Grupos de Google ya no admite nuevas publicaciones ni suscripciones de Usenet. El contenido anterior sigue siendo visible.

ALL my meals are heart smart!

Visto 149 veces
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

John Kuthe

no leída,
28 ago 2020, 23:10:0028/8/20
For I am a Vegetarian! :-)

John Kuthe...

Ed Pawlowski

no leída,
28 ago 2020, 23:52:4128/8/20
On 8/28/2020 11:09 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
> For I am a Vegetarian! :-)
>
> John Kuthe...

Unless you douse them with salt or sugar or saute them in trans fats.

Sqwertz

no leída,
29 ago 2020, 0:56:0929/8/20
On Fri, 28 Aug 2020 20:09:55 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe wrote:

> For I am a Vegetarian! :-)
>
> John Kuthe...

And you accuse John of being narcissist?!?!

"Narcissistic personality disorder — one of several types of
personality disorders — is a mental condition in which people have
an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive
attention and admiration, troubled relationships, and a lack of
empathy for others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence lies
a fragile self-esteem that's vulnerable to the slightest criticism."

-sw

Bruce

no leída,
29 ago 2020, 1:27:1329/8/20
On Fri, 28 Aug 2020 23:56:05 -0500, Sqwertz <sqwe...@gmail.invalid>
wrote:

>On Fri, 28 Aug 2020 20:09:55 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe wrote:
>
>> For I am a Vegetarian! :-)
>>
>> John Kuthe...
>
>And you accuse John of being narcissist?!?!
>
>"Narcissistic personality disorder ?X one of several types of
>personality disorders ?X is a mental condition in which people have
>an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive
>attention and admiration, troubled relationships, and a lack of
>empathy for others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence lies
>a fragile self-esteem that's vulnerable to the slightest criticism."

Re-read that last sentence a few times, Sqwertz :)

Jeßus

no leída,
29 ago 2020, 3:06:2829/8/20
<johnk...@gmail.com> wrote:

>For I am a Vegetarian! :-)

Makes no sense, but OK.

Julie Bove

no leída,
29 ago 2020, 6:05:5829/8/20

"John Kuthe" <johnk...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> For I am a Vegetarian! :-)
>
> John Kuthe...

Last time I was in the hospital, they put me on the "Heart Smart" diet
despite my Dr. telling them not to. I don't have heart problems and I had
low sodium. They wouldn't allow me to have any cheese.

I ordered the same meals every day. Oatmeal or cornflakes for breakfast.
Black beans, rice and pico de gallo for lunch and dinner. The salad was not
as advertised so I didn't get it beyond the one time. It wasn't very fresh
and wasn't a mix that I liked.

Taxed and Spent

no leída,
29 ago 2020, 7:04:0329/8/20
On 8/28/2020 8:09 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
> For I am a Vegetarian! :-)
>
> John Kuthe...

But what you really need is brain food.

Taxed and Spent

no leída,
29 ago 2020, 7:04:2929/8/20
BINGO!

Gary

no leída,
29 ago 2020, 7:13:3229/8/20
John Kuthe wrote:

> For I am a Vegetarian! :-)
>
> John Kuthe...

Next day on the news: Local man gets run over by a bus.

graham

no leída,
29 ago 2020, 9:26:5329/8/20
Perhaps a nice fish fillet:-)

Dave Smith

no leída,
29 ago 2020, 10:27:4929/8/20
You can throw in the Dunning-Kruger effect. He is a good example of
someone who has a high assessment of himself but is unable to understand
how incompetent he really is.

Sqwertz

no leída,
29 ago 2020, 11:01:3629/8/20
Heh. I feed both of you and you claw all over each other eating
each other's shit.

I certainly don't take any criticism here with any importance,
especially since it all comes from people like you two - I just
laugh and yawn it off.

You two overestimate you own importance and then claim some sort of
personal victory in posts like this? Heh!

So transparent. Keep up the irony - love it!

-sw

John Kuthe

no leída,
29 ago 2020, 11:56:0529/8/20
I use almost no sugar or trans fats, but salt is NOT a poison but a necessary nutritive component! And Gandhi led a Salt March to the Indian city of Dandi to evidence that the British should NOT place a tax on a naturally occurring substance! Gandhi made salt by the ocean and was promptly ARRESTED for not paying the UNFAIR British taxes on it!

Look it up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj8Gf1rkJK8

John Kuthe...

jmcquown

no leída,
29 ago 2020, 12:23:0829/8/20
On 8/29/2020 11:56 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Friday, August 28, 2020 at 10:52:41 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> On 8/28/2020 11:09 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
>>> For I am a Vegetarian! :-)
>>>
>>> John Kuthe...
>>>

>> Unless you douse them with salt or sugar or saute them in trans fats.
>
> I use almost no sugar or trans fats, but salt is NOT a poison but a necessary nutritive component! And Gandhi led a Salt March to the Indian city of Dandi to evidence
(snipped a bunch of blather)

> John Kuthe...
>Oh goody! Gandhi! <yawn> Listen, Mr. RN... some people aren't supposed
use salt due to medical conditions. No one here said salt is "poison"
but it can be detrimental to ones health if hey! They have heart problems.

