Decade sw

Rebeckah

Nov 17, 2003, 6:38:19 PM11/17/03
Hey, can anybody recommend a good software for decade stats & predictions?
I'm currently using spreadsheets by hand, which is LABORIOUS to put it
mildly. bleh. Save me. ~Rebeckah

CDEX

Nov 17, 2003, 7:13:14 PM11/17/03
Hi Rebeckah,

You have a Decades overview in your LDIR software (on your Wins menu). You
also have Decades filtering in the main software and in the LD Free Wheeling
freeware.

The idea is to not do laborious work on Decade stats. You see the totals in
each Decade (0x, 1x, 2x, 3x, etc)for the last 10 and last 100 draws. From
there you can filter your wheeled combinations to zap ones that are outside
any limit you want to set for each of those Decades.

You also have filtering for Final Digits (x0, x1, x2, ... x9).

Other software might do it differently, but that way is easy and quick.

Joe

"Rebeckah" <millio...@door.net> wrote in message

Gerry

Nov 17, 2003, 7:22:02 PM11/17/03

"Rebeckah" <millio...@door.net> wrote in message

I doubt if there is any software that can predict decades
any better than you can do with a spreadsheet. Playing
decades is much like playing ball position such as putting
certain numbers in certain positions.

When playing decades we tend to look at the combination
left to right thinking of a balanced distribution of the decades
in the combination. Unfortunately we hardly ever get our
wish.

Can you perhaps be more specific in what you're trying
to accomplish and which game are you trying to "decade"

Gerry

Gerry

Nov 17, 2003, 7:39:00 PM11/17/03

"CDEX" <cd...@comcast.net> wrote in message

> Hi Rebeckah,
>
> You have a Decades overview in your LDIR software (on your Wins menu).
You
> also have Decades filtering in the main software and in the LD Free
Wheeling
> freeware.
>
> The idea is to not do laborious work on Decade stats. You see the totals
in
> each Decade (0x, 1x, 2x, 3x, etc)for the last 10 and last 100 draws. From
> there you can filter your wheeled combinations to zap ones that are
outside
> any limit you want to set for each of those Decades.

Sounds sort of like what I said to Rebeckah by zapping numbers
into or excluding from specific slots. Now exactly so but close ?

Lotwin does it by displaying the expected versus actuals for
the entire distribution such a 2-2-1-1 and creating a wheel around
that filter. For insurance more than one filter can be used.

I imagine although the two approaches are different the overall
results of what happens to the whole combination will be about
the same.

I agree when you say don't make it too laborious.

Gerry

Gerry

Nov 17, 2003, 8:27:42 PM11/17/03

"Gerry" <tul...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> I imagine although the two approaches are different the overall
> results of what happens to the whole combination will be about
> the same.

Said another way.

Lotwin boils potatos
LDIR boils potatoes

In the end it boils down to which player using which software
boiled the right spud :-)

Gerry

CDEX

Nov 17, 2003, 8:58:15 PM11/17/03

"Gerry" wrote:

> > I imagine although the two approaches are different
> > the overall results of what happens to the whole
> > combination will be about the same.
>
> Said another way.
>
> Lotwin boils potatos
> LDIR boils potatoes
>
> In the end it boils down to which player using
> which software boiled the right spud :-)

It's pretty much like that. LDIR doesn't compare the Decades results to the
statistical probabilities, it just presents a short summary of how wins have
fallen inside Decades for the last 10 and last 100 draws. Then the player
picks the wheel filtering based on that kind of data.

Partly it's done that way for consistency through the various kinds of
tracking that a player might be following. There's also "positional"
filtering, "movement" filtering, and "final digits" filtering that works
much in the same way. The player could dig deeper, but the main idea is to
cut out the grunt work.

For example, if I had nothing better to do I could surmise that the "best"
Decade to play next week is the 1x, and the "best" Final Digits are x5 and
x7. That means I'd play the numbers 15 and 17, however I might not want
them both in the same line, so I'd use a Positional Limits filter for one or
both of those positions, or many a Movements filter on them. I'm trying to
save some cost, but not at the expense of hours of time. The main idea is
to show some consistency in the way all that data are presented, so it's
easier to get familiar with the data and the filters for them.

One could save time with Quick Picks, but there's no fun in winning a
million bucks through a QP, is there? Where's the satisfaction?

Joe

Gerry

Nov 17, 2003, 9:46:12 PM11/17/03

> One could save time with Quick Picks, but there's no fun in winning a
> million bucks through a QP, is there? Where's the satisfaction?
>
> Joe

We could ask the few who have already done so but what
fun would that be ?

Gerry

Rebeckah

Nov 18, 2003, 1:32:28 PM11/18/03

"CDEX" <cd...@comcast.net> wrote in message

> Hi Rebeckah,
>
> You have a Decades overview in your LDIR software (on your Wins menu).
You
> also have Decades filtering in the main software and in the LD Free
Wheeling
> freeware.

*View* from the Scan menu only filters for sum, even, low,reps & consec..
what am I missing?
I know I can filter it in wheeling, but I want info on decade sequences,
skips, etc.

