OT: Cops kick some ASS!

1 view

Paul Popinjay

May 7, 2008, 9:01:14 PM5/7/08
Holy smoke! I thought our good men in blue out here in Los Angeles knew
how to kick Rodney King's ass, but it looks like the fellas in
Philadelphia know how to do it RIGHT!

Here is the video. And I'm laughing my ass off!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhyC7SdVE2E&feature=related

-Paul Popinjay

K9way

May 7, 2008, 9:59:36 PM5/7/08
Pretty soon they are going to have to find a car load of white fraternity
brothers and kick the shit outta them , just to eleviate the racial
aspects of this kind of thing!!

Paul Popinjay

May 7, 2008, 10:09:46 PM5/7/08
K9way wrote:

> Pretty soon they are going to have to find a car load of white fraternity

> brothers and kick the shit outta them , just to elevate the racial

> aspects of this kind of thing!!

And why are you assuming that this is not a car load of white fraternity
brothers? Can you tell what they look like from the video? Unless you
can show me evidence to the contrary, I think I WILL assume this was a
car load of white fraternity brothers. Regardless of who it was, they
NEEDED their asses kicked. Maybe it's about time that there was more of
this kind of reaction by the police when they apprehend these vicious
gangsters. There's just too much crime and something has to be done
about it. Did you watch the video I linked and see the whiny sniveling
lawyer crying about how they got lumps on their heads? Too bad they
didn't put some lumps on HIS head too!

-Paul Popinjay

Paddy_O

May 7, 2008, 11:03:29 PM5/7/08
Unless the one of the white fraternity brother's mom is an older black lady
that said ""I realize an officer was killed, but that's no excuse for what
the did to my son," later in the video, it appearsthe "white fraternity
brother crusing inner city philly shooting cops" theory isn't looking so
plausible.

I could be some kind of kind of "white chicks" thing and it was actually
black dudes dressed as white chicks shooting cops... that would explain the
middle age black lady mom thing, but we'd have to change it to a car load of
white sorority chicks. Then again, the "white chicks" black dudes were
actually cops, so they'd be more likely to be issuing the ass whuppin' than
shooting thieir buddies... unless they were Denzell Washington in that
training day movie... then again, he was such a bad ass it seems very
unlikely that there could possibly be a car load of him. He lives in LA, I
think...

Maybe it was some Steve Martin "I was born a poor black child" kind of
stuff???? Wouldn't really work because he was way to dumb to get into
college on a scholarship and way to poor to get in despite being dumb... and
a fraternity is right out -- he was moronic enough to be in one, but just
didn't have the scratch to be one of the boys.

This is some confusing stuff. Please sort it out for us Popinjay....

In any event, the snively lawyer could certainly use a good ass whuppin'

"Paul Popinjay" <"paulpopinjay[nospam]"@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

> K9way wrote:
>
>> Pretty soon they are going to have to find a car load of white fraternity
>> brothers and kick the shit outta them , just to elevate the racial
>> aspects of this kind of thing!!
>>

> And why are you assuming that this is not a car load of white fraternity
> brothers? Can you tell what they look like from the video? Unless you
> can show me evidence to the contrary, I think I WILL assume this was a
> car load of white fraternity brothers. Regardless of who it was, they

> NEEDED their asses kicked. Maybe it's about time the at there was more of

Schmedley

May 8, 2008, 12:39:42 AM5/8/08

"Paul Popinjay" <"paulpopinjay[nospam]"@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

The Philadelphia Police lost one over the weekend and things are kind of
tense - one of the people is still on the street. So it is not a good time
to piss them off.

Martin D

May 8, 2008, 3:08:26 AM5/8/08
> ..an older black lady said, "I realize an officer
> was killed, but that's no excuse for what they did
> to my son."

Typical gangster mother. They don't take any interest whatsoever in
raising their kids, but when their darling little ganstsa/s get in
trouble suddenly it's, "Oh my boy! Oh my baby!"

OrangeSFO

May 8, 2008, 3:19:37 AM5/8/08
Paulie, I will fight anyone who says you're just an authoritarian
fascist.

RazzO

May 8, 2008, 4:53:30 AM5/8/08
Orange, you don't think we're on the path Fascism, as opposed to a
Constitutionally governed country?

On May 8 2008 12:19 AM, OrangeSFO wrote:

> Paulie, I will fight anyone who says you're just an authoritarian
> fascist.

RazzO
email:ticorazz (at) yahoo.com
http://www.razzo.com

looking for a better newsgroup-reader? - www.recgroups.com

Paul Popinjay

May 8, 2008, 9:06:28 AM5/8/08
OrangeSFO wrote:

> Paulie, I will fight anyone who says you're just an authoritarian
> fascist.

Orange, you are a true champion of the proletariat.

Right on, my brother! OrangeSFO is DOWN with the people!

PP

Paul Popinjay

May 8, 2008, 9:01:33 AM5/8/08

Not only that, but what about that whiny snively lawyer that was in that
interview? Where was HIS mother when her son went down the wrong
path?

Parents need to share some of the responsibility.

-Paul Popinjay

garycarson

May 8, 2008, 9:40:02 AM5/8/08
On May 7 2008 10:09 PM, Paul Popinjay wrote:

> K9way wrote:
>
> > Pretty soon they are going to have to find a car load of white fraternity
> > brothers and kick the shit outta them , just to elevate the racial
> > aspects of this kind of thing!!
> >

> And why are you assuming that this is not a car load of white fraternity
> brothers?

Because there aren't that many cops with the balls to treat a white guy
that way.

Cops are basically cowards. They are tough guys if they think you have no
power. Without a gun and badge they simply can't cope with life. They
screen for that as part of the hiring process.

--------

K9way

May 8, 2008, 10:40:09 AM5/8/08
DUH!!!

all the lawyers on TV and the women , crying and complaining were black

You can get 10-1 the arrestees were all black!!

-------

Jerry Sturdivant

May 8, 2008, 10:28:29 AM5/8/08

"garycarson" <garyc...@alumni.northwestern.edu> wrote

> Cops are basically cowards.

Gee, a cowardly generalization. I was a cop and I was no coward.

> They are tough guys if they think you have no power.

We are tough guys BECAUSE you have power.

> Without a gun and badge they simply can't cope with life.

Oh, please.

It's the failures of our court system. Not only from the sentencing
structures, where time served has little relationship with sentences
incurred, but from the criminal charges themselves.

The police risk their lives enforcing the laws and making arrests. Yet the
court systems invariably plea-bargain charges, reduced charges, and trade
away charges. To the detriment of the police officers themselves, Resisting
Arrest and Assault on an Officer charges are routinely dismissed. I had one
judge state; "I'd resist arrest, too," before throwing out the charge. The
criminals know and understand this. It's why they resist arrest and attempt
high-speed get-aways; all to the endangerment of the police officers and
citizens. Between amnesty and various governors and presidents commuting
sentences, letting criminals go as, 'good will gestures,' or 'end of term
benefits,' continue.

The same holds true in prisons. Guards are endangered on a daily basis
because the 'lifer' has little to worry about by attacking officers or
throwing urine or feces on guards. The only protections these officers have
is to impose the penalties the courts won't impose. Street Justice is the
term used by officers and well known by the criminals. "Kill a Cop" and you
never survive the arrest.

It's up to the justice system to protect police officers and prison guards
by charging officer related crimes and assuring the sentences are applied.
Only then will you increase officer safety by stemming Resisting arrest and
Evading Arrest.

And please quit whining about police over-use of power. It's not a contest.
When I went into a bar fight I use the maximum power available because when
they lose the fight, they lay down and say, "I give up." If I were to lose
the fight, they would kick me to death.

Jerry 'n Vegas

K9way

May 8, 2008, 10:46:04 AM5/8/08
razzo,
do you remember Phil Harris? he was Donna the Duck's ex husband.. funny
SOB .. was the lead jailer downtown .. they did a half hour special on
COPS about him and his job.

fuckin great guy.. dealt at the stardust in like 81-82, and maybe the
Nugget

used to play at Binion's in the early 90's

On May 8 2008 3:53 AM, RazzO wrote:

> Orange, you don't think we're on the path Fascism, as opposed to a
> Constitutionally governed country?
>

> On May 8 2008 12:19 AM, OrangeSFO wrote:
>
> > Paulie, I will fight anyone who says you're just an authoritarian
> > fascist.
>

> RazzO
> email:ticorazz (at) yahoo.com
> http://www.razzo.com

John_Brian_K

May 8, 2008, 11:00:20 AM5/8/08
> Here is the video. And I'm laughing my ass off!
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhyC7SdVE2E&feature=related
>

> -Paul Popinjay

Ok here is JBK's 2 cents on the subject (sorry PeePee 2 cents is all I can
afford)

I am not a criminal, never have been never will be. You know why that is?
Because I do not want to get my ass kicked like that!

If it ever happened to an 'honest' person who did nothing wrong then I say
sue the police and move on with a nice pay check. When it happens to
criminals I have a hard time feeling like the cops did anything wrong. I
did not watch the video, but heard about it on the radio this morning so I
have no idea of the severity of it.

Criminals deserve to be treated like CRIMINALS.

BOOM byae
John

------

K9way

May 8, 2008, 11:10:26 AM5/8/08
So then.. your rant justifies a 16 on 3 'beatdown'?

We should just write this off as 'blowin off steam".. boys in blue will be
boys in blue"?

Police want to be cops for one reason , and one reason only.. SO THEY CAN
HURT PEOPLE .

the rest of what they do is simply a means of preserving this right .

Whats the first thing every cop, caught in an investigation, or inquiry
says? "I COULD LOSE MY JOB". nothing asbout the people they have killed
or maimed just "I might lose my job"

Check out the Dan Lovelace execution of a woman(Rae dawn Nelson) in line
at the local walgreens in Chandler arizona. He shot and killed a 37 year
old white woman , with a 19 month old baby in the car , because she was
trying to pass a phony perscription

DONT WORRY HE WALKED AND SUED FOR HIS JOB BACK. Howard Beale (Marc) should
be able to verify this story

His first interview, included his concerns about losing his job!!!

