Russ Georgiev

VickiG

Jun 19, 2009, 12:44:20 AM6/19/09
A LOVE LETTER TO MY FAVORITE POKER LEGEND…

After a short, but sweet, reappearance in Vegas, Russ Georgiev
returned home to Seattle, celebrated his 62nd birthday and died in his
sleep of a heart attack.

To those of you who say, “That’s great news!” I offer this. Russ was
smarter than most of the population and was able to figure things out
from a very early age. He played bridge as a child and actually had
his master points by age 5 ½. He was an entrepreneur at age 8 and had
7 neighborhood children in his ‘employ’ making and selling custom
potholders. At 16 he was winning huge amounts of money pot bowling at
Lewis and Clark lanes. Because he ‘saw’ something no one else had seen
in greyhound betting procedures, he took advantage of his knowledge
and, legally, made a killing at the dogs – finally ‘they’ caught on
and all greyhound betting had to be revised. He was arrogant, but he
had a right to be. He was exceptionally good-looking, intelligent,
well-mannered, well-read, drove great cars, wore the best clothes, and
could out-argue and out-think almost all the people he came in contact
with. So to those of you who are glad at hearing the news, I say,
you’re just plain jealous, the normal response of those who don’t
measure up and can’t appreciate someone who does.

Was he a braggart? Yup. But, at least his stories were true. I have
printed email correspondence to him from all the guys you know from
the poker world. And I was with Russ when Ruth Streeter of “60
Minutes” called him about doing an expose. And I counted the $70,000
cash he used to carry around in a paper bag back in the 70’s. We
weren’t on the best of terms in the late 80’s, but he sent me $200-
$300 cash per week for 18 months when I was undergoing chemotherapy.
He helped countless people, some just to keep up the big shot image,
but more because he was actually a kind-hearted guy.

Was he a cheat? He admitted it. He divulged all kinds of things about
cheating, but most people didn’t believe him. Look at online poker…
Russ surely had the last laugh.

He wrote a great book, POKER UNCHECKED. To understand how brilliant a
player he was you need to know that he challenged the best to prove
him wrong and they declined. He challenged them to heads-up games, and
they declined.

So Russ is dead and I bet the posts on your poker websites will be a
lot duller without him.

To those of you who will sincerely miss him, I say he was on his way
back to the top. A long while back he came up with a revolutionary
idea for pari-mutuel betting – the Nevada Gaming authority stalled for
years before recently approving it. You should see it in action before
too long…

And before the rumors start…for the record, Russ died owing NOTHING.

I will miss him.

Vicki,
younger sister of Russ Georgiev

Bea Foroni

Jun 19, 2009, 12:49:11 AM6/19/09
Russ was hard to like. Sometimes I liked him and other times I didn't.
RGP and poker will be less without him.

Mark B [Diputsur]

Jun 19, 2009, 1:37:59 AM6/19/09

"VickiG" <rgsv...@gmail.com> wrote in message
A LOVE LETTER TO MY FAVORITE POKER LEGEND�

Vicki,
younger sister of Russ Georgiev

Please accept my most sincere condolences...
he will be missed by many of us.

RIP Russ.

Mark

K9way

Jun 19, 2009, 3:11:05 AM6/19/09

Several red flags here make me think this is a troll!!

1. "love letter" ?
2. Not that many people whose hearts are that close to giving out actually
"die in their sleep "
3. Too many "brags"
4. Gratuitous claim of others being "jealous "
5 Same old story of the 70k in a bag in the 70's
6. if I had a sister i was concerned about and had what Russ claims for
money .. 200-300 a week would be an insult
7. I know for a fact the "dog scam" was not his . It was Guacamole (Gary
Carlson ) and 2 of his friends .
8. Sister claims he was exceptionally "good looking " ?
9. "on his way back to the top" ..another pie in the sky justification
10. no mention of Andy (his brother )
11. Sister uses the term "I bet "? "non gambling" folks dont say that
12. "Future " renovation of pari mutuel betting ? the old "more to come "
scenario
13. Never heard a "younger sister '" that didnt refer to her self as
"little sister "

I give it a 6.5 on the "troll meter "

Vickie ,

In the event it is true , as I knew Andy and knew a lot of Russ's friends
, I am sad to hear it . Although he spent the last few years "repolishing"
the image he intended to leave behind, he was exceptionally knowledgable
about poker and it's "underbelly". I would assume you will understand some
skepticism about accepting this as fact on first glance .

If this ends up being true ..I think you will be glad to know that only a
very few will claim that his death is really to their liking .

Just when you think that youve been gypped ..the bearded lady comes and
does a double back flip!!!

________________________________________________________________________�
looking for a better newsgroup-reader? - www.recgroups.com

Clave

Jun 19, 2009, 2:03:14 AM6/19/09

"VickiG" <rgsv...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> A LOVE LETTER TO MY FAVORITE POKER LEGEND�

Not to take anything away from him or you, but that read as if it were
written by Russ himself.

Will there be a death notice or obit in the Times/PI?

Jim

K9way

Jun 19, 2009, 3:24:24 AM6/19/09

Just checked and found nothing ..I am sure others have more skills at this
sort of thing

Irish Mike

Jun 19, 2009, 2:23:47 AM6/19/09

"Bea Foroni" <BeaF...@msn.com> wrote in message

> Russ was hard to like. Sometimes I liked him and other times I didn't.
> RGP and poker will be less without him.

Did he die?

Irish Mike

Jason Pawloski

Jun 19, 2009, 3:45:05 AM6/19/09

Vicki, I want to send you my most sincere condolences to you and your
family.

I'm still really hoping this is just a troll (in bad taste).

--
Voted RGP's Stupidest Poster on 3/22/09

"BART [Bay Area Rapid Transit] is rather new." - Jerry Sturdivant chiming
in on how little he knows about a train system that's been operational
since 1972

------�
* kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more.. www.recgroups.com

RazzO

Jun 19, 2009, 4:41:37 AM6/19/09
Have you ever played Russ heads-up?

> On Jun 19 2009 12:44 AM, VickiG wrote:
>
> > A LOVE LETTER TO MY FAVORITE POKER LEGEND�
> >
> > After a short, but sweet, reappearance in Vegas, Russ Georgiev
> > returned home to Seattle, celebrated his 62nd birthday and died in his
> > sleep of a heart attack.

RazzO

Soon to be happy Florida Poker Player Comment (video)
http://www.xtranormal.com/watch?e=20090526132257794

_____________________________________________________________________�

RazzO

Jun 19, 2009, 4:09:05 AM6/19/09
Wow! Finally a sensible post, Mike.

Irish Mike

Jun 19, 2009, 4:55:04 AM6/19/09

"RazzO" <ra...@pokerworld.com> wrote in message

Wow! Finally a sensible post, Mike.

I've asked you this before Razzo but you have never provided an answer.
Why are your posts to me always mean-spirited or insulting.
As far as I know, I initiated those kinds of posts involving you.

Irish Mike

Mark Stringer

Jun 19, 2009, 5:34:19 AM6/19/09
VickiG wrote:

> <snip>
> And before the rumors started or the record, Russ died owing NOTHING.

> I will miss him.
>
> Vicki,
> younger sister of Russ Georgiev

If this is legit, I'm kinda sad. I didn't know him but he seemed
like quite the character who lived an interesting life. On top of
it, he was kind to animals so he's cool by me. :) RIP Russ.

DonK

Jun 19, 2009, 5:41:57 AM6/19/09
Mike, you remember when we were cool? I miss those days. The, 8 years
of defending the guy who fucked up this country totally. I got sick of
it. Now, out of gate street you slam President Obama.

That's all.

Irish Mike

Jun 19, 2009, 6:05:46 AM6/19/09

"DonK" <ra...@razzo.com> wrote in message

Mike, you remember when we were cool? I miss those days. The, 8 years
of defending the guy who fucked up this country totally. I got sick of
it. Now, out of gate street you slam President Obama.
That's all.

I have always defended America and American values. Bush made many mistakes
and did tremendous damage to conservatives and to the Republican party. I
don't trust Obama and believe he is a liar and places his own political
ambition ahead of the country and ahead of the people he has sworn to
protect. I think his economic policies are totally wrong and not in the
best interest of this country, it's working tax-paying citizens or its
economy. I am proud to be one of the 55,000,000+ Americans who did not vote
for him. That's where I stand. That's where I've always stood. I make no
apology and ask no pardon.

