OT: You never pray?

Paul Popinjay

May 29, 2007, 7:40:34 PM5/29/07
What do you atheist fucks do when someone you love is really sick or
injured? When your children come down with something that is so serious
that you fear for their coming out of it ok, do you just sit there and
worry? Do you go through your whole lives with no faith, never feeling so
alone and down that you never feel a want for help? Are you so cocky that
you think just because things have been ok so far that you'll never need
some extra help?

It's sad, but I'm too busy to feel sorry for you empty souless fucks. Maybe
I should, but I don't. It's your fucking problem.

And I still don't believe any of you who say that when death is eminent like
if you are falling from a tall building that you wouldn't call out to God to
help you. I know some of you say you wouldn't, but I think you would.

-Paul Popinjay

Auburn Sam

May 29, 2007, 7:48:39 PM5/29/07

On May 29 2007 4:40 PM, Paul Popinjay wrote:

> What do you atheist fucks do when someone you love is really sick or
> injured? When your children come down with something that is so serious
> that you fear for their coming out of it ok, do you just sit there and
> worry? Do you go through your whole lives with no faith, never feeling so
> alone and down that you never feel a want for help? Are you so cocky that
> you think just because things have been ok so far that you'll never need
> some extra help?

Take them to the doctor.

> It's sad, but I'm too busy to feel sorry for you empty souless fucks. Maybe
> I should, but I don't. It's your fucking problem.

Don't be too hard on yourself Mr. P. It's gonna be ok.

> And I still don't believe any of you who say that when death is eminent like
> if you are falling from a tall building that you wouldn't call out to God to
> help you. I know some of you say you wouldn't, but I think you would.

I was in a head on auto accident where the driver of the other car fell asleep
at the wheel. I still remember my exact words in the tenths of seconds I had to
speak:

Oh fuck!

Auburn Sam

> -Paul Popinjay

Block Lists, Favorites, and more - http://www.recpoker.com

doggystyle

May 29, 2007, 7:50:02 PM5/29/07

When someone is sick , I for one count on science to heal them , not some
imaginary "friend'. I , also don't feel alone cause I have no imaginary "friend"
to lean on . Plus I always have Tony Poopjoy!!
Your post is exactly the point to be made about the fallacy of the whole issue.
You were taught by those that fed and kept you safe ,(when you were a
child) that there was some imaginary "being" , that would watch over you. And if
I remember correctly , you are the one who said that if there were no
restrictions , that you would rape , and pilage peaceful people. (about 6 weeks
ago). If that is an example of what you learned .. I will pass . If that is what
your "faith" has done for you , you might want to re-examine. You got way to
much hate to be preaching "soul" to me !!

New Feature: Mark All As Read! - http://www.recpoker.com

WuzYoungOnceToo

May 29, 2007, 7:54:48 PM5/29/07
I'm pretty sure that any single male who's ever waited on the result of a
pregnancy test has prayed. I might not know to whom/what they've directed
their pleadings, but they've definitely prayed.

looking for a better newsgroup-reader? - www.recgroups.com

Rollexx

May 29, 2007, 8:17:24 PM5/29/07

   Your one sick "Fuck"..I'd pray for your soul but I'm afraid its too late!!
Enjoy it in hell..

Your Online Poker Community - http://www.recpoker.com

doggystyle

May 29, 2007, 8:25:20 PM5/29/07
good point !! I will be searching for a church where I can leave money to
promote the brainwashing of other people's children .

On May 29 2007 6:54 PM, WuzYoungOnceToo wrote:

> I'm pretty sure that any single male who's ever waited on the result of a
> pregnancy test has prayed. I might not know to whom/what they've directed
> their pleadings, but they've definitely prayed.

Joe Mion

May 29, 2007, 8:25:30 PM5/29/07
In article <1180482602$100...@recpoker.com>,
doggystyle <4308...@recpoker.com> wrote:

> When someone is sick , I for one count on science to heal them , not some
> imaginary "friend'.

Not only that, but I'd spend a lot of time cursing those people who
"pray" because they spend an inordinate amount of time, money and effort
trying to STOP beneficial scientific progress that would probably help.
If my daughter should die prematurely of some cause that could have been
cured through stem cell research, then I'll know who to blame.

---Joseph

billb

May 29, 2007, 8:26:00 PM5/29/07

"Paul Popinjay" <popi...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but if you believe God is willing
to help you, why not just pray for bad events to not happen in the first
place?

But to answer your question...yes. I worry. In 2005 a talented young surgeon
told me my wife did indeed have Stage 3 cancer and that "I didn't want to
know" her chances. No, I haven't prayed once. I have worried a lot. I do
have quite a bit of faith in science.

doggystyle

May 29, 2007, 8:38:49 PM5/29/07
hey poopinjay ? ever think maybe you stepped on your dick with this thread? It
seems to be a real hit!! I think you swayed them all!!

On May 29 2007 7:26 PM, billb wrote:

> "Paul Popinjay" wrote in message

The Largest Online Poker Community - http://www.recpoker.com

brewmaster

May 29, 2007, 8:39:25 PM5/29/07
Every civilized society needs laws to prevent people from going Popinjay
on everybody. However they don't need to be ascribed to god (although
that works well to keep MORE people inline). It is really very simple,
follow the "golden rule" and you will generally not be too far wrong. You
know, "do unto others..." The golden rule isn't religious, it is
practical.

* kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more.. www.recgroups.com

Paul Popinjay

May 29, 2007, 8:45:46 PM5/29/07
"doggystyle" <4308...@recpoker.com> wrote in message

> And if
> I remember correctly , you are the one who said that if there were no
> restrictions , that you would rape , and pilage peaceful people.

I remember the thread, and you may be taking it out of contest. I think we
were talking about the moral issue behind our criminal code, and why we have
to have laws which essentially do legislate morality. That's obvious. If
it were legal to rob, rape, and pillage, there isn't a person on this
newsgroup who would not do all of those things if there were no legal
repercussions against such behavior, and you know it.

-Paul Popinjay

boom boom-

May 29, 2007, 8:54:35 PM5/29/07

boom boom-

May 29, 2007, 8:55:56 PM5/29/07

On May 29 2007 7:40 PM, Paul Popinjay wrote:

Old army saying."There are no athiests in the foxholes during a shelling.

doggystyle

May 29, 2007, 9:02:11 PM5/29/07
Well at least you are just plain misguided , and not misguided , and a liar. And
, no , most here would not , but plainly , you would hurt others if unrestricted
, nice little "faith" you got going there. Please make a choice , crack pipe or
computer. The 2 should never be mixed!! And by the way, if someone I knew was
being raped by someone like you, I would not pray to your "god". Doesnt seem
prudent.  Please dont take this out of "contest". ( it is 'context")

Paul Popinjay

May 29, 2007, 9:21:41 PM5/29/07

> Please dont take this out of "contest". ( it is 'context")

Oh sure, bring up my misspelling. You know what they say. When you have to
bring up someone's misspelling then you know you have lost the argument.
And you know damn well, if there were no laws against rape and theft based
on the Ten Commandments, and you were driving along and saw some really hot
blonde stranded on the side of the road, you know damn well that there is
not a ONE person on this newsgroup who wouldn't do her, and then steal her
hubcaps. And you KNOW it. Hypocrite!

-Paul Popinjay

doggystyle

May 29, 2007, 9:33:59 PM5/29/07
sad = oh so sad!!

On May 29 2007 8:21 PM, Paul Popinjay wrote:

* New Release: RecPoker.com v2.2 - http://www.recpoker.com

Paul Popinjay

May 29, 2007, 9:42:34 PM5/29/07

> sad = oh so sad!!

Hey, I finally got the big mouth to shut his fucking trap. He knows damn
well he would be a thief or a rapist and all he can do is resort to
correcting my spelling and issuing empty one-liners. Perhaps it's time for
you to tuck your tail between your legs and slink off wimpering, muttstyle.

-Paul Popinjay

Gary Carson

May 29, 2007, 10:16:48 PM5/29/07

On May 29 2007 7:55 PM, boom boom- wrote:

> On May 29 2007 7:40 PM, Paul Popinjay wrote:
>
> > What do you atheist fucks do when someone you love is really sick or
> > injured? When your children come down with something that is so serious
> > that you fear for their coming out of it ok, do you just sit there and
> > worry? Do you go through your whole lives with no faith, never feeling so
> > alone and down that you never feel a want for help? Are you so cocky that
> > you think just because things have been ok so far that you'll never need
> > some extra help?
> >
> > It's sad, but I'm too busy to feel sorry for you empty souless fucks. Maybe
> > I should, but I don't. It's your fucking problem.
> >
> > And I still don't believe any of you who say that when death is eminent like
> >
> > if you are falling from a tall building that you wouldn't call out to God to
> >
> > help you. I know some of you say you wouldn't, but I think you would.
> >
> > -Paul Popinjay
> Old army saying."There are no athiests in the foxholes during a shelling.

Draftees are a bunch of stupid fucks but I think it's an old chaplian saying,
not army saying.

When I was shelled I never had a foxhole, also never had a god to pray to.
Sometimes I had a really big gun I could load, sometimes I had a really fast
ship I could steer a heading of due East while somebody else loaded the really
big gun.

It's been my experience that people who do something in response to danger tend
to live longer than those whose preferred response is praying.

Gary Carson
http://www.garycarson.com

WG

May 29, 2007, 10:46:18 PM5/29/07

Nothing in the history of Mankind has a greater failure rate than
prayer.

Paul Popinjay

May 29, 2007, 10:56:53 PM5/29/07
"WG" <wgil...@i-zoom.net> wrote in message

> Nothing in the history of Mankind has a greater failure rate than
> prayer.

How the fuck do you know? He answers prayers, when he FEELS like it. I can
understand that. If I was God, I wouldn't be answering a lot of these
prayers either. People are just a little too ungrateful. Fuck 'em.

-Paul Popinjay

pltrgyst

May 29, 2007, 11:13:36 PM5/29/07
On Wed, 30 May 07 0:55:56 GMT, boom boom- <thund...@aol.com> wrote:

>Old army saying."There are no athiests in the foxholes during a shelling.

Old army bullshit. In my two years in Nam, it never occurred to me to
resort to prayer. That includes more than one firefight in the An Khe
pass, in case you've ever heard of it.