Rebeckah

Nov 18, 2003, 2:15:29 PM11/18/03

> I doubt if there is any software that can predict decades
> any better than you can do with a spreadsheet. Playing
> decades is much like playing ball position such as putting
> certain numbers in certain positions.
>
> When playing decades we tend to look at the combination
> left to right thinking of a balanced distribution of the decades
> in the combination. Unfortunately we hardly ever get our
> wish.
>
> Can you perhaps be more specific in what you're trying
> to accomplish and which game are you trying to "decade"
>
> Gerry

I'm working on MegaMillions. I'm looking for decade sequences : 012345,
11112, as well as: qty hit, hits with, trailing decades {what follows what
most frequently} , %s, dec skips, qty skipped, doubles, triples, tracking
drawings since hit, I also have more data on dec skips, like reduced decade
sequences, & graphs. And, of course, all this with and without the Bonus
Ball included. I have SOME of this on ss already, but each frequency chart
takes awhile. Once it's made, it's easy & quick to update, I'm just thinking
there HAS to be an easier way.

Positional stats are also helpful, {like for pos. limits in filtering} but
not as helpful as decade stats have been for me. Eliminating 2 entire
decades is super helpful. Turns MM into a 39 ball game. It has 2 decades
skip 50% of the time {78 games}. & predicting the 50s skip is easy.

I have LotWin, & haven't found much extra time to really learn how to use
it. I wish more sw progs were intuitive & user friendly. Playing with it a
bit I couldn't find a decade filter, just more of what I already have with
GH & LDir.
~Rebeckah

Rebeckah

Nov 18, 2003, 2:19:21 PM11/18/03

> Said another way.
>
> Lotwin boils potatos
> LDIR boils potatoes
>
> In the end it boils down to which player using which software
> boiled the right spud :-)
>
> Gerry

& if you cooked it in a microwave, bolied it on the stove top, or spent the
day rubbing sticks together in the pouring rain & freezing cold to make a
fire to cook it at a campsite while a bird is pooping on your head.

~Rebeckah

Rebeckah

Nov 18, 2003, 2:21:33 PM11/18/03

> "CDEX" <cd...@comcast.net> wrote in message
>
> > One could save time with Quick Picks, but there's no fun in winning a
> > million bucks through a QP, is there? Where's the satisfaction?
> >
> > Joe

Satisfaction-smaction
I'm in it for the money
gimme gimme
: )

Gerry

Nov 18, 2003, 4:09:44 PM11/18/03

> I'm working on MegaMillions. I'm looking for decade sequences : 012345,
> 11112, as well as: qty hit, hits with, trailing decades {what follows what
> most frequently} , %s, dec skips, qty skipped, doubles, triples, tracking
> drawings since hit, I also have more data on dec skips, like reduced
decade
> sequences, & graphs. And, of course, all this with and without the Bonus
> Ball included. I have SOME of this on ss already, but each frequency chart
> takes awhile. Once it's made, it's easy & quick to update, I'm just
thinking
> there HAS to be an easier way.
>
> Positional stats are also helpful, {like for pos. limits in filtering} but
> not as helpful as decade stats have been for me. Eliminating 2 entire
> decades is super helpful. Turns MM into a 39 ball game. It has 2 decades
> skip 50% of the time {78 games}. & predicting the 50s skip is easy.
>
> I have LotWin, & haven't found much extra time to really learn how to use
> it. I wish more sw progs were intuitive & user friendly. Playing with it a
> bit I couldn't find a decade filter, just more of what I already have
with
> GH & LDir.
> ~Rebeckah

If we reduce MM to a 5/39 game it's still difficult to get decent
coverage at an affordable cost. That 's why I like to play ball position
on this game by shooting the moon with a few numbers in a few
slots and let the software fill in the blanks.

At odds of 135 million to one I can't get into trying to micromanage
the combinations and can find other ways of getting some satisfaction ;-)

Gerry

Nov 18, 2003, 4:22:04 PM11/18/03

"Rebeckah" <millio...@door.net> wrote in message

Birds don't poop on my head. It gets chewed up by the propeller :-)

bwa !!

CDEX

Nov 18, 2003, 7:15:36 PM11/18/03

"Rebeckah" wrote:

> "CDEX" wrote:
> >
> > You have a Decades overview in your LDIR software (on your Wins menu).
> > You also have Decades filtering in the main software and in the LD Free
> > Wheeling freeware.

> *View* from the Scan menu only filters for sum, even, low, reps,

> & consec.. what am I missing? I know I can filter it in wheeling,
> but I want info on decade sequences, skips, etc.

There's a "Decades/Positions/Movements" selection on your "Wins" menu.

For skips (LDIR calls them "Intervals"), look on your "Data" menu. You
have an Intervals selection, a Sequences selection, and five Pattern graphs.
One Pattern graph is an overview; the remaining four are details. Set the
toggle "on" for those four graphs, and you'll see how well they have done in
matching winning numbers over the last 70 draws. On each pattern screen,
use "Size" to see the highest percentage of wins in the pattern, and use
"Wins" to see the winning numbers for each draw.