Irish Mike

On Jun 19, 1:55 am, "Irish Mike" <ace...@att.net> wrote:
> "RazzO" <ra...@pokerworld.com> wrote in message

> Wow! Finally a sensible post, Mike.
>
> I've asked you this before Razzo but you have never provided an answer.
> Why are your posts to me always mean-spirited or insulting.
> As far as I know, I initiated those kinds of posts involving you.
>
> Irish Mike

database 4170 (20090619) __________

http://www.eset.com

BillB

Jun 19, 2009, 6:10:38 AM6/19/09

> [...]

> cheating, but most people didn�t believe him. Look at online poker�

> Russ surely had the last laugh.
>
> He wrote a great book, POKER UNCHECKED. To understand how brilliant a
> player he was you need to know that he challenged the best to prove
> him wrong and they declined. He challenged them to heads-up games, and
> they declined.
>
> So Russ is dead and I bet the posts on your poker websites will be a
> lot duller without him.
>
> To those of you who will sincerely miss him, I say he was on his way
> back to the top. A long while back he came up with a revolutionary

> idea for pari-mutuel betting � the Nevada Gaming authority stalled for

> years before recently approving it. You should see it in action before

> too long�
>
> And before the rumors start�for the record, Russ died owing NOTHING.

Not to sound selfish at a time like this, but it looks like my Poker Mafia
t-shirt just doubled in value.

Arlo-Payne

Jun 19, 2009, 7:57:04 AM6/19/09
I really question this.
I just heard from Russ a few days ago
Also I dont recall any of your posts.
I for one hope this is not true. Russ is my friend

____________________________________________________________________�

RGP Loner

Jun 19, 2009, 8:14:10 AM6/19/09
On Jun 19 2009 4:05 AM, Irish Mike wrote:

> "DonK" <ra...@razzo.com> wrote in message
> Mike, you remember when we were cool? I miss those days. The, 8 years
> of defending the guy who fucked up this country totally. I got sick of
> it. Now, out of gate street you slam President Obama.
> That's all.
>
> I have always defended America and American values. Bush made many mistakes
> and did tremendous damage to conservatives and to the Republican party. I
> don't trust Obama and believe he is a liar and places his own political
> ambition ahead of the country and ahead of the people he has sworn to
> protect. I think his economic policies are totally wrong and not in the
> best interest of this country, it's working tax-paying citizens or its
> economy. I am proud to be one of the 55,000,000+ Americans who did not vote
> for him. That's where I stand. That's where I've always stood. I make no
> apology and ask no pardon.
>
> Irish Mike

Nice post mike...I will read and enjoy this post of yours more than once...

Made my day.....glad to see you see the light.

Oh , just a quick question.... If you had your druthers, would you want
Bush or Obama in the White House?

> On Jun 19, 1:55 am, "Irish Mike" <ace...@att.net> wrote:
> > "RazzO" <ra...@pokerworld.com> wrote in message

> > Wow! Finally a sensible post, Mike.
> >
> > I've asked you this before Razzo but you have never provided an answer.
> > Why are your posts to me always mean-spirited or insulting.
> > As far as I know, I initiated those kinds of posts involving you.
> >
> > Irish Mike

> database 4170 (20090619) __________

> http://www.eset.com

Boise never spammed and Boise should never have CONFRONTED THE
ESTABLISHMENT...

----�

Porsche_Dan

Jun 19, 2009, 8:25:21 AM6/19/09
On Jun 18, 10:23 pm, "Irish Mike" <ace...@att.net> wrote:
> "Bea Foroni" <BeaFor...@msn.com> wrote in message

Yes he did, respect the post.

mo_charles

Jun 19, 2009, 9:43:03 AM6/19/09
<snip>

i'll miss russ. may he rest in peace.

mo_charles

_____________________________________________________________________�

Arlo-Payne

Jun 19, 2009, 9:52:02 AM6/19/09
are you 100% sure Dan?
You I trust. I think you knew him better than I did and I also feel you
talked to him more offen.

--------�

DonkeyBanAA

Jun 19, 2009, 10:00:19 AM6/19/09
Hope this is not true- I just spoke with him Monday and was going to call
him today

RIP

-----�

Raider Fan

Jun 19, 2009, 10:23:58 AM6/19/09
On Jun 18 2009 11:44 PM, VickiG wrote:

> After a short, but sweet, reappearance in Vegas, Russ Georgiev
> returned home to Seattle, celebrated his 62nd birthday and died in his
> sleep of a heart attack.

It's a very sad day for me hearing this news. I never met Russ in person,
but we talked on the phone many times. He was a generous man and a lot of
fun to talk with. I will really miss him.

I hope he enjoyed his birthday with a couple of hookers and some Dom!

"This has got to be some sports-related crap, that's all Raiderfan gives a
fuck about." -- Paul Popinjay 2/27/09

________________________________________________________________________�

Tad Perry

Jun 19, 2009, 10:05:55 AM6/19/09
I'll miss him. I was planning on having dinner with him at least one more
time, but now that's not gonna happen. I note that he always paid, and
always tried to go get some hookers with him (his dime) but I'm not into
hookers and always declined.

tvp

Tad Perry

Jun 19, 2009, 10:09:09 AM6/19/09
"BillB" <bo...@shaw1.ca> wrote in message

Georgiev

> Not to sound selfish at a time like this, but it looks like my Poker Mafia
> t-shirt just doubled in value.

Mine were free, so I can easily say that they at least tripled.

tvp

Robert Ladd

Jun 19, 2009, 10:45:49 AM6/19/09
I talked to Russ' sister this morning and unfortunately it is true.

Robert Ladd

"Arlo-Payne" <arlo_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Paul Popinjay

Jun 19, 2009, 11:05:22 AM6/19/09
Robert Ladd wrote:

> I talked to Russ' sister this morning and unfortunately it is true.
>
> Robert Ladd

Well damn! I was really hoping this was a bad joke. Now I believe it.

Not good. Not good at all.

Question To his sister: What about the cats? Are the cats provided for?

Sorry to hear this. Really sorry about this.

-Paul

XaQ Morphy

Jun 19, 2009, 12:23:13 PM6/19/09
On Jun 18 2009 11:44 PM, VickiG wrote:

> younger sister of Russ Georgiev

It's no secret how I felt about him on RGP, but I hope Russ has finally
found the peace he's been searching for. Best wishes to you and sorry for
your loss.

---
Morphy
xaqm...@donkeymanifesto.com
http://www.donkeymanifesto.com

"I think they are mad that i am borderline psycho" --igotskillz

"It's unfortunate that there are loons on both sides completely
obfuscating what's going on." --Official RGP Mantra

______________________________________________________________________�

Robert Ladd

Jun 19, 2009, 11:20:15 AM6/19/09

"Paul Popinjay" <paulpo...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

Russ' sister is at his house going through his things Paul. I don't want to
bother her again with a call, she is understandably upset, but since she is
there I'm sure she is taking care of the cats.

Robert Ladd

John_Brian_K

Jun 19, 2009, 12:44:29 PM6/19/09
> I will miss him.
>
> Vicki,
> younger sister of Russ Georgiev

You must not think me necessarily foolish because I am facetious,
nor will I consider you necessarily wise because you are grave.
==============================
47.6% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
JBK

I received an email from a regular poster here about this and it brought
me here to check it out. I was not his friend and did not agree with how
he lived his life, but there are alot of worse things to be.

I honestly hope he is resting in peace. My condolences to you and yours.

------�

Will_gamble

Jun 19, 2009, 1:06:27 PM6/19/09
Wow. I find it surreal that he went to the WSOP to play and then died..
like a premonition.

R.I.P. Russ, you will be missed in many ways.

Down goes Frazier, down goes Frazier!

------�

mo_charles

Jun 19, 2009, 1:10:54 PM6/19/09
> Wow. I find it surreal that he went to the WSOP to play and then died..
> like a premonition.
>
> R.I.P. Russ, you will be missed in many ways.

one life, get busy living!

mo_charles

Porsche_Dan

Jun 19, 2009, 1:13:55 PM6/19/09
Yes.