I'm not going to watch some silly youtube video about Gandhi. How about
you go listen to your old LPs instead and give us a break? You are not
an expert about anything.

I'm watching butterflies flitting around outside which are infinitly
more interesting. :)

I'll be having a nice vegetarian meal tonight, too. It will not be a
"VTSD" because I happen to enjoy variety in the food I eat.

Jill

Jill

jmcquown

no leída,
29 ago 2020, 12:27:1729/8/20
Absolutely! He could become a pescatarian. Might even be able to make
a puddle in his back yard and introduce some guppies and say he's a fish
farmer. (sorry, I couldn't help myself!)

Jill

Hank Rogers

no leída,
29 ago 2020, 12:59:5329/8/20
John Kuthe wrote:
> On Friday, August 28, 2020 at 10:52:41 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> On 8/28/2020 11:09 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
>>> For I am a Vegetarian! :-)
>>>
>>> John Kuthe...
>>>

>> Unless you douse them with salt or sugar or saute them in trans fats.
>
> I use almost no sugar or trans fats, but salt is NOT a poison but a necessary nutritive component! And Gandhi led a Salt March to the Indian city of Dandi to evidence that the British should NOT place a tax on a naturally occurring substance! Gandhi made salt by the ocean and was promptly ARRESTED for not paying the UNFAIR British taxes on it!
>

> John Kuthe...

And he burned ZERO GASOLINE !!!!

Cindy Hamilton

no leída,
29 ago 2020, 13:23:3229/8/20
He could turn Kuthe Creek into a trout stream. Could be problematic if
it doesn't rain for a while, though.

Cindy Hamilton

Pamela

no leída,
29 ago 2020, 13:27:4229/8/20
The way Squirt quoted that shows he clearly doesn't believe it applies to
him. Amazing!

Bruce

no leída,
29 ago 2020, 15:27:4029/8/20
On Sat, 29 Aug 2020 10:01:25 -0500, Sqwertz <sqwe...@gmail.invalid>
Thanks for proving us right :)

Bruce

no leída,
29 ago 2020, 15:28:3329/8/20
On Sat, 29 Aug 2020 18:27:24 +0100, Pamela <pamela...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Funny how that works.

Jeßus

no leída,
29 ago 2020, 15:50:4329/8/20
On Sat, 29 Aug 2020 03:05:48 -0700, "Julie Bove"
<juli...@frontier.com> wrote:

>"John Kuthe" <johnk...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> For I am a Vegetarian! :-)
>>
>> John Kuthe...
>
>Last time I was in the hospital, they put me on the "Heart Smart" diet
>despite my Dr. telling them not to. I don't have heart problems and I had
>low sodium. They wouldn't allow me to have any cheese.

When was that 'last time'? It's been years since the saturated
fat/cholesterol = bad thing was discredited.

Bruce

no leída,
29 ago 2020, 15:59:3029/8/20
It has only been discredited in the brain of kooks.

Hank Rogers

no leída,
29 ago 2020, 16:40:2329/8/20
He does hike his legs and let you savor the aroma. Most of your
countrymen would knock your teeth out for sniffing their asses.

Hank Rogers

no leída,
29 ago 2020, 16:41:5129/8/20
<*SNIFF*>

cshenk

no leída,
29 ago 2020, 17:30:1329/8/20
LOL, today I turned meatarian... Bacon, fishballs, lamb.

Taxed and Spent

no leída,
29 ago 2020, 19:56:2229/8/20
BINGO!

cshenk

no leída,
29 ago 2020, 20:50:3529/8/20
It's not entirely discredited. Moderation rules on it now.

jmcquown

no leída,
29 ago 2020, 20:58:0929/8/20
On 8/29/2020 6:05 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "John Kuthe" <johnk...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> For I am a Vegetarian! :-)
>>
>> John Kuthe...
>
> Last time I was in the hospital, they put me on the "Heart Smart" diet
> despite my Dr. telling them not to. I don't have heart problems and I
> had low sodium. They wouldn't allow me to have any cheese.

Oh goody! It's the clash of the "heart smart" diets.

Okay, if your doctor told them not to why did you not complain loudly to
anyone who would listen? How about the get the doctor back in the room
and have him/her tell them to change the order?

Honest to god, I don't understand why people turn into such wimps in the
presence of medical personnel. I'd be pressing the call button and
asking why haven't I been fed?

> I ordered the same meals every day. Oatmeal or cornflakes for breakfast.
> Black beans, rice and pico de gallo for lunch and dinner. The salad was
> not as advertised so I didn't get it beyond the one time. It wasn't very
> fresh and wasn't a mix that I liked.

Not surprise you ordered the same thing every day. Repetition seems to
be the one thing you and Kuthe have in common. The salad was not as "as
advertised?" Did you forget you were in a hospital? (That's a
rhetorical question.)