For the next draw, to see which numbers are inside each pattern right now,
select "Quick View -- Patterns". That's also on your "Data" menu. You
can wheel the numbers automatically in your wheeling systems, on your
"Numbers to Wheel" screen.

- - -

If we need to get into more detail with examples, it might be better to take
it out of RGL and into the LDIR Customer Support forum. It's probably best
to not load up RGL with a too many messages about one software.

Hope it helps. Just let me know if you need more information. I'll be
happy to help with it.

Joe

Robert Perkis

Nov 19, 2003, 12:34:57 AM11/19/03

With Lotwin you filter decades by not selecting any numbers
from decades you don't want represented when building your
Number Set for wheeling.

You have to know how to win before you can write software
that automates what you know for you and your customers.

Lotto software and system authors have no better record of
winning jackpots then anyone discussing it here. Pretty
much you have to figure you're buying a tool set that might
build a winning ticket if you have appropriate skills.

My art teacher was fond of saying a master can paint a
masterpiece with a toothbrush while we needed the best
brushes to be mediocre artists or something like that. ;-)

Robert

Rebeckah

Nov 20, 2003, 12:18:50 PM11/20/03

"Robert Perkis" <rob...@icdus.com> wrote in message
{snip}

> Lotto software and system authors have no better record of
> winning jackpots then anyone discussing it here. Pretty
> much you have to figure you're buying a tool set that might
> build a winning ticket if you have appropriate skills.
>
> My art teacher was fond of saying a master can paint a
> masterpiece with a toothbrush while we needed the best
> brushes to be mediocre artists or something like that. ;-)
>
> Robert

But even a Master was mediocre at some point. Even a Master had to learn
over many years.
I consider the lottery a kind of joining forces... to go back to the
hunting/trapping analogy, you must know the nature of the beast that you're
hunting...
that way you can intuitively anticipate it's next move & be there for the
kill.

Back to painting: the more you paint the {hopefully} better you become.
Practice makes perfect....
In # selection I feel the better you get at it, the better your wins. As
evidenced by the latest big wins on the 6/49 board.
But it's the same in mastering any endevor: dedication, learning, effort
over time, practice & one day there's a masterpiece.

I'm much better at # picking today than I was when I played birthday bets.

Rebeckah

Nov 20, 2003, 1:25:20 PM11/20/03

"CDEX" <cd...@comcast.net> wrote in message

yea, I get the skips for #s, but I'm looking for skips for DECADES data. Hit
sequences for DECADES, like 11112.
In depth decade stats like that.
~Rebeckah

lottoluk

Nov 20, 2003, 3:03:47 PM11/20/03
"Rebeckah" <millio...@door.net> wrote..

<some very gentle snips for the Lady>

> ... to go back to the hunting/trapping analogy, you must know
> the nature of the beast that you're hunting... that way you can
> intuitively anticipate it's next move & be there for the kill.

'er, no talk of violence please.. there's a gentleman present.

> Back to painting: the more you paint the {hopefully} better you
> become. Practice makes perfect....

If a picture paints a Jackpot winning line, then one day you'll paint
two.

> But it's the same in mastering any endevor: dedication,
> learning, effort over time, practice & one day there's
> a masterpiece.

Didn't Vincent Van Gogh say the same thing prior to cutting off his
own ear!

> I'm much better at # picking today than I was when
> I played birthday bets.

Looks like we finally got a challenger that will knock Gerry off his
nose-picking perch.

Nick :-)

Richard McTavish

Nov 20, 2003, 6:10:26 PM11/20/03
What do you mean by a decade hit sequence ?
0 = 1 - 9
1 = 10 -19
2 = 20 - 29
3 = 30 - 39
4 = 40 - 49

For example,
3 16 23 29 38 41 = 012234
11 12 15 17 19 25 = 111112
9 18 19 22 27 36 = 011223
Am I on the right track ?

What's a skip ?

Rebeckah

Nov 21, 2003, 1:16:37 PM11/21/03

"Richard McTavish" <ra.mc...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

> What do you mean by a decade hit sequence ?
> 0 = 1 - 9
> 1 = 10 -19
> 2 = 20 - 29
> 3 = 30 - 39
> 4 = 40 - 49
>
> For example,
> 3 16 23 29 38 41 = 012234
> 11 12 15 17 19 25 = 111112
> 9 18 19 22 27 36 = 011223
> Am I on the right track ?
>
> What's a skip ?

Yes, I call that decade hit sequence. Then there's decade quanity sequence.
which would for your examples would be: {for decade0-50s/6balls}
3 16 23 29 38 41 = 112110
11 12 15 17 19 25 = 051000
9 18 19 22 27 36 = 122100

which I bring down to11112, 15, 1122 etc...
that info shows that for MegaMillions a 2 decade skip{meaning 2 decades did
NOT hit} happens 49% of the time. 2 or more skips happens 77% of the time. &
a 111111 decade sequence happens 2% of the time. Meaning 98% of the time at
least one decade won't hit. Guess what I'll be playing, or NOT playing. ; )

a skip is *officially* ; ) the period between hits for a decade or number.
Like if a decade doesn't hit for 5 games, 5 is the skip period.
~Rebeckah

Rebeckah

Nov 21, 2003, 5:04:28 PM11/21/03

"lottoluk" <lott...@nospamntlworld.com> wrote in message

> 'er, no talk of violence please.. there's a gentleman present.

oh, Dear Sir, please forgive me. All this talk of holding PNISes must have
clouded my judgement.