-----

Mark B [Diputsur]

May 8, 2008, 11:32:01 AM5/8/08

"John_Brian_K" <John_Brian...@Yahoo.Com> wrote in message

>> Here is the video. And I'm laughing my ass off!
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhyC7SdVE2E&feature=related
>>

>> -Paul Popinjay
>
> Ok here is JBK's 2 cents on the subject (sorry PeePee 2 cents is all I can
> afford)
>
> I am not a criminal, never have been never will be. You know why that is?
> Because I do not want to get my ass kicked like that!
>
> If it ever happened to an 'honest' person who did nothing wrong then I say
> sue the police and move on with a nice pay check. When it happens to
> criminals I have a hard time feeling like the cops did anything wrong. I
> did not watch the video, but heard about it on the radio this morning so I
> have no idea of the severity of it.
>
> Criminals deserve to be treated like CRIMINALS.

What about poor homeless people?
Do they deserve to have their feet broken over a quarter?

garycarson

May 8, 2008, 11:53:51 AM5/8/08
On May 8 2008 10:28 AM, Jerry Sturdivant wrote:

> "garycarson" <garyc...@alumni.northwestern.edu> wrote
>
> > Cops are basically cowards.
>
> Gee, a cowardly generalization. I was a cop and I was no coward.
>

> > They are tough guys if they think you have no power.
>
> We are tough guys BECAUSE you have power.
>

> > Without a gun and badge they simply can't cope with life.
>
> Oh, please.
>
> It's the failures of our court system. Not only from the sentencing
> structures, where time served has little relationship with sentences
> incurred, but from the criminal charges themselves.
>
> The police risk their lives enforcing the laws and making arrests.

What nonsense.

Graveyard shift convience store clerks risk their lives so the public can
buy tobacco and cheetos. The on-the-job death rate of cops is low. The
rate of workers comp claims for sprained muscles is high for cops.

Do the steroids make you that delusional?

Yet the
> court systems invariably plea-bargain charges, reduced charges, and trade
> away charges. To the detriment of the police officers themselves, Resisting
> Arrest and Assault on an Officer charges are routinely dismissed.

LOL.

My successful false arrest lawsuit was for a charge of interfering with a
police officer.

There's a reason such nonsense arrests get dismissed, and it's not because
courts are anti-cop. It's because cops are lying scum.

> The same holds true in prisons. Guards are endangered on a daily basis

Guards are endangered by prison overcrowding, which is at least a partial
result of nut-case power hungry cops who make it a habit to overcharge and
judges who are afraid to through out more of the bogus charges than they
already do.

> It's up to the justice system to protect police officers and prison guards
> by charging officer related crimes and assuring the sentences are applied.

Well, no, that's not the function of the justice system at all.

> And please quit whining about police over-use of power. It's not a contest.
> When I went into a bar fight I use the maximum power available because when
> they lose the fight, they lay down and say, "I give up." If I were to lose
> the fight, they would kick me to death.

Like the Chicago cop who beat up the young woman bartender? That kind of
bar fight? He was a brave one, wasn't he?

John_Brian_K

May 8, 2008, 12:26:42 PM5/8/08
> What about poor homeless people?
> Do they deserve to have their feet broken over a quarter?

If you only saw the look in his eye Mark. I tell ya he is lucky he wasn't
putting more pressure on the door then he was. He would have broke more
than his foot.

I am not even sure if he broke it. You guys are starting to make me feel
bad about it now. Shit his mouth was all wet and shiny and his eyes were
glazed over. Let me pass unabated and he doe not end up with a fucked up
foot.

FUCK Nido!

BOOM byae
John

Jerry Sturdivant

May 8, 2008, 3:17:09 PM5/8/08

"K9way" <poolpl...@aol.com> wrote

> So then.. your rant justifies a 16 on 3 'beatdown'?

It wasn't a rant; it was a statement of fact. Why don't you try addressing
it?

> We should just write this off as 'blowin off steam"
> .. boys in blue will be boys in blue"?

I though I'd made it rather clear it was Street Justice. Sorry you didn't
get it.

> Police want to be cops for one reason , and one
> reason only.. SO THEY CAN HURT PEOPLE .

I should have read this before wasting my time on someone that obviously
doesn't get it.

Jerry 'n Vegas

Jerry Sturdivant

May 8, 2008, 3:43:37 PM5/8/08

"garycarson" <garyc...@alumni.northwestern.edu> wrote

>> The police risk their lives enforcing the laws and making arrests.

> What nonsense.

They don't risk their lives? They don't endanger themselves going into
'empty' stores when a burglar alarm has gone off? They don't worry that some
teenager might jump up and the cop will have to make a split-second decision
as to shoot or not? If it's an unarmed teenager the cop's call a child
killer. If the cop waits to see if he has a gun and gets shot; well, that's
his job? I didn't endanger myself bracing a band of Hells Angeles in Death
Valley; with back up two hours away? I don't endanger myself busting up bar
fights> But then, you call cops cowards, didn't you? Next time some bad guys
jump you, call a lawyer.

> Graveyard shift convience store clerks risk their lives
> so the public can buy tobacco and cheetos. The
> on-the-job death rate of cops is low.

Because we're careful. Because we teach bad guys to immediately submit. To
not 'make a high-speed run for it.' To do as the police officer (and the
law) tells you.

> The rate of workers comp claims for
> sprained muscles is high for cops.

From wrestling those that resist arrest. From making arrests in bar fights.
The rate of cops retired for life-long stress from having shot a bad guy is
high, too.

> Do the steroids make you that delusional?

Look who's delusional. Tried actually addressing my points?

>> Yet the court systems invariably plea-bargain charges,
>> reduced charges, and trade away charges. To the
>> detriment of the police officers themselves, Resisting
> Arrest and Assault on an Officer charges are routinely dismissed.

> LOL.

Might be funny to you and O.J. Simpson.

> There's a reason such nonsense arrests get
> dismissed, and it's not because courts are anti-cop.
> It's because cops are lying scum.

Another delusional statement.

>> The same holds true in prisons. Guards
>> are endangered on a daily basis

> Guards are endangered by prison overcrowding.

What a stupid statement. They're all jammed together and get elbowed?

> which is at least a partial result of nut-case power hungry cops

More delusion by the ignorant and unknowing. Here's a little test for you
smart guy: When a 'lifer' throws piss or shit on a guard everyday, is the
guard supposed to just take it; day after day? They're no penalty for the
bad guy; he's in for life. It's just entertainment for the other cons.

Don't bother trying to dodge what you can't address or answer. The guards
take care of it themselves. It's called, Playing the Harp. You get other
guards together; go into the cell, and drag his head up and down the bars.
You beat him until he cries uncle. You shame him in front of the other
prisoners. It's street justice and the other cons have learned a valuable
lesson: The guards are there to do a job. Leave them alone.

Unless you have a better idea. Let's hear it.

>> It's up to the justice system to protect police officers
>> and prison guards by charging officer related crimes
>> and assuring the sentences are applied.

> Well, no, that's not the function of the justice system at all.

Well, yes, it is. It's called justice. It's called deterrent.

>> And please quit whining about police over-use of power. It's not a
>> contest.
>> When I went into a bar fight I use the maximum power available because
>> when
>> they lose the fight, they lay down and say, "I give up." If I were to
>> lose
>> the fight, they would kick me to death.

> Like the Chicago cop who beat up the young woman bartender?

That wasn't even a good dodge. Subject too tough for you?

Jerry (safe) 'n Vegas

K9way

May 8, 2008, 5:15:43 PM5/8/08
On May 8 2008 2:17 PM, Jerry Sturdivant wrote:

> "K9way" <poolpl...@aol.com> wrote
>
> > So then.. your rant justifies a 16 on 3 'beatdown'?
>
> It wasn't a rant; it was a statement of fact. Why don't you try addressing
> it?

No actually , it is the same dogma laden rant , that all cops regurgitate
when there is a mass beating , or illegal wom,en and children are dragged
out of a truck and beaten in california, actually it is almost a quote
from Darryl Gates.

What does your personal feelings, and personal fears, and personal
shortcomings have to do with justifying the mass beatings of innocent
people. cause you had a bad week? Cuz you were scared?

No.. it happens because cops believe they are above the law. And after
they are caught ..stone cold guilty.. they are given a pass by a society
that is afraid to speak up.

> > We should just write this off as 'blowin off steam"
> > .. boys in blue will be boys in blue"?
>
> I though I'd made it rather clear it was Street Justice. Sorry you didn't
> get it.

Oh I see now!! STREET JUSTICE.. I will look for this in the penal code.
Must be on a page I overlooked.

Jeez judge .. It was STREET JUSTICE..dem niggers had it coming

> > Police want to be cops for one reason , and one
> > reason only.. SO THEY CAN HURT PEOPLE .
>
> I should have read this before wasting my time on someone that obviously
> doesn't get it.

The biggest appeal to almost every recruit is the ability to have
unbridled power, and this includes the opportunity to threaten , and or
physically abuse people at will.

hey Jerry.. what is the THIN BLUE LINE? it is the criminal conspiracy
that all cops agree to , that says that they will lie, break the law, and
hinder prosecution, in the pursuit of keeping ones job. If criminals
agreed to the same thing , and hindered investigations , the way the thin
blue line does, they would be prosecuted. BUT NOT COPS!!!

Police do a tough job , and some do get killed. There are some GREAT COPS,
and there are some real scumbag cops. The same can be said for
construction workers, EMT's , and many many other professions.

law enforcement officials do not become BETTER PEOPLE when they put the
uniform on. They become better people when they perform their job with
integrity, and honesty, and valor, and not until.

Respect is EARNED, never is it acquired by stature or employment placement.

> Jerry 'n Vegas

-------

Patrick Karl

May 8, 2008, 6:58:00 PM5/8/08
John_Brian_K wrote:
>> Here is the video. And I'm laughing my ass off!
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhyC7SdVE2E&feature=related
>>

>> -Paul Popinjay
>
> Ok here is JBK's 2 cents on the subject (sorry PeePee 2 cents is all I can
> afford)
>
> I am not a criminal, never have been never will be. You know why that is?
> Because I do not want to get my ass kicked like that!
>
> If it ever happened to an 'honest' person who did nothing wrong then I say
> sue the police and move on with a nice pay check. When it happens to
> criminals I have a hard time feeling like the cops did anything wrong. I
> did not watch the video, but heard about it on the radio this morning so I
> have no idea of the severity of it.
>
> Criminals deserve to be treated like CRIMINALS.

And in your mind that consists of a gang of cops beating the shit out of
them? I thought that treating criminals like criminals involved
arraignment, trial, prison. Who knew?

Jerry Sturdivant

May 8, 2008, 7:48:47 PM5/8/08

"K9way" <poolpl...@aol.com> wrote

>> It wasn't a rant; it was a statement of fact.
>> Why don't you try addressing it?

