REQUESTS from Fri Apr 21, 1995

1 view

Patricia D. Hill

Apr 22, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/22/95
Requests from Friday:

Chicken Enchilada Soup
Forgotten Cookies (meringue cookies)
tea-flavored ice creams
butternut squash recipes
Lebanese Kafta
Auntie Annie's Pretzels
aika recipes
gourmet dessert based on pineapple and basil
Finger Jello
Pizza Dough
Chinese Entrees
New York City Style" Bagels
Chex Party Mix
Chile con Carne
Greek Souvlaki
Black Bean Soup
Jerk Pork

~~~~~~~~~

From GABRIEL MEDINA
Subject: recipes for Chicken Enchilada soup
Date: 20 Apr 1995 01:27:40 GMT

Also, I recently ate at Chili's resteraunt and they had a soup called
Chicken Enchilada soup that was AMAZING if anyone has ever heard of
this, let me know.

Thanks
G.R. Medina

~~~~~~~~~

From: llbu...@lesley.b23b.ingr.com (Lesley Burnette)
Subject: REQUEST - Forgotten Cookies

Hi, I'm looking for a recipe I called Forgotten Cookies. They were basically
egg whites and sugar, which are put on wax paper, put in the preheated oven
which is then turned OFF and left overnight. I also added mini chocolate
chips and maybe nuts.

A perfect thing to do with my egg whites when I make my husband a meringue-
free lemon ice box pie!
--
Lesley P. Burnette Intergraph Corporation
Program Manager, Electronics Huntsville, AL 35894

~~~~~~~~~

From: od...@uclink2.berkeley.edu (odile)
Subject: Request: tea ice cream
Date: 21 Apr 1995 05:28:50 GMT

I am looking for recipes for tea ice cream, not only green tea (a common
Japanese dessert) but other teas as well. Any help would be
appreciated. Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~

Date: Fri, 21 Apr 1995 06:54:27 GMT
From: g...@arn.net (Gary E. Daniels)
Subject: Butternut squash

I've never cooked butternut squash before and would appreciate a few
favorite recipes. Thanks.

Gary

~~~~~~~~~

From: aa...@freenet.carleton.ca (Normand Fisher)
Subject: rqst: kafta (Lebanese)
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 1995 11:39:17 GMT

I would love to be able to prepare this at home. I know that it is
basically hamburger with spices!!! What spices?

Normand Fisher aa...@freenet.carleton.ca
Gatineau, Quebec

~~~~~~~~~

Date: Fri, 21 Apr 1995 08:11:01 -0400
From: ape...@pop.uky.edu (Andrea Peach)
Subject: Auntie Annie's Pretzels

Does anyone have a recipe for the Auntie Annie's pretzels that are sold in
shopping malls primarily in the south and eastern US? Thanks.
Andrea Peach
Information Services
Research and Graduate Studies
414 Kinkead Hall
University of Kentucky Phone: (606) 257-9423
Lexington, KY 40506-0057 Internet: ape...@pop.uky.edu

~~~~~~~~~

From: "Mary S. Lamb" <m...@galen.med.virginia.edu>
Subject: Aika (sp?) Jamaican Fruit
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 1995 12:47:31 GMT

A friend of mine just got back from Jamaica. She was telling
me about this fruit called Aika. I'm not sure of the correct
spelling. She said the cook at the house fixed it like
scrambled eggs with bacon, green peppers, and onions. She said
that this dish was delicious and wished she had some recipes
for it. Any help would be appreciated.
--
Susan

~~~~~~~~~

Date: Fri, 21 Apr 1995 16:17:08 +0100 (BST)
From: steve hill <slh...@hermes.cam.ac.uk>
Subject: desserts

Hello everyone!

I'm looking for a gourmet dessert based on pineapple and basil. My
preferences are for something hot, possibly wet, possibly tart. It's to serve
ten. Has anyone got any ideas for presentation and method for this type
of dessert? I'd like something that would look very elegant, as well as
tasting good.

Thanks

Steve Hill

~~~~~~~~~

From: (Kathi Denial)
Subject: Request: Finger Jello
Date: 21 Apr 1995 04:02:36 GMT

Does anyone have the recipe for finger jello? Jello Jigglers is not the
same, it melts!