> > Back to painting: the more you paint the {hopefully} better you
> > become. Practice makes perfect....
>
> If a picture paints a Jackpot winning line, then one day you'll paint
> two.

TWO jackpots?!!! YESIRREEE!!! I'll take that, thankyouverymuch. : )

> > But it's the same in mastering any endevor: dedication,
> > learning, effort over time, practice & one day there's
> > a masterpiece.
>
> Didn't Vincent Van Gogh say the same thing prior to cutting off his
> own ear!

I think he said: *AARRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH*
cuz it hurt.

> > I'm much better at # picking today than I was when
> > I played birthday bets.
> >
> Looks like we finally got a challenger that will knock Gerry off his
> nose-picking perch.
>
> Nick :-)

I dunno. I have to get this obnoxious quattropro10 to stop crashing on me.
grrrrrrrr. I'm not really interested in challenging anybody since I have no
website, nor software to sell. I just want to win money & have some fun. : )
~Rebeckah

Rebeckah

Nov 21, 2003, 6:26:47 PM11/21/03

&
> a 111111 decade sequence happens 2% of the time. Meaning 98% of the time
at
> least one decade won't hit. Guess what I'll be playing, or NOT playing.
; )

> a skip is *officially* ; ) the period between hits for a decade or
number.
> Like if a decade doesn't hit for 5 games, 5 is the skip period.
> ~Rebeckah

For clarity's sake, I don't call it dec hit seq;
I'm calling 011245 a *decade position sequence*, DPS, or dec pos seq
and 11112, 15, 1122, etc, *decade quantity sequence*. DQS, or dec qty seq

Can I have credit for inventing a new lotto term?
bounce bounce
can I?can I?
: )))))
~Rebeckah

Nigel

Nov 21, 2003, 6:41:38 PM11/21/03
Rebeckah wrote:

<snip>

> I dunno. I have to get this obnoxious quattropro10 to stop crashing on me.
> grrrrrrrr. I'm not really interested in challenging anybody since I have no
> website, nor software to sell. I just want to win money & have some fun. : )
> ~Rebeckah

Commiserations.

I use QP9. I spent a couple of happy hours the other evening trying to
get a macro to work using relative addressing, but it kept using the
right column and row from the wrong worksheet. Then I looked at the
Corel website and found a service pack for QP10 that corrects the
problem. Aaaaarrrrgggghhhh! (No that wasn't me cutting my ear off - my
artistic talent is on a par with Bliar's honesty). I found another
solution eventually.

Evil Nigel

Richard McTavish

Nov 21, 2003, 6:35:58 PM11/21/03
Thanks for the info.
My software already does the frequency of "decade hit sequence"... I call it
"common formats".
I'm always interested in new functions to program... maybe I'll add some decade
functions when I have some time.
Decade functions would probably be good to use on a game like KENO(20/70).

Richard McTavish

Nov 21, 2003, 7:14:40 PM11/21/03

Rebeckah wrote:

> For clarity's sake, I don't call it dec hit seq;
> I'm calling 011245 a *decade position sequence*, DPS, or dec pos seq
> and 11112, 15, 1122, etc, *decade quantity sequence*. DQS, or dec qty seq

Sounds good.

> Can I have credit for inventing a new lotto term?

I guess, unless someone else already has it claimed or trademarked.

Robert Perkis

Nov 21, 2003, 9:42:59 PM11/21/03

Can't you code or assign pointer numbers to your decades
and enter that as a game in software that has a skip and
hit chart? RP

Gerry

Nov 21, 2003, 9:58:31 PM11/21/03

"Rebeckah" <millio...@door.net> wrote in message

How do all of these numbers, skips, and percentages stack up
against random expectation ?

Rebeckah

Nov 22, 2003, 3:27:13 PM11/22/03

-----------

> Can't you code or assign pointer numbers to your decades
> and enter that as a game in software that has a skip and
> hit chart? RP

Problem is duplicates, or double dec hits.... my software won't let me enter
the same # on one line, unless it's powerball/megaball.
..... the 012345 are already pointer #s for the decades in the dec pos seq
...... I did a skip & hit chart on a spreadsheet, also charting no skips,
{or when all decades hit} which actually took less time than entering 160
decade sequences by hand. SS also alow me to colorcode, which Quattro is
excellent for.
~Rebeckah