And in our base camp of roughly 1200 men, the chapel used to get huge
crowds of twenty or thirty for services.

-- Larry

Maverick

May 29, 2007, 11:17:08 PM5/29/07
On May 29, 4:40�pm, "Paul Popinjay" <popin...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> What do you atheist fucks do when someone you love is really sick or
> injured?

Funny you should ask as my best friend is experiencing being in Stage
4 of a terminal cancer and he happens to be a christian and knows I'm
not. Rather than desperate hope, I provided what I thought to be
sound encouragement and help in decision making over his treatment.
Futhermore, I supported him in his own prayers if that belief gave him
any positive hope of being cured. Now, I wouldn't really call myself
an atheist, but I'm certain that Christianity is bullshit.

�When your children come down with something that is so serious

> that you fear for their coming out of it ok, do you just sit there and
> worry?

I'm more of a believer in taking action rather than sitting around
hoping some god will answer a wish.

>Do you go through your whole lives with no >faith, never feeling so
> alone and down that you never feel a want for >help?

Everyone gets down occasionally, but I've gone through enough life to
know that you are the only one who can help yourself and the quicker
you do it, the better.

> Are you so cocky that
> you think just because things have been ok so far that you'll never need
> some extra help?

That type of cockiness comes from the experience of having dealt with
those situations successfully.

> It's sad, but I'm too busy to feel sorry for you empty souless fucks.  Maybe
> I should, but I don't.  It's your fucking problem.

Don't worry. I'll still have hope for you idiot christians who waste
your life worshipping bullshit.

> And I still don't believe any of you who say that when death is eminent like
> if you are falling from a tall building that you wouldn't call out to God to
> help you.

1. I don't blame any atheist in a desperate situation who grasps at
any straws no matter how unlikely.
2. Simply because one calls out hope for a god, doesn't mean that god
exists.
3. I'm living proof of someone being capable of dealing with a deadly
situation and not calling out to god. Deadly situations happen so
fast you really don't have time to think...just time to act.

>  I know some of you say you wouldn't, but I >think you would.

I didn't...several times.

> -Paul Popinjay

scotty

May 29, 2007, 11:35:22 PM5/29/07
On May 29, 8:45 pm, "Paul Popinjay" <popin...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> "doggystyle" <43087...@recpoker.com> wrote in message

Can you explain Exodus 21:7 where it gives me permission to sell my
daughter into slavery?

pltrgyst

May 30, 2007, 12:04:03 AM5/30/07
On 29 May 2007 20:35:22 -0700, scotty <bnb...@comcast.net> wrote:

>Can you explain Exodus 21:7 where it gives me permission to sell my
>daughter into slavery?

It's an oblique reference to Catholic schools.

-- Larry

Gary Carson

May 30, 2007, 12:03:23 AM5/30/07

On May 29 2007 10:35 PM, scotty wrote:

What's so hard to understand?  It's your daughter.  It's not like God would give
a shit what happens to a woman.

Gary Carson
http://www.garycarson.com

Your Online Poker Community - http://www.recpoker.com

art_classmn

May 30, 2007, 12:35:38 AM5/30/07
On May 29, 6:40 pm, "Paul Popinjay" <popin...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> What do you atheist fucks do when someone you love is really sick or
> injured? When your children come down with something that is so serious
> that you fear for their coming out of it ok, do you just sit there and
> worry?

The vast majority of atheists would ensure they get medical
attention. What do you do, troll?

> Do you go through your whole lives with no faith, never feeling so
> alone and down that you never feel a want for help?

If "no faith" means we don't believe in invisible supernatural beings,
we are guilty. Feeling alone or down or needing may or may not happen
in anyone's life regardless of belief in fairy tales.

> Are you so cocky that
> you think just because things have been ok so far that you'll never need
> some extra help?

You are the only cocky dipshit in the conversation. You actually
believe that some invisible being will help you.

There is no evidence that "extra help" arrives in the form of
supernatural forces. Unless you mean that idiot's tapestry that
helped him win at poker for an hour.

> It's sad, but I'm too busy to feel sorry for you empty souless fucks. Maybe
> I should, but I don't. It's your fucking problem.

I'm sure no one gives a shit what you feel. Is not believing in Baal
or Hera or the Flying Spaghetti Monster "your fucking problem"?

> And I still don't believe any of you who say that when death is eminent like
> if you are falling from a tall building that you wouldn't call out to God to
> help you.

A lot of people fell from a tall building on 9/11. I'm sure many of
them probably called out to this "god" you mention.

How many did he save? Why did your god ignore their pleas? In the
Katrina disaster, how many people died in the stifling heat of their
attics calling out to Jeebus for help? Why were they ignored?

>I know some of you say you wouldn't, but I think you would.

They can call out to god or spiderman or the great pumpkin.

None would save them.

I know you are trolling, but are you really this stupid?

art_classmn

May 30, 2007, 12:36:21 AM5/30/07
On May 29, 6:54 pm, "WuzYoungOnceToo" <WuzYoungOnce...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> I'm pretty sure that any single male who's ever waited on the result of a
> pregnancy test has prayed. I might not know to whom/what they've directed
> their pleadings, but they've definitely prayed.