On Jun 19 2009 5:41 AM, Arlo-Payne wrote:

> are you 100% sure Dan?
> You I trust. I think you knew him better than I did and I also feel you
> talked to him more offen.
>

> On Jun 19 2009 5:25 AM, Porsche_Dan wrote:
>
> > On Jun 18, 10:23�pm, "Irish Mike" <ace...@att.net> wrote:
> > > "Bea Foroni" <BeaFor...@msn.com> wrote in message

> > > Did he die?
> > >
> > > Irish Mike
> >
> > Yes he did, respect the post.

-------�

brewmaster

Jun 19, 2009, 1:42:40 PM6/19/09
On Jun 18 2009 9:44 PM, VickiG wrote:

> A LOVE LETTER TO MY FAVORITE POKER LEGEND�
>

> After a short, but sweet, reappearance in Vegas, Russ Georgiev
> returned home to Seattle, celebrated his 62nd birthday and died in his
> sleep of a heart attack.
>

> I will miss him.
>
> Vicki,
> younger sister of Russ Georgiev

Worst news I've heard in a long time. I liked Russ a lot, we talked often.

RIP Russ.

Brew
--
Hatred is purity...weakness is disease!

dave keiser

Jun 19, 2009, 1:54:18 PM6/19/09
WHERE'S THE GRAVE I'LL FLY RIGHT OUT AND DRINK A COUPLE 6 PACKS AND WATER
IT. NO LOST TO THE WORLD BUT I THINK LIKE A VAMPIRE HE'LL RISE AT NIGHT

dave

-----�

phlash74

Jun 19, 2009, 2:05:44 PM6/19/09

My sincere condolences to you and your family. Rest in peace Russ.

Michael
U.S. American

-----�

dave keiser

Jun 19, 2009, 2:09:57 PM6/19/09
BridgeHands
Google BridgeHands

from a very early age. He played bridge as a child and actually had
> his master points by age 5 �.

HOME Encyclopedia Newsletter Laws Products Services Reviews
Tournaments Blog Training Practice HELP
You are at: Home > Y > Bridge Glossary Y Index: BridgeHands

Help

Encyclopedia of Bridge Terms
A B C D E F G H I J K L M

N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Duplicate Bidding General Play Conventions Jargon
Rubber

General
Yarborough - A hand without any honors (10 or above). The odds of
holding a Yarborough is 1827 to 1. Knowing the high improbability of a
player holding such a hand, the Lord Yarborough of England had a standing
offer of 1000 to 1 to wager that a player would receive a hand with a card
above a 9 spot. See Card Names

Bidding

Yellow Card - Standard American Yellow Card - See Example

Bidding
Yellow Rose Of Texas - See Conventions

General Yahoo - See Bridge Service Providers

Duplicate Youngest Life Master - The youngest ACBL Life Master is Danny
Hirschman, who achieved the rating at an amazing age of 10 years, two
months and 20 days.

dave

_______________________________________________________________________�

Bea Foroni

Jun 19, 2009, 1:14:57 PM6/19/09
> RecGroups : the community-oriented newsreader :www.recgroups.com- Hide quoted text -

Amen

Paul Popinjay

Jun 19, 2009, 1:21:04 PM6/19/09

Stop it, Dave. Behave yourself.

XaQ Morphy

Jun 19, 2009, 2:39:08 PM6/19/09
On Jun 19 2009 12:21 PM, Paul Popinjay wrote:

> Stop it, Dave. Behave yourself.

Serious question. Someone shits all over RGP for years, chases off anyone
interested in discussing poker, spends the last few years of his life on
highly medicated crazy personal attacks, and we're supposed to all fall in
love with him because he died?

The guy was a cheat, bragged about it day in and day out. Cheated the
game that we all play or played, the game that brought us all to RGP for
one reason or another. He stood for everything wrong about the game,
offered nothing of value, and now he's dead. Does that mean we're
supposed to forget all the things he did year in and year out and praise
him?

Fuck that. I certainly wouldn't want false praise from someone like Russ
when I die.

"I think they are mad that i am borderline psycho" --igotskillz

"It's unfortunate that there are loons on both sides completely
obfuscating what's going on." --Official RGP Mantra

-------�

BillB

Jun 19, 2009, 1:35:21 PM6/19/09

> Stop it, Dave. Behave yourself.

Do you really believe Russ is dead? I won't until I see proof.

Bea Foroni

Jun 19, 2009, 1:36:30 PM6/19/09
On Jun 19, 11:39 am, "XaQ Morphy" <a1c5...@webnntp.invalid> wrote:

> Fuck that. I certainly wouldn't want false praise from someone like Russ
> when I die.

Don't worry I don't think there is much chance of that happening,
from Russ or anyone else; false or anything else

mo_charles

Jun 19, 2009, 2:44:22 PM6/19/09
> > Stop it, Dave. Behave yourself.
>
> Serious question. Someone shits all over RGP for years, chases off anyone
> interested in discussing poker, spends the last few years of his life on
> highly medicated crazy personal attacks, and we're supposed to all fall in
> love with him because he died?
>
> The guy was a cheat, bragged about it day in and day out. Cheated the
> game that we all play or played, the game that brought us all to RGP for
> one reason or another. He stood for everything wrong about the game,
> offered nothing of value, and now he's dead. Does that mean we're
> supposed to forget all the things he did year in and year out and praise
> him?
>
> Fuck that. I certainly wouldn't want false praise from someone like Russ
> when I die.

you don't have to praise him. i posted out of respect for a big
contributor to the community.

mo_charles

--------�

Raider Fan

Jun 19, 2009, 2:53:04 PM6/19/09
On Jun 19 2009 12:28 PM, XaQ Morphy wrote:

> On Jun 19 2009 12:21 PM, Paul Popinjay wrote:
>
> > Stop it, Dave. Behave yourself.
>
> Serious question. Someone shits all over RGP for years, chases off anyone
> interested in discussing poker, spends the last few years of his life on
> highly medicated crazy personal attacks, and we're supposed to all fall in
> love with him because he died?
>
> The guy was a cheat, bragged about it day in and day out. Cheated the
> game that we all play or played, the game that brought us all to RGP for
> one reason or another. He stood for everything wrong about the game,
> offered nothing of value, and now he's dead. Does that mean we're
> supposed to forget all the things he did year in and year out and praise
> him?

While all you say is true, he also had another side. Sorry you didn't get
to meet it.

"This has got to be some sports-related crap, that's all Raiderfan gives a
fuck about." -- Paul Popinjay 2/27/09

_____________________________________________________________________�

XaQ Morphy

Jun 19, 2009, 2:48:45 PM6/19/09
On Jun 19 2009 12:33 PM, mo_charles wrote:

> you don't have to praise him. i posted out of respect for a big
> contributor to the community.

I posted best wishes to his sister, and I do believe he was in a really
bad place these last years so I do hope he's finally found peace. But
some of the posts in this thread are flat out ridiculous.

"I think they are mad that i am borderline psycho" --igotskillz

"It's unfortunate that there are loons on both sides completely
obfuscating what's going on." --Official RGP Mantra

----�

Raider Fan

Jun 19, 2009, 2:54:23 PM6/19/09

If Dan says it's true, it's true.

"This has got to be some sports-related crap, that's all Raiderfan gives a
fuck about." -- Paul Popinjay 2/27/09

--------�

XaQ Morphy

Jun 19, 2009, 2:57:25 PM6/19/09
On Jun 19 2009 12:43 PM, Raider Fan wrote:

> While all you say is true, he also had another side. Sorry you didn't get
> to meet it.

Yeah my wife and kids are sorry too.

"I think they are mad that i am borderline psycho" --igotskillz

"It's unfortunate that there are loons on both sides completely
obfuscating what's going on." --Official RGP Mantra

______________________________________________________________________�

greystoke9

Jun 19, 2009, 2:59:46 PM6/19/09
He sure as shit stirred things up back in the day. Russ' poker content
rose above his other noise. It was worth wading through to find the
nuggets of good insight, in particular his short-handed Stud 8 advice.

My condolences to his surviving family.

