REQUESTS from Thursday, December 18, 2003

1 view

Patricia D. Hill

Dec 22, 2003, 7:36:16 PM12/22/03
Bennigan's eggrolls and quesadillas
Mexican Straw Hats
Mushroom Casserole
Meals for Freezing
Starbucks. pumpkin scones

~~~~~~~~~

From: Kith <a...@b.com>
Subject: Bennigan's eggrolls and quesadillas

REQ: Ingrediants for the eggrolls and quesadilla's on a "Bennigan's
Southwest
Sampler"

~~~~~~~~~

From: Dick <rhug...@cableone.net>
Subject: Mexican Straw Hats
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 06:43:00 -0700

Back in the 60's, at a progressive dinner in Claremont California, we
experienced a buffet-style dish called Straw Hats. I have also seen
it referred to as Mexican Straw Hats. It is made with a base of
Fritos, and a topping of grated cheese, taco meat, olives, tomatoes,
lettuce, salsa, etc. It's a great, quick meal that everyone loves.

I am looking for the original recipe. I believe that the original had
beans in addition to the taco meat. Our children swear that it never
had beans. Anyone have the history of this great dish?

Dick Hughes

~~~~~~~~~

From: "Marian Allen" <Nan...@sc.rr.com>
Subject: Mushroom Casserole
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 11:27:18 -0500

Can anyone help me with a mushroom casserole to serve as a side dish =
with roast beef? Thanks in advance. Marian Allen

~~~~~~~~~

From: maryand...@aol.com (MaryAnderson60)
Date: 18 Dec 2003 18:39:53 GMT
Subject: Meals for Freezing

Hi. I need some recipes for freezing meals.

My parents are elderly and unwell. I live a few hundred miles away. They
eat
well when I am right there and cooking meals fresh for them, but otherwise
they
tend not to eat much of the time and both have become quite thin.

I am thinking of preparing a bunch of meals in advance and freezing them
for my
parents. I don't know that they will eat homemade frozen any better than
they
eat commerically prepared frozen dinners but figure it's worth a try. Is
it
better to assemble a casserole without cooking it and freeze it, or is it
better to finish preparing a dish so it just needs to be reheated?

I would appreciate anyone sharing recipes that freeze well. Any hints
about
preparing complete frozen meals, as opposed to just entrees, would also be
most
welcome.

Meals on Wheels would be ideal for my parents but they won't consider it.
even looked at "personal chefs" to cook for them every week but price is
prohibitive.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Mary
~~~~~~~~~

From: "joy fortune" <fortu...@uniserve.com>
Subject: pumpkin scones
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 19:11:56 -0800

Hi
I am looking for a pumpkin scone recipe like the scones you can get at
Starbucks. I believe that is has a lemon icing on top.
Thanks a lot.

~~~~~~~~~

Rec.food.recipes is a moderated newsgroup; only recipes and requests for
recipes are accepted for posting. Please allow two to five days for your
submission to appear.

Requests Moderator Betty E. Kohler
Lead Moderator Patricia Hill
Recipes, requests, questions and comments: rec...@swcp.com