> No actually , it is the same dogma laden rant , that all

> cops regurgitate ..

It's obvious you couldn't address it either.

> What does your personal feelings, and personal fears,
> and personal shortcomings have to do with justifying
> the mass beatings of innocent people.

What is it you couldn't understand about my statement explaining it to you?

> No.. it happens because cops believe they are above the law.

Says the guy that couldn't address the statement.

>> I though I'd made it rather clear it was Street Justice.
>> Sorry you didn't get it.

> Oh I see now!!

I don't think you do, but let's see:

> STREET JUSTICE.. I will look for this in the penal code.

Nope, went right over your head.

> The biggest appeal to almost every recruit .

How the hell would you know?

> hey Jerry.. what is the THIN BLUE LINE?

You weren't able to understand or address anything I wrote before; I doubt
you'd understand my explaining what just about everybody else already knows.
Try Google, I'm busy.

Jerry 'n Vegas

Mark-T

May 8, 2008, 7:57:40 PM5/8/08
On May 8, "garycarson" <garycar...@alumni.northwestern.edu> wrote:
> Cops are basically cowards.  They are tough guys if they think
> you have no power.  Without a gun and badge they simply can't
> cope with life.  They screen for that as part of the hiring process.

Not quite. Most are in fact pretty tough, it's natural -
they were the school bullies. Some of them ended
up in the state pen, after flunking the police
academy entrance exam. The ones with minimum
brains, became cops... "You mean, I get to carry
a stick, break heads, and get paid for it? I died
and went to heaven!"

But worse, are their opposites - the cowards and
weasels who got beat up by the bullies. Getting
a badge is their revenge - now they get to be
the bullies! And get away with it, because there's
always backup, thanks to the radios and dispatchers
and squad cars. They have gang protection,
no risk, wow!

The thugs are bad news, but at least a fighter
commands respect. The worms are just worms.

In old days, the constable had to face the crim
on his own. That took balls, not many could
handle it. Today, the police are the biggest
street gang of all... isn't progress wunnerful?

Mark

Mark-T

May 8, 2008, 8:13:22 PM5/8/08
On May 8, "K9way" <poolplay7...@aol.com> wrote:
> Police do a tough job, and some do get killed. There are some GREAT COPS,

> and there are some real scumbag cops.
> law enforcement officials do not become BETTER PEOPLE when
> they put the uniform on. They become better people when they perform
> their job with integrity, and honesty, and valor, and not until.

To be fair, a lot of it stems from the vast weight of
laws and regs and so-called 'justice system'.
Consider, as a major example, the War on
Politically Unprotected Drugs... citizens being
harassed for victimless crimes, the market
creates 'organized crime', and corruption, it's
a colossal mess. The police get stuck the middle.

If we lived in a truly just society, with minimal
gov't, law enforcement would be honorable -
protecting lives and property, nothing more.

"A wise and frugal gov't, which shall restrain
men from injuring one another, which shall
leave them otherwise free to regulate their
own pursuits of industry and improvement"
- T. Jefferson

Mark

Mark-T

May 8, 2008, 8:19:39 PM5/8/08
On May 8, "Jerry Sturdivant" <jerr...@cox.net> wrote:
> > No.. it happens because cops believe they are above the law.
>
> Says the guy that couldn't address the statement.

I love the negotiations over the police reports, between
defense and prosecutor... "I'll give you this, you give me that"

Jerry, if the police are boy scouts, why the horse
trading? Why doesn't everyone accept the
police report as truth? Our magnificent boys
in blue wouldn't LIE, to guarantee conviction,
justice and honesty and fairness be damned, would they?

Mark

FL Turbo

May 8, 2008, 8:36:09 PM5/8/08

So what's your story, Mark?

I can understand Carson's story.
In his turbulent youth, he had a long struggle with mental illness.
It's no doubt that he had been treated quite roughly by cops that
weren't psychiatrists who couldn't recognize mental illness.

So what's your story?
Is it just that you couldn't stifle your tendency to be a smartass
punk?

Why do you hate cops?

garycarson

May 8, 2008, 11:55:10 PM5/8/08

Really? Have you ever actually talked to a judge about how much of police
testimony he actually thinks is true?

> >> The same holds true in prisons. Guards
> >> are endangered on a daily basis
>
> > Guards are endangered by prison overcrowding.
>
> What a stupid statement. They're all jammed together and get elbowed?

I've actually worked in a maximum security prison.

> > which is at least a partial result of nut-case power hungry cops
>
> More delusion by the ignorant and unknowing. Here's a little test for you
> smart guy: When a 'lifer' throws piss or shit on a guard everyday, is the
> guard supposed to just take it; day after day? They're no penalty for the
> bad guy; he's in for life. It's just entertainment for the other cons.

You don't know much about prisons, do you?

> Don't bother trying to dodge what you can't address or answer. The guards
> take care of it themselves. It's called, Playing the Harp. You get other
> guards together; go into the cell, and drag his head up and down the bars.

Oh, that's a good approach. That won't get some other guard killed.

> You beat him until he cries uncle. You shame him in front of the other
> prisoners. It's street justice and the other cons have learned a valuable
> lesson: The guards are there to do a job. Leave them alone.

That kind of abuse doesn't shame anybody. It angers them. It teaches
them that guards are just brutal idiots that don't understand anything
other than violence. But it doesn't shame them.

> Unless you have a better idea. Let's hear it.

I think you'd actually be suprised how people tend to behave if you treat
them like humans. I taught in prison. 3 hours a night in a room with
20-30 long term inmates (the typical sentence was about 15 years, some
lifers), most of them with aggravated charges (aggravated rape, assualt,
robbery). Some with drug charges, but most with violent crime
convictions. No radios, no guards around, just me and them. I was never
in danger. Because I wasn't a worthless jerk.

> >> It's up to the justice system to protect police officers
> >> and prison guards by charging officer related crimes
> >> and assuring the sentences are applied.
>
> > Well, no, that's not the function of the justice system at all.
>
> Well, yes, it is. It's called justice. It's called deterrent.

Of course. Protecting police officers. That's our primary governmental
function.

> >> And please quit whining about police over-use of power. It's not a
> >> contest.
> >> When I went into a bar fight I use the maximum power available because
> >> when
> >> they lose the fight, they lay down and say, "I give up." If I were to
> >> lose
> >> the fight, they would kick me to death.
>
> > Like the Chicago cop who beat up the young woman bartender?
>
> That wasn't even a good dodge. Subject too tough for you?

What subject would that be? The purpose of the criminal justice system?

Let me give you a clue. The pupose isn't justice, it isn't truth, it
isn't protecting citizens.

I don't think you have a point. I don't think you know what you're
talking about. I think you know a bunch of police folklore.

John_Brian_K

May 9, 2008, 10:19:43 AM5/9/08
> And in your mind that consists of a gang of cops beating the shit out of
> them? I thought that treating criminals like criminals involved
> arraignment, trial, prison. Who knew?

I agree, but where is the line? When does it go from 'alright buddy put
your hands behind your back I am arresting you' to a criminal trying to
get away, threatening the police that they have weapons (even if they
don't) or the criminal turning on the cop to kick his ass?

We are not there so we cannot say one way or the other. Ever notice how
we NEVER see the criminal get the cop. I mean sometimes on Cops or
Americas scariest chases or crap like that, but it never gets national
attention. We should be twice as outraged by a single episode of that
show that shows cops pulling people over and getting the shit kicked out
of him. What happens though people watch and maybe go 'oh my', but a
bunch of criminals get their asses kicked and everyone is up in arms about
it.

I don't care what Carson says I will side with the cops 9 times out of 10
on these matters because it is their job to protect me and it is the
criminals 'job' to rob me, kick my ass, kill me, kill someone I love, rape
my GF etc.

If I 'an honest typical law abiding citizen' have a criminal in my home
trying to steal from ME and I call the cops the cops WILL NOT show up at
my house and try to kick MY ass. You know WHY? Because I am NOT a
criminal!

BOOM byae
John

garycarson

May 9, 2008, 12:33:14 PM5/9/08
On May 9 2008 10:19 AM, John_Brian_K wrote:

> > And in your mind that consists of a gang of cops beating the shit out of
> > them? I thought that treating criminals like criminals involved
> > arraignment, trial, prison. Who knew?
>
> I agree, but where is the line?

Why do you think cops need a different line drawn than anybody else?

> When does it go from 'alright buddy put
> your hands behind your back I am arresting you' to a criminal trying to
> get away, threatening the police that they have weapons (even if they
> don't) or the criminal turning on the cop to kick his ass?

huh?

> We are not there so we cannot say one way or the other.

Of course we can. People get put in prison every day for doing things
when "we weren't there".

If you're going to treat cops differently it should be to hold them to a
higher standard, not to a lower standard.

> Ever notice how
> we NEVER see the criminal get the cop. I mean sometimes on Cops or
> Americas scariest chases or crap like that, but it never gets national
> attention.

I'm trying to get my mind around that concept of NEVER = sometimes. It's
not working for me.

> We should be twice as outraged by a single episode of that
> show that shows cops pulling people over and getting the shit kicked out
> of him. What happens though people watch and maybe go 'oh my', but a
> bunch of criminals get their asses kicked and everyone is up in arms about
> it.

A bunch of guys got their ass kicked by criminals who have badges and
guns. Having badges and guns doesn not mean they aren't criminals. It
just means they aren't arrested for their crimes, but get a paid vacation
to consult with attorneys

.

> I don't care what Carson says I will side with the cops 9 times out of 10
> on these matters because it is their job to protect me and it is the
> criminals 'job' to rob me, kick my ass, kill me, kill someone I love, rape
> my GF etc.

Cops lie on a regular basis. It's institutionalized.

Do you know what an inventory search is? It's a pretense that allows the
search of a car without a warrent and without any particular reason. When
a cop claims he did an inventory search he's almost always lying. Ask a
cop, any cop, if he's actually ever written down an inventory as part of
an inventory search. They don't. Not ever. It's pretense. It's a lie.

Cops know it's a lie, prosecutors know, defense attorneys know, judges
know. But they all ignore it and accept the lie. It's built into the
system and has been approved by the Supreme Court. But it's a lie, it's
not the truth.

Our system of justice is built on that kind of nonsense. Cops lie. It's
what they do. It's part of their job. If any of them was ever truthful
about an inventory search he'd lose his job.