Kathi Denial

~~~~~~~~~

From: jorgen...@mailbox.swipnet.se (Jorgen Asklin)
Subject: Pizza dough???
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 1995 22:35:14 +0730

Ciao
I'm looking for a pizza dough recipe.

greetings from Sweden
pizzalover
Jorgen

~~~~~~~~~

From: cme...@vax2.concordia.ca (clau)
Subject: Chinese Entrees!!!
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 1995 11:43:32 -0400

Would anybody out there have a scrumptious Chinese entrees? I
would love recipes with lots of veggies, chicken and sometimes beef.
I'm looking for some new ideas.

Thanks a lot!
Please respond with a copy to to cme...@vax2.concordia.ca

~~~~~~~~~

From: wen...@top.cis.syr.edu (Elaine Wenderholm)
Subject: REQUEST: Bagel Recipe
Date: 21 Apr 1995 16:17:12 GMT

I'd like to make "New York City Style" Bagels: very _very_ dense, and
chewy. I've tried the recipe in Joy of Cooking -- too much like soft
pretzels, Better Homes and Gardens Bread Book -- too salty and not
dense enough, Laurel's Kitchen -- same as Better Homes and Gardens
recipe.

thanks!
Elaine
wen...@top.cis.syr.edu
ps-please also email to me -- I don't get much occasion to read news
groups!

~~~~~~~~~

Date: Fri, 21 Apr 1995 14:55:27 -0400 (EDT)
From: Juli DeFore <def...@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu>
Subject: party mix
To: rec...@Rt66.com

I am looking for an old recipe for party mix. I know it has
worstershire, soy, garlic salt, and other ingredients you mix together
in a huge bowl, soak cereals, nuts and pretzels in the liquid and bake.
If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. Thanx

~~~~~~~~~

From: mark_r...@fastnet.co.uk (Mark Roberts)
Subject: help with chilli
Date: 21 Apr 1995 20:52:05 GMT

Help Help

I have just been chatting to a couple of mate's of mine in the pub
and we have run out of idea's/recipes for chilli..............
could anyone.........possibly outside the uk give me recipes on good
chilli, not too hot :)

Thanks
Mark

~~~~~~~~~

Date: Fri, 21 Apr 1995 14:09:36 -0700 (PDT)
From: Cheryl Gurine Pfeifer <pfe...@unixg.ubc.ca>
Subject: souvlaki

I would like to request a recipe for greek souvlaki (specifically one
that uses fresh herbs and spices). Thank you.

Cheryl Pfeifer (pfe...@unixg.ubc.ca)

~~~~~~~~~

Date: Fri, 21 Apr 1995 17:40:49 -0500 (CDT)
From: "Francisco \"Chulito\" Delgado Jr." <fra...@merlin.etsu.edu>
Subject: REQUESTS......Black Bean Soup

The other day, I was at my friends house and we talked about Spanish Dishes.
My favorite soup is Black Bean, but I don't know how to make this soup.
I would like a recipe for Black Bean soup. Thanx.

Franky

~~~~~~~~~

From: dab...@apollo3.com (dabram
Subject: Jerk Recipes
Date: 21 Apr 1995 18:59:38 -0400

Hi everyone! I am looking for a recipe for Jerk pork and I hope someone
may have it and post it. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank You

Don Abramo
From The Pen Autographs & Collectibles
dab...@apollo3.com

~~~~~~~~~

Rec.food.recipes is a moderated newsgroup; only recipes are accepted for
posting. Please read the "Posting Guidelines" file first. Articles go to
rec...@rt66.com; administrative questions to tfdp...@acpub.duke.edu.
Please allow two to five days for your submission to appear.

David Dirubbo

Apr 24, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/24/95

Here is my recipe for Kafta

1 lb finely ground lamb (or beef)
1 large onion grated(use food processor)
1 tsp salt
1 cup finely chopped fresh parsley (use food processor)
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp ground allspice

Mix all ingredients well and chill for 1 hour, using skewers shape
mixture into
cylinders directly on skewer. Either broil or cook on grill until done

--
rec.food.recipes is a moderated newsgroup; only recipes are accepted for