Jill

John Kuthe

no leída,
29 ago 2020, 21:01:3829/8/20
On Friday, August 28, 2020 at 11:56:09 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Aug 2020 20:09:55 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe wrote:
>
> > For I am a Vegetarian! :-)
> >
> > John Kuthe...
>
> And you accuse John of being narcissist?!?!
>
> "Narcissistic personality disorder — one of several types of
> personality disorders — is a mental condition in which people have
> an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive
> attention and admiration, troubled relationships, and a lack of
> empathy for others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence lies
> a fragile self-esteem that's vulnerable to the slightest criticism."
>
> -sw

WHO accuses John of being a narcissist? I have Bipolar Disorder, not Narcissistic Personality Disorder. They ARE different, you know! I do! I am a nurse, I have to know.

John Kuthe...

jmcquown

no leída,
29 ago 2020, 21:19:1129/8/20
Diagnosis is not your strong point.

Jill

Hank Rogers

no leída,
29 ago 2020, 21:27:2729/8/20
John Kuthe wrote:
> On Friday, August 28, 2020 at 11:56:09 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Fri, 28 Aug 2020 20:09:55 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe wrote:
>>
>>> For I am a Vegetarian! :-)
>>>
>>> John Kuthe...
>>
>> And you accuse John of being narcissist?!?!
>>
>> "Narcissistic personality disorder — one of several types of
>> personality disorders — is a mental condition in which people have
>> an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive
>> attention and admiration, troubled relationships, and a lack of
>> empathy for others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence lies
>> a fragile self-esteem that's vulnerable to the slightest criticism."
>>
>> -sw
>
> WHO accuses John of being a narcissist? I have Bipolar Disorder, not Narcissistic Personality Disorder. They ARE different, you know! I do! I am a nurse, I have to know.
>
> John Kuthe...

Yes, and not just any old nurse, but a 100% cannabis nurse, who
burns zero gasoline!

GM

no leída,
29 ago 2020, 21:40:4029/8/20
Yes, and don't forget, an UNEMPLOYED CANNABIS NURSE...!!!

Best
Greg

Hank Rogers

no leída,
29 ago 2020, 22:08:5029/8/20
GM wrote:
> On Saturday, August 29, 2020 at 8:27:27 PM UTC-5, Hank Rogers wrote:
>> John Kuthe wrote:

>>> WHO accuses John of being a narcissist? I have Bipolar Disorder, not Narcissistic Personality Disorder. They ARE different, you know! I do! I am a nurse, I have to know.
>>>
>>> John Kuthe...
>>>
>> Yes, and not just any old nurse, but a 100% cannabis nurse, who
>> burns zero gasoline!
>
> Yes, and don't forget, an UNEMPLOYED CANNABIS NURSE...!!!
>
> Best
> Greg

That's a shame. I thought things were going well.
What happened to that part time gig he had?

Alex

no leída,
29 ago 2020, 22:42:5729/8/20
Sqwertz wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Aug 2020 20:09:55 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe wrote:
>
>> For I am a Vegetarian! :-)
>>
>> John Kuthe...
> And you accuse John of being narcissist?!?!
>
> "Narcissistic personality disorder — one of several types of
> personality disorders — is a mental condition in which people have
> an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive
> attention and admiration, troubled relationships, and a lack of
> empathy for others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence lies
> a fragile self-esteem that's vulnerable to the slightest criticism."
>
> -sw

True.

Dave Smith

no leída,
29 ago 2020, 23:08:3329/8/20
He keeps saying that he is a nurse, but it seems that he was sanctioned
for leaving his ward unattended, and he finally got a nursing job again
recently and lasted only a few days.

bruce bowser

no leída,
29 ago 2020, 23:43:4229/8/20
On Saturday, August 29, 2020 at 12:23:08 PM UTC-4, j_mc...@comcast.net wrote:
> On 8/29/2020 11:56 AM, John Kuthe wrote:

> >> Unless you douse them with salt or sugar or saute them in trans fats.
> >
> > I use almost no sugar or trans fats, but salt is NOT a poison but a necessary nutritive component! And Gandhi led a Salt March to the Indian city of Dandi to evidence
> (snipped a bunch of blather)
> >
> > John Kuthe...
> >Oh goody! Gandhi! <yawn> Listen, Mr. RN... some people aren't supposed
> use salt due to medical conditions. No one here said salt is "poison"
> but it can be detrimental to ones health if hey! They have heart problems.
>
> I'm not going to watch some silly youtube video about Gandhi.

1920s colonial politics about the Indian subcontinent?

>How about
> you go listen to your old LPs instead and give us a break?

No, that would be too easy. Life is never that easy.

>You are not
> an expert about anything.

But the point is to at least try to be.

> I'm watching butterflies flitting around outside which are infinitly
> more interesting. :)
>
> I'll be having a nice vegetarian meal tonight, too.

That makes at least two fewer heart attack cases, great!

> It will not be a
> "VTSD" because I happen to enjoy variety in the food I eat.

In the mean time, I'll go back to my junk food.