> If I 'an honest typical law abiding citizen' have a criminal in my home
> trying to steal from ME and I call the cops the cops WILL NOT show up at
> my house and try to kick MY ass. You know WHY? Because I am NOT a
> criminal!

Think about a world in which the cop won't try to kick your ass because
the cop isn't a criminal.

---
* kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more.. www.recgroups.com

John_Brian_K

May 9, 2008, 2:00:09 PM5/9/08
> Why do you think cops need a different line drawn than anybody else?

Because they deal with the dregs of society daily. I work in an office an
interview old sick men. My line is drastically different than theirs
because I do not run into typical police 'lines' every day.

> huh?

huh?

> Of course we can. People get put in prison every day for doing things
> when "we weren't there".

Yeah they GO TO PRISON. The cops put them there and THEY (the criminal)
did something wrong. You know right and wrong.

> I'm trying to get my mind around that concept of NEVER = sometimes. It's
> not working for me.

My NEVER was in reference to the outrage that comes up when you have video
of police beating up some criminals and the lack thereof when we see
Americas scariest chase or whatever start with a cop pulling someone over
and that person whoopin the cop and taking off. Where is the outrage
there?

> A bunch of guys got their ass kicked by criminals who have badges and

> guns. Having badges and guns doesn't not mean they aren't criminals. It

> just means they aren't arrested for their crimes, but get a paid vacation
> to consult with attorneys

So your view of things is that every time a cop beats the shit out of a
criminal that cop is a criminal? Holy shit! Hey you stop! STOP! Oh
your not going to stop well now I am mad and going to go tell my boss on
you!

HOW the FUCK are the police supposed to enforce rules against the
criminals when they (the police) have to 'play nice'?

> Cops lie on a regular basis. It's institutionalized.

And criminals break the LAW ALL the time it is their JOB.

> Do you know what an inventory search is? It's a pretense that allows the
> search of a car without a warrent and without any particular reason. When
> a cop claims he did an inventory search he's almost always lying. Ask a
> cop, any cop, if he's actually ever written down an inventory as part of
> an inventory search. They don't. Not ever. It's pretense. It's a lie.

So what? Let a cop look at my car all fucking day. I don't give one rats
ass if a cop wants to look in my car because I have never been in trouble
WITH THE LAW.

And if the cop for whatever fucking reason wants to 'plant' something in
my car for shits and giggles I will be vindicated because I am not a
criminal and EVERYONE around me/in my life KNOWS it.

Don't be a scum bag, law breaking fuck up and you don't have these worries.

> Cops know it's a lie, prosecutors know, defense attorneys know, judges
> know. But they all ignore it and accept the lie. It's built into the
> system and has been approved by the Supreme Court. But it's a lie, it's
> not the truth.

What truth? Who cares if the cop wants to look in your car? I don't have
drugs, guns dead bodies in MY car so who fucking cares?

> Our system of justice is built on that kind of nonsense. Cops lie. It's
> what they do. It's part of their job. If any of them was ever truthful
> about an inventory search he'd lose his job.

And criminals break into homes, kill people, steal from people, murder
people, rape people what the fuck is your point?

> Think about a world in which the cop won't try to kick your ass because
> the cop isn't a criminal.

huh?

BOOM byae
John

Jerry Sturdivant

May 9, 2008, 2:58:05 PM5/9/08

"Mark-T" <MarkTa...@gmail.com> wrote

> I love the negotiations over the police reports, between
> defense and prosecutor... "I'll give you this, you give me that"

That's usually when the cop is sold out. Resisting Arrest and Assault on an
Officer are dropped.

> Jerry, if the police are boy scouts, why the horse trading?

So the DA won't have to go to trial.

> Why doesn't everyone accept the police report as truth?

They don't have to. They either have the evidence or they don't.

Jerry Sturdivant

May 9, 2008, 3:42:47 PM5/9/08

"garycarson" <garyc...@alumni.northwestern.edu> wrote

> Have you ever actually talked to a judge about how
> much of police testimony he actually thinks is true?

They usually come right out and say it. It's why we used video and
photographs. As an officer, I've never lied on the stand. I've never had to.
If the judge ever found out an officer lied, he would never trust me again.

The only time the court would believe Resisting Arrest was when the officer
had broken bones or cuts. And then, that was when the Resisting Arrest
charge wasn't traded off. And then, quite often, the sentence ran
concurrent. So once again, Resisting Arrest was something the suspect didn't
worry about; only the officer that gets injured.

> I've actually worked in a maximum security prison.

So where is your answer to the problem I pointed out:

------------

When a 'lifer' throws piss or shit on a guard everyday, is the guard

supposed to just take it; day after day? They're no penalties for the bad

guy; he's in for life.

------------

I didn't see you address it.

> You don't know much about prisons, do you?

It's about me again, huh? Yes I do. I've been a jail guard; I've been Vice
Chairman of a Prison Commission; and I've been an inmate. But this is not
about me. You're STILL dodging the simple problem I gave you (and a serious
one for guards). You don't know how to answer it. "You don't know much about
prisons, do you?"

>> Don't bother trying to dodge what you can't address or answer.
>> The guards take care of it themselves. It's called, Playing the Harp.
>> You get other guards together; go into the cell, and drag his head
>> up and down the bars.

> Oh, that's a good approach. That won't get some other guard killed.

No it won't. And I still await your answer to the above problem.

>> You beat him until he cries uncle. You shame him in front of the other
>> prisoners. It's street justice and the other cons have learned a valuable
>> lesson: The guards are there to do a job. Leave them alone.

> That kind of abuse doesn't shame anybody. It angers them.

They're already angry. It teaches them not to assault or throw shit on
prison guards.

> It teaches them that guards are just brutal idiots that
> don't understand anything other than violence.

It teaches them the guards are just doing their jobs and not to abuse them.
It teaches them in the same terms they use: violence. YOU still can't answer
the imposed problem. Go ahead, just give it a try. What have you got to
lose?

>> Unless you have a better idea. Let's hear it.

> I think you'd actually be suprised how people tend
> to behave if you treat them like humans.

Not surprised at all. It's what I did as a cop. It was the ones that didn't
behave like humans that were the problem. Now about that very real problem I
posed?

> I taught in prison. 3 hours a night in a room with
> 20-30 long term inmates (the typical sentence was
> about 15 years, some lifers), most of them with
> aggravated charges (aggravated rape, assualt,
> robbery). Some with drug charges, but most with
> violent crime convictions. No radios, no guards
> around, just me and them. I was never
> in danger.

Yet the problem I posed is real. You have no solution (other than calling
police and guards jerks, "brutal idiots," liars et cetera).

> Protecting police officers. That's our

> governmental function.

Police officers are NOT to be protected?

>>> Like the Chicago cop who beat up the young woman bartender?

>> That wasn't even a good dodge. Subject too tough for you?

> What subject would that be? The purpose of the criminal justice system?

No. What do you do when inmates assault guards, like throwing feces and
urine on them.

> I don't think you have a point.

I do. You keep dodging it.

> I don't think you know what you're talking about.

Yet I just posed the very problem this thread addressed.

> I think you know a bunch of police folklore.

You "think" - You "think" - you "think" And when you were unable to address
the problem, you simply suggested I wasn't an officer. Nice out for you,
huh?

Jerry 'n Vegas

Jerry Sturdivant

May 9, 2008, 4:06:12 PM5/9/08

"John_Brian_K" <John_Brian...@Yahoo.Com> wrote

>> Why do you think cops need a different
>> line drawn than anybody else?

> Because they deal with the dregs of society daily.

Although Carson couldn't address my prison example, I'll post another one:

Quite often I would transport prisoners to the county seat in my squad car.
Occasionally I'd get a 'new' one. Some young kid that wanted to show off to
another prisoner. Although handcuffed, he would spit on me through the
screen. Another problem for Gary Carson: What should the "lying, criminal"
officer do?

Presumable I'm to take that kind of abuse for the next hour. And what do you
think happens if I file charges for 'assault?' As explained before; nothing
(but laughter).

Once again, the police officer must administer street justice. I simply
pulled over; got out of the car; open the back door; and would spray half a
can of mace on the kid. No cut, no bruises on either of us. He spends the
rest of the trip with eyes watering and snot dripping off his chin. He (and
the other prisoner) learn their lesson and we officers don't get spit on
again.

One wonders what Carson's suggestion would be.

Jerry 'n Vegas

garycarson

May 9, 2008, 5:17:02 PM5/9/08
On May 9 2008 3:42 PM, Jerry Sturdivant wrote:

> "garycarson" <garyc...@alumni.northwestern.edu> wrote
>

> > Have you ever actually talked to a judge about how
> > much of police testimony he actually thinks is true?
>
> They usually come right out and say it. It's why we used video and
> photographs. As an officer, I've never lied on the stand. I've never had to.
> If the judge ever found out an officer lied, he would never trust me again.
>
> The only time the court would believe Resisting Arrest was when the officer
> had broken bones or cuts. And then, that was when the Resisting Arrest
> charge wasn't traded off. And then, quite often, the sentence ran
> concurrent. So once again, Resisting Arrest was something the suspect didn't
> worry about; only the officer that gets injured.
>

> > I've actually worked in a maximum security prison.
>
> So where is your answer to the problem I pointed out:
>
> ------------
> When a 'lifer' throws piss or shit on a guard everyday, is the guard
> supposed to just take it; day after day? They're no penalties for the bad
> guy; he's in for life.
> ------------
>
> I didn't see you address it.

The answer to your questions is simple. It's Yes.

> > You don't know much about prisons, do you?
>
> It's about me again, huh? Yes I do. I've been a jail guard; I've been Vice
> Chairman of a Prison Commission; and I've been an inmate. But this is not
> about me. You're STILL dodging the simple problem I gave you (and a serious
> one for guards). You don't know how to answer it. "You don't know much about
> prisons, do you?"

Jails are not prisons.

The feces and urine missiles isn't a serious problem. It's a problem when
it occurs, but it's actually pretty rare. For something to be a serious
problem requires consideration of both the frequency of occurance and it's
potential consequences.

> >> Don't bother trying to dodge what you can't address or answer.
> >> The guards take care of it themselves. It's called, Playing the Harp.
> >> You get other guards together; go into the cell, and drag his head
> >> up and down the bars.
>
> > Oh, that's a good approach. That won't get some other guard killed.
>
> No it won't. And I still await your answer to the above problem.

I answered it above. Yes.

A guards job is to protect inmates. A guard who assaults an inmate
because he's angry is a guard who himself is a criminal and certianly
should not be a guard. He should be in prison, but not as a guard.

