UWSWSOP: The Jury is Out -- Day 2

joshzero

May 30, 2004, 1:08:16 PM5/30/04
May 20th裕hursday

I can't take the post-poker boom rhetoric at the $6-12 games anymore.
The long post-mortem "analysis" is driving me up the walls. Fuck
this. I play some $10-20 (where the play is not much better, but
there aren't as many iPod "pros" in the game, and you don't have to
listen to as much bullshit). So, I sit down for about 2 hours at the
Mirage for a pretty uneventful session. Up about $110 I decide I've
had enough and call Peter for lunch. Peter informs me via telephone
that he is sitting in the $10-20 game at a table directly across from
mine. Yeah, I'm pretty observant. He's up $350 which is totally
awesome for Peter, considering he plays so loose. Sometimes back in
New York, he'll read some poker books and tell me that he's going to
tighten up and play well. As soon as he sits down at a table though,
he'll call from some god awful position, laugh, and show me A5o as he
slides a chip over it to protect his hand. Smart guy, absolutely no
self control.

After a little lunch, we all cruise over to the Bellagio for a little
poker action. With Peter, Greg, Rob, Wayne and Dave in tow, we all
put our names down on the long lists. Rob and Greg hit the $4-8
tables for a little revenge, Peter is ready to parlay his winnings in
the $8-16, and I sit $15-30. The game was really great. ("So, how
much did you lose?") It played like a $5-10 at the Taj. Anyway,
according to my trip notebook, I won $440. Sweet. My memory fails
me, but I want to think that all 6 of us killed the games that
afternoon. I remember Dave won a $1000 pot with 57s.

Dinner break at one of the non-descript "Asian Food" restaurants at
the Bellagio, where you can order soba noodles and dim sum with your
$3 side of kimchi, all from the same kitchen. Those places drive me
crazy. I head back to the Mirage for a short $10-20 session where I
win (I can't stop winning!) $100. I go to bed at 10pm. In Las Vegas.
Re-read that. Weird. I go to bed with an extra $1110 in the safe.