Chris

Paul Popinjay

Jun 19, 2009, 1:53:05 PM6/19/09
XaQ Morphy wrote:

> Serious question. Someone shits all over RGP for years, chases off anyone
> interested in discussing poker, spends the last few years of his life on
> highly medicated crazy personal attacks, and we're supposed to all fall in
> love with him because he died?
>
> The guy was a cheat, bragged about it day in and day out. Cheated the
> game that we all play or played, the game that brought us all to RGP for
> one reason or another. He stood for everything wrong about the game,
> offered nothing of value, and now he's dead. Does that mean we're
> supposed to forget all the things he did year in and year out and praise
> him?
>
> Fuck that. I certainly wouldn't want false praise from someone like Russ
> when I die.

I've got close friends who have done a lot worse things than Russ has
ever done. Does that mean I'm not supposed to love some of these
friends like a brother? So Russ was a cheat, why are you taking that so
personal? You're acting like a child. No one has said you need to
praise him.

Russ was just an acquaintance of mine and I did not get to know him
well. I still liked him. Your mentioning that he was a cheat and then
going on and on about it like it was the crime of the century carries no
weight with me. I've got at least one best friend who would kill for
me. Yet he has spent more time in the joint in the last 20 years than
being outside. He has robbed banks. He has seriously assaulted and
maimed other guys from other neighborhoods. Yet he made me the
godfather of one of his babies. He trusts me with his wife when he's
inside. Do you think there can be no good qualities in a man just
because he has done bad things? Do you think there can be no degree of
honor amongst "bad" guys? You have seriously displayed a very immature
outlook on this newsgroup over the years, Morphy. That's not a crime
either, but I mean you are not 21 anymore. I think maybe you've spent
too much time sheltered in Bumfuck Wisconsin. You need to get out a
little, see the world a little. Get your nose busted a time or two. Go
get a few cuts in your flesh. Your thinking is fucked up, dude.

JG

Jun 19, 2009, 1:55:50 PM6/19/09
If Russ were here to comment on his own death, he would tell us not to
believe that a heart attack was the cause of his death. Instead, he
would imply that the Corporation was finally able to take him out
because he knew too much and was involved in too much.

In any case, RIP.

JG

Paul Popinjay

Jun 19, 2009, 1:55:34 PM6/19/09
XaQ Morphy wrote:

> I posted best wishes to his sister, and I do believe he was in a really
> bad place these last years so I do hope he's finally found peace. But
> some of the posts in this thread are flat out ridiculous.

Stop it, Morphy. Just shut the fuck up right now about this, I don't
want to hear it.

Raider Fan

Jun 19, 2009, 3:08:27 PM6/19/09
On Jun 19 2009 12:46 PM, XaQ Morphy> On Jun 19 2009 12:43 PM, Raider Fan

wrote:

> > While all you say is true, he also had another side. Sorry you didn't get
> > to meet it.
>
> Yeah my wife and kids are sorry too.

I stayed out of all that crap and obviously didn't approve. Believe it or
not, there can be two good people that despise each other that are both
good people.

"This has got to be some sports-related crap, that's all Raiderfan gives a
fuck about." -- Paul Popinjay 2/27/09

-------�

Paul Popinjay

Jun 19, 2009, 2:02:26 PM6/19/09

Let me guess, you're about 19 or 20, right? That's a stupid thing to
post. I don't care how old you are.

intang...@yahoo.com

Jun 19, 2009, 2:33:04 PM6/19/09
Habeus corpus.

intang...@yahoo.com

Jun 19, 2009, 2:38:23 PM6/19/09
NIce try Russ.

Which funeral home will be handling the arrangements?

mo_charles

Jun 19, 2009, 4:02:14 PM6/19/09
> NIce try Russ.
>
> Which funeral home will be handling the arrangements?

are you suggesting he's cheating death?

mo_charles

JG

Jun 19, 2009, 2:59:09 PM6/19/09
On Jun 19, 2:02 pm, Paul Popinjay <paulpopin...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Let me guess, you're about 19 or 20, right?  That's a stupid thing to
> post.  I don't care how old you are.

What are you talking about? I posted that because I know he would post
something similar if he could. Russ was big on that stuff. He long
argued that Stu Ungar, for example, was whacked out, rather than dying
in his sleep from complications due to cardiovascular disease. Russ
also told us many times that he was a marked man. I am certain that he
would mention foul play as a potential cause of his death (obviously,
he can't make any comments, but you know what I'm saying).

Do I believe Russ was murdered? Of course not. I believe he died of a
heart attack, as was claimed. But if I know Russ, he'd tell us that he
finally got taken out. That's just the way he is.

Again, RIP.

JG

eleaticus

Jun 19, 2009, 3:14:26 PM6/19/09

"Clave" <ClaviusNo...@cablespeed.com> wrote in message

> "VickiG" <rgsv...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > A LOVE LETTER TO MY FAVORITE POKER LEGEND.
>
> Not to take anything away from him or you, but that read as if it were
> written by Russ himself.

Too good grammatically and structurally..

> Will there be a death notice or obit in the Times/PI?
>
> Jim

eleaticus

Jun 19, 2009, 3:15:48 PM6/19/09
Thanks for all this, Vicki, and my regrets. Russ so often expressed his
reluctance to get medical (surgical) help with his heart that it is no great
surprise. Indeed, from my phone talks with him over the years, then
surprise is that he lasted this long.

Will you be taking care of his guys?

BTW, when you say he got his master points, you mean 'some', not Life
Master?

Dutch

Jun 19, 2009, 3:34:15 PM6/19/09

"K9way" <ad1...@webnntp.invalid> wrote in message

> On Jun 19 2009 12:44 AM, VickiG wrote:
>
>> A LOVE LETTER TO MY FAVORITE POKER LEGEND.
>>
>> After a short, but sweet, reappearance in Vegas, Russ Georgiev
>> returned home to Seattle, celebrated his 62nd birthday and died in his
>> sleep of a heart attack.

Nothing on his website, yet..

Porsche_Dan

Jun 19, 2009, 6:06:54 PM6/19/09
Ya Russ said you didn't spend enough time with your family..... such a
crime. Your wife is off limits but mine is not? You fucking hypocrite!

I talked to you privately and asked that you stop harassing Russ due to
his health problems but you just couldn't do it. Why don't you edit and
post that private discussion?

And trust me Morphy you DID almost kill him but not how you may think.

And now you can't even be civil on his sisters memorial thread. That my
friends is the true Morphy. A fucking piece of shit no class bully. I hope
YOU start searching for some peace now because you are going to need it in
hell.

> On Jun 19 2009 12:43 PM, Raider Fan wrote:
>
> > While all you say is true, he also had another side. Sorry you didn't get
> > to meet it.
>
> Yeah my wife and kids are sorry too.
>
> ---
> Morphy
> xaqm...@donkeymanifesto.com
> http://www.donkeymanifesto.com
>
> "I think they are mad that i am borderline psycho" --igotskillz
>
> "It's unfortunate that there are loons on both sides completely
> obfuscating what's going on." --Official RGP Mantra

______________________________________________________________________�

Abbey Johnsson

Jun 19, 2009, 6:33:32 PM6/19/09
On Jun 19 2009 12:44 AM, VickiG wrote:

> A LOVE LETTER TO MY FAVORITE POKER LEGEND�

wow. really a sad day. russ was one of the great characters of life.
life would be boring without people like him who march to the beat of a
different drummer. it feels like a big part of rgp has died .

ramashiva

Jun 19, 2009, 5:35:33 PM6/19/09
On Jun 18, 9:44 pm, VickiG <rgsvic...@gmail.com> wrote:
> A LOVE LETTER TO MY FAVORITE POKER LEGEND…

> After a short, but sweet, reappearance in Vegas, Russ Georgiev
> returned home to Seattle, celebrated his 62nd birthday and died in his
> sleep of a heart attack.

RIP Russ. Thanks for everything. You will be missed by many.

William Coleman (ramashiva)

Porsche_Dan

Jun 19, 2009, 7:04:02 PM6/19/09
On Jun 19 2009 2:31 PM, Abbey Johnsson wrote:

> On Jun 19 2009 12:44 AM, VickiG wrote:
>
> > A LOVE LETTER TO MY FAVORITE POKER LEGEND�
>

> wow. really a sad day. Russ was one of the great characters of life.

