Santa Fe Restaurant Recommendations

Kelly2729

Sep 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/11/96

I will be in Santa Fe in late September for a seminar and would appreciate
recommendations of really special, interesting, and/or different dining
experiences in the area.

Mike Copeland

Sep 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/11/96

> I will be in Santa Fe in late September for a seminar and would appreciate
> recommendations of really special, interesting, and/or different dining
> experiences in the area.

Venesse's <sp>, for sure - especially when Doug Montgomery is playing
there!! Dining is in one room, and the lounge next door has wonderful
entertainment (you have to walk through the room to get to the dining
room). You often see famous people (movie/TV stars, etc.) there, as many
have homes in Santa Fe.
Also, Cafe Sena, which has excellent food and young waiters/waitresses
who are music students and perform songs from Broadway shows throughout
the night. You're never sure when your waiter/waitress will stop serving
and break into some production mumber with some of the others, and you'll
want to spend the night there (but can't...).
Both places are outstanding, unusual, and memorable, both from the
meals and the atmosphere therein. Neither should be missed when you're
in Santa Fe...

Alfred Wasilewski

Sep 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/12/96

In article <517a0d$r...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, kell...@aol.com
(Kelly2729) wrote:

> I will be in Santa Fe in late September for a seminar and would appreciate
> recommendations of really special, interesting, and/or different dining
> experiences in the area.

Here are some thoughts in case you have not heard of them by now:

Coyote Cafe for different Santa Fe style southwestern with heavy
influences from the Native American plate.

The Pink Adobe for classic southwestern with a different flair. Very
Earthy cooking.

Bon appetit!

Al Wasilewski

Vicki Karno

Sep 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/13/96

Santa Fe has many wonderful restaurants. We loved PASQUALES for breakfast
and lunch, COYOTE CAFE was also a favorite. Please do not miss see the
world famous International Folk Art Museum. IT IS A MUST SEE. Also the
Saturday flea market in the parking lot of the Opera house is not to be
believed. Even if you just walk up and down each aisle, it will take you
two hours. Lots of good quality goods. Contemporary designed jewelry
and a rare Samuel Johnson book, were some of our treasured finds.
Vicki in New Orleans

I will be in Santa Fe in late September for a seminar and would appreciate
> > recommendations of really special, interesting, and/or different dining
> > experiences in the area.

LKR

Sep 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/17/96

In article <517a0d$r...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, kell...@aol.com says...

>I will be in Santa Fe in late September for a seminar and would appreciate
>recommendations of really special, interesting, and/or different dining
>experiences in the area.

The Natural Cafe is a superb restaurant, not open for lunch on weekends and
closed Mondays.

Santacafe is also good and in a very pretty building.

The locals all go to a place called La Choza.

For fast food, Berts Burger Bowl has the best green chile burgers. For other
fast food, dont miss Baja Tacos.

Coyote Cafe is vastly overrated.

PSO1234

Sep 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/17/96

kell...@aol.com (Kelly2729) wrote

>I will be in Santa Fe in late September for a seminar >and would
appreciate recommendations of really >special, interesting, and/or
different dining
>experiences in the area.

Although it's been a few years, the best bets are Coyote Cafe and
Santacafe. You can't go wrong!!
PSO...@aol.com

CLBence

Sep 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/18/96

I was there for a week this summer - I highly recommend Cafe Pasquale
for both breakfast and lunch. In a town full of good restaurants, it
was worth a return trip - the potato bisque with smoked poblanos was
wonderufl.

The Santa Fe Cooking School does lunchtime classes most days of the
week, usually from 10-1. The class on Contemporary Southwest Cooking
II ended up being one of the best meals of the week.

Santacafe has a courtyard that's lovely for lunch, their food is
a bit too architectural for my taste, but the lunch menu was nicely
subdued.

I also enjoyed Paul's for dinner one evening - had a southwest
interpretation of softshell crab that was simply done.

Zia's is a good bet for muffins, breads, and coffee/latte/expresso
in the morning

-clbence

Jennifer Brannon

Sep 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/19/96

You may also want to try Celebrations or Geronimo's which are both wonderful.