> >> You beat him until he cries uncle. You shame him in front of the other
> >> prisoners. It's street justice and the other cons have learned a valuable
> >> lesson: The guards are there to do a job. Leave them alone.
>
> > That kind of abuse doesn't shame anybody. It angers them.
>
> They're already angry. It teaches them not to assault or throw shit on
> prison guards.

Is that why it only happens once? Oh, wait, you're saying it's a frequent
occurance. I guess I'm easily confused.

That depends on the circumstances.

> > I don't think you have a point.
>
> I do. You keep dodging it.

Well, what is it?

> > I don't think you know what you're talking about.
>
> Yet I just posed the very problem this thread addressed.
>

> > I think you know a bunch of police folklore.
>
> You "think" - You "think" - you "think" And when you were unable to address
> the problem, you simply suggested I wasn't an officer. Nice out for you,
> huh?

I didn't say I don't think you were a cop. I said I don't think you
actually know much more than folklore about policing.

I had a lot of junior cops in my classroom when I taught criminology.
When I was a grad student in criminal justice a lot of my fellow students
in administrative law courses, theory of police managment, etc were
senior cops who were part time master's students. A lot of my fellow PhD
students were former cops, one semester I shared an office with a former
Chicago cop (who'd been at the Lincoln Park police riot) who was chief at
a Chicago suburb department for a while. Another semester I shared an
officer with a senior cop from the Thailand State Police.

You don't have to have been a cop to know something about policing and
having been a cop doesn't mean you know anything about it.

A lot of cops are really pretty stupid.

garycarson

May 9, 2008, 5:21:18 PM5/9/08
On May 9 2008 4:06 PM, Jerry Sturdivant wrote:

> "John_Brian_K" <John_Brian...@Yahoo.Com> wrote
>
> >> Why do you think cops need a different
> >> line drawn than anybody else?
>
> > Because they deal with the dregs of society daily.
>
> Although Carson couldn't address my prison example, I'll post another one:
>
> Quite often I would transport prisoners to the county seat in my squad car.
> Occasionally I'd get a 'new' one. Some young kid that wanted to show off to
> another prisoner. Although handcuffed, he would spit on me through the
> screen. Another problem for Gary Carson: What should the "lying, criminal"
> officer do?

He can always fall back on simply following the law.

If that's too tough for him he should look for another job.

> Presumable I'm to take that kind of abuse for the next hour. And what do you
> think happens if I file charges for 'assault?' As explained before; nothing
> (but laughter).

People laugh at jokes.

> Once again, the police officer must administer street justice. I simply
> pulled over; got out of the car; open the back door; and would spray half a
> can of mace on the kid. No cut, no bruises on either of us. He spends the
> rest of the trip with eyes watering and snot dripping off his chin. He (and
> the other prisoner) learn their lesson and we officers don't get spit on
> again.
>
> One wonders what Carson's suggestion would be.

My suggestion would be that you should have a camera in your car and you
should be arrested for that kind of behavior.

If you can't cope with your job without violent assaults then just get
another job.

http://americantradition.blogspot.com/2008/05/when-cops-are-criminals.html

--------

FaceDownAcesUp

May 9, 2008, 6:41:58 PM5/9/08
On May 9, 10:19 am, "John_Brian_K" <John_Brian_Kent_1...@Yahoo.Com>
wrote:

> I don't care what Carson says I will side with the cops 9 times out of 10
> on these matters because it is their job to protect me and it is the
> criminals 'job' to rob me, kick my ass, kill me, kill someone I love, rape
> my GF etc.

That's because you're not an angry, paranoid liberal. You have to put
yourself in the mindset of someone who believes all criminals are
victims and all police are just hypocritical thugs enforcing unjust
laws. Once you do that, you'll start to see injustice everywhere.

Of course you'll still be calling the cops to help you the second your
car is stolen or someone breaks into your house. But when the cop does
show up at least you can take comfort in knowing you're a much better
person than him.

K9way

May 9, 2008, 7:31:14 PM5/9/08
I addressed every single point with logic and reason.

You are just sticking your fingers in your ears . and singing nanana

You should google "logic"

Mark-T

May 9, 2008, 7:23:04 PM5/9/08
On May 8, FL Turbo <noem...@notime.com> wrote:
> >> Says the guy that couldn't address the statement.
>
> >I love the negotiations over the police reports,
> >between defense and prosecutor... "I'll give you this,
> >you give me that"
>
> >Jerry, if the police are boy scouts, why the horse
> >trading? Why doesn't everyone accept the
> >police report as truth? Our magnificent boys
> >in blue wouldn't LIE, to guarantee conviction,
> >justice and honesty and fairness be damned, would they?
>
> So what's your story, Mark?
>
> I can understand Carson's story.
> In his turbulent youth, he had a long struggle
> with mental illness. It's no doubt that he had been
> treated quite roughly by cops that
> weren't psychiatrists who couldn't recognize mental illness.

I don't know Carson's story, but his
comments are bang on.

> So what's your story? Is it just that you couldn't
> stifle your tendency to be a smartass punk?

I strongly distrust authority, power, and
power trippers. I prefer power to the
people, not to the rulers. I'm sorry,
it's a birth defect, no cure.

PS And the men who founded
US of A thought the same way.

> Why do you hate cops?

Why do you love cops? Why are
you so stung by the truth? You
one of the sheeple, brainwashed to
bend over and grab the ankles for
The Man? What's your story, Turb?

Mark

Mark-T

May 9, 2008, 7:36:11 PM5/9/08
On May 9, "John_Brian_K" <John_Brian_Kent_1...@Yahoo.Com> wrote:
> I will side with the cops 9 times out of 10
> on these matters because it is their job to protect me

You freaking poodle, the cops have NO
LEGAL OBLIGATION to protect you!
Your personal security is YOUR job,
despite your Peter Pan mythology.
And thanks to your masters, er I
mean your leaders - who make the
law, and hire the enforcers, who
CARE - you have been stripped of
your ability to defend your life and property.

Gotta love that "life, liberty, and
pursuit of happiness" propaganda...

> ad I call the cops the cops WILL NOT show up at

> my house and try to kick MY ass. You know
> WHY? Because I am NOT a criminal!

Just be careful what you're wearing...
and always remember, it's a free country...

> BOOM byae

You sound like a gangsta, homey... careful
your mouth around the storm troopers...

Mark

FL Turbo

May 9, 2008, 8:41:53 PM5/9/08

Cops in the major cities have to deal with the dregs of society all
day and all night long.

You will have to pardon them if they don't instantly recognize you as
some high minded individual whose only concern is for the rights of
the People.

You will have to pardon them if you come across as just another smart
mouthed punk with an attitude.

>> Why do you hate cops?
>
>Why do you love cops? Why are
>you so stung by the truth? You
>one of the sheeple, brainwashed to
>bend over and grab the ankles for
>The Man? What's your story, Turb?

My story is that I've never had any trouble with cops when I was
sober.

Back in the Day, when I was Young and Dumb and Full of It, I did have
some trouble when I had an Attitude fueled by testosterone and
alcohol.

Since then, I've outgrown it.

Maybe some day you will outgrow it, too?

FL Turbo

May 9, 2008, 9:29:40 PM5/9/08
On Fri, 9 May 2008 16:36:11 -0700 (PDT), Mark-T
<MarkTa...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On May 9, "John_Brian_K" <John_Brian_Kent_1...@Yahoo.Com> wrote:
>> I will side with the cops 9 times out of 10
>> on these matters because it is their job to protect me
>
>You freaking poodle, the cops have NO
>LEGAL OBLIGATION to protect you!
>Your personal security is YOUR job,
>despite your Peter Pan mythology.
>And thanks to your masters, er I
>mean your leaders - who make the
>law, and hire the enforcers, who
>CARE - you have been stripped of
>your ability to defend your life and property.

You got a point there, bucko.
Fortunately, the tide is turning.

And it's not the cops that have stripped the citizens of their rights
to defend themselves; It's the courts that have done that.

I don't know if there are still any States out there that demand that
a homeowner retreat to the farthest corner of the house or flee out on
the street to avoid a Perp breaking into their house in lieu of
ventilating his hide.

I could be wrong, though.

More and more states have passed "Shall Issue" laws on concealed
carry.

As you may or may not know, most cops are not at all scared of
citizens packing heat if they have a concealed carry permit.

Actually, if there were enough cops to personally protect every
citizen, it would be a defacto Police State.

>Gotta love that "life, liberty, and
>pursuit of happiness" propaganda...
>
>> ad I call the cops the cops WILL NOT show up at
>> my house and try to kick MY ass. You know
>> WHY? Because I am NOT a criminal!
>
>Just be careful what you're wearing...
>and always remember, it's a free country...

Hmmm
Maybe it's the clothes that you wear that reinforce a cop's opinion
that you are a smartmouthed young punk?

>> BOOM byae
>
>You sound like a gangsta, homey... careful
>your mouth around the storm troopers...
>

>Mark

Pfft

If you had ever faced a real live storm trooper any time in your life,
you wouldn't still be around.

garycarson

May 9, 2008, 11:53:30 PM5/9/08
On May 9 2008 9:29 PM, FL Turbo wrote:

> If you had ever faced a real live storm trooper any time in your life,
> you wouldn't still be around.

My mother spent 1927-1948 in Germany.

She also had her home invaded by 6 cars full of FBI agents because she was
"moving too often". She was an alien resident and my owned a
siesmiograph drilling rig, and we moved a lot. Everytime we moved she
mailed in a postcard with her new address, just like the law required.
That was in 1951. She was in the backyard of a rented house in Kansas
with her inlaws from Texas eating watermelon. You can't get more American
than that. The FBI hadn't heard the war was over and they thought she was
a Nazi spy.

50 years later (before 9/11) she and my dad were stripped searched in NY
because they'd been backpacking in Europe and had Visa stamps from The
Netherlands. They must have been drug smugglers.