Sqwertz

no leída,
30 ago 2020, 2:38:4430/8/20
On Sat, 29 Aug 2020 18:01:34 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe wrote:

> On Friday, August 28, 2020 at 11:56:09 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Fri, 28 Aug 2020 20:09:55 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe wrote:
>>
>>> For I am a Vegetarian! :-)
>>>
>>> John Kuthe...
>>
>> And you accuse John of being narcissist?!?!
>>
>> "Narcissistic personality disorder — one of several types of
>> personality disorders — is a mental condition in which people have
>> an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive
>> attention and admiration, troubled relationships, and a lack of
>> empathy for others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence lies
>> a fragile self-esteem that's vulnerable to the slightest criticism."
>
> WHO accuses John of being a narcissist?

I mean t Bryan. Freudian slip since YOU are the flaming narcissist
here.

> I have Bipolar Disorder, not Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

You are THE Poster Child for Narcissism, John.

-sw

Sqwertz

no leída,
30 ago 2020, 2:40:4930/8/20
On Sat, 29 Aug 2020 23:08:29 -0400, Dave Smith wrote:

> He keeps saying that he is a nurse, but it seems that he was sanctioned
> for leaving his ward unattended, and he finally got a nursing job again
> recently and lasted only a few days.

He didn't get *a* new job. He got THREE new jobs and lost them all.
I think he spent about 8 days between all three jobs and 3 of those
days were training and orientation.

-sw

Gary

no leída,
30 ago 2020, 5:27:1130/8/20
jmcquown wrote:

> On 8/29/2020 6:05 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
> >
> > "John Kuthe" <johnk...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >> For I am a Vegetarian! :-)
> >>
> >> John Kuthe...
> >
> > Last time I was in the hospital, they put me on the "Heart Smart" diet
> > despite my Dr. telling them not to. I don't have heart problems and I
> > had low sodium. They wouldn't allow me to have any cheese.
> >
> Oh goody! It's the clash of the "heart smart" diets.
>
> Okay, if your doctor told them not to why did you not complain loudly to
> anyone who would listen? How about the get the doctor back in the room
> and have him/her tell them to change the order?
>
> Honest to god, I don't understand why people turn into such wimps in the
> presence of medical personnel. I'd be pressing the call button and
> asking why haven't I been fed?

<sigh> I agree with you, Jill. If the hospital skipped my meals,
I would also press the call button and demand food.

However, Julie didn't say that. It was cshenk when she was in
the Navy hospital for a c-section. Different thread

cshenk wrote:
I remember when I was in the hospital after Charlotte was born by
C-section. They forgot to feed me. No tests involved, just got
missed
4 times. Twice on the first day then breakfast next day and lunch
the
one after that. Military (taxpayers) got billed for all 4 and
was
released day 5 and they billed tax payers for lunch and dinner
(which I
didn't get).

Gary

no leída,
30 ago 2020, 6:53:1730/8/20
And just *why* do some here celebrate that?

Cindy Hamilton

no leída,
30 ago 2020, 7:03:5230/8/20
There must be a great shortage of nurses in Da Loo.

Cindy Hamilton

Bruce

no leída,
30 ago 2020, 7:17:4830/8/20
Alex, Jill, Joan, Cindy, Dave, Sqwertz. The RFC vultures. Apologies if
I forgot someone.

Janet

no leída,
30 ago 2020, 8:20:2530/8/20
In article <78afad04-058b-4966...@googlegroups.com>,
johnk...@gmail.com says...

> On Friday, August 28, 2020 at 11:56:09 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
> > On Fri, 28 Aug 2020 20:09:55 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe wrote:
> >
> > > For I am a Vegetarian! :-)
> > >
> > > John Kuthe...
> >
> > And you accuse John of being narcissist?!?!
> >
> > "Narcissistic personality disorder ? one of several types of
> > personality disorders ? is a mental condition in which people have
> > an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive
> > attention and admiration, troubled relationships, and a lack of
> > empathy for others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence lies
> > a fragile self-esteem that's vulnerable to the slightest criticism."
> >
> > -sw
>
> WHO accuses John of being a narcissist? I have Bipolar Disorder, not
Narcissistic Personality Disorder. They ARE different, you know!

Indeed they are; but they are not mutually exclusive. You display
every above symptom of NPD in spades.

You have also displayed what a very inadequate nurse you are; as
repeated employers have confirmed by sacking you.

Janet UK

Janet

no leída,
30 ago 2020, 8:38:3530/8/20
In article <5F4B8518...@att.net>, g.ma...@att.net says...
Pointing out the dismal truth is not celebration, just reality.

" Truth and Reality" are not your strong points. You have that in
common with John and Julie.

Janet UK

jmcquown

no leída,
30 ago 2020, 10:14:3230/8/20
<sigh> Gary... Julie wrote (right above what I wrote):

"Last time I was in the hospital, they put me on the "Heart Smart" diet
despite my Dr. telling them not to. I don't have heart problems and I
had low sodium. They wouldn't allow me to have any cheese."