And how did their prayers affect the result of the test?

eleaticus

May 30, 2007, 1:57:57 AM5/30/07

"art_classmn" <art_c...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> On May 29, 6:40 pm, "Paul Popinjay" <popin...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> > What do you atheist fucks do when someone you love is really sick or
> > injured? When your children come down with something that is so serious
> > that you fear for their coming out of it ok, do you just sit there and
> > worry?
>
> The vast majority of atheists would ensure they get medical
> attention. What do you do, troll?
>
> > Do you go through your whole lives with no faith, never feeling so
> > alone and down that you never feel a want for help?
>
> If "no faith" means we don't believe in invisible supernatural beings,
> we are guilty. Feeling alone or down or needing may or may not happen
> in anyone's life regardless of belief in fairy tales.
>
> > Are you so cocky that
> > you think just because things have been ok so far that you'll never need
> > some extra help?
>
> You are the only cocky dipshit in the conversation. You actually
> believe that some invisible being will help you.

lol

Don't you want to reverse that last sentence after thinking ... hmmm, how
long you been around here?

eleaticus
ee-lee-AT-i-cus

leande...@hotmail.com

May 30, 2007, 1:10:17 AM5/30/07
On 29 May, 20:21, "Paul Popinjay" <popin...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> "doggystyle" <43087...@recpoker.com> wrote in message

> And you know damn well, if there were no laws against rape and theft based
> on the Ten Commandments, and you were driving along and saw some really hot
> blonde stranded on the side of the road, you know damn well that there is
> not a ONE person on this newsgroup who wouldn't do her, and then steal her
> hubcaps.  And you KNOW it.  Hypocrite!
>
> -Paul Popinjay

paul in your no law world she put out a big .45, rob you and
siton your face.
Get a real life.

Paul Popinjay

May 30, 2007, 2:48:31 AM5/30/07
"pltrgyst" <pltr...@covad.net> wrote in message

In my two years in Nam, it never occurred to me to
> resort to prayer. That includes more than one firefight in the An Khe
> pass, in case you've ever heard of it.

Sounds like He helped your ass get out of there alive anyway, you ungrateful
fuck. Like I've said, you're lucky that I'm not God. I would be A LOT less
patient. And no more of those 1 and 2-outters on the River for me either,
I'd put a stop to THAT shit.

-Paul Popinjay

Paul Popinjay

May 30, 2007, 2:58:14 AM5/30/07
"art_classmn" <art_c...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> You are the only cocky dipshit in the conversation. You actually
> believe that some invisible being will help you.

Like I've said, Art, you're all lucky that I am not God. I would be FAR
less patient. And Art, let me assure you, YOU'D be one of the first ones
I'd zap with a lightning bolt, you ungrateful asshole.

-Paul Popinjay

TheFleece

May 30, 2007, 3:41:00 AM5/30/07

I would NOT steal her hubcaps!

Posted using RecPoker.com v2.2 - http://www.recpoker.com

Peg Smith

May 30, 2007, 3:43:17 AM5/30/07
"Paul Popinjay" <popi...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>> Nothing in the history of Mankind has a greater failure rate than
>> prayer.
>>

>How the fuck do you know? He answers prayers, when he FEELS like it.

So what's the point? If he already knows what you want or what you
need, and he already knows that he's going to do (or not do) something
based on what he feels is best for you, why pray?

Peg

Martalak

May 30, 2007, 6:18:59 AM5/30/07
Nope, only thing i said when crashing the car at 85mph, turning over,
sliding on the roof for about 110 yards was:

Oh Shit!

And when the car started to burn with me inside, i just climbed out
without thinking about anything.

On Tue, 29 May 2007 23:40:34 GMT, "Paul Popinjay"
<popi...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>What do you atheist fucks do when someone you love is really sick or
>injured? When your children come down with something that is so serious
>that you fear for their coming out of it ok, do you just sit there and

>worry? Do you go through your whole lives with no faith, never feeling so
>alone and down that you never feel a want for help? Are you so cocky that

>you think just because things have been ok so far that you'll never need
>some extra help?
>

>It's sad, but I'm too busy to feel sorry for you empty souless fucks. Maybe
>I should, but I don't. It's your fucking problem.
>

>And I still don't believe any of you who say that when death is eminent like
>if you are falling from a tall building that you wouldn't call out to God to

>help you. I know some of you say you wouldn't, but I think you would.
>
>-Paul Popinjay

doggystyle

May 30, 2007, 6:43:42 AM5/30/07
larry f?

On May 29 2007 10:13 PM, pltrgyst wrote:

> On Wed, 30 May 07 0:55:56 GMT, boom boom- wrote:
>
> >Old army saying."There are no athiests in the foxholes during a shelling.
>
> Old army bullshit. In my two years in Nam, it never occurred to me to
> resort to prayer. That includes more than one firefight in the An Khe
> pass, in case you've ever heard of it.
>
> And in our base camp of roughly 1200 men, the chapel used to get huge
> crowds of twenty or thirty for services.
>
> -- Larry

The Largest Online Poker Community - http://www.recpoker.com

doggystyle

May 30, 2007, 6:47:10 AM5/30/07
and sooooo gullible!!