Rebeckah

Nov 22, 2003, 3:37:10 PM11/22/03

"Nigel" <use...@nospam.com> wrote in message

Commiserations cont.
I spent FIVE hours downloading a patch which obviously hasn't stopped QP10
from crashing. I've seriously been considering buying Excel. That way I can
do covermaster as well. Which I can't open with quatttro... *crappo* is more
like it... Its latest fiasco is I can't open my final digits files... not on
either of my backup discs either. I'm talking with the Crappo support
newsgroup & their suggestions haven't opened it YET either. wazup with this?
Stupid frustrating spreadsheet. I wonder if they made it buggy on purpose so
we'd get this frustrated & buy up? MS conspiracy theories..... ; )
~Rebeckah

Rebeckah

Nov 22, 2003, 3:53:07 PM11/22/03

> Thanks for the info.
> My software already does the frequency of "decade hit sequence"... I call
it
> "common formats".
> I'm always interested in new functions to program... maybe I'll add some
decade
> functions when I have some time.
> Decade functions would probably be good to use on a game like KENO(20/70).

It's great for ALL games.
May I suggest adding in following decades... meaning what decade follows
what in frequency.. these are also called trailing #s, announcers,
predictors... like if a double 20 hits, that it is most frequently followed
by a 001133 sequence, or a 30-50 skip...etc. you get the idea ?

Also, tying that in with final digit sequences. Of real interest is what
happens with doubles and triple decs hitting. Frequency of hit stats are
good of course,.... but looking at what happens NEXT is where you get the
real predictive help. Knowing that a double 20 hits most with a double 40
decade is only helpful if you can accurately predict when a 20 or 40 will
hit next, & hit double.

So, looking at those types of stats helps most with *predicting*. yes, yes,
we can never perfectly predict, but the whole basis of doing statistical
work like this is believing in it's predictive nature. I've found working
with decades & positional limits to be the most advantageous for predicting.
& obviously I'm aching for a really good decade software to help with the
work.... If I knew ANYTHING at all about programming I'd make it myself. If
you want more suggestions to incorporate into your sw LMK, as I just want a
sw that has in depth decade stat abilities. That'll really help your game.
~Rebeckah

Rebeckah

Nov 22, 2003, 4:16:29 PM11/22/03

"Gerry" <tul...@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:rhAvb.10306
{snip}

> > that info shows that for MegaMillions a 2 decade skip{meaning 2 decades
> did
> > NOT hit} happens 49% of the time. 2 or more skips happens 77% of the
time.
> &
> > a 111111 decade sequence happens 2% of the time. Meaning 98% of the time
> at
> > least one decade won't hit. Guess what I'll be playing, or NOT playing.
> ; )
> >
> > a skip is *officially* ; ) the period between hits for a decade or
> number.
> > Like if a decade doesn't hit for 5 games, 5 is the skip period.
> > ~Rebeckah
>
> How do all of these numbers, skips, and percentages stack up
> against random expectation ?

I have no frickin' idea. : )))))
If ya wanted to get all technical you could say that every lottery is
essentialy *random*,.. or at least, it's supposed to be. Thus you're really
asking how the stats of this lotto compare to any other lotto.... right? If
not, then could you direct me to a way to compare? What would be an official
random expectation? Honestly, I'd rather spend my time educating meself on
the actual lottery I'm playing. I've tried tracking more than one lotto at a
time before & I did poorly at both. So I have to stick with just one. {Lotto
monagomy} ; )

Welp, you know that every lottery is different, and their stats are
different too. Like TX lotto had the 0-9 decade hitting in 78% of it's
draws, {at my last check} Megamillions has it hitting 70%... prob not a big
dif. But it feels dif to me & I'll play MM differently than TX lotto.. {For
starters, I won't play TX anymore, they got me mad. HA!}
Sorry I can't say more.
~Rebeckah

Gerry

Nov 22, 2003, 7:16:15 PM11/22/03

"Rebeckah" <millio...@door.net> wrote in message

I'm referring to the MM game specifically so you can trash everything
you ever knew about the TX :-)

There are two ways to improve our chances at lottery.

1. Buy more tickets...that's the easy way.

2. Don't buy more tickets and significantly beat random expectation
consistently. We haven't figured out how to do that yet. We can do it
in the short term. Some will say it's done with skill and some will say
it's luck.

On any lottery game "sequences" or what I refer to as distributions
have an expected hit interval that is based upon the total number
of combinations for that particular sequence. I'll use the term sequence
because you're more familiar with that.

For instance on MM the Odd/Even 2-3 sequence is expected to occur
every 3 draws and over a longer draw period it will average out to
occuring every 3 draws.

If we decide to play the Odd/Even 2-3 sequence for the rest of our
life and no other Odd/Even sequence we will be playing "at"
random expectation and will only improve our chances when that
sequence occurs.There will be times when it occurs 2-3 times
in a row and some times it will go out to lunch with what you
call skips.

There are 845,000 Odd?Even 2-3 sequences or 33% of the
total 2,598,960 combinations for a 5/52 game. BTW, I'm
only talking about the 5 main balls. Forget the bonus ball for
this discussion.

Decades sequences also have a random expectation interval.
I'm not quite sure what your saying in the next paragraph.