If Julie wasn't supposed to be on the "Heart Smart" diet why the heck
didn't she say "Hey! This is *not* what the doctor ordered"? As for
Carol, yes, if they forgot to feed her four times why didn't she speak
up? Julie gets some latitude for being wacky. But Carol? I don't
expect military personnel to be wimpy.

I had to have emergency surgery back in 1993. I hadn't eaten in two
days so you can bet I was hungry. After checking on me around 7:00 the
next morning the doctor said she'd have them bring me some breakfast. I
waited and waited but no one brought me any food. As Noon approached
with still nothing to eat you can bet my finger was on that call button.
(Not a bad meal when it finally arrived, either. Scrambled eggs,
bacon, toast with butter, orange juice and coffee. Not "heart smart"
but hey, I wasn't there for heart problems.) I polished it off and when
the nurse came back to take the tray she said, "You really *were*
hungry!* Duh.

Jill

bruce bowser

no leída,
30 ago 2020, 11:01:0530/8/20
My favorite hospital meal included roast beef. Ever since then, I've always wondered how they made it taste so good.

Dave Smith

no leída,
30 ago 2020, 11:01:3830/8/20
On 2020-08-29 8:50 p.m., cshenk wrote:
> Jeßus wrote:
>

>>> Last time I was in the hospital, they put me on the "Heart Smart"
>>> diet despite my Dr. telling them not to. I don't have heart
>>> problems and I had low sodium. They wouldn't allow me to have any
>>> cheese.
>>
>> When was that 'last time'? It's been years since the saturated
>> fat/cholesterol = bad thing was discredited.
>
> It's not entirely discredited. Moderation rules on it now.

This is a lot like the mask debate. They keep referring to "the
science" but the science keeps chanaging, and that makes it non science.

Dave Smith

no leída,
30 ago 2020, 11:03:3630/8/20
On 2020-08-29 9:01 p.m., John Kuthe wrote:
-sw

> WHO accuses John of being a narcissist? I have Bipolar Disorder, not Narcissistic Personality Disorder. They ARE different, you know! I do! I am a nurse, I have to know.

Correction. You were a nurse, but apparently you were a bad one, which
is why you didn't work as one for a long time and why you didn't last
very long at your recent jobs.

Gary

no leída,
30 ago 2020, 11:47:5230/8/20
jmcquown wrote:

> I'm not going to watch some silly youtube video about Gandhi. How about
> you go listen to your old LPs instead and give us a break? You are not
> an expert about anything.
>
> I'm watching butterflies flitting around outside which are infinitly
> more interesting. :)

LOL Evidently, you are easily amused.

Cindy Hamilton

no leída,
30 ago 2020, 11:48:3130/8/20
You misunderstand the nature of science.

Data are collected, hypotheses are formulated. Then some jackwagon
journalist latches on to the hypothesis and presents it as Gospel Truth.

Additional data are received, hypotheses are re-formulated. Then
the public can't figure out why science can't get its story straight.

If science never revised its conclusions, we'd still be subscribing
to the Phlogiston Theory and the four humours.

Cindy Hamilton

Cindy Hamilton

no leída,
30 ago 2020, 11:49:5330/8/20
Yes. Butterflies are infinitely more interesting than John Kuthe's
latest bullshit.

Cindy Hamilton

Sqwertz

no leída,
30 ago 2020, 12:20:1830/8/20
On Sun, 30 Aug 2020 06:53:12 -0400, Gary wrote:

> Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, 29 Aug 2020 23:08:29 -0400, Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>>> He keeps saying that he is a nurse, but it seems that he was sanctioned
>>> for leaving his ward unattended, and he finally got a nursing job again
>>> recently and lasted only a few days.
>>
>> He didn't get *a* new job. He got THREE new jobs and lost them all.
>> I think he spent about 8 days between all three jobs and 3 of those
>> days were training and orientation.
>
> And just *why* do some here celebrate that?

It's not to 'celebrate'. It's to point out the irony behind somebody
who's constantly putting himself at a higher intellectual and social
level than everyone else here, or just outright calling us all
assholes.

-sw

GM

no leída,
30 ago 2020, 12:27:4530/8/20
BINGO...!!!

Jill posts often about nature, pets, her Dad's military career, etc., so far more interesting, we all enjoy them. JK ONLY posts about himself...whenever I see his posts I think, "GROAN -- again...!!!???", he is an insane hampster forever spinning on a wheel in his cage...and at TOP speed, too...no self - awareness at all.

--
Best
Greg

dsi1

no leída,
30 ago 2020, 12:31:4830/8/20
It is because they have shitty lives for one reason or another, they just can't get no satisfaction, and it has made them angry and fearful. That's not a guess.

jmcquown

no leída,
30 ago 2020, 12:38:4430/8/20
I've seen some lovely ones flitting around today, too. Here's a picture
of the flowering plant they're attracted to:

https://i.postimg.cc/HWwHY6Q2/pinkcreeping.jpg

I didn't plant these, they just showed up one year flanking the patio.
They bloom nearly year round. They do tend to spread a bit but they're
pretty so I don't care. The butterflies love them. :)

Jill

dsi1

no leída,
30 ago 2020, 12:40:0130/8/20
The problem with believing in data is that it gives no absolute truths but instead, merely percentages of something being true. For absolute truths, you have to turn to God or someone your trust absolutely.