On May 29 2007 9:56 PM, Paul Popinjay wrote:

> "WG" wrote in message

Block Lists, Favorites, and more - http://www.recpoker.com

doggystyle

May 30, 2007, 6:58:16 AM5/30/07

poopinjay- You are perpetuating every negative stereotype ever conceived of
"hypocritical holy roller".
1. Confused
2. Hypocrite
3. Vengeful
4. Hateful

Your incessant return to the premise that we would all harm innocent people
because they are weak, or because the opportunity exists , is just plain
sociopathic. I would sure hate to be a parent in your neighborhood.You also keep
coming back to people in fear for their life , turning to prayer? If your God
really exists , do you think he is gullible enough to be ignored by people like
you , until they need something, and then he would help someone only they turn
to him , in dire need? I doubt it !! By the way, if you belive there is a God ,
then he is monitoring your vile thoughts of harming children. Or would you only
rape grown-ups?

On May 30 2007 1:58 AM, Paul Popinjay wrote:

WuzYoungOnceToo

May 30, 2007, 9:22:07 AM5/30/07

You and doggystyle need to have your sarcasm detectors checked out.

* kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more.. www.recgroups.com

WG

May 30, 2007, 11:10:44 AM5/30/07
There was this couple on vacation in Jerusalem when they visited the
wailing wall [A stone wall where daily prayers are said. A big part of
this culture]
They saw this feeble old man praying and when he stopped, they asked
how long he had been praying here.
He replied; "I have not missed a day in over 62 years"
They then asked what he prayed for?
He replied; "Good will towards mankind, peace, and end to suffering,
hunger, disease and war.
They then asked how it was going for him?

He replied;
It,s like talking to a fucking wall!!!

JohnnyYooper

May 30, 2007, 11:13:45 AM5/30/07
On May 29, 4:40 pm, "Paul Popinjay" <popin...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> And I still don't believe any of you who say that when death is eminent like
> if you are falling from a tall building that you wouldn't call out to God to
> help you. I know some of you say you wouldn't, but I think you would.
>
> -Paul Popinjay

i guess thats a good time to start. "he who is last, shall be first"

Will in New Haven

May 30, 2007, 12:19:35 PM5/30/07
On May 29, 7:40 pm, "Paul Popinjay" <popin...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> What do you atheist fucks do when someone you love is really sick or
> injured? When your children come down with something that is so serious
> that you fear for their coming out of it ok, do you just sit there and
> worry? Do you go through your whole lives with no faith, never feeling so
> alone and down that you never feel a want for help? Are you so cocky that
> you think just because things have been ok so far that you'll never need
> some extra help?

When my mom was dying, I thought about my mom. I thought about what
she had done for me and for my brother and how she got a few months of
remission in the same house as her great-granddaughter. It took up my
time. I was sad but I was proud of my mom and happy that she had those
good months and I knew that I was going to inherit her '1$% cat. But
that worked out too. If mom knows how well WooToo and I are taking
care of each other, it makes her happy. If not, we still do the best
we can. I had my hands full comforting my brother and niece and nephew
and being comforted. We did all right without god.

> It's sad, but I'm too busy to feel sorry for you empty souless fucks. Maybe
> I should, but I don't. It's your fucking problem.

It's no problem.

> And I still don't believe any of you who say that when death is eminent like
> if you are falling from a tall building that you wouldn't call out to God to
> help you. I know some of you say you wouldn't, but I think you would.

I have been shot. I saw the dumb fuck, who had been waving his piece
around and missing eveyone else in the store take a good Weaver stance
in the doorway and point that thing right at me. I knew I was going to
be hit and I knew that ducking would just mean I got hit in the head.
I didn't think once about god. I thought about the woman I was living
with, and my mom and about not having finished the story I was
reading. The round went in the point of my shoulder and broke my
collarbone and I still didn't think about god. When the nice lady at
Yale New Haven Hospital gave me a shot of percoset, I was grateful,
but not to god.

I had been shot at quite a bit, years earlier, and I never thought
about god then. I did think about _a_ god but I didn't literally
believe that a god had spoken to Arjuna in a chariot. I just liked the
story and it helped me do the things I needed to do that year.

When the woman I was living with in the early Seventies stabbed me, I
didn't think about god.

Will in New Haven

--

> -Paul Popinjay

Will in New Haven

May 30, 2007, 12:25:48 PM5/30/07
On May 29, 8:55 pm, boom boom- <thunder...@aol.com> wrote:

> On May 29 2007 7:40 PM, Paul Popinjay wrote:
>

> > What do you atheist fucks do when someone you love is really sick or
> > injured? When your children come down with something that is so serious
> > that you fear for their coming out of it ok, do you just sit there and
> > worry? Do you go through your whole lives with no faith, never feeling so
> > alone and down that you never feel a want for help? Are you so cocky that
> > you think just because things have been ok so far that you'll never need
> > some extra help?
>
> > It's sad, but I'm too busy to feel sorry for you empty souless fucks. Maybe
> > I should, but I don't. It's your fucking problem.
>
> > And I still don't believe any of you who say that when death is eminent like
> > if you are falling from a tall building that you wouldn't call out to God to
> > help you. I know some of you say you wouldn't, but I think you would.
>
> > -Paul Popinjay

> Old army saying."There are no athiests in the foxholes during a shelling.

Real bullshit saying though. Been there, believed nothing. Still
don't.