> life would be boring without people like him who march to the beat of a
> different drummer. it feels like a big part of rgp has died .

Perfectly stated............ a very nice eulogy!

----�

XaQ Morphy

Jun 19, 2009, 7:18:00 PM6/19/09
On Jun 19 2009 3:56 PM, Porsche_Dan wrote:

> Ya Russ said you didn't spend enough time with your family..... such a
> crime. Your wife is off limits but mine is not? You fucking hypocrite!

When did I ever say anything about your wife?

> I talked to you privately and asked that you stop harassing Russ due to
> his health problems but you just couldn't do it. Why don't you edit and
> post that private discussion?

If you remember when it was I'll post it. I'm not going to search through
it. However, you were begging me to "leave Russ alone" while he was
making unprovoked attacks on me and my family. Maybe that's what killed
him?

> And trust me Morphy you DID almost kill him but not how you may think.

Bullshit. I can't believe someone is so pathetic as to have something
posted on a newsgroup affect their health.

> And now you can't even be civil on his sisters memorial thread. That my
> friends is the true Morphy. A fucking piece of shit no class bully. I hope
> YOU start searching for some peace now because you are going to need it in
> hell.

I don't believe in hell, but I imagine it would be something like spending
an afternoon with you.

"I think they are mad that i am borderline psycho" --igotskillz

"It's unfortunate that there are loons on both sides completely
obfuscating what's going on." --Official RGP Mantra

_______________________________________________________________________�

XaQ Morphy

Jun 19, 2009, 7:33:46 PM6/19/09
On Jun 19 2009 5:16 PM, XaQ Morphy wrote:

> On Jun 19 2009 3:56 PM, Porsche_Dan wrote:
>
> > Ya Russ said you didn't spend enough time with your family..... such a
> > crime. Your wife is off limits but mine is not? You fucking hypocrite!
>
> When did I ever say anything about your wife?

Oh wait, I just realized you meant Este. Oops.

K9way

Jun 19, 2009, 7:55:28 PM6/19/09

Hang on PP ..This kid makes an excellent point . Russ has on many
occassions sullied the death of Barbara Glaser Sameulson to bolster his
need for attention and validation.

Why does he deserve any more or less respect than he gave her ?

Russ repeatedly manipulated the deaths of others in the same fashion.

When people die , they dont become better people . The people they leave
behind just seem to lose their vision .

Just when you think that youve been gypped ..the bearded lady comes and
does a double back flip!!!

____________________________________________________________________�

dave keiser

Jun 19, 2009, 8:05:16 PM6/19/09
IF THE MOTHERFUCKER IS REALLY DEAD I'LL SEE HIM AT THE POKER TABLE NEXT TO
THE FURNACE. IF YOU THINK IT COULDN'T GET WORSE THAN THAT MOTORMOUTH RAZZO
WILL BE DEALING ,KISSING ASS AS ALWAYS, FOR A PIECE OF COAL TIP

> RIP Russ. Thanks for everything. You will be missed by many.
>

> William Coleman (ramashiva)

dave

K9way

Jun 19, 2009, 8:11:04 PM6/19/09
On Jun 19 2009 6:44 PM, K9way wrote:

> On Jun 19 2009 2:02 PM, Paul Popinjay wrote:
>
> > JG wrote:
> > > If Russ were here to comment on his own death, he would tell us not to
> > > believe that a heart attack was the cause of his death. Instead, he
> > > would imply that the Corporation was finally able to take him out
> > > because he knew too much and was involved in too much.
> > >
> > > In any case, RIP.
> > >
> > > JG
> >

> > Let me guess, you're about 19 or 20, right? That's a stupid thing to
> > post. I don't care how old you are.
>

> Hang on PP ..This kid makes an excellent point . Russ has on many
> occassions sullied the death of Barbara Glaser Sameulson to bolster his
> need for attention and validation.
>
> Why does he deserve any more or less respect than he gave her ?
>
> Russ repeatedly manipulated the deaths of others in the same fashion.
>
> When people die , they dont become better people . The people they leave
> behind just seem to lose their vision .

> Just when you think that youve been gypped ..the bearded lady comes and
> does a double back flip!!!

Just when you think that youve been gypped ..the bearded lady comes and
does a double back flip!!!

------�

herdpm

Jun 19, 2009, 7:13:47 PM6/19/09

Xaqpussy is just that... a pussy. He's also a jealous piece of shit.

bo dark

Jun 19, 2009, 7:26:25 PM6/19/09
On Jun 18, 11:44 pm, VickiG <rgsvic...@gmail.com> wrote:
> A LOVE LETTER TO MY FAVORITE POKER LEGEND…
>
> After a short, but sweet, reappearance in Vegas, Russ Georgiev
> returned home to Seattle, celebrated his 62nd birthday and died in his
> sleep of a heart attack.
>
> To those of you who say, “That’s great news!” I offer this. Russ was
> smarter than most of the population and was able to figure things out
> from a very early age. He played bridge as a child and actually had
> his master points by age 5 ½. He was an entrepreneur at age 8 and had
> 7 neighborhood children in his ‘employ’ making and selling custom
> potholders. At 16 he was winning huge amounts of money pot bowling at
> Lewis and Clark lanes. Because he ‘saw’ something no one else had seen
> in greyhound betting procedures, he took advantage of his knowledge
> and, legally, made a killing at the dogs – finally ‘they’ caught on
> and all greyhound betting had to be revised. He was arrogant, but he
> had a right to be. He was exceptionally good-looking, intelligent,
> well-mannered, well-read, drove great cars, wore the best clothes, and
> could out-argue and out-think almost all the people he came in contact
> with. So to those of you who are glad at hearing the news, I say,
> you’re just plain jealous, the normal response of those who don’t
> measure up and can’t appreciate someone who does.
>
> Was he a braggart? Yup. But, at least his stories were true. I have
> printed email correspondence to him from all the guys you know from
> the poker world. And I was with Russ when Ruth Streeter of “60
> Minutes” called him about doing an expose. And I counted the $70,000
> cash he used to carry around in a paper bag back in the 70’s. We
> weren’t on the best of terms in the late 80’s, but he sent me $200-
> $300 cash per week for 18 months when I was undergoing chemotherapy.
> He helped countless people, some just to keep up the big shot image,
> but more because he was actually a kind-hearted guy.
>
> Was he a cheat? He admitted it. He divulged all kinds of things about
> cheating, but most people didn’t believe him. Look at online poker…
> Russ surely had the last laugh.
>
> He wrote a great book, POKER UNCHECKED. To understand how brilliant a
> player he was you need to know that he challenged the best to prove
> him wrong and they declined. He challenged them to heads-up games, and
> they declined.
>
> So Russ is dead and I bet the posts on your poker websites will be a
> lot duller without him.
>
> To those of you who will sincerely miss him, I say he was on his way
> back to the top. A long while back he came up with a revolutionary
> idea for pari-mutuel betting – the Nevada Gaming authority stalled for
> years before recently approving it. You should see it in action before
> too long…
>
> And before the rumors start…for the record, Russ died owing NOTHING.
>
> I will miss him.
>
> Vicki,
> younger sister of Russ Georgiev

Condolences to your family.

O-PGManager

Jun 19, 2009, 8:40:59 PM6/19/09
Nice post Paul. I'm disappointed in Morphy as well.

------�

Porsche_Dan

Jun 19, 2009, 8:41:11 PM6/19/09
> > And trust me Morphy you DID almost kill him but not how you may think.
>
> Bullshit. I can't believe someone is so pathetic as to have something
> posted on a newsgroup affect their health.

Do you understand the "not how you think" part? Seriously!

after you refused to be the bigger man and leave Russ be I tried to get
Russ to give it a break. But no way, it gave him great joy believe me, he
really had a good time with it.

So I sent him the Morphy family picture from your FaceBook front page. Why
you posted that picture for all to see is beyond me. He laughed so hard
and started screaming "MY EYES MY EYES" he had to take a nitro pill.
Several other RGP'rs had the exact same response so it wasn't just Russ. I
had hoped he would take pity on you and your personal hell but of course
he couldn't.