> Welp, you know that every lottery is different, and their stats are
> different too. Like TX lotto had the 0-9 decade hitting in 78% of it's
> draws, {at my last check} Megamillions has it hitting 70%... prob not a
big
> dif. But it feels dif to me & I'll play MM differently than TX lotto..
{For
> starters, I won't play TX anymore, they got me mad. HA!}
> Sorry I can't say more.
> ~Rebeckah

I "think" you're saying that numbers 1-9 are hitting at 70%. I looked
at the history and see it hitting 50% in the last 20 and 65% in the last
40 draws.

Are we looking at the same thing ?

There are 1,110,690 sequences with 1-9 in the first position or
42% of of the total. The official random expectation for this sequence
is it "should" occur on average 42% of the time.

It did a little better in the last 20 and a lot better in the last 40 but
what
will it do in the future ? We need to start somwhere in knowing what to
expect so we can measure our strategy's performance. If we decide to
play the 1-9 sequence for the rest of our life and nothing else we should
expect to have some slim chances at getting all 5 main balls 42% of the
time. We're still not considering the bonus ball. That's another beast
unto itself.

The odds for getting all 5 is 2.6M to one. If we play a single sequence
and it occurs the odds drop to 1.1M to one for "that" draw. We should
expect to enjoy those better odds 42% of the time. There will be times
when it's better and we improve our chances. Question is was it skill
or luck ?

Gerry

Richard McTavish

Nov 22, 2003, 7:26:12 PM11/22/03

Rebeckah wrote:

> It's great for ALL games.
> May I suggest adding in following decades... meaning what decade follows
> what in frequency.. these are also called trailing #s, announcers,
> predictors... like if a double 20 hits, that it is most frequently followed
> by a 001133 sequence, or a 30-50 skip...etc. you get the idea ?

Yes.

> Also, tying that in with final digit sequences. Of real interest is what
> happens with doubles and triple decs hitting. Frequency of hit stats are
> good of course,.... but looking at what happens NEXT is where you get the
> real predictive help. Knowing that a double 20 hits most with a double 40
> decade is only helpful if you can accurately predict when a 20 or 40 will
> hit next, & hit double.
>
> So, looking at those types of stats helps most with *predicting*. yes, yes,
> we can never perfectly predict, but the whole basis of doing statistical
> work like this is believing in it's predictive nature. I've found working
> with decades & positional limits to be the most advantageous for predicting.
> & obviously I'm aching for a really good decade software to help with the
> work.... If I knew ANYTHING at all about programming I'd make it myself. If
> you want more suggestions to incorporate into your sw LMK, as I just want a
> sw that has in depth decade stat abilities. That'll really help your game.

Any suggestions I see, I'm copying into a file so I will have it for future
reference.

> ~Rebeckah

lottoluk

Nov 22, 2003, 7:56:12 PM11/22/03
"Gerry" <tul...@earthlink.net> expertly warbled from his perch on
high..

<massive snips, see Gerry's post above>

> Question is was it skill or luck ?
>
> Gerry

Good post Gerry and very well explained to the 'Lady of RGL'
(Rebeckah) .

I knew it, obviously *you* knew it, so let's hope Lady Rebeckah now
knows it!

As a result of that very proficient post, I now retract *everything* I
was thinking about you! :-)

Nick.
Ps: If I start posting here as 'Nicola' will you be as helpful to me?
:-)

Nigel

Nov 23, 2003, 7:29:52 AM11/23/03
Rebeckah wrote:

> Commiserations cont.
> I spent FIVE hours downloading a patch which obviously hasn't stopped QP10
> from crashing. I've seriously been considering buying Excel. That way I can
> do covermaster as well. Which I can't open with quatttro... *crappo* is more
> like it... Its latest fiasco is I can't open my final digits files... not on
> either of my backup discs either. I'm talking with the Crappo support
> newsgroup & their suggestions haven't opened it YET either. wazup with this?
> Stupid frustrating spreadsheet. I wonder if they made it buggy on purpose so
> we'd get this frustrated & buy up? MS conspiracy theories..... ; )
> ~Rebeckah

I'm in the process of converting from qp5 to qp9. I've just converted a
lottery-related spreadsheet, amended the macros so they don't stick up
prompts all the time (they didn't with QP5) and tried to run them. Wow -
I've never seen such a spectacular crash! I had to reboot the whole
machine. I then reran the macros without changing anything and they ran
fine!

I used to use Excel but it was buggy and I soon starting hitting limits
so I switched to QP5. I tried converting back when Excel 95 and Excel 97
came out but they were both equally inadequate. Shame, Excel's got a
better user interface and is much more universal. I'm hoping to get a
more up-to-date version of Excel to try, but old Bill likes his huge
wads of cash.