FL Turbo

May 10, 2008, 7:29:18 AM5/10/08
On Fri, 09 May 2008 20:53:30 -0700, "garycarson"
<garyc...@alumni.northwestern.edu> wrote:

>On May 9 2008 9:29 PM, FL Turbo wrote:
>

>> If you had ever faced a real live storm trooper any time in your life,
>> you wouldn't still be around.
>
>My mother spent 1927-1948 in Germany.
>
>She also had her home invaded by 6 cars full of FBI agents because she was
>"moving too often". She was an alien resident and my owned a
>siesmiograph drilling rig, and we moved a lot. Everytime we moved she
>mailed in a postcard with her new address, just like the law required.
>That was in 1951. She was in the backyard of a rented house in Kansas
>with her inlaws from Texas eating watermelon. You can't get more American
>than that. The FBI hadn't heard the war was over and they thought she was
>a Nazi spy.
>
>50 years later (before 9/11) she and my dad were stripped searched in NY
>because they'd been backpacking in Europe and had Visa stamps from The
>Netherlands. They must have been drug smugglers.

It looks like their problem was with the Feds, and not some city cop.

Jerry Sturdivant

May 10, 2008, 9:51:15 AM5/10/08

"garycarson" <garyc...@alumni.northwestern.edu> wrote

>> Although Carson couldn't address my prison example, I'll post another
>> one:
>>
>> Quite often I would transport prisoners to the county seat in my squad
>> car.
>> Occasionally I'd get a 'new' one. Some young kid that wanted to show off
>> another prisoner. Although handcuffed, he would spit on me through the
>> screen. Another problem for Gary Carson: What should the "lying,
>> criminal"
>> officer do?

> He can always fall back on simply following the law.
> If that's too tough for him he should look for another job.

I knew you'd back out. The, "stupid, lying, thieving" cops should just
follow the law. As I've pointed out to your dissatisfaction, the law and the
protection isn't there for the cop or prison guard. So we STILL have
resisting arrest; we STILL have assaults on prison guards; we STILL have
high speed evasions.

>> Presumable I'm to take that kind of abuse for the next hour.
>> And what do you think happens if I file charges for 'assault?'
>> As explained before; nothing (but laughter).

> People laugh at jokes.

And I'm laughing at you. Two simple problems that make my point and you're
stuck.

>> One wonders what Carson's suggestion would be.

> My suggestion would be that you should have a camera
> in your car and you should be arrested for that kind of behavior.

Already there. Yet STILL, the Defense Attorney asks the judge to plead it
away.

> If you can't cope with your job without
> violent assaults then just get another job.

If you can't cope with societal problem or address a simple situation
without blaming the victims find some other public servants to bitch about.
Next time some criminals are busting into your house, call a judge or some
slimy defense attorney.

Jerry 'n Vegas

Jerry Sturdivant

May 10, 2008, 10:10:42 AM5/10/08

"FL Turbo" <noe...@notime.com> wrote

>> She also had her home invaded by 6 cars full of FBI
>> agents because she was "moving too often".

> It looks like their problem was with the Feds,

> and not some city cop.

Heh. I believe that back then, FIB agents had to have a law degree or be a
CPA. The agents on the street were nearly all lawyers. So I can see the
'enforcement' problem. The FBI ain't what it used to be.

We had one brilliant agent come to town and ask for a couple of deputies to
assist in an arrest. So we went along to the residential house. The 'Special
Agent' knocks on the door; the 'suspect' answers and the FBI guy asks his
name, then asks if he was the one that turned in a stolen stereo set while
in the military service and collected on the insurance.

"Yep."

"Well 'we' believe your stereo was never stolen and 'we' want to come in and
look around."

"You got a warrant?" says the suspect.

"Well, no," says the special agent. And the door slams shut.

So this lawyer-with-a-badge turns to us and says, "Watch the house for a few
days and I'll go get a warrant." This idiot lawyer thinks we maintain a
budget to supply him manpower for around the clock surveillance? Didn't
happen.

Two days later he shows with a warrant; we go in; find imprints on the rug
where the stereo was. The special agent shrugs his shoulders and heads for
the door. My partner glances in the kitchen and sees three, 5-gallon pots
with mature marijuana plants sticking out. We make the bust; the FBI goes
home empty handed.

I believe lawyers are the problem.

Jerry (armed) 'n Vegas

A Man Beaten by Jacks

May 10, 2008, 10:19:54 AM5/10/08
On Sat, 10 May 2008 06:51:15 -0700, "Jerry Sturdivant"
<jer...@cox.net> wrote:

>"garycarson" <garyc...@alumni.northwestern.edu> wrote

>>> Although Carson couldn't address my prison example, I'll post another
>>> one:

>>> Quite often I would transport prisoners to the county seat in my squad
>>> car.
>>> Occasionally I'd get a 'new' one. Some young kid that wanted to show off
>>> another prisoner. Although handcuffed, he would spit on me through the
>>> screen. Another problem for Gary Carson: What should the "lying,
>>> criminal"
>>> officer do?

>> He can always fall back on simply following the law.
>> If that's too tough for him he should look for another job.

>I knew you'd back out. The, "stupid, lying, thieving" cops should just
>follow the law. As I've pointed out to your dissatisfaction, the law and the
>protection isn't there for the cop or prison guard. So we STILL have
>resisting arrest; we STILL have assaults on prison guards; we STILL have
>high speed evasions.

And we still have lying ass cops kicking the shit out of people just
because they can, stealing shit from the evidence room, and testilying
their asses off any time they swear an oath to tell the truth.

A Man Beaten by Jacks

May 10, 2008, 10:21:47 AM5/10/08
On Sat, 10 May 2008 07:10:42 -0700, "Jerry Sturdivant"
<jer...@cox.net> wrote:

[Boasts about breaking the law]

>Two days later he shows with a warrant; we go in; find imprints on the rug
>where the stereo was. The special agent shrugs his shoulders and heads for
>the door. My partner glances in the kitchen and sees three, 5-gallon pots
>with mature marijuana plants sticking out. We make the bust; the FBI goes
>home empty handed.

>I believe lawyers are the problem.

I believe lying-ass pigs busting people for things that shouldn't even
be against the law are the problem.

FL Turbo

May 10, 2008, 10:44:06 AM5/10/08

Yeah.

When we finally achieve the Socialist Paradise that you crave, we will
never ever see that type of corruption again.

da pickle

May 10, 2008, 4:11:16 PM5/10/08
"FL Turbo"

>>And we still have lying ass cops kicking the shit out of people just
>>because they can, stealing shit from the evidence room, and testilying
>>their asses off any time they swear an oath to tell the truth.
>
> Yeah.
>
> When we finally achieve the Socialist Paradise that you crave, we will
> never ever see that type of corruption again.

There it is ... in a nutshell.

garycarson

May 10, 2008, 11:01:26 AM5/10/08

I was responding to a comment about storm troopers and you don't think the
story is relevant because it's about federal cops rather than local cops?

Okay.

The point was that she often came in contact with SS Troops and never had
a problem with them (she wasn't a gypsy or a jew) but within a couple of
years of living in the US she had her home invaded by police even though
she probably broke the law now and then in Germany but was very
law-abiding in the US. The difference was that in Germany she wasn't an
outsider but in the US she was.

Police hassles aren't about being criminals, they're about being an
outsider. The strip search at the NY airport weren't because she was a
criminal but simply because she and my dad had behaved in ways that the
nut-case customs agents thought was different. Spending two weeks in
Europe without luggage and without buying anything wasn't behavior that
was considered acceptable for 70 year olds, so they were treated as
"criminals".

I found the blog post from a while back where I told that story of the FBI
raid in a little more detail

http://americantradition.blogspot.com/2006/06/immigration.html

and a collection of posts I've made about policing over the last couple of
years.

http://americantradition.blogspot.com/search/label/cops

K9way

May 10, 2008, 11:46:36 AM5/10/08

> >> The same holds true in prisons. Guards
> >> are endangered on a daily basis
>
> > Guards are endangered by prison overcrowding.
>
> What a stupid statement. They're all jammed together and get elbowed?
>

> > which is at least a partial result of nut-case power hungry cops
>
> More delusion by the ignorant and unknowing. Here's a little test for you
> smart guy: When a 'lifer' throws piss or shit on a guard everyday, is the
> guard supposed to just take it; day after day? They're no penalty for the
> bad guy; he's in for life. It's just entertainment for the other cons.
>

> Don't bother trying to dodge what you can't address or answer. The guards
> take care of it themselves. It's called, Playing the Harp. You get other
> guards together; go into the cell, and drag his head up and down the bars.

> You beat him until he cries uncle. You shame him in front of the other
> prisoners. It's street justice and the other cons have learned a valuable
> lesson: The guards are there to do a job. Leave them alone.

Hurting people makes your dick so hard , that you actually BRAG about , in
this post , as a method of what... trying to tell ushow compassionate cops
are ??

> Unless you have a better idea. Let's hear it.
>

> >> It's up to the justice system to protect police officers
> >> and prison guards by charging officer related crimes
> >> and assuring the sentences are applied.
>
> > Well, no, that's not the function of the justice system at all.
>
> Well, yes, it is. It's called justice. It's called deterrent.
>

> >> And please quit whining about police over-use of power. It's not a
> >> contest.
> >> When I went into a bar fight I use the maximum power available because
> >> when
> >> they lose the fight, they lay down and say, "I give up." If I were to
> >> lose
> >> the fight, they would kick me to death.
>

> > Like the Chicago cop who beat up the young woman bartender?
>
> That wasn't even a good dodge. Subject too tough for you?
>

> Jerry (safe) 'n Vegas

garycarson

May 10, 2008, 12:06:25 PM5/10/08

I liked the part where he said that they didn't have a budget for watching
a house.

The problem isn't a lack of budget, it's that it's boring and cops want to
be entertained. They don't like boring. Good police work is often
boring, so it often doesn't get done.

http://americantradition.blogspot.com/2008/05/model-of-burglary-patrol-allocation.html

---

garycarson

May 10, 2008, 5:40:01 PM5/10/08

I would like to see a country that claims to be a Nation of Laws to
actually be a nation of laws. A nation of laws is one in which the
government and its agents actually follow the law.

Please explain to me in which nutshell this has anything to do with
socialism?

K9way

May 11, 2008, 2:00:44 AM5/11/08

SUCH TIRED WEAK ASS OLD DOGMA

> Jerry 'n Vegas

-------

Jerry Sturdivant

May 11, 2008, 9:00:07 AM5/11/08

"A Man Beaten by Jacks" <nob...@fool.foo> wrote

>>I believe lawyers are the problem.

> I believe lying-ass pigs busting people for things
> that shouldn't even be against the law are the problem.

Then have the laws changed, rather than having the police decide which laws
you want enforce and which ones not to. As a libertarian, I would have no
laws against drugs. No prescriptions necessary.