Will in New Haven

> The Largest Online Poker Community -http://www.recpoker.com- Hide quoted text -

Tsul...@aol.com

May 30, 2007, 12:29:11 PM5/30/07
On May 29, 7:40 pm, "Paul Popinjay" <popin...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> What do you atheist fucks do when someone you love is really sick or
> injured? When your children come down with something that is so serious
> that you fear for their coming out of it ok, do you just sit there and
> worry? Do you go through your whole lives with no faith, never feeling so
> alone and down that you never feel a want for help? Are you so cocky that
> you think just because things have been ok so far that you'll never need
> some extra help?
>
> It's sad, but I'm too busy to feel sorry for you empty souless fucks. Maybe
> I should, but I don't. It's your fucking problem.
>
> And I still don't believe any of you who say that when death is eminent like
> if you are falling from a tall building that you wouldn't call out to God to
> help you. I know some of you say you wouldn't, but I think you would.
>
> -Paul Popinjay

You can pray or you can do, once you're done doing all you can do, go
do something else. The day i pray and see a benefit from it, is the
day i believe that god just did me a favor so that in the future he
can make me an offer i can't refuse.

da pickle

May 30, 2007, 12:45:08 PM5/30/07
"Will in New Haven"

> When the woman I was living with in the early Seventies stabbed me, I
> didn't think about god.

Will, maybe you should give "god" a chance ... some things just don't seem
to be going well for you.

Of course, I am kidding. I don't do "god" almighty any more myself.
However, if you change the definitions a little, like god=love, I can be
persuaded that such a god might be worth my while.

If one says god is good ... then someone who worships "good" is not such a
bad sort ... and god demands retribution might be okay in certain
circumstances. The problem, as I see it, is that I cannot separate my
current thought processes from my past thought processes. Sure, they
"evolve" but all that baggage is still there ... thoughts that still clutter
the search for ... ... what? Life, liberty and the pursuit? I know that
you know that you are a very spiritual guy, Will ... Feather told me.

Paul Popinjay

May 30, 2007, 6:47:06 PM5/30/07

> He replied;
> It,s like talking to a fucking wall!!!

Ok. Cute. I'll admit. That was cute. A little bit anyway.

art_classmn

May 30, 2007, 11:54:48 PM5/30/07
On May 30, 8:22 am, "WuzYoungOnceToo" <WuzYoungOnce...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> On May 29 2007 11:36 PM, art_classmn wrote:
>
> > On May 29, 6:54 pm, "WuzYoungOnceToo" <WuzYoungOnce...@yahoo.com>
> > wrote:
> > > I'm pretty sure that any single male who's ever waited on the result of a
> > > pregnancy test has prayed. I might not know to whom/what they've directed
> > > their pleadings, but they've definitely prayed.
>
> > And how did their prayers affect the result of the test?
>
> You and doggystyle need to have your sarcasm detectors checked out.

You kind of have to stay on point when discussing topics like this
among theists.

kevin cline

May 31, 2007, 1:50:54 AM5/31/07
On May 29, 6:40 pm, "Paul Popinjay" <popin...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> What do you atheist fucks do when someone you love is really sick or
> injured?

When my mother was diagnosed with lung cancer, I went to visit her.
When I found out how bad it was, I immediately came home and took my
daughter to visit her. Then I went back for her last week. I didn't
pray. I avoided getting upset with relatives who gave me books
suggesting it was God's plan.

TheFleece

May 31, 2007, 2:16:33 AM5/31/07

On May 31 2007 3:50 PM, kevin cline wrote:

> On May 29, 6:40 pm, "Paul Popinjay" wrote:
> > What do you atheist fucks do when someone you love is really sick or
> > injured?
>
> When my mother was diagnosed with lung cancer, I went to visit her.
> When I found out how bad it was, I immediately came home and took my
> daughter to visit her. Then I went back for her last week. I didn't
> pray. I avoided getting upset with relatives who gave me books
> suggesting it was God's plan.

I'm not sure I'd have your patience with the same well meaning people. How
fucking wrong.

risky biz

May 31, 2007, 4:05:47 AM5/31/07
On May 29 2007 5:40 PM, Paul Popinjay wrote:

> What do you atheist fucks do when someone you love is really sick or

> injured? When your children come down with something that is so serious
> that you fear for their coming out of it ok, do you just sit there and
> worry? Do you go through your whole lives with no faith, never feeling so
> alone and down that you never feel a want for help? Are you so cocky that
> you think just because things have been ok so far that you'll never need
> some extra help?
>
> It's sad, but I'm too busy to feel sorry for you empty souless fucks. Maybe
> I should, but I don't. It's your fucking problem.
>
> And I still don't believe any of you who say that when death is eminent like
> if you are falling from a tall building that you wouldn't call out to God to
> help you. I know some of you say you wouldn't, but I think you would.

Do you mean like when someone jumps out of an airplane and hopes the chute
packed by someone else wasn't packed when he was drunk, or like when
someone points a rifle at you at pointblank range and demands that you
give back the knife that you just took away from him, or like when someone
is traversing a cliff face with a 30 pound pack and it turns out the rock
is rotten and you've got 90 feet of air below you, or like when you face
off eight or nine street hoodlums at two in the morning with a butterfly
knife on some mud "street" in Southeast Asia that has a bare bulb
"streetlight" about every 100 yards, or like when the national police of
that same shithole country draw a bead on you with their rifle because you
won't give them the money they asked for or try to walk into a bar they're
shaking down?

