REQUESTS from Thursday, May 14, 1998

May 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/15/98

Colorado Green Chili
Coconut Fried Shrimp
Croissants
Using Rhubarb

~~~~~~~

From: ste...@ripco.com (Steve Zielinski)
Date: 14 May 1998 12:49:53 GMT
Subject: Native American Recipes

I'm trying to locate Native American recipes. I searched my database and
found only one. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer.

~~~~~~~

From: "David Fritts" <dfr...@ncinter.net>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 08:13:59 -0400
Subject: Bleu Cheese Butter

Does anyone have a recipe for Blue-Cheese Butter, it is used on top of
steaks. Thanks

~~~~~~~

From: jb <jb...@ma.ultranet.com>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 08:07:03 -0400
Subject: Au Bon Pain's Tarragon Chicken Salad

The recent post of a recipe for Tarragon Turkey Salad reminds me: Au
Bon Pain has stopped selling its Tarragon Chicken Salad, which I can
sometimes work up a craving for. I have tried to duplicate it and have
been fairly successful but am wondering if anyone has THE recipe. I
suppose as the REAL version slips further and further into the dim
recesses of my memory, I will get less picky about it. Thanks
[MOD: You could TRY asking them for the recipe. Tell them that you
can't live without it! Then, of course, share it with us!]

~~~~~~~

From: "Ed Maurus" <ema...@wwnet.com>
Date: 14 May 1998 22:37:49 GMT
Subject: Baked Lemon Pepper Cod

Looking for recipe for a baked Lemon Pepper Cod. Thanks.

~~~~~~~

From: Neal Seidl <Sei...@execpc.com>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 18:11:52 -0500
Subject: Good Honey-Mustard Sauce

I would appreciate a source (or recipe) for some good honey mustard
sauce. I am thinking of something like you get at Chili's or TGI
Friday's. Everything I have bought or made from recipes so far tastes
wrong.
If anyone knows the taste I am talking about and knows of some that
tastes comparable I would really appreciate help! Thanks

~~~~~~~

From: "John" <jp...@onramp.net>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 17:59:27 -0500
Subject: Flour Tortilla Roll-ups

My mom is looking for a recipe that she lost. She knew it under the name
"Mona's Little Hot Things" since this probably means nothing to most people,
I'll attempt to describe it: A combination of cream cheese, shredded
cheddar, green chilies and more unknown things, spread on a flour tortilla,
rolled up and sliced into pinwheels for an appetizer.
Please help, she would like to make this for a party next week.
Thanks in advance

~~~~~~~

From: co...@ns.sympatico.ca
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 22:48:33 GMT
Subject: Ginger/Raisin Cookies

Looking for ginger/raisin cookie recipe. Local bakery has these
goodies (but unwilling to give out their recipe). Chewy and
great tasting. Can someone help by posting? Thanks.

~~~~~~~

From: jto...@mednet.ucla.edu (Jonathan Torres)
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 18:54:15 GMT
Subject: Enchiladas

Could someone post some recipes on making enchiladas
with monterey jack/white cheeses instead of the yellow/cheddar cheese
variety. I am more interested in the sauce, but cheese variety is
also wanted.
I am on a crusade to find the best cheese enchiladas around.
I've gotten a little tired of the popular cheddar cheese and chili con
carne sauce combinations.
In San Antonio, Texas there is a Mexican resturant that makes
Enchiladas Tejanas which is a white cheese/monterey jack filling
topped with a brownish/salty sauce. These are delicious. So far,
those are the best enchiladas I've found. Thanks.

~~~~~~~

From: catfa...@aol.com (CatFaerie5)
Date: 14 May 1998 17:45:24 GMT
Subject: Pillsbury Date Bread Mix

My mom used to make wonderful cookies called Date Bake Crunchies from a long
ago Pillsbury bake-off. The recipe called for a box of Pillsbury Date Bread
Mix, which I can no longer find. Does anyone know where I can get Date Bread
Mix, or how I can make my own? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Please e-mail me and post here for the group. Thank you kindly!

~~~~~~~

From: Aris Stathakis <ar...@sco.COM>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 17:12:52 +0100
Subject: Sugar Free Ice Cream

Anyone got a recipe for Sugar-Free ice cream?
Thanks

~~~~~~~

From: "Maria Kozachenko" <ko...@integrityonline7.com>
Date: 14 May 98 16:39:37 GMT
Subject: Low-Fat Cuisine

I am looking for some low-fat, low-calorie recipes. If anybody has any
please send them to me and post them on the newsgroup. Thanks.

~~~~~~~

From: fift...@aol.com (FIFTHMASS)
Date: 14 May 1998 13:56:48 GMT
Subject: New England Cuisine

I'm looking for some traditional New England style recipes, Rhode Island in
particular. Anything anyone might have would be a big help.

~~~~~~~

From: Martin <mar...@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 17:09:43 -0500
Subject: Quiche

I need a recipe for quiche... I just got a new quiche dish and need to
try something FAIRLY easy for a beginner. Thanks.