Jerry 'n Vegas

Jerry Sturdivant

May 11, 2008, 9:14:21 AM5/11/08

"garycarson" <garyc...@alumni.northwestern.edu> wrote

> I liked the part where he said that they didn't
> have a budget for watching a house.

That was because we didn't have the budget for watching the house for the
FBI screw up.

> The problem isn't a lack of budget

Yea; actually it was. And then people like you would charge the cops for
'just sitting around.'

> it's that it's boring and cops want to be entertained.

Most people dodge a subject they were wrong or ignorant of, or couldn't
address, by simply licking their wounds and ignoring the thread. Then others
simply attempt to insult the messenger and run off .

Jerry 'n Vegas

FL Turbo

May 11, 2008, 9:23:00 AM5/11/08
On Sat, 10 May 2008 14:40:01 -0700, "garycarson"
<garyc...@alumni.northwestern.edu> wrote:

>On May 10 2008 4:11 PM, da pickle wrote:
>
>> "FL Turbo"

>> > Yeah.
>> >
>> > When we finally achieve the Socialist Paradise that you crave, we will
>> > never ever see that type of corruption again.
>>
>> There it is ... in a nutshell.
>
>I would like to see a country that claims to be a Nation of Laws to
>actually be a nation of laws. A nation of laws is one in which the
>government and its agents actually follow the law.
>
>Please explain to me in which nutshell this has anything to do with
>socialism?

It think when you scratch the surface of some malcontent who hates The
System in general, and cops in particular, you will find someone who
wants to tear everything down and build it back all over.

The new system will of course where we all join together in one big
happy cooperative society.

In other words, some form of Socialism.

YMMV

A Man Beaten by Jacks

May 11, 2008, 9:49:40 AM5/11/08
On Sat, 10 May 2008 14:40:01 -0700, "garycarson"
<garyc...@alumni.northwestern.edu> wrote:

>On May 10 2008 4:11 PM, da pickle wrote:

>> "FL Turbo"

>> > Yeah.

>> > When we finally achieve the Socialist Paradise that you crave, we will
>> > never ever see that type of corruption again.

>> There it is ... in a nutshell.

>I would like to see a country that claims to be a Nation of Laws to
>actually be a nation of laws. A nation of laws is one in which the
>government and its agents actually follow the law.

>Please explain to me in which nutshell this has anything to do with
>socialism?

"Socialism" is a boogie man brain-dead shitkickers drag out of the
closet to prop up like a scarecrow whenever they've lost an argument.
It's sort of the nuclear bomb of Retard Arguments.

A Man Beaten by Jacks

May 11, 2008, 9:50:56 AM5/11/08

The lying-ass pigs are the problem. You know, the ones who don't
bother with little niceties like probable cause before dummying up a
search warrant, a practice you seem to think praiseworthy.

FL Turbo

May 11, 2008, 10:04:24 AM5/11/08

Methinks the Lad doth protest too much.

Jerry Sturdivant

May 11, 2008, 10:11:01 AM5/11/08

"FL Turbo" <noe...@notime.com> wrote

> It think when you scratch the surface of some malcontent
> who hates The System in general, and cops in particular,
> you will find someone who wants to tear everything down
> and build it back all over.

And that 'everything' being protected by people with guns (cops and
soldiers). Cop haters seem to be those that secretly want the power and
authority and are jealous of those that have it and have the courage to
enter dangerous situation. Wannabe cops are the noisiest.

> The new system will of course where we all join together
> in one big happy cooperative society. In other words, some
> form of Socialism.

Or the 'form' of socialism they like. Some aspects of socialism seem to be
working fine: Police, fire and public libraries.

Jerry 'n Vegas

Jerry Sturdivant

May 11, 2008, 10:26:22 AM5/11/08

"A Man Beaten by Jacks" <nob...@fool.foo> wrote

> The lying-ass pigs are the problem.

Depends on what you call, problem.

> You know, the ones who don't bother with little niceties like
> probable cause before dummying up a search warrant,
> a practice you seem to think praiseworthy.

You may have that backwards. We sometimes (kind of) dummied up a search
warrant to justify a probable cause. Case in point: We stopped a car because
the Sergeant knew the driver to be a thief; and we'd just heard they'd been
some burglaries.

The Sergeant asked the driver to open his trunk. He refused. We didn't have
enough probable cause to get a warrant for his trunk, so the Sergeant told
him to open it anyway. The kids argued that we needed a search warrant. We
actually didn't. We only needed a search warrant if we wanted to arrest them
if something was found. A policeman can, with your "probable cause," have
the trunk opened without a warrant.

The kid opened the trunk. The Sergeant asked, "are all these VCRs yours?"
The kid said, "No." So the Sergeant said, "I'll take these and find the
rightful owners."

It may not think it 'praiseworthy' that justice was done for getting people's
property back, but justice was NOT done in arresting the burglar. Or it may
bother you that you THINK the cop overstepped his authority. In either case,
the cops did their job.

Jerry 'n Vegas

da pickle

May 11, 2008, 11:24:41 AM5/11/08
"garycarson"

>> > Yeah.
>> >
>> > When we finally achieve the Socialist Paradise that you crave, we will
>> > never ever see that type of corruption again.
>>
>> There it is ... in a nutshell.
>
> I would like to see a country that claims to be a Nation of Laws to
> actually be a nation of laws. A nation of laws is one in which the
> government and its agents actually follow the law.
>
> Please explain to me in which nutshell this has anything to do with
> socialism?

Gary, you have read your history. A socialist paradise is one in which the
experts are in charge and they provide for the rest of us. No need to be
worried ... the nation is one of laws that the agents follow for the benefit
of all. All for one and one for all and all that.

We all would like to see a country that is a nation of laws and one whose
agents actually follow the law ... we won't, of course.

What sort of imperfect system do you have in mind that is obviously, to you,
better than what we have?

Kyle T. Jones

May 11, 2008, 1:12:38 PM5/11/08
Jerry Sturdivant wrote:
> "John_Brian_K" <John_Brian...@Yahoo.Com> wrote
>
>>> Why do you think cops need a different
>>> line drawn than anybody else?
>
>> Because they deal with the dregs of society daily.

> Although Carson couldn't address my prison example, I'll post another one:
>
> Quite often I would transport prisoners to the county seat in my squad car.
> Occasionally I'd get a 'new' one. Some young kid that wanted to show off to
> another prisoner. Although handcuffed, he would spit on me through the
> screen. Another problem for Gary Carson: What should the "lying, criminal"
> officer do?

Memo: Replace screen with plastic (preferably both bullet- and spit-proof).

It's out-of-the-box thinking, I know.

> Presumable I'm to take that kind of abuse for the next hour. And what do you
> think happens if I file charges for 'assault?' As explained before; nothing
> (but laughter).
>

> Once again, the police officer must administer street justice. I simply
> pulled over; got out of the car; open the back door; and would spray half a
> can of mace on the kid. No cut, no bruises on either of us. He spends the
> rest of the trip with eyes watering and snot dripping off his chin. He (and
> the other prisoner) learn their lesson and we officers don't get spit on
> again

> One wonders what Carson's suggestion would be.
>

> Jerry 'n Vegas

Kyle T. Jones

May 11, 2008, 1:17:02 PM5/11/08

Oh, c'mon, that's just bullshit.

Clever bullshit, but bullshit none-the-less. You used the socialism
example specifically because you were talking to Jacks. Now yer trying
to keep up with pickle's bizarre comment, and blow it up into more than
it was.

Cheers.

Kyle T. Jones

May 11, 2008, 1:28:48 PM5/11/08

Well, ok then. I rescind the "bizarre" portion in my response to FL.

I still find it a bit of an odd left-turn, though. Addressing larger
issues I guess, but I doubt you feel that just because we can't
realistically hope for all our agents to follow the laws, we can't
strive to get as close to perfect as possible.

A large portion of that is holding the ones that do break the laws
accountable whenever possible. Hey, Jerry, with his "street justice",
should get this. You start putting the agents that do break the law
into jail for a really, really long time (much longer than a civilian
who breaks the same law), and it'll teach the others a lesson. Better
not make the same mistake!

Kinda like playing the Harp, but without the egregious physical assualt
and gross misconduct!

Anyhow. I don't see anything here that really addresses the
conversation Jerry and Gary were having. What am I missing?

Are you disagreeing with Gary because he is being too idealistic, or do
you actually think Jerry makes points with his Harp argument, and his
macing of, in his own words, young first-time offenders? I mean, dude,
I got spit on once back when I played sports, and I absolutely freaked
out about it, too, and actually physically assaulted the guy who did it,
so who am I to talk...

Of course, I was twelve.

Cheers.

Jerry Sturdivant

May 11, 2008, 1:50:03 PM5/11/08

"Kyle T. Jones" <Em...@reallyrealdomain.net> wrote

>> Quite often I would transport prisoners to the county seat in my squad
>> car.
>> Occasionally I'd get a 'new' one. Some young kid that wanted to show off
>> another prisoner. Although handcuffed, he would spit on me through the
>> screen.

> Memo: Replace screen with plastic (preferably both bullet- and

> spit-proof).
> It's out-of-the-box thinking, I know.

You're right. Regardless of what others here post, it's a budget thing.
(And the plastic keeps the mace fumes back there).

Jerry 'n Vegas

da pickle

May 11, 2008, 2:17:40 PM5/11/08
"Kyle T. Jones"

> Are you disagreeing with Gary because he is being too idealistic, or do
> you actually think Jerry makes points with his Harp argument, and his
> macing of, in his own words, young first-time offenders?

I am both disagreeing with Gary because he is being too idealistic and
actually thinking that Jerry makes points (but not macing part) ... Gary
does not really believe that a perfect system is possible. Jerry does seem
to believe that cops-gone-bad is not a problem at all ... but Gary does seem
to have a hard on for the police that is pretty far off the mark. (Maybe
Jerry is farther off the mark in the other direction, but neither has much
reasonable to offer.)

> I mean, dude, I got spit on once back when I played sports, and I
> absolutely freaked out about it, too, and actually physically assaulted
> the guy who did it, so who am I to talk...
>
> Of course, I was twelve.

Yeah, twelve. But Jerry is very correct that many police officers sometimes
do things that we are best not in on ... at least that is what I believe he
is saying. Such things may indeed be "necessary" in an imperfect system.
We don't have Marshall Dillon standing alone against the bad guys ... and
there really are bad guys.

The black and white discussions of military guys in combat has the same sort
of Monday morning quarterbacking when it comes up.