WTF would someone pray to "God"? Only an idiot would do that.

> -Paul Popinjay

------

Paul Popinjay

May 31, 2007, 4:51:22 AM5/31/07

"risky biz" <risk...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

I mean when you're on the 90th floor of the World Trade Center and have to
jump because the fire is too intense.

doggystyle

May 31, 2007, 5:18:15 AM5/31/07

You better pray for Superman!! Like when he caught "whats her name " in the
first movie. When he says "I got you" , and she says , "who's got you"? And if
there was a God , would he not have made at least one of the planes miss the
buildings? Or maybe , he would have gotten the TSA people in Logan Airport to
wake the fuck up, and do their job? Or maybe God would have gotten G W Bush to
listen when Kunty Rice tried to tell him that Osama was going to strike in the
US? Or maybe

On May 31 2007 3:51 AM, Paul Popinjay wrote:

Paul Popinjay

May 31, 2007, 5:37:41 AM5/31/07

> You better pray for Superman!! Like when he caught "whats her name " in
> the
> first movie. When he says "I got you" , and she says , "who's got you"?
> And if
> there was a God , would he not have made at least one of the planes miss
> the
> buildings? Or maybe , he would have gotten the TSA people in Logan Airport
> wake the fuck up, and do their job? Or maybe God would have gotten G W
> Bush to
> listen when Kunty Rice tried to tell him that Osama was going to strike in
> the
> US? Or maybe

Hey doggystyle, I don't want to talk with you anymore. Your tales of
ripping off Neteller, IGM-Pay, and Party Poker, just because you could get
away with it, demonstrate to me your weak and immoral character. Also, I
feel that continuing to give you credibility by continuing dialogue with you
could be a bad message to the millions of young people on RGP who look to
Paul Popinjay as a role model for moral encouragement. I don't want to
associate with your bad character. Thanks, and may God have mercy on you.

-Rev. Paul Popinjay

risky biz

May 31, 2007, 10:37:05 AM5/31/07

If you think God is going to keep you alive in a situation like that you
really are deluded. Anyway, if there's a heaven and the God who lives
there created you why is it so important to stay alive?

Don't you think it would be a better idea to think rationally and not
elect a moron to the White House who ignores memos that say, "Bin Laden
determined to strike in the U.S."?

-----

WuzYoungOnceToo

May 31, 2007, 11:55:24 AM5/31/07

Considering that you and doggy were the only ones who appear to have
gotten lost....

WuzYoungOnceToo

May 31, 2007, 11:58:06 AM5/31/07
On May 31 2007 9:37 AM, risky biz wrote:

> If you think God is going to keep you alive in a situation like that you
> really are deluded. Anyway, if there's a heaven and the God who lives
> there created you why is it so important to stay alive?
>
> Don't you think it would be a better idea to think rationally and not
> elect a moron to the White House who ignores memos that say, "Bin Laden
> determined to strike in the U.S."?

I can't think of a better argument against Intelligent Design than your
existence.

-------

Pepe Papon

May 31, 2007, 2:56:25 PM5/31/07
On 30 May 2007 09:29:11 -0700, Tsul...@aol.com wrote:

>> And I still don't believe any of you who say that when death is eminent like
>> if you are falling from a tall building that you wouldn't call out to God to
>> help you. I know some of you say you wouldn't, but I think you would.
>>
>> -Paul Popinjay
>
>You can pray or you can do, once you're done doing all you can do, go
>do something else. The day i pray and see a benefit from it, is the
>day i believe that god just did me a favor so that in the future he
>can make me an offer i can't refuse.

Prayer makes a lot of people feel better. That's helpful in a
similar way that taking sugar pills instead of actual medicine can
make sometimes people feel better. The fact that prayer can be
beneficial doesn't prove anything regarding the actual existence of
God.

The fact that I sucked out with quad 8s on the river the other night,
however, provides strong evidence of the existence of poker gods.
--

~ Seth Jackson

MySpace URL - http://www.myspace.com/sethjacksonsong
Songwriting and Music Business Info: http://www.sethjackson.net

Pepe Papon

May 31, 2007, 2:59:09 PM5/31/07
On Thu, 31 May 2007 08:51:22 GMT, "Paul Popinjay"
<popi...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>> WTF would someone pray to "God"? Only an idiot would do that.
>>

>I mean when you're on the 90th floor of the World Trade Center and have to
>jump because the fire is too intense.

So, what if you did? It would prove nothing other than that the
person felt desperate. When someone is desperate, they might be
willing to try anything, even when they have little hope that it will
actually help.

Rev. Popinjay

May 31, 2007, 5:03:51 PM5/31/07
"Pepe Papon" <a...@mindspring.invalid> wrote in message

> So, what if you did? It would prove nothing other than that the
> person felt desperate. When someone is desperate, they might be
> willing to try anything, even when they have little hope that it will
> actually help.
> --

Oh, so now you're trying to have a discussion with me? But regarding the
democratic process you chose only to insult me with childish remarks?