S Viemeister

no leída,
30 ago 2020, 12:57:4930/8/20
On 30/08/2020 17:38, jmcquown wrote:

> https://i.postimg.cc/HWwHY6Q2/pinkcreeping.jpg
>
> I didn't plant these, they just showed up one year flanking the patio.
> They bloom nearly year round.  They do tend to spread a bit but they're
> pretty so I don't care.  The butterflies love them. :)

Looks like myrtle.

Hank Rogers

no leída,
30 ago 2020, 13:44:3530/8/20
<*SNIFF*>

graham

no leída,
30 ago 2020, 13:51:3830/8/20
OF COURSE IT DOES!!!!!

but instead, merely percentages of something being true. For absolute
truths, you have to turn to God or someone your trust absolutely.

Oh! FFS!

dsi1

no leída,
30 ago 2020, 14:39:1230/8/20
I love it when yoose gets infuriated.

Jeßus

no leída,
30 ago 2020, 15:27:3730/8/20
Well, I'm not so sure that's a good analogy. Yes, the mask nonsense
changes by the hour (doesn't help when they outright lie and later
admit they lied): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2MmX2U2V3c

Whereas research into 'cholesterol' has been ongoing for many decades,
which typically trickles down from research to the authorities and
finally the specialists and local doctor at a glacial speed (as in
decades).

Jeßus

no leída,
30 ago 2020, 15:30:2530/8/20
On Sun, 30 Aug 2020 09:39:57 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
<dsi...@hawaiiantel.net> wrote:

>The problem with believing in data is that it gives no absolute truths but instead, merely percentages of something being true.

Damn. I always knew E = mc2 was bullshit. Thanks for exposing this!

>For absolute truths, you have to turn to God or someone your trust absolutely.

LOL. Think about what you just said. Oh wait, this is you we're
talking about...

Bryan Simmons

no leída,
30 ago 2020, 15:49:2030/8/20
On Saturday, August 29, 2020 at 2:59:30 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Aug 2020 05:50:31 +1000, Jeßus <j...@j.net> wrote:
>
> >On Sat, 29 Aug 2020 03:05:48 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> ><juli...@frontier.com> wrote:
> >

> >>"John Kuthe" <johnk...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >>Last time I was in the hospital, they put me on the "Heart Smart" diet
> >>despite my Dr. telling them not to. I don't have heart problems and I had
> >>low sodium. They wouldn't allow me to have any cheese.
> >
> >When was that 'last time'? It's been years since the saturated
> >fat/cholesterol = bad thing was discredited.
> It has only been discredited in the brain of kooks.

Saturated fat and an active lifestyle increases HDL levels. High HDL is good.

--Bryan

Jeßus

no leída,
30 ago 2020, 16:00:1530/8/20
The public narrative on this topic is utterly depressing. Most people
want the problem solved by taking a pill, rather than taking personal
responsibility and taking action to resolve the problem themselves
(which 95% of them could actually do if they wanted).

Plenty of valid information available out there for people who make
the effort to research the topic. Instead, they placate themselves
with information that tends to absolve themselves of responsibility.

You mentioned an active lifestyle, which indeed DOES make a massive
difference. But few want to hear about that, it would require them to
actually face reality instead of relying on corporations and others
with a vested interest in perpetuating the problem...

cshenk

no leída,
30 ago 2020, 17:34:2630/8/20
Gary wrote:

> jmcquown wrote:
> >
> > On 8/29/2020 6:05 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
> > >
> > > "John Kuthe" <johnk...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > > Last time I was in the hospital, they put me on the "Heart Smart"
> > > diet despite my Dr. telling them not to. I don't have heart
> > > problems and I had low sodium. They wouldn't allow me to have any
> > > cheese.
> > >
> > Oh goody! It's the clash of the "heart smart" diets.
> >
> > Okay, if your doctor told them not to why did you not complain
> > loudly to anyone who would listen? How about the get the doctor
> > back in the room and have him/her tell them to change the order?
> >
> > Honest to god, I don't understand why people turn into such wimps
> > in the presence of medical personnel. I'd be pressing the call
> > button and asking why haven't I been fed?
>
> <sigh> I agree with you, Jill. If the hospital skipped my meals,
> I would also press the call button and demand food.
>
> However, Julie didn't say that. It was cshenk when she was in
> the Navy hospital for a c-section. Different thread

> cshenk wrote:
> I remember when I was in the hospital after Charlotte was born by
> C-section. They forgot to feed me. No tests involved, just got
> missed
> 4 times. Twice on the first day then breakfast next day and lunch
> the
> one after that. Military (taxpayers) got billed for all 4 and
> was
> released day 5 and they billed tax payers for lunch and dinner
> (which I
> didn't get).