I spent hours on the phone with him, playing poker, listening to his
stories, laughing until I cried. Russ was a VERY funny guy. His last words
after coming back from Vegas:

"I look so much better than Razzo!"

GG Russ......... You were the man!

________________________________________________________________________�

O-PGManager

Jun 19, 2009, 8:44:13 PM6/19/09
I remember when I first found RGP in 2003 Russ was flooding his crazy
posts. I've always loved my free Poker Mafia tshirt. He will be missed.

--------�

XaQ Morphy

Jun 19, 2009, 8:58:12 PM6/19/09
On Jun 19 2009 6:30 PM, Porsche_Dan wrote:

> Do you understand the "not how you think" part? Seriously!

I don't really care.

> after you refused to be the bigger man and leave Russ be I tried to get
> Russ to give it a break. But no way, it gave him great joy believe me, he
> really had a good time with it.

Yeah right Dan. I stopped replying to him but he kept it up. He asked
for it, so I continued to troll the shit out of him.

> So I sent him the Morphy family picture from your FaceBook front page. Why
> you posted that picture for all to see is beyond me. He laughed so hard
> and started screaming "MY EYES MY EYES" he had to take a nitro pill.
> Several other RGP'rs had the exact same response so it wasn't just Russ. I
> had hoped he would take pity on you and your personal hell but of course
> he couldn't.

I'm perfectly happy with my looks and my family's looks. Anyone who
thinks any of the things you say are either blind or incredibly stupid.
You're lying about "several other RGP'rs", unless you can provide names.
Your "wife" Este doesn't count.

> I spent hours on the phone with him, playing poker, listening to his
> stories, laughing until I cried. Russ was a VERY funny guy. His last words
> after coming back from Vegas:

I'm sorry I didn't experience this. The Russ that myself and several
others knew was the spamming, crazy, illiterate, vindictive, over
medicated, and all out moronic Russ. He was a piece of shit through and
through and nothing you or anyone can say will change my mind. Based on
how you're acting, you're going down the same path. You've proven you're
gearing up to be a bigger piece of shit than Russ was, so feel free to
keep letting yourself get trolled silly.

"I think they are mad that i am borderline psycho" --igotskillz

"It's unfortunate that there are loons on both sides completely
obfuscating what's going on." --Official RGP Mantra

---�

A Man Beaten by Jacks

Jun 19, 2009, 9:25:21 PM6/19/09
On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 21:44:20 -0700 (PDT), VickiG <rgsv...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Vicki,
>younger sister of Russ Georgiev

Sorry Vicki. Too bad he died. It won't be quite the same place
without him.

Jachomo

Jun 19, 2009, 9:26:09 PM6/19/09
> xaqmor...@donkeymanifesto.comhttp://www.donkeymanifesto.com

> "I think they are mad that i am borderline psycho"  --igotskillz
>
> "It's unfortunate that there are loons on both sides completely
> obfuscating what's going on." --Official RGP Mantra
>
> ---
> RecGroups : the community-oriented newsreader :www.recgroups.com

You really are a serious piece of shit... you're jealous of everyone
and everything... stop chasing other people you stupid fuck.

RazzO

Jun 20, 2009, 12:54:50 AM6/20/09
Hey, FUCK FACE DONKEY, firstly, he did/does more for poker then you will
do in two of your lifetimes, secondly, your troll 24/7 family man posts
does more harm then he does.

You are one of the few people I have kill filed. I see your posts from
time to time. This was snipped from a PP post. You truly are one of the
biggest wanna be RGP'ers I have ever seen, and I have been here since the
beginning.

If Russ is dead all you did was move up a notch, which isn't anything at
all. We all moved up a notch.

Fuck you, Morphy. You and the donkey you ride in to RGP on.
Russ and I were beefing back and forth here while you were still popping
zits on your forehead, something I'm sure you still do. I'm glad, if true,
I got to meet him and tell him I was sorry.

Pathetic CS.

> XaQ Morphy wrote:
>

> > Serious question. Someone shits all over RGP for years, chases off anyone
> > interested in discussing poker, spends the last few years of his life on
> > highly medicated crazy personal attacks, and we're supposed to all fall in
> > love with him because he died?
> >
> > The guy was a cheat, bragged about it day in and day out. Cheated the
> > game that we all play or played, the game that brought us all to RGP for
> > one reason or another. He stood for everything wrong about the game,
> > offered nothing of value, and now he's dead. Does that mean we're
> > supposed to forget all the things he did year in and year out and praise
> > him?
> >
> > Fuck that. I certainly wouldn't want false praise from someone like Russ
> > when I die.

RazzO

Soon to be happy Florida Poker Player Comment (video)
http://www.xtranormal.com/watch?e=20090526132257794

________________________________________________________________________�

Porsche_Dan

Jun 20, 2009, 1:20:36 AM6/20/09
> I'm perfectly happy with my looks and my family's looks. Anyone who
> thinks any of the things you say are either blind or incredibly stupid.
> You're lying about "several other RGP'rs", unless you can provide names.
> Your "wife" Este doesn't count.

Let me give you the big picture here since you are clearly lost:

You spend hours and hours on this site degrading people who you don't even
know. Thousands and thousands of posts and for what? So you can feel
better about yourself? Seriously, why waste so much of your time?

Recent example: I post something positive about Esteban and you change the
header and make false accusations of him owing money to other RGP people.
Not owing YOU, other people. What exactly did I or Esteban do to deserve
that? Is that your way of asking for an apology for something else?

Don't bother answering, I'm just using this as an example. I have read you
for years and this is just my observation of how you operate.

Bottom line, you are de-humanizing yourself and others.

Russ's point was that a man your age and intellect should be out doing
other things for himself and his family. Your behavior here is destructive
to you and the people around you. You say you don't care what people type
or think here, that is delusional. Or if you really don't care? You are
damaged because it is quite human to care.

I lost sleep because of Russ's death. Never met the man, he had a good and
bad side, but for whatever reason I cared. Which is why you got such a
degrading response from me after you posted shit on his sisters memorial
post. Even to a crass man like me that was out of bounds.

I don't post private conversations, that is another boundary I have, so
quit asking. I know what I say to be true and so do others. That is good
enough for me in this case.

That is all I have to say on this subject. Give it some thought, I hope it
helps you in the future. Peace to you and your family.

> > I spent hours on the phone with him, playing poker, listening to his
> > stories, laughing until I cried. Russ was a VERY funny guy. His last words
> > after coming back from Vegas:
>
> I'm sorry I didn't experience this. The Russ that myself and several
> others knew was the spamming, crazy, illiterate, vindictive, over
> medicated, and all out moronic Russ. He was a piece of shit through and
> through and nothing you or anyone can say will change my mind. Based on
> how you're acting, you're going down the same path. You've proven you're
> gearing up to be a bigger piece of shit than Russ was, so feel free to
> keep letting yourself get trolled silly.
>
> ---
> Morphy
> xaqm...@donkeymanifesto.com
> http://www.donkeymanifesto.com
>
> "I think they are mad that i am borderline psycho" --igotskillz
>
> "It's unfortunate that there are loons on both sides completely
> obfuscating what's going on." --Official RGP Mantra

------�

lvdlrs

Jun 20, 2009, 2:41:49 AM6/20/09
On Jun 19 2009 11:43 PM, RazzO wrote:
> Pathetic CS.

Would that be cock sucker or chicken shit? I know it's not card shark.

Gary (...) Philips

topset72

Jun 20, 2009, 2:42:17 AM6/20/09
On Jun 19, 1:53 pm, Paul Popinjay <paulpopin...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Russ was just an acquaintance of mine and I did not get to know him
> well.  I still liked him.  Your mentioning that he was a cheat and then
> going on and on about it like it was the crime of the century carries no
> weight with me.  I've got at least one best friend who would kill for
> me.  Yet he has spent more time in the joint in the last 20 years than
> being outside.  He has robbed banks.  He has seriously assaulted and
> maimed other guys from other neighborhoods.  Yet he made me the
> godfather of one of his babies.  .  Your thinking is fucked up, dude.- Hide quoted text -

You're the one with fucked up thinking you mental and real midget.
Guys who rob banks and maim guys from other neighborhoods (good
reason) are bad people. Just because he let you stand in church with
him while he was not out commiting heinous acts doesn't make him good.

topset72

topset72

Jun 20, 2009, 2:47:10 AM6/20/09
On Jun 20, 1:20 am, "Porsche_Dan" <porsche....@gmail.com> wrote:
> I lost sleep because of Russ's death. Never met the man, he had a good and
> bad side, but for whatever reason I cared. Which is why you got such a
> degrading response from me after you posted shit on his sisters memorial
> post. Even to a crass man like me that was out of bounds.

