun 19, 2012, 8:50:05 PM6/19/12
Hey, RazzO. Did you see my note, up above?
Thanks,
Wayno

RazzO

Jun 19, 2012, 11:02:28 PM6/19/12
Susan, professional poker dealers don't kill declared all in hands automatically. The protect your hand rule is always applicable, however, this is only for dealers who fuck up the hand
For anyone to state that, in this case, it was the player's fault would be ludicrous .
It was a WSOP championship event. They need to hire dealers who can hear the player right next to the box declare all in.

OK, Kathy?

RazzO

Jun 19, 2012, 11:12:17 PM6/19/12
>>RazzO. Did you see my note?

Wayno, email me and I will give you my addy. You better hurry because he lives in Montana. Who knows when he'll leave after WSOP
I saw him in the Players Kitchen or whatever the night I sweated Phil's 12th.
I'll see if I still have your email. No need to respond here.
.

RazzO

Jun 20, 2012, 12:40:37 AM6/20/12
via Facebook at 6:45pm EST
-----------------------------

Kathy Hudson

i'm not seeing any post just video in the video i'd have to say the dealer was foolish,but equally the player. i've never taught anyone to muck an all-in hand, i have taught people to much unprotected hands. they are not the same.

-----------------------------------

bratt

Jun 20, 2012, 5:25:58 AM6/20/12
I didn't say muck an all-in hand. I said muck loose cards -an
unprotected hand (or if I did indeed say that I misspoke).

Wayno

Jun 20, 2012, 8:40:20 AM6/20/12
Thanks Razz. My email should be the same as it was. I haven't changed it
in forever. But I can't find yours, or think I just have an old one (of
your email, I mean)... Let me know.
Thanks again-- Wayno