I did press the call button. I didn't get fed even after that.

cshenk

no leída,
30 ago 2020, 17:35:1230/8/20
> didn't she say "Hey! This is not what the doctor ordered"? As for
> Carol, yes, if they forgot to feed her four times why didn't she
> speak up? Julie gets some latitude for being wacky. But Carol? I
> don't expect military personnel to be wimpy.
>
> I had to have emergency surgery back in 1993. I hadn't eaten in two
> days so you can bet I was hungry. After checking on me around 7:00
> the next morning the doctor said she'd have them bring me some
> breakfast. I waited and waited but no one brought me any food. As
> Noon approached with still nothing to eat you can bet my finger was
> on that call button. (Not a bad meal when it finally arrived,
> either. Scrambled eggs, bacon, toast with butter, orange juice and
> coffee. Not "heart smart" but hey, I wasn't there for heart
> problems.) I polished it off and when the nurse came back to take
> the tray she said, "You really were hungry!* Duh.
>
> Jill

I did speack up. Why do you assume I did not?

Bryan Simmons

no leída,
30 ago 2020, 17:48:3930/8/20
On Saturday, August 29, 2020 at 8:27:27 PM UTC-5, Hank Rogers wrote:
> John Kuthe wrote:

> >> And you accuse John of being narcissist?!?!
> >>
> >> "Narcissistic personality disorder — one of several types of
> >> personality disorders — is a mental condition in which people have
> >> an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive
> >> attention and admiration, troubled relationships, and a lack of
> >> empathy for others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence lies
> >> a fragile self-esteem that's vulnerable to the slightest criticism."
> >>
> >> -sw
> >
> > WHO accuses John of being a narcissist? I have Bipolar Disorder, not Narcissistic Personality Disorder. They ARE different, you know! I do! I am a nurse, I have to know.
> >
> > John Kuthe...
> >
> Yes, and not just any old nurse, but a 100% cannabis nurse, who
> burns zero gasoline!

An LSD, pervert nurse.

--Bryan

Bruce

no leída,
30 ago 2020, 18:19:2430/8/20
I think people know it, but most can't do it. My previous doctor said
80% of people can't change their lifestyle, so he doesn't expect them
to and medicates accordingly. Of course, one is free to prove one can
do it without pills.

Ed Pawlowski

no leída,
30 ago 2020, 18:35:3430/8/20
Just have to spew some filth. You must orgasm from it. It just makes
you look more pathetic than your target.

Bryan Simmons

no leída,
31 ago 2020, 4:49:0431/8/20
But both are true. Would it be spewing filth to mention Benny?

--Bryan

Julie Bove

no leída,
31 ago 2020, 7:43:3831/8/20

"jmcquown" <j_mc...@comcast.net> wrote in message
> On 8/30/2020 5:27 AM, Gary wrote:
>> jmcquown wrote:

> "Last time I was in the hospital, they put me on the "Heart Smart" diet
> despite my Dr. telling them not to. I don't have heart problems and I
> had low sodium. They wouldn't allow me to have any cheese."
>
> If Julie wasn't supposed to be on the "Heart Smart" diet why the heck
> didn't she say "Hey! This is *not* what the doctor ordered"? As for
> Carol, yes, if they forgot to feed her four times why didn't she speak up?
> Julie gets some latitude for being wacky. But Carol? I don't expect
> military personnel to be wimpy.

I did! But it went nowhere. Every time I've been in the hospital, the Dr,
just tells me to have someone bring me in food.

I don't know if you've been in the hospital or not but here, the right hand
doesn't seem to know what the left hand is doing. Once, they refused to give
me a diet lemon lime soda because I had a citrus allery. AFAIK there is no
such thing as a citrus allergy but somehow they put it in my chart and
refused to take it off. I wound up getting the dietiician to come to my
room. That only muddied the waters further.

Another time, I used my Ipad to diagnose Red Man's syndrome. It happens when
Vancomycin via and IV gets into your system too quickly. They didn't want to
believe at first. Finally they came in. Said I was right. Swapped it out for
Penicillin. I then went into anwphalxic shock. Again, they wouldn't belive
me. I finally laid on the buzzer, screaming for a supervisor. When she
finally came in, she was like... OMG! That's when I found out I was allergic
to penicillin.

Another time, they had no menu. A burly woman kept demanding, "Just tell me
what you want!" Everything I asked for, they didn't have. I finally tried a
hamburger patty and green beans. That, they had. I couldn't chew the green
beans though. My mom tried one and said it must have been around since the
1940's.

When you're in the hospital, it's not like being in a hotel. You're pretty
much trapped in a bed, often stuck there with an IV asnd at other people's
mercy.

> I had to have emergency surgery back in 1993. I hadn't eaten in two days
> so you can bet I was hungry. After checking on me around 7:00 the next
> morning the doctor said she'd have them bring me some breakfast. I waited
> and waited but no one brought me any food. As Noon approached with still
> nothing to eat you can bet my finger was on that call button. (Not a bad
> meal when it finally arrived, either. Scrambled eggs, bacon, toast with
> butter, orange juice and coffee. Not "heart smart" but hey, I wasn't
> there for heart problems.) I polished it off and when the nurse came back
> to take the tray she said, "You really *were* hungry!* Duh.

