REQUESTS from Sunday, May 28, 2000

1 view

Betty E. Kohler

May 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/28/00
Requests from Sunday:

Salisbury Steak
Dried Falafel Mix
Sardinian Ravioli
Texas Ranch dressing
Picadilly Cafeteria Carrot Souffle
Vegetarian Pasta
Lemon Bars Using Real Butter
Preserving Cherries in Bourbon
Preserving Chestnuts in Vanilla Sugar

~~~~~~~~~

From: "Mike & Sandra" <twoth...@home.com>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 19:50:14 -0700
Subject: Salisbury Steak

I am looking for a recipe for salisbury steak. Any help would be
appreciated. thanks.

~~~~~~~~~

From: "Adrienne $" <scullyyours...@localnet.com>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 21:50:51 -0400
Subject: Dried Falafel Mix

I am looking for a recipe for dried falafel mix.(Like the kind you'd buy
from the bulk section of the grocery store.) I already know how to make
falafel fresh, but I'd like to know the proportions of the ingredients in
the dry mix so that I could take it on camping trips, etc. Thanks!

Remove your shoes and socks to reply

~~~~~~~~~

From: Manfred Krueger <mc...@columbia.edu>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 16:51:11 -0400
Subject: Sardinian Ravioli

I was wondering if anyone had a recipe for a Sardinian Ravioli and the
accompanying tomato sauce. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

~~~~~~~~~

From: "Rommel" <dese...@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 18:53:43 GMT
Subject:Texas Ranch dressing

I order Texas Ranch dressing, a spicy ranch dressing, at Lone Star steak
house and was wondering if anyone Knows the recipe or something similar. I
can make a steak much better and cheaper than they do, so i would like to
cook a meal at home, but i like that ranch dressing.Any help is much
appreciated.

~~~~~~~~~

From: "Tarver7" <Tar...@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 13:32:06 -0700
Subject: Picadilly Cafeteria Carrot Souffle

I am looking for a recipe for carrot souffle like the one served at
Picadilly Cafeteria. Thanks.

~~~~~~~~~

From: "Darren Findlay's News" <findl...@scs.vuw.ac.nz>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 16:21:46 +1200
Subject: Vegetarian Pasta

Does anyone have have good vegetarian pasta recipes
or maybe vegetatrian sauces for pasta.Thanx

~~~~~~~~~

From: jpickard <jpic...@efn.org>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 22:37:01 -0700
Subject: Lemon Bars Using Real Butter

I would love a recipe for lemon bars using real butter.
Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~

From: "Sandra Mort" <do...@onepine.com>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 00:34:53 -0400
Subject: Preserving Cherries in Bourbon

I'm currently tearing my apartment apart to find one of my cookbooks
before cherry season, but I can't find it yet and am losing my marbles!
Unfortunately, I can't remember the name, but it's an old (turn of the
century? '20s? I forget) cookbook on preserving. I am looking for a copy
of a recipe (and this is SO helpful) but don't know the name of it! Sorry!
:) Anyway, it's a recipe for preserved cherries, canned in a hot water
bath, I think, or possibly just using the sugar from the syrup to keep
them from turning, and are flavored with bourbon. These can be used over
ice cream or pound cake, or possibly just eaten out of hand. The recipe
includes instructions on how to drain them and cover with chocolate, if I
remember correctly, although that could have been from another source...
It's been a whole year since I looked at the recipe (just after the cherry
season ended, alas!) and my memory isn't so great. I don't need this
recipe SPECIFICALLY, but one like it would be nice, as I'd like to put up
some cherries in bourbon to use as holiday gifts. I would appreciate it
if it would be mailed to me as well as posting to the group. Thank you so
very much in advance

~~~~~~~~~

From: "Sandra Mort" <do...@onepine.com>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 00:34:53 -0400
Subject: Preserving Chestnuts in Vanilla Sugar

[MOD: This is an extension of the letter above:]

I'm also looking for a recipe for preserving chestnuts (whole or broken)
in vanilla sugar syrup, although it's not anywhere near chestnut season
yet, and I hope to have found the book long before then! I would
appreciate it if it would be mailed to me as well as posting to the group.
Thank you so very much in advance

~~~~~~~~~

Rec.food.recipes is a moderated newsgroup; only recipes and requests for
recipes are accepted for posting. Please allow two to five days for your
submission to appear.

Requests Moderator Betty Kohler coc...@netproxy.com

Recipes/requests rec...@rt66.com
Questions/Comments: tfdp...@acpub.duke.edu.