Here's a million dollar idea: Bad Beat Hotline 1-800-BAD-BEAT

stan

Sep 27, 2005, 1:57:51 PM9/27/05
Another player and I came up with this idea at the table and I'd like to see if
any venture capitalists here would be interested in providing the seed money.
Need to strike while the poker boom is still hot.

Sample automated script:

"Thank you for calling the Bad Beat Hotline!"

"For Aces cracked, press 1 now."

[random response generator: "He called with what?"]

"Please press the number of outs for your opponent followed by the # sign."

[random response generator: "Yup, donkeys always draw - ain't that the truth."]

[random closing advice: "Dude, you just need to play higher limits - the donkeys
at the low limits always suck out.  Thank you for calling 1-800-BAD-BEAT"]

Posted using RecPoker.com v2.2 - http://www.recpoker.com

ragscollector

Sep 27, 2005, 2:10:32 PM9/27/05
it already exists, read it in card player or maybe an article by andrew feldman
on ESPN

New Feature: Mark All As Read! - http://www.recpoker.com

Quick

Sep 27, 2005, 2:14:14 PM9/27/05
Sorry, we came up with the idea years ago.

Start out with 1-800-BAD-BEAT.
Sympathetically listen to all bad beat stories while
recording them. Once you have a decent database
you open up....

1-800-WORSE-BEAT! Players call in to hear a worse
beat to feel better.

-Quick

stan

Sep 27, 2005, 2:34:22 PM9/27/05
Dang, I guess there really is nothing new under the sun.

MJ

Sep 27, 2005, 2:48:50 PM9/27/05
1-900-BAD-BEAT

"stan" <simo...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Jaffa

Sep 27, 2005, 6:41:51 PM9/27/05
Man, I hope it's not too expensive cos it would cost me a fortune.

:-)

"Quick" <quick71...@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message