~~~~~~~

From: cyn...@aol.com (Cyndee D)
Date: 14 May 1998 13:10:11 GMT
Subject: More Quiche

I'm collecting recipes for various kinds of quiches--would welcome any unusual
variations other than the standard Quiche Lorraine! Anything with veggies or
various cheeses or unusual ingredients would be appreciated! Thanks, gang!

~~~~~~~

From: cyn...@aol.com (Cyndee D)
Date: 14 May 1998 13:05:31 GMT
Subject: Boston Market Ketchup

Whenever I order a Meatloaf Carver Sandwich at Boston Market it is served
with some sort of sweet, tangy ketchup that is sort of a combination of honey,
ketchup or barbecue sauce. Anyone have a reasonable imitation? Or better
yet,
the secret recipe? Thanks to all

~~~~~~~

From: rr...@lanminds.com
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 23:44:54 -0700
Subject: Palt (Swedish Potato Dumpling)

Recently got back from a trip to northern Sweden, where I fell in love with
one of the traditional dishes. Palt is a potato dumpling, served in a
variety of ways. I got a pretty general idea of the recipe (potato, flour,
and salt, mixed together and then boiled), but would appreciate a more
detailed one if someone out there has one. Thanks!

~~~~~~~

From: "Julie K. Barton" <marc...@mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 22:01:37 -0500
Subject: Portable Vegetables

As a full-time student (and dieter!) I would appreciate portable recipes for
vegetables that do not include much added flour or sugar. I get sick of
carrot and celery sticks, and wonder if there are any sort of patties or
bars, wraps, etc. that can be made where I can still get my fresh vegetables
on the go. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

~~~~~~~

From: PLR...@prodigy.com (Kyle Stewart)
Date: 15 May 1998 02:36:56 GMT
Subject: Banana Cream Pie

Does anyone have a recipe for banana cream pie? Desperately seeking.

~~~~~~~

From: Marc Tressel <mar...@monmouth.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 12:09:01 -0500
Subject: Spanish Rice

I am looking for a recipe to make plain white spanish rice, like they
make in restaurants. If any one has the recipe I would appreciate it if
they could e-mail and post here. Thank you

~~~~~~~

From: AK BigMama <AKBi...@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 00:25:46 EDT
Subject: Barbecue Weiners

My mom loved to cook and experiment with new recipes. She used to make some
dishes that I loved, but after she died a few years ago, the recipes were
lost. I would appreciate any assistance in finding this one again.
Barbecue Weiners -- this recipe specifically instructed that the weiners
be sliced partway through (diagonally, I think) and contained finely chopped
onion.
Maybe it's just fond memories of mom, but I remember that these dishes were
scrumptious, and I'd love to be able to recreate them. Thank you.

~~~~~~~

From: "Pat Carlin" <ch...@rogers.wave.ca>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 11:13:31 -0700
Subject: Fudgsicles

My mom used to make fudgsicles (chocolate ice cream bars)
using a recipe that called for Chocolate flavoured Jello
Instant Pudding. Would anyone have this recipe?

~~~~~~~

From: l...@execpc.com (Lon Ponschock)
Date: 13 May 1998 18:55:51 -0500
Subject: Best Hot Italian Sandwich - Garibaldi

In the past I was able to get what was called a Garibaldi Sandwich.
It is served hot and has sweet peppers and various sliced meat
and cheeses.
I need to know the best home oven technique -- including
the Oil and Vinegar dressing for making this restaurant
favorite of mine. :-)
please cc: l...@execpc.com thanks

~~~~~~~

From: allym...@aol.com (Allymcbea1)
Date: 14 May 1998 03:01:12 GMT
Subject: Mexican Spaghetti

Once a friend of mine made mexican spaghetti and it
was delicious! i figure it's just spaghetti with
hot peppers, but does anyone have a recipe?

~~~~~~~

From: "Joe Greer" <Xjg...@iquest.netX>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 21:40:22 -0500
Subject: Chili Pecans

I am looking for recipes for chili pecans. A friend of mine got some from
New Mexico and I would like to try making them myself.

~~~~~~~

From: James Price <jpri...@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 21:39:04 -0500
Subject: Colorado Green Chili

I used to live in Southern Colorado, and we used to make a wonderful
stew with pork, tomatos, green chilis, etc. Does anyone have an
authentic recipe for this delicious dish? Please email me as well
as post for the others. Thank You!

~~~~~~~

From: Don Dunagan <donn...@sprintmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 22:22:00 -0400
Subject: Coconut Fried Shrimp

Does anyone have a good Coconut Fried Shrimp recipe. I recently visited
Key West and had this recipe there. They were wonderful. Thanks in
advance.

~~~~~~~

From: "Dennis De St Jeor" <out...@comcen.com.au>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 11:56:54 +1000
Subject: Croissants

Anyone have a good simple croissant recipe.
Thanks

~~~~~~~

From: "M. Jayne Britton" <sacov...@landmarknet.net>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 20:50:25 -0700
Subject: Using Rhubarb

Need recipes using rhubarb. Have anything including something
new and different?

~~~~~~~

Rec.food.recipes is a moderated newsgroup; only recipes and requests for
recipes are accepted for posting. Please only one request per person per
day.

Recipes/Articles: rec...@rt66.com
Requests: coc...@mbay.net
Questions/Comments: tfdp...@acpub.duke.edu.

rec.food.recipes Archives are available at:
http://www.neosoft.com/recipes/

Read the "FAQ" (Frequently Asked Questions) which is posted to the
newsgroup every Monday.

Read "Posting Guidelines" article which is available on line:
http://www.duke.edu/~tfdpress/rfrpost.html.