Sweet Caky Cornbread

Robert & Keri Cathey

Sep 19, 2000, 10:56:47 PM9/19/00
Shaddoe,
While my Oklahoma kin and my South Carolina relations might balk at such
a cornbread, this DOES make a nice sweet "caky" cornbread such as you
decribed. Marie Callendar's restaurants use this same approach to their
sweet cornbread.
regards - keri cathey, Tulsa

E-Z SWEET CORNBREAD

1 pkg. Jiffy corn muffin mix
1 pkg. Jiffy yellow cake mix
1/8 cup butter

Prepare corn muffin mix according to directions on package. In a
separate bowl, prepare cake mix according to directions on package.
Carefully fold the muffin mix into the cake mix until well blended.
Heat a heavy iron skillet in a 425 degree oven. Remove skillet from
oven very carefully to avoid burns, dot bottom of pan with butter and
spread around sides and bottom of pan as it melts. Pour in desired
amount of batter. Large amount makes a softer cornbread. I use only
about half the batter as we like a crispy crust on our cornbread. I
then use the remaining batter for corn muffins, which I then freeze
after they are baked. Serve hot, with butter. Taste is sweeter than
most cornbreads, and a sure hit!

NOTE: Regular baking utensils may be used, but these will not result in
a crisp crust.

--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting. Please read the FAQ posted each week. Recipes/requests