You lost sleep because a scummy cheat you didn't know died. And
morphy needs to get off these boards and into the real world?

His sister started this topic. Her strange memorial piece was not a
response to attacks. When you start off a memorial with 3 paragraphs
about how your brother had good qualiteis and was not a scumbag...he
probably was. Sorry.

topset72

RIP

RazzO

Jun 20, 2009, 4:25:33 AM6/20/09
Yes, Gary, it meant card shark. Can't get anything by you.

On Jun 19 2009 10:30 PM, lvdlrs wrote:

> On Jun 19 2009 11:43 PM, RazzO wrote:
> > Pathetic CS.
>

> I know it's not card shark.
>
> Gary (...) Philips

RazzO

Soon to be happy Florida Poker Player Comment (video)
http://www.xtranormal.com/watch?e=20090526132257794

________________________________________________________________________�

A Man Beaten by Jacks

Jun 20, 2009, 3:32:43 AM6/20/09
On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 21:54:50 -0700, "RazzO" <ra...@razzo.com> wrote:

>Hey, FUCK FACE DONKEY, firstly, he did/does more for poker then you will
>do in two of your lifetimes, secondly, your troll 24/7 family man posts
>does more harm then he does.
>
>You are one of the few people I have kill filed. I see your posts from
>time to time. This was snipped from a PP post. You truly are one of the
>biggest wanna be RGP'ers I have ever seen, and I have been here since the
>beginning.
>
>If Russ is dead all you did was move up a notch, which isn't anything at
>all. We all moved up a notch.
>
>Fuck you, Morphy. You and the donkey you ride in to RGP on.
>Russ and I were beefing back and forth here while you were still popping
>zits on your forehead, something I'm sure you still do. I'm glad, if true,
>I got to meet him and tell him I was sorry.
>
>Pathetic CS.

Dude, he's dead. You can suck him off as much as you like but he
still won't come in your mouth.

Follow

Jun 20, 2009, 4:54:21 AM6/20/09
On Jun 18 2009 10:44 PM, VickiG wrote:

> A LOVE LETTER TO MY FAVORITE POKER LEGEND�

> Vicki,
> younger sister of Russ Georgiev

I'm sorry to hear about this. If nothing else, he was a very interesting
person. I always wanted to take him up on his marked card challenge, but
never got around to it. Guess I never will. :(

Follow

A Man Beaten by Jacks

Jun 20, 2009, 3:50:25 AM6/20/09
On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 22:20:36 -0700, "Porsche_Dan"
<porsc...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Russ's point was that a man your age and intellect should be out doing
>other things for himself and his family. Your behavior here is destructive
>to you and the people around you. You say you don't care what people type
>or think here, that is delusional. Or if you really don't care? You are
>damaged because it is quite human to care.

Oh good God for Christ's fucking sake. Jesus himself would bitchslap
anyone talking such shit. At the time Russ was XaQ Morphy's age, he
was fucking hookers, if he fucked anything. At the time Russ died, he
was fucking hookers, if he fucked anything. At most, he mocks idiots
on the Internet.

Get over it.

Russ has, even if it took him dying to get over it.

I'm pretty goddamn sure Morphy gives a shit about the people in his
life. But guess what, Russ was not in his life, was not in my life,
and was not in the "real" life of most people here. He was just this
asshole who spammed up the place with what were, let's remember
reality for a second here, utter goddamn lies about people like Doyle
Brunson. He provided ZERO proof of any of the shit he said. Just
insults to anyone who asked for it.

I'm not glad he's a rotting, stinking corpse, lying in a coffin, or
that whatever body he has in hell is probably busy sucking Satan's
cock. But regardless of that, he was a lying, cheating scumbag, and
now he's dead. If nothing else, nobody will be cheated by him in the
future. And Satan's member will be suitably serviced.

He was certainly a character, but a mangy, scabrous character, like
Amarillo Slim will be when his child molesting ass is embalmed and
buried.

Criticizing him while he was alive is no sin, nor is commenting
accurately on what he was, when he is dead.

And don't get the idea that I hated the guy, tho he was a cheating
scumbag. He had his good points, too. But what he was most famous
for was being a lying cheater, and that's what he himself most often
boasted of, that he was a really good cheating, lying scumbag.

I suspect he'd like the endless controversy that will keep his name
alive. And if he's reading this, fuck you Russ. You'll never get to
play Barry Greenstein now, you dead pussy!

Paul Popinjay

Jun 20, 2009, 9:17:26 AM6/20/09
"topset72" <tops...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> You're the one with fucked up thinking you mental and real midget.

You wouldn't say that straight to my face.

Unless maybe I was standing on some phone books.

DaVoice (recgroups)

Jun 20, 2009, 1:26:42 PM6/20/09
On Jun 19 2009 12:34 PM, Dutch wrote:

> "K9way" <ad1...@webnntp.invalid> wrote in message
> > On Jun 19 2009 12:44 AM, VickiG wrote:
> >
> >> A LOVE LETTER TO MY FAVORITE POKER LEGEND.

> >> After a short, but sweet, reappearance in Vegas, Russ Georgiev
> >> returned home to Seattle, celebrated his 62nd birthday and died in his
> >> sleep of a heart attack.
>

> Nothing on his website, yet..

It is there now.

Rick "ADB DaVoice" Charles
http://www.voiceofpoker.com

DaVoice (recgroups)

Jun 20, 2009, 1:29:21 PM6/20/09
On Jun 19 2009 3:46 AM, Arlo-Payne wrote:

> I really question this.
> I just heard from Russ a few days ago
> Also I dont recall any of your posts.
> I for one hope this is not true. Russ is my friend
>

> On Jun 18 2009 9:44 PM, VickiG wrote:
>
> > A LOVE LETTER TO MY FAVORITE POKER LEGEND�

> > After a short, but sweet, reappearance in Vegas, Russ Georgiev
> > returned home to Seattle, celebrated his 62nd birthday and died in his
> > sleep of a heart attack.
> >

> > Vicki,
> > younger sister of Russ Georgiev

Arlo, I spoke to him about a week before he was leaving for LV, It is now
posted on his website that the rumors are indeed, true. I send my sincere
condolences to his family and friends.

Rick "ADB DaVoice" Charles
http://www.voiceofpoker.com

---�

DaVoice (recgroups)

Jun 20, 2009, 1:30:26 PM6/20/09
On Jun 19 2009 9:43 AM, dave keiser wrote:

> WHERE'S THE GRAVE I'LL FLY RIGHT OUT AND DRINK A COUPLE 6 PACKS AND WATER
> IT. NO LOST TO THE WORLD BUT I THINK LIKE A VAMPIRE HE'LL RISE AT NIGHT
>

> On Jun 19 2009 11:20 AM, Robert Ladd wrote:
>
> > "Paul Popinjay" <paulpo...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

> > > Well damn! I was really hoping this was a bad joke. Now I believe it.
> > >
> > > Not good. Not good at all.
> > >
> > > Question To his sister: What about the cats? Are the cats provided for?
> > >
> > > Sorry to hear this. Really sorry about this.
> > >
> > > -Paul
> >
> > Russ' sister is at his house going through his things Paul. I don't want
> > bother her again with a call, she is understandably upset, but since she
is
> > there I'm sure she is taking care of the cats.
> >
> > Robert Ladd
>

> dave

Keiser, you've sunk to a new low, even for YOU, which I may add, is a hard
thing to do.

Rick "ADB DaVoice" Charles
http://www.voiceofpoker.com

------�

Follow

Jun 20, 2009, 2:58:36 PM6/20/09
On Jun 20 2009 1:50 AM, A Man Beaten by Jacks wrote:

> Get over it.