There are many examples of stuff that happens that we are best left to
discuss only occasionally. Parents often treat their children in a way that
if "always" was on video tape, they might be prosecuted. Would it be best
if we put a big-brother camera in every room of every home to make sure no
one at any time did "anything" that was not "proper" according to big
brother. It could happen. I do think we have moved closer to 1984 than
farther away. It is still possible that we can drive ourselves into
unanticipated circumstances that will put even the sort of thing that Jerry
talks about (or Gary worries about) on the back burner.

Paul apparently believes there is a conscience group dedicated to getting us
there. I do not believe there is such a group, but I do believe the same
result might occur without the group.

A Man Beaten by Jacks

May 11, 2008, 8:08:14 PM5/11/08

That sounds more praiseworthy than your other example, which was just
overreaching. Why? Because the remedy for a Fourth Amendment
violation in a criminal case is that you don't get to introduce it as
evidence. If you instead get the property back to the owners, then at
least the owners got "justice." The shot across the bow to the perp
may have deterred him. However, no tainted evidence got introduced
into a court.

It leaves officers leeway to choose their remedy. I'm not sure I'd
want to see this kind of behavior encouraged, but it was certainly a
creative way of working in the legal environment you had to work with.

Paul Popinjay

May 11, 2008, 11:53:47 PM5/11/08
da pickle wrote:

> Paul apparently believes there is a conscience group dedicated to getting us
> there. I do not believe there is such a group,

That's because you spend too much time with your head in fiction. Waste
of time. And like your buddy Bob T., you are practically clueless. I
say 'practically', because he is 'completely'.

-PP

FL Turbo

May 12, 2008, 8:27:22 AM5/12/08

Well, just for the record here, I don't think you are a malcontent.

My description wouldn't apply to you.

Cheerios.

Jerry Sturdivant

May 12, 2008, 8:38:34 AM5/12/08

"da pickle" <jcpickels@(nospam)hotmail.com> wrote

> Jerry does seem to believe that cops-gone-bad
> is not a problem at all

Well, it is a problem. But the whole point of my post was to show the court
system is not protecting the officer. It’s why resisting arrest is so
prevalent, there is no penalty for the guy that resists and the officer
often gets hurt.

Jerry ‘n Vegas

Jerry Sturdivant

May 12, 2008, 8:49:01 AM5/12/08

"A Man Beaten by Jacks" <nob...@fool.foo> wrote

>> Or it may bother you that you THINK the cop overstepped

>> his authority. In either case, the cops did their job.

> It leaves officers leeway to choose their remedy. I'm not

> sure I'd want to see this kind of behavior encouraged, but
> it was certainly a creative way of working in the legal
> environment you had to work with.

In the end, it was police trying to serve the public.

We (deputies; I wasn't in on this one) also use an illigal roadblock one
time. This was after the SC said roadblocks were no longer legal. There was
a child abducted in a small town in the desert. (One road in and out).
Roadblocks were put up in spite of the law. Apparently the abductor saw them
and released the child. The bad guy got away, but the child was saved.

I would have hated to tell the mother that we could have saved the child but
we weren't allowed to put up roadblocks. Nobody in town complained. It's
just another example of the police serving the community.

Jerry 'n Vegas

garycarson

May 11, 2008, 9:11:26 PM5/11/08

When a cop acts to violate someones constitutional rights (even the 4th
amendment) he's violated the law.

Just because federal prosecutors aren't going to prosecute him doesn't
make his behavior okay.

If he really "knew" the guy was a thief and he really had probable cause
for a search of the vehicle, he could have convinced a judge of that and
gotten a warrant. A cop could have followed the guy until the sergeant
got the warrant.

The reason they didn't do that is that they are lazy fucks with no respect
for the law.

The problem with what they did has nothing to do with how it turned out.
It has to do with all those illegal stops and illegal searches they did
which didn't pan out.

NYC has been keeping records on a stop and frisk program. 83% of the
people they arbitraily stop and frisk are black or hispanic. 3% result in
arrests.

That means that 97% of the people they routinely hassle on the street have
not done anything wrong. 97%.

Do you think a 3% chance of wrongdoing is probable cause? Cops do.

John_Brian_K

May 12, 2008, 11:13:23 AM5/12/08
> You freaking poodle, the cops have NO
> LEGAL OBLIGATION to protect you!
> Your personal security is YOUR job,
> despite your Peter Pan mythology.
> And thanks to your masters, er I
> mean your leaders - who make the
> law, and hire the enforcers, who
> CARE - you have been stripped of
> your ability to defend your life and property.

Never been called a poodle before. I wonder what it means? Have you ever
seen the side of a Police Car? The part that says to protect and serve
seems relevant here for some reason.

I protect myself the best way I can, but when it goes beyond my control
you better believe I am calling in re enforcements. (The police)

> Gotta love that "life, liberty, and
> pursuit of happiness" propaganda...
>
> > ad I call the cops the cops WILL NOT show up at
> > my house and try to kick MY ass. You know
> > WHY? Because I am NOT a criminal!
>
> Just be careful what you're wearing...
> and always remember, it's a free country...

I MAY be naked because I do that sometimes at my house. If the guy got to
me with a gun or a knife I will not really care what I am wearing and am
pretty sure the police will not care when they get there either.

WTF does what I am wearing have to do with it? I am not talking about the
fashion police here Mark.

> > BOOM byae
>
> You sound like a gangsta, homey... careful
> your mouth around the storm troopers...

Its funny how I have never had a problem with what I want to say around
the police. Hmmmm I wonder WHY I have NEVER had a problem talking around
the police? Tact? Respect? Humility? I am not sure, but I would guess
because I never told them to fuck off or that I was going to kill their
mothers has something to do with it. I wonder what kind of person would
say such things to the police whose main job is to serve and protect?

> Mark

BOOM byae
John

garycarson

May 12, 2008, 2:42:28 PM5/12/08

The SC never outlawed roadblocks.

Many state courts had found that DWI roadblocks violated the 4th amendment
but for a long time the USSC refused to hear appeals. When they finally
did hear a case on it they found that there's a DWI exception to the
constitution.

I'm not aware of any court who has ever found that specific roadblocks for
specific purposes of locating escaped prisoners, kidnap victims, etc
violates the constitution. It would be different if such roadblocks were
used as a pretense fror making sure drivers had their papers in order.
This is an example of what I meant when I said your knowledge of policing
is based more on folklore than anything else.

garycarson

May 12, 2008, 2:49:38 PM5/12/08
On May 12 2008 11:13 AM, John_Brian_K wrote:

> > You freaking poodle, the cops have NO
> > LEGAL OBLIGATION to protect you!
> > Your personal security is YOUR job,
> > despite your Peter Pan mythology.
> > And thanks to your masters, er I
> > mean your leaders - who make the
> > law, and hire the enforcers, who
> > CARE - you have been stripped of
> > your ability to defend your life and property.
>
> Never been called a poodle before. I wonder what it means? Have you ever
> seen the side of a Police Car? The part that says to protect and serve
> seems relevant here for some reason.

PR painted on the side of the car does not establish a legal duty.

No government agent has a legal duty to protect you. WalMart has more of
a legal duty to protect you than the local police do. This has been
clearly established by scores and scores of court decisions.

Police have a duty to protect the "public". "The public" is the
government, not individual members of society. Courts are very clear
about this and cops are the first to claim they have no duty to protect
when someone tries to hold them accountable for a failure to protect.

> I protect myself the best way I can, but when it goes beyond my control
> you better believe I am calling in re enforcements. (The police)

Good luck with that.

.

------

Jerry Sturdivant

May 13, 2008, 9:58:07 AM5/13/08

"garycarson" <garyc...@alumni.northwestern.edu> wrote

> If he really "knew" the guy was a thief and he really had
> probable cause for a search of the vehicle, he could have
> convinced a judge of that and gotten a warrant.

No, he couldn't. That was the point.

> The reason they didn't do that is that they
> are lazy fucks with no respect for the law.

If we were 'lazy fucks' we'd not have bothered stopping them and getting
back the stolen goods.

> The problem with what they did has nothing to do with how it turned out.

There was no problem with what we did.

> It has to do with all those illegal stops and
> illegal searches they did which didn't pan out.

The ones you THINK were illegal stops and you THINK didn't pan out.

Look, you, like lots of others, hate cops; we'll leave it at that.

Jerry 'n Vegas

Kyle T. Jones

May 14, 2008, 6:04:25 PM5/14/08
John_Brian_K wrote:

>>> BOOM byae
>> You sound like a gangsta, homey... careful
>> your mouth around the storm troopers...
>
> Its funny how I have never had a problem with what I want to say around
> the police. Hmmmm I wonder WHY I have NEVER had a problem talking around
> the police? Tact? Respect? Humility? I am not sure, but I would guess
> because I never told them to fuck off or that I was going to kill their
> mothers has something to do with it. I wonder what kind of person would
> say such things to the police whose main job is to serve and protect?
>
>> Mark
>

> BOOM byae
> John

Why are you under the impression that there is a special way of talking
"to the police"?

Cheers.

FL Turbo

May 16, 2008, 10:12:01 PM5/16/08
On Wed, 14 May 2008 17:04:25 -0500, "Kyle T. Jones"
<Em...@reallyrealdomain.net> wrote:

>>> You sound like a gangsta, homey... careful
>>> your mouth around the storm troopers...
>>
>> Its funny how I have never had a problem with what I want to say around
>> the police. Hmmmm I wonder WHY I have NEVER had a problem talking around
>> the police? Tact? Respect? Humility? I am not sure, but I would guess
>> because I never told them to fuck off or that I was going to kill their
>> mothers has something to do with it. I wonder what kind of person would
>> say such things to the police whose main job is to serve and protect?
>>
>>> Mark
>>

>> BOOM byae
>> John
>>

>Why are you under the impression that there is a special way of talking
>"to the police"?
>
>Cheers.

It's the Attitude, Dude.

I can't tell you a special way of talking to a cop.
I can think of a few way you DON'T talk to a cop.

"Hey!! Don't tell me what to do; I pay your salary"
probably ranks right up there on the list.

Plenty of other ways along that line that can label you as a smart
mouthed punk.

The upcoming political conventions this year will probably add to the
list.

"The police are not here to promote disorder, they are here to
preserve it."

Mayor Richard R. Daley
1968

garycarson

May 16, 2008, 10:44:50 PM5/16/08

That's why most of them removed their badges before invading Lincoln Park.
They didn't want to be identified because they didn't want to be singled
out for praise for just doing their job in preserving order.

-----