Okay, I guess you were in the hospital. You wouldn't get that in a hospital
here, these days. They serve Egg Beaters, margarine, and chicken sausage. No
bacon.

People with diabetes and other medical conditions just get put on the heart
smart diet here. I don't know why.

Julie Bove

no leída,
31 ago 2020, 7:45:2231/8/20

"cshenk" <csh...@cox.net> wrote in message
I did too. Doesn't mean it gets you anywhere though.

Julie Bove

no leída,
31 ago 2020, 7:46:0131/8/20

"Dave Smith" <adavid...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

>>> When was that 'last time'? It's been years since the saturated
>>> fat/cholesterol = bad thing was discredited.
>>
>> It's not entirely discredited. Moderation rules on it now.
>>

> This is a lot like the mask debate. They keep referring to "the science"
> but the science keeps chanaging, and that makes it non science.

Correct.

Ed Pawlowski

no leída,
31 ago 2020, 9:25:4131/8/20
On 8/31/2020 4:48 AM, Bryan Simmons wrote:

>>> An LSD, pervert nurse.
>>>
>>> --Bryan
>>>
>> Just have to spew some filth. You must orgasm from it. It just makes
>> you look more pathetic than your target.
>
> But both are true. Would it be spewing filth to mention Benny?
>
> --Bryan

Depends on how much you want to denigrate yourself.

Dave Smith

no leída,
31 ago 2020, 10:27:2631/8/20
On 2020-08-31 7:43 a.m., Julie Bove wrote:

> "jmcquown" <j_mc...@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>
>> If Julie wasn't supposed to be on the "Heart Smart" diet why the heck
>> didn't she say "Hey! This is *not* what the doctor ordered"?  As for
>> Carol, yes, if they forgot to feed her four times why didn't she speak
>> up? Julie gets some latitude for being wacky.  But Carol?  I don't
>> expect military personnel to be wimpy.
>
> I did! But it went nowhere. Every time I've been in the hospital, the
> Dr, just tells me to have someone bring me in food.

You had a smart doctor.

> I don't know if you've been in the hospital or not but here, the right
> hand doesn't seem to know what the left hand is doing. Once, they
> refused to give me a diet lemon lime soda because I had a citrus allery.
> AFAIK there is no such thing as a citrus allergy but somehow they put it
> in my chart and refused to take it off. I wound up getting the
> dietiician to come to my room. That only muddied the waters further.

The waters do get muddied when the story keeps changing.

Sheldon Martin

no leída,
31 ago 2020, 15:17:4631/8/20
On Mon, 31 Aug 2020 10:28:19 -0400, Dave Smith
<adavid...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>On 2020-08-31 7:43 a.m., Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "jmcquown" <j_mc...@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> If Julie wasn't supposed to be on the "Heart Smart" diet why the heck
>>> didn't she say "Hey! This is *not* what the doctor ordered"?  As for
>>> Carol, yes, if they forgot to feed her four times why didn't she speak
>>> up? Julie gets some latitude for being wacky.  But Carol?  I don't
>>> expect military personnel to be wimpy.
>>
>> I did! But it went nowhere. Every time I've been in the hospital, the
>> Dr, just tells me to have someone bring me in food.
>
>You had a smart doctor.

She had an idiot for a doctor or is lying. Hospitals prepare meals
according to the doctor's orders for a particular health issue and
don't want visitors sneaking in food. You're in the hospital for
eating all sorts of crap on a regular basis.

Hank Rogers

no leída,
31 ago 2020, 15:46:0531/8/20
Thar she blows Popeye!

If yoose on a regular diet, they could care less what is brought to
yoose. If yoose on some restricted diet, they have a fit if people
bring yoose something NOT on yoose diet.

Yoose pretty damn dumb.

Sqwertz

no leída,
1 sept 2020, 7:21:351/9/20
Benny Sanders? No wonder John's at all the rallys.

jmcquown

no leída,
4 sept 2020, 15:46:024/9/20
I would expect better of a military hospital serving military personnel.

Jill

Cindy Hamilton

no leída,
5 sept 2020, 6:13:385/9/20

dsi1

no leída,
5 sept 2020, 6:30:305/9/20
Things were awful for veterans. I could not believe the shitty treatment my brother-in-law got when he tried to get some medical care from the Tripler Army Medical Center. We had high hopes that a local boy would be able to straighten the system out but that pretty much crashed and burned.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Shinseki

jmcquown

no leída,
5 sept 2020, 9:25:035/9/20
Sure, except she was talking about when she was in the hospital having
her daughter, who is now an adult in the Navy. I don't plan to argue
about it but my SO is a veteran and he gets excellent care from the VA.
His last stint in the hospital was in cardiac care which involved the
insertion of a pacemaker. He says he ate pretty well; of course it was
"heart smart" meals. :)

Jill
0 mensajes nuevos