Evil Nigel

Rebeckah

Nov 23, 2003, 4:30:38 PM11/23/03

> I'm referring to the MM game specifically so you can trash everything
> you ever knew about the TX :-)
> There are two ways to improve our chances at lottery.
>
> 1. Buy more tickets...that's the easy way.
>
> 2. Don't buy more tickets and significantly beat random expectation
> consistently. We haven't figured out how to do that yet. We can do it
> in the short term. Some will say it's done with skill and some will say
> it's luck.
>
> On any lottery game "sequences" or what I refer to as distributions
> have an expected hit interval that is based upon the total number
> of combinations for that particular sequence. I'll use the term sequence
> because you're more familiar with that.

so what you mean is the average? Figure out the average hit period for
a decade & that's your *random expectation* ? Is that what you mean?
But that'd be a moving average based on the games stats.

> For instance on MM the Odd/Even 2-3 sequence is expected to occur
> every 3 draws and over a longer draw period it will average out to
> occuring every 3 draws.
>
> If we decide to play the Odd/Even 2-3 sequence for the rest of our
> life and no other Odd/Even sequence we will be playing "at"
> random expectation and will only improve our chances when that
> sequence occurs.There will be times when it occurs 2-3 times
> in a row and some times it will go out to lunch with what you
> call skips.
>
> There are 845,000 Odd?Even 2-3 sequences or 33% of the
> total 2,598,960 combinations for a 5/52 game. BTW, I'm
> only talking about the 5 main balls. Forget the bonus ball for
> this discussion.
>
> Decades sequences also have a random expectation interval.
> I'm not quite sure what your saying in the next paragraph.

Do you mean an average hit interval?
Are you defining *random expectation* as from the static stats of ANY 5/52
game?
yea, that's what I need, some static stats on the game.... like what you
cited above.
The ACTUAL breakdown for ANY/all 5/52 game... that's why I can't tell you
how it's doing
vs. that.. *ran exp*... I don't HAVE that info... : / can you email me
stats, or post a link to a
site that'd help me with that? Or recommend a quick way to get that info
without having to
spreadsheet every combo.... yikes

& hey, in my defense I've only been working on MM for about 2 months now.
So I'm not fully up to speed yet.... gimme another month ; ) haha

> > Welp, you know that every lottery is different, and their stats are
> > different too. Like TX lotto had the 0-9 decade hitting in 78% of it's
> > draws, {at my last check} Megamillions has it hitting 70%... prob not a
> big
> > dif. But it feels dif to me & I'll play MM differently than TX lotto..
> {For
> > starters, I won't play TX anymore, they got me mad. HA!}
> > Sorry I can't say more.
> > ~Rebeckah
>
> I "think" you're saying that numbers 1-9 are hitting at 70%. I looked
> at the history and see it hitting 50% in the last 20 and 65% in the last
> 40 draws.
>
> Are we looking at the same thing ?

I meant #s 1-9... 0 decade {typo}
My stats are on BB included, 158 games.

in last 20 games, {Megamillions games 138-158, no BB} 0 decade hit 12/20
games.
How does that equal 50%? My math makes it 60%

> There are 1,110,690 sequences with 1-9 in the first position or
> 42% of of the total. The official random expectation for this sequence
> is it "should" occur on average 42% of the time.

AHA! : )
So, now we know that 0 dec hits 18% {by my maths} above the expectation.
Or, for 158 games, 0 dec hits 28% above expectation.
How will knowing this help you predict when 0 dec will hit next?

Yea, it's great to compare, so you can say MM hits 28% more than expected,
but so what?
In the end how does it change how you play? I still base my predictions upon
what the game
is _actually_ doing.

> It did a little better in the last 20 and a lot better in the last 40 but
what
> will it do in the future ? We need to start somwhere in knowing what to
> expect so we can measure our strategy's performance.

As compared to expected.... but HOW does that help you other than
showing that it's above or below expectation... I guess that'd be good if
you're
going to compare lots of different lottos.. Or just to know, so that you can
know. ?
But I'm just playing one game & I want to concentrate on stats that will
really help
my predictions. I've spent too much time on data that in the end didn't help
in
number selection, or game predictions at all. In lottery number predicting,
time is
actually a big consideration.

> If we decide to
> play the 1-9 sequence for the rest of our life and nothing else we should
> expect to have some slim chances at getting all 5 main balls 42% of the
> time. We're still not considering the bonus ball. That's another beast
> unto itself.

I can see wanting to know ran. exp. for that reason, but I wouldn't play
only
one thing for the rest of my life. Would you?
I also track when it skips and back off playing
at those times, or adjust play for possibility of 0 dec skip.

> The odds for getting all 5 is 2.6M to one. If we play a single sequence
> and it occurs the odds drop to 1.1M to one for "that" draw. We should
> expect to enjoy those better odds 42% of the time. There will be times
> when it's better and we improve our chances. Question is was it skill
> or luck ?
>
> Gerry

yes.
skill is making luck happen ; )
I'm happy to have somebody to discuss my lotto with.
Thanks Gerry. : )
~Rebeckah

Rebeckah

Nov 23, 2003, 4:45:50 PM11/23/03

> I'm in the process of converting from qp5 to qp9. I've just converted a
> lottery-related spreadsheet, amended the macros so they don't stick up
> prompts all the time (they didn't with QP5) and tried to run them. Wow -
> I've never seen such a spectacular crash! I had to reboot the whole
> machine. I then reran the macros without changing anything and they ran
> fine!
>
> I used to use Excel but it was buggy and I soon starting hitting limits
> so I switched to QP5. I tried converting back when Excel 95 and Excel 97
> came out but they were both equally inadequate. Shame, Excel's got a
> better user interface and is much more universal. I'm hoping to get a
> more up-to-date version of Excel to try, but old Bill likes his huge
> wads of cash.
>
> Evil Nigel

I recently got a new computer, so I've changed from old MSWorks spreadsheets
on win95 to QP10.
Imagine my dumbfounded amazement. lol. I haven't even begun to look at using
macros yet.
Glad your fiasco cleared up. It's surprising sometimes ain't it?

