travel query: St. Petersburg, Russia, + Europe

kluge r

Dec 21, 1991, 1:11:44 PM12/21/91

If all goes well, I'll be in St. Petersburg, Russia,
from February through June, 1992, and will also travel
to the Baltic States as well as Belarus and Ukraine.

I will also be in northern Germany (Bremen and Berlin),
(Zurich) Switzerland, and (Paris) France in July.

I'm a Southern Californian with only childhood memories of
cold-weather living (gee, the snow was so-o-o much fun!),
and would like any suggestions about clothing to take as
well as other hints specific to the places.

I'm also a vegetarian (vegan), and I'm particularly interested
in vegetarian organizations, foodstores, and restaurants,
particularly in Russia and the Baltic countries. I'm planning
to take a laptop computer with a modem--any info about this
as well?

Any experiences related to any of this out there?

Please respond by e-mail. I'll post a summary, if there
is interest.

Thanks,

-- Peter

INTERNET: "Nothing will benefit health and
kas...@ucselx.sdsu.edu increase the chances for survival
of life on Earth as the evolution
to a vegetarian diet." A. Einstein