So the guy is dead, and you didn't like him. Are the tirades really
necessary? Sure, you're speaking your version of the "truth" which are
your opinions that you're entitled to have. However, in keeping civil in
any circumstance, people understand when it's appropriate to keep their
opinions to themselves. It makes no sense at all to come to a place (or
in this case a thread) where people are obviously highlighting their
opposite opinions to yours and start ranting unless your goal is to cause
tension.

Why would you say that people have their right to grieve, especially
family members of the deceased and then fly straight into their faces in
order to cause tension in such an obvious way? I expect this kind of
behavior from a douche like Keiser, he's about as ridiculous as they come.
However, when Doggy is more civil than you (by 'you' I mean you and
Morphy at the moment), you might want to take a quick inventory to figure
out just what you're doing.

Follow

XaQ Morphy

Jun 20, 2009, 3:17:10 PM6/20/09
On Jun 20 2009 2:32 AM, A Man Beaten by Jacks wrote:

> Dude, he's dead. You can suck him off as much as you like but he
> still won't come in your mouth.

lol @ this. I killfiled Razzo a while back because he's just another
class A moron. Thanks for quoting that, it gave me a good laugh. I love
how people think that because I post during my work day that I'm
abandoning my family. Their level of stupidity is so high I can't even
fathom it.

"I think they are mad that i am borderline psycho" --igotskillz

"It's unfortunate that there are loons on both sides completely
obfuscating what's going on." --Official RGP Mantra

____________________________________________________________________�

Robert Ladd

Jun 20, 2009, 2:48:28 PM6/20/09

"A Man Beaten by Jacks" <nob...@fool.foo> wrote in message

> On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 22:20:36 -0700, "Porsche_Dan"
> He was just this
> asshole who spammed up the place with what were, let's remember
> reality for a second here, utter goddamn lies about people like Doyle
> Brunson. He provided ZERO proof of any of the shit he said. Just
> insults to anyone who asked for it.
>
> He was certainly a character, but a mangy, scabrous character, like
> Amarillo Slim will be when his child molesting ass is embalmed and
> buried.

I don't have a clue about whether Russ was correct about Doyle, nor do I
have any proof about the allegations against Amarillo Slim. And I would
guess that you don't either.

Unless you have definite proof on either, you are just displaying your
ignorance by automatically accepting one and rejecting the other.

Robert Ladd

A Man Beaten by Jacks

Jun 20, 2009, 4:27:47 PM6/20/09
On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 11:48:28 -0700, "Robert Ladd" <rla...@cox.net>
wrote:

>"A Man Beaten by Jacks" <nob...@fool.foo> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 22:20:36 -0700, "Porsche_Dan"
>> He was just this
>> asshole who spammed up the place with what were, let's remember
>> reality for a second here, utter goddamn lies about people like Doyle
>> Brunson. He provided ZERO proof of any of the shit he said. Just
>> insults to anyone who asked for it.
>>
>> He was certainly a character, but a mangy, scabrous character, like
>> Amarillo Slim will be when his child molesting ass is embalmed and
>> buried.
>>

>I don't have a clue about whether Russ was correct about Doyle,

And neither did Russ, but he just kept talking shit. Considering he
routinely lied about anything he discussed, it's hard to take him
seriously. I seriously doubt that Doyle was always the avuncular
near-saint that he's generally portrayed as now, and I wouldn't be at
all surprised if he cheated at some point. But I have zero reason to
buy Russ' version.

He lied right here over and over again, about how he'd "swim a river
of shit" to play Barry Greenstein, then chickened out in every
imaginable way.

Now, I don't blame him. Even among the few poker players in the world
who would have a slight edge over Greenstein, few would actually be
bankrolled to take advantage of their minute edge.

>nor do I
>have any proof about the allegations against Amarillo Slim. And I would
>guess that you don't either.

He pled nolo and is a criminal convict.

>Unless you have definite proof on either, you are just displaying your
>ignorance by automatically accepting one and rejecting the other.

He's convicted of it. So STFU tard. Go blow Amarillo Slime some
more.

A Man Beaten by Jacks

Jun 20, 2009, 4:30:12 PM6/20/09
On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 11:58:36 -0700, "Follow" <lamema...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc

Clave

Jun 20, 2009, 5:54:44 PM6/20/09
"Clave" <ClaviusNo...@cablespeed.com> wrote in message news:...

> "VickiG" <rgsv...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> A LOVE LETTER TO MY FAVORITE POKER LEGEND�
>
> Not to take anything away from him or you, but that read as if it were
> written by Russ himself.
>
> Will there be a death notice or obit in the Times/PI?

Hello?

Jim

Edward Hutchison

Jun 20, 2009, 8:04:58 PM6/20/09
Although I was never a fan of Russ or his methods, his writings on the
subject of poker--especially the currently ignored versions like stud,
stud/8, and Omaha/8--demonstrated a real understanding of the game.
This would be a good time to focus on these positive contributions,
and extend the mercy we will someday ask for ourselves.

I want to express my sincere condolences to his friends and family.

Edward Hutchison
Madison, MS

A Man Beaten by Jacks

Jun 20, 2009, 8:37:05 PM6/20/09

Edward Hutchison has posted. He truly is dead.

I'll definitely agree on the stud/8 front. He had some good things to
say on the subject. I think anyone who read his stud/8 material and
understood even half of it would probably have a good start as a
winning player. (I still suck at stud/8 and my strategy mainly
consists of raising enough early on that my later chasing is
justified.)

La Cosa Nostradamus

Jun 20, 2009, 11:42:18 PM6/20/09
Sad news Vicki. I liked Russ. We differed on many things yet were friends
here. Hope everything is Ok.

Kevin Coxen ( igotskillz }

On Jun 19 2009 12:44 AM, VickiG wrote:

> A LOVE LETTER TO MY FAVORITE POKER LEGEND�

December 21,2012 playlist

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=D3A0E9D9365E4D5B

_____________________________________________________________________�

Follow

Jun 20, 2009, 11:58:59 PM6/20/09

Concession accepted, sir.

Follow

_______________________________________________________________________�

lvdlrs

Jun 21, 2009, 12:53:54 AM6/21/09
On Jun 20 2009 2:48 PM, Robert Ladd wrote:

> I don't have a clue about whether Russ was correct about Doyle, nor do I
> have any proof about the allegations against Amarillo Slim. And I would
> guess that you don't either.

In the early 90's at the Horseshoe in Las Vegas I was sitting in the
dealer's box waiting for the 20/40 Holdem game to start and initiated a
conversation with Johnny Moss who was being staked by Jack Binion to host
the game. We were talking about what it was like playing poker during the
times of his youth. How he'd go on road trips with one or two other
cohorts playing in back rooms and such. He stated, and I remember it
well, that if you didn't cheat in those poker games, then it was you who
were being cheated.
Puggy Pearson bragged to me about a couple of techniques he'd used in the
past to snag
a large denomination chip or two from the pot. It's from these
conversations and others that I've surmised that poker back then was
viewed very differently than it is today. It was not a game or a contest
or a sport. It was viewed as simply the safest way of separating the
sucker from his money. You could rob a bank but the bank would know it
was being robbed and the consequences if caught would be severe. However
if you cheated well at poker the mark would never know it and even if you
got caught, well, didn't Russ say numerous times that no one ever got
prosecuted for cheating in poker. Maybe the crap beat out of him like you
saw in the movie Rounders, but so what? You healed and moved on to a
different part of the country.
So was cheating rampant in the poker days of yore? I think so. What
about today? Probably some but not near so prevalent. Have any of
poker's popular players been involved in cheating?
Russ thought so. Poker is mainstream now. It has it's roots, it's
history, it's stars. You can watch it every day on TV. Major tournaments
dot every month of the calender. Some even overlap. Today it is big
business. What's the point of sullying any of that? Do you think any of
those cheated will ever get their money back? Betty Carey can give you an
answer to that. So let the Legends continue to be Legends and let
sleeping dogs lie. There's hardly any reason to cast aspersions. To seek
the truth? There's nothing to gain by it. Way too altruistic. Russ had
the only real reason. He said it may times here on RGP. Revenge.
He's dead now, or so I'm told, and the legacy he left are his posts on
RGP, posts I think have more truth to them than people think.

Gary (...) Philips

It is loading more messages.