My unopenable file finally got opened thru word processing prog, but some
pages were gone.... & all formating.. hassle...
but something nudged me to check the recycling bin & low & behold... there
was a deleted copy from last week.
Don't know how THAT got there.... thank God I've never emptied the bin.
Restored & saved. VOILA!!!!!
More amazement and much glee. : )
~Rebeckah

Nigel

Nov 25, 2003, 2:53:17 PM11/25/03
Rebeckah wrote:

> I recently got a new computer, so I've changed from old MSWorks spreadsheets
> on win95 to QP10.
> Imagine my dumbfounded amazement. lol. I haven't even begun to look at using
> macros yet.
> Glad your fiasco cleared up. It's surprising sometimes ain't it?
>
> My unopenable file finally got opened thru word processing prog, but some
> pages were gone.... & all formating.. hassle...
> but something nudged me to check the recycling bin & low & behold... there
> was a deleted copy from last week.
> Don't know how THAT got there.... thank God I've never emptied the bin.
> Restored & saved. VOILA!!!!!
> More amazement and much glee. : )
> ~Rebeckah

Good, I hope you're up and running now.

I tracked down a user group bulletin which says that files with hotlinks
are "unstable" and crash QPW.EXE when you save them. There was a
servicepack to QP9 to fix the problem, but that seems to be no longer
available - in fact the problem has allegedly resurfaced in QP10. I have
switched to exporting and importing data using CSV files - a bit more
work but no more crashes and it's compatible with eg Excel.

Now I can get back to analysing data again rather than grappling with
crap software which sells for hundreds of dollars!

Evil Nigel

Rebeckah

Nov 27, 2003, 1:38:16 PM11/27/03

> Good, I hope you're up and running now.
>
> I tracked down a user group bulletin which says that files with hotlinks
> are "unstable" and crash QPW.EXE when you save them. There was a
> servicepack to QP9 to fix the problem, but that seems to be no longer
> available - in fact the problem has allegedly resurfaced in QP10. I have
> switched to exporting and importing data using CSV files - a bit more
> work but no more crashes and it's compatible with eg Excel.
>
> Now I can get back to analysing data again rather than grappling with
> crap software which sells for hundreds of dollars!
>
> Evil Nigel

I hear ya. & Thanks for the tip. I'll definately stop with the links. Makes
updating more tedious, but that's better than another crash. Do you use
covermaster? QP10 open box says you can open Excel files, but I haven't been
able to get covermaster open thru QP10.
~Rebeckah

Nigel

Nov 28, 2003, 10:11:18 AM11/28/03
Rebeckah wrote:

> I hear ya. & Thanks for the tip. I'll definately stop with the links. Makes
> updating more tedious, but that's better than another crash. Do you use
> covermaster? QP10 open box says you can open Excel files, but I haven't been
> able to get covermaster open thru QP10.
> ~Rebeckah

Hi Rebeckah,

I use Covermaster (great software) but I don't routinely import wheels
into spreadsheets. I've just had a try though. Covermaster saved the
wheel I generated in plain txt format with columns delimited by size.
When I went through File/Open in QP9, it automatically brought up the
parse expert window which I left to default and the wheel opened ok.
Alternatively in QP9 you can select Tools/DataTools/QuickColumns which
also brings up the parse expert window.

If I'm on the wrong track, please can you explain in more detail what
you're trying to do.

Evil Nigel

Rebeckah

Nov 28, 2003, 8:35:31 PM11/28/03

"Nigel" <use...@nospam.com> wrote in message news:GBJxb.14164

> Hi Rebeckah,
>
> I use Covermaster (great software) but I don't routinely import wheels
> into spreadsheets. I've just had a try though. Covermaster saved the
> wheel I generated in plain txt format with columns delimited by size.
> When I went through File/Open in QP9, it automatically brought up the
> parse expert window which I left to default and the wheel opened ok.
> Alternatively in QP9 you can select Tools/DataTools/QuickColumns which
> also brings up the parse expert window.
>
> If I'm on the wrong track, please can you explain in more detail what
> you're trying to do.
>
> Evil Nigel

I'm trying to get it open. lol.
Nigel, I just can't even open it. At all. I've tried opening it self, which
I get the QP loader error, opening thru QP10 sends it into CARM. So, I got
nowhere. Good on you for getting it to work. Sounds like a good sw from all
reports.
~Rebeckah