Pepe, please don't reply to anymore of my posts. I have concluded that you
are very young, and therefore you lack the life experience to give any
significance to your opinions. And I don't have the patience. Run along,
your parents are probably worried about you.

-Paul Popinjay

Rev. Popinjay

May 31, 2007, 5:13:06 PM5/31/07

> If you think God is going to keep you alive in a situation like that you
> really are deluded. Anyway, if there's a heaven and the God who lives
> there created you why is it so important to stay alive?

Frankly, I would guess that as I fell I would be asking Him to watch over
the loved ones that I am about to leave behind. It's pretty hard to tell as
I sit here before this keyboard, but that's what I think I would be asking
of Him at that moment, and to forgive me for all the things I've done wrong.

Risky, I'm getting some pretty shallow vibes from you right now, man.

-Paul Popinjay

doggystyle

May 31, 2007, 6:37:09 PM5/31/07
OK - You stick with wanting to rape children , and I will deal with my morals.

Watch Lists, Block Lists, Favorites - http://www.recpoker.com

Peg Smith

May 31, 2007, 6:51:02 PM5/31/07
"Rev. Popinjay" <popi...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Frankly, I would guess that as I fell I would be asking Him to watch over
>the loved ones that I am about to leave behind. It's pretty hard to tell as
>I sit here before this keyboard, but that's what I think I would be asking
>of Him at that moment, and to forgive me for all the things I've done wrong.
>
>Risky, I'm getting some pretty shallow vibes from you right now, man.

Speaking of shallow, why wait until imminent death before asking for
forgiveness?

Besides, it's silly to ask him to "watch over" your loved ones. You've
already posited that your god is going to do whatever he wants to do,
so your prayers are wasted.

Peg

risky biz

May 31, 2007, 7:33:25 PM5/31/07

Hell, if I jumped from the 91st floor I'd be smart enough to enjoy my last
moments on earth and would regret having to jump from such a low altitude.
Maybe you've never jumped out of an airplane in which case you would have
no idea.

It's nice to be concerned about loved ones but asking someone or something
which doesn't exist to take care of them seems to me to be misdirected
concern.

No one can forgive you for your wrongs other than the one wronged. If they
didn't forgive you you're going to the grave with it.

Another Problem Solved By R.G.P.

May 31, 2007, 10:01:33 PM5/31/07
Paul Popinjay wrote:

> And I still don't believe any of you who say that when death is eminent like
> if you are falling from a tall building that you wouldn't call out to God to
> help you.

What is prayer but a plea to god to drop whatever he's doing, freeze
time if he must and upend the immutable laws of nature just to
help .... ME ME ME ! That's kind of an imposition, don't you think? So
you'd best save your prayers for things that god thinks are really
important. NOT when you're falling out of a very tall building. God's
usually too busy for that. And certainly not to grow new limbs for
amputees (gosh but wouldn't that be useful hey Big Fella?).

No. Save your prayers for important things. Like football games!
And .. oh yeah ... war ! Before every war!

Actually, it's funny but even devout folks don't usually pray to
almighty god to do superalmighty things. Do you know why? For
instance, there's a ship out in the North Atlantic, cracked in half,
and it's sinking, and you have to pray for the crew. Think of all the
things the almighty could do. He could swoop down and superalmighty
glue it! He could turn everybody into seals so they could survive
eating fish and swimming around in freezing water for a few weeks. He
could pick up the whole ship and crew and set them down safely in
Omaha, fercrissakes! But nobody'd pray to the Big Dude to do any of
those really cool almighty things. No, they'd pray for something
simple. As simple as from their mind to god's mind to somebody else
mind can possibly be. Like maybe for some other ship captain not too
far away to suddenly get the idea to steam to latitude-longitude
miracle. Yeah, that might work. God could do that. If he's not too
busy minding the universe, or watching the Army-Navy game, or
something.

doggystyle

Jun 1, 2007, 12:39:24 AM6/1/07
ouch!! that could leave a mark !!

doggystyle

Jun 1, 2007, 12:43:36 AM6/1/07
good post!1 except I am sure he would be watching Notre Dame

New Feature: Mark All As Read! - http://www.recpoker.com

Pepe Papon

Jun 1, 2007, 2:22:37 AM6/1/07
On Thu, 31 May 2007 21:03:51 GMT, "Rev. Popinjay"
<popi...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>"Pepe Papon" <a...@mindspring.invalid> wrote in message
>

>> So, what if you did? It would prove nothing other than that the
>> person felt desperate. When someone is desperate, they might be
>> willing to try anything, even when they have little hope that it will
>> actually help.
>> --
>>

>Oh, so now you're trying to have a discussion with me? But regarding the
>democratic process you chose only to insult me with childish remarks?

I'm sorry your memory is failing you, as you seem to be having trouble
recalling which of us was the one to use insults and childish remarks.

>Pepe, please don't reply to anymore of my posts. I have concluded that you
>are very young, and therefore you lack the life experience to give any
>significance to your opinions. And I don't have the patience. Run along,
>your parents are probably worried about you.

Apparently, your judgment isn't nearly as good as you think it is.
And even if you were correct about my age, it would be utterly
irrelevant to the validity of the point I made in my previous post.
That's what's known